Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 9th September 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 9th September 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Govt hikes wheat MSP by Rs 40 to Rs 2,015 per quintal
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Prime Minister Modi, on 8 September 2021 hiked the minimum support price for wheat by Rs 40 to Rs 2,015 per quintal to boost production as well as farmers’ income.
- MSP is the rate at which the government buys grain from farmers.
- Currently, the government fixes MSPs for 23 crops grown in both Kharif and rabi seasons.
India, ADB sign $300 million loans to expand rural connectivity
- The Asian Development Bank and India have signed a $300 mn loan as additional financing to scale up the improvement of rural connectivity to help boost rural economy in Maharashtra.
- The additional financing for the ongoing Maharashtra Rural Connectivity Improvement Project will help improve an additional 1,100 rural roads and 230 bridges for a total length of 2,900 kilometres in 34 districts.
Cabinet approves Rs 10,683 crore PLI scheme for textiles
- The Cabinet has approved the production-linked incentive (PLI) scheme worth Rs 10,683 crore for textiles sector with an aim to boost domestic manufacturing and exports.
- It has been approved for textiles for MMF (man-made fibre) apparel, MMF fabrics and ten segments of technical textiles.
- The government expects investments of more than Rs 19,000 cr into the sector during the 5-year period.
Molbio Diagnostics gets DCGI nod for Nipah virus testing
- Molbio Diagnostics’ platform Truenat has received emergency use authorisation from DCGI for Nipah virus testing.
- Testing for the virus can now be performed rapidly on Truenat, a real-time PCR platform, on-demand.
- Nipah virus is an emerging zoonotic disease that causes severe disease in humans.
- Signs and symptoms range from asymptomatic to acute respiratory infection and fatal encephalitis.
IRCTC to launch India’s first luxury cruise liner from September 18
- The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation will start India’s first indigenous cruise liner on 18 Sept’21.
- IRCTC has joined hands and signed the agreement with Cordelia Cruises being operated by M/s Waterways Leisure Tourism Pvt. Ltd.
- In its first phase, it will sail through Indian destinations with its base at Mumbai, while from May 2022 the cruise will be shifted to Chennai.
Advertising doyen Ramesh Narayan to be inducted into AFAA Hall of Fame
- Indian advertising doyen Ramesh Narayan will be inducted into the Asian Federation of Advertising Associations (AFAA) Hall of Fame at AdAsia 2021 slated to be held on Dec 3, 2021.
- He has been earlier honoured with AAAI Lifetime Achievement Award, the International Advertising Association Global Champion Award, the Public Relations Society of India Special Award etc.
Infosys, The Economist Group announce new strategic partnership
- Infosys and The Economist Group have announced a new strategic partnership.
- It will enable and accelerate sustainability solutions and drive world-changing impact through a new business-to-business model.
- The first phase of the strategic, multi-year partnership will be announced and launched in October 2021.
NPCI and Fiserv launch RuPay credit card stack for fintechs and banks
- The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and Fiserv Inc, have entered into an agreement to launch the plug-and-play RuPay credit card stack, nFiNi.
- This BaaS (banking-as-a-service) programme provides a ready stack of services required for fintechs and banks to issue RuPay credit cards.
- NPCI and Fiserv will expand the market base by enabling fintechs and banks on credit cards.
RBI removes PCA restrictions on UCO Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India has removed UCO Bank from its Prompt Corrective Action Framework (PCAF) following improvement in various parameters and a written commitment that the state-owned lender will comply with the minimum capital norms.
- The Board for Financial Supervision on the basis of the published financial results for 2020-21 found that the bank was not in breach of the PCA parameter.
India to procure 56 transport aircraft for over $2 billion from Airbus
- The Cabinet Committee on Security has given nod for the procurement of 56 C-295MW transport aircraft from Airbus Defence and Space S.A., Spain for the Indian Air Force (IAF).
- The C-295MW aircraft is a transport aircraft of 5-10 tonne capacity with contemporary technology that will replace the ageing Avro aircraft of IAF.
- The aircraft has a rear ramp door for quick reaction.
Lodha Group ties up with Tata Power for EV charging infrastructure
- Real estate developer Lodha Group has entered into a partnership with Tata Power.
- It will provide end-to-end electric vehicle (EV) charging solutions in all its residential and commercial projects across Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) and Pune.
- These chargers will be accessible to all Lodha residents and visitors who are EV owners.
Telangana Language Day: 9 September
- Telangana Language Day is celebrated every year on 9 September.
- It marks the birth anniversary of poet and Padma Vibhushan awardee Kaloji Narayana Rao.
- Kaloji Narayana Rao’s “Naa Godava” is the most famous among all his writings.
- The Department of Culture organizes the day on behalf of The Telangana Government.
Revenue Deficit Grant of Rs. 9,871 crore released to 17 states
- The Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance as released the 6th monthly installment of Post Devolution Revenue Deficit (PDRD) Grant of Rs. 9,871.00 cr to 17 states.
- With this, a total amount of Rs. 59,226.00 crore has been released to the eligible States as PDRD in FY 2021-22.
- The Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grant is provided to the States under Article 275 of the Constitution.
Chhattisgarh to issue domicile certificates to those studying outside
- Chhattisgarh cabinet has decided that domicile certificates will be issued to those who are studying outside the state.
- This decision was taken in a cabinet meeting held by Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel.
- The cabinet has also decided to supply 70 percent of the annual requirement of raw materials to the industries established under the new industrial policy 2019-24.
International Day to Protect Education from Attack: 9 September
- International Day to Protect Education from Attack is observed every year on 9 Sept.
- The day was established by a unanimous decision of the UN General Assembly, calling on UNESCO and UNICEF to raise awareness of the plight of millions of children living in countries affected by conflict.
- The resolution proclaiming the Day was presented by the State of Qatar and co-sponsored by 62 countries.
Centre appoints G S Pannu as Officiating President of ITAT
- The government has appointed G.S. Pannu as Officiating President of the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT).
- He is presently a Vice-President, ITAT, New Delhi.
- He will hold the office till the appointment of the regular President or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
- Before joining ITAT, practised as a Chartered Accountant at New Delhi from 1986-2000.
IIT Madras ranked best institution in India: NIRF Ranking
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) has emerged as the best institute in India, bagging the top rank in National Institutional Rankings Framework (NIRF) Ranking 2021.
- For the third consecutive year, IIT Madras has bagged the top spot.
- IIT Madras has been ranked number one in India in ‘Overall’ and ‘Engineering’ category in NIRF Rankings 2021.
S&P Global Ratings projects India’s GDP for FY22 at 9.50%
- India is expected to post strong economic growth in the coming quarters, even as inflation, led by food prices, is likely to remain elevated, according to S&P Global Ratings.
- The economy is expected to clock 9.5% growth in the current fiscal (2021-22), followed by 7% expansion in 2022.
- S&P has the lowest investment grade ‘BBB-’ rating on India, with a stable outlook.
Karnataka Bank launches ‘WisePOSGo’, a new POS device
- WisePOSGo – a POS device (Point of Sales swiping machine) (Phone + PoS machine) that processes business payments, has been launched by Karnataka Bank.
- It has been launched in collaboration with Mswipe Technologies Pvt Ltd., for the bank’s merchant customers.
- This device is an all-in-one swiping machine loaded with advanced features like contactless payment, mobile phone, QR Code, etc.
Taskforce constituted to improve internet connectivity in Karnataka
- The Centre has constituted a task force to improve internet connectivity in Karnataka.
- The Electronics and Information Technology Ministry’s task force consisting of officers of the National Internet Exchange of India and Software Technology Parks of India will visit each district.
- They will submit a report to the Minister of State for Electronics and IT, Rajeev Chandrasekhar.
Government appoints ten merchant bankers to manage IPO
- The government has appointed 10 merchant bankers including Goldman Sachs (India) Securities, Citigroup Global Markets India, to manage the mega initial public offering of LIC.
- Other selected bankers include SBI Capital Market, JM Financial, Axis Capital, BofA Securities, JP Morgan India, ICICI Securities, and Kotak Mahindra Capital Co Ltd.
Manipur CM inaugurates organic outlets at Pune and Bengaluru
- Manipur Chief Minister N. Biren Singh inaugurated organic outlets at Pune and Bengaluru on 8 September 2021.
- He also flagged off a consignment of 10 MT of GI tagged organic Chak-hao (black rice) to Europe in a function held at Imphal.
- The organic outlets at Pune and Bengaluru were opened by Manipur Organic Mission Agency under Mission Organic Value Chain Development for North Eastern Region.
1 lakh smart electric meters to be installed in Jammu and Srinagar
- In Jammu and Kashmir, the Power Development Dept is going to install 1 lakh smart electric meters both in Jammu and Srinagar cities soon.
- Another 3 lakh smart meters, for Jammu and Srinagar cities each, are also in the pipeline.
- 100% metering of feeders has been achieved, and nearly half of the meters installed are also capable of automatic communication with the national power portal.
An agreement approved between India and Portugal
- The Cabinet has cleared the signing of an agreement on the recruitment of Indian citizens to work in the Portuguese Republic between India and Portugal.
- Under this agreement, a Joint Committee will be set up to follow up the implementation of the same.
- This agreement will add a new destination for Indian migrant workers in an EU member nation.
MoU approved between Joint Stock Company Rosgeologia and GSI
- The Cabinet has approved the signing of an MoU between the Joint Stock Company Rosgeologia, a legal entity incorporated under the laws of the Russian Federation, and the Geological Survey of India.
- It is for cooperation in the field of Geosciences.
- The main objective is to extend mutual cooperation for technological collaboration on exploration for deep-seated and concealed mineral deposits.
MoU approved between ICAI and Chamber of Auditors of Azerbaijan
- Union Cabinet has approved the signing of MoU between the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and the Chamber of Auditors of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- It will help in establishing mutual cooperation in the areas of member management, professional ethics, technical research, professional accountancy training, audit quality monitoring, advancement of accounting knowledge, etc.
Centre to allow induction of women into National Defence Academy
- The central govt informs Supreme Court that it has taken a decision to allow the induction of women into National Defence Academy (NDA).
- The decision was taken in consultation with Armed Forces.
- Women will be allowed to face the NDA entrance exam for gaining a commission as officers in defence services.
- The Centre will file an affidavit regarding its submissions allowing girls into NDA.
High-level India-Russia Inter-Governmental Consultation on Afghanistan
- Russian National Security Advisor, General Nikolay Patrushev and his Indian counterpart Ajit Doval on 8 September 2021 held high-level consultations on Afghanistan in New Delhi.
- The Russian NSA also met Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
- The two countries reviewed the political, security, and humanitarian situation in Afghanistan, activities of terrorist groups, etc.
Centre signs ceasefire agreement with Nagaland’s NSCN Niki group
- The Centre has entered into a ceasefire agreement with the National Socialist Council of Nagaland (K) Niki Group for a period of one year.
- More than 200 cadres of this group along with 83 weapons joined the peace process.
- The Ceasefire Agreement and Agreed Ceasefire Ground Rules were signed on 8 September 2021.
- The Central government has already signed a Framework Agreement with NSCN (IM).
EAM S Jaishankar addresses the annual meeting of the Romanian Diplomacy
- External Affairs Minister, Dr. S. Jaishankar addressed the annual meeting of Romanian Diplomacy on 8 September 2021.
- He informed that Romania will benefit significantly from the expansion of India’s cooperation with the European Union.
- There was a summit in May 2021 between PM Modi and the EU 27 leaders in Portugal.
- One of its important outcomes is the resumption of our FTA negotiations.
Uttarakhand Governor Baby Rani Maurya resigns
- Uttarakhand Governor Baby Rani Maurya resigned on 8 September 2021, two years before completing her tenure.
- She tendered her resignation to President Ram Nath Kovind.
- Maurya was sworn in as the Governor of Uttarakhand on August 26, 2018, taking over from Krishna Kant Paul at the end of his five-year tenure.
- She had completed three years in office as the Governor in August 2021.
HDFC Bank partners with NSIC to offer credit support to MSMEs
- HDFC Bank has signed an MoU with National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) to offer credit support to MSMEs across the country.
- HDFC Bank will provide MSMEs with schemes to enhance their competitiveness.
- Under this financing arrangement, HDFC Bank branches will extend support to MSME projects in the areas they are located.
IIFT, TPCI jointly launches certificate programme in Agri import
- Trade Promotion Council of India (TPCI) collaborated with the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) to offer an online certificate program in Agri import and export management.
- The six-month online course offers practical insights for exporters on diverse aspects of Agri trade; starting from product and market identification to procedural formalities for exports and imports.
Adobe appoints Prativa Mohapatra as Vice President
- Software solutions provider Adobe announced the appointment of former IBM executive Prativa Mohapatra as the Vice President and Managing Director for its India operations.
- Mohapatra is the company’s first woman leader to drive Adobe India’s business vision and growth opportunity across Adobe Experience Cloud, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Adobe Document Cloud.
MP govt earmarks Rs 2.77cr funds to set up bamboo-based industries
- The Madhya Pradesh government has earmarked a grant of Rs. 2.77 crore for setting up bamboo-based industries in different parts of the state.
- The state government has identified 10 areas for setting up bamboo-based industries in the state.
- Funds will be given mainly to bamboo treatment and seasoning plants, bamboo processing centres and value addition units, bamboo waste management, etc.
Arun Kumar Singh takes over as new chairman of BPCL
- Arun Kumar Singh on 8 September 2021 has taken over as the new chairman and managing director of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL).
- He is also the chairman of Indraprastha Gas Ltd – the city gas joint venture of BPCL and GAIL (India) Ltd.
- Vetsa Ramakrishna Gupta is the new Director (Finance) of India’s second-largest fuel marketing company, BPCL.
Tata AIA Life names Neeraj Chopra as brand ambassador
- Tata AIA Life Insurance on 8 September 2021 announced the onboarding of Neeraj Chopra as its brand ambassador in a multi-year deal.
- Over the next few years, Chopra would support Tata AIA’s efforts in offering best-in-class life protection and health and wellness solutions to its consumers across the country.
- Neeraj Chopra clinched a gold medal at the Tokyo Olympics 2021.
Bank of Baroda launches one-stop digital platform ‘bob World’
- State-owned Bank of Baroda on 8 September 2021 announced the launch of its digital banking platform ‘bob World’, aimed at providing all banking services under one roof.
- ‘bob World’ would offer a wide gamut of banking products and services, to be rolled out in phases, under four key pillars — Save, Invest, Borrow and Shop.
- Over 220 bank services would be converged into one single app.
China launches new Earth observation satellite ‘Gaofen-5-02’
- China has successfully launched a new satellite into space to improve the country’s observation capacity of the atmosphere, water, and land.
- The Earth observation satellite, Gaofen-5-02, was launched aboard a Long March-4C rocket from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Centre in China’s Shanxi Province.
- It is a hyperspectral satellite that would be used for comprehensive environmental monitoring.
PMGDISHA drive for 100% Digital Literacy of all digital villages
- Minister of State for Electronics & IT, Rajeev Chandrasekhar, launched the PMGDISHA drive and announced a campaign for 100% Digital Literacy of all digital villages.
- The PMGDISHA drive has been launched under the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Digital Saksharta Abhiyan (PMGDISHA).
- Under the drive, a three-day certification drive for rural citizens would be conducted from September 8 to 10, 2021.