Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 6th December 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 6th December 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Government to celebrate 65th Mahaparinirvan Diwas on December 6
- Mahaparinirvan Diwas is observed every year on 6th December to commemorate the death anniversary of Dr. B R Ambedkar.
- He is also known as the Father of the Indian Constitution, died on 6 December 1956.
- In 1956, he converted to Buddhism, just a few days after completing his last work. He was conferred Bharat Ratna in 1990.
- Parinirvan is one of the major principles and goals of Buddhism.
India, Bangladesh to celebrate Maitiri Diwas on 6 December
- Maitri Diwas is being observed on 6 Dec to mark India recognizing the newly-formed country Bangladesh in 1971.
- The occasion will be observed in 18 countries across the world.
- Ten days before the liberation of Bangladesh, India had recognised Bangladesh on December 6, 1971.
- India was one of the first countries to establish bilateral diplomatic ties with Bangladesh.
Neelam Shammi Rao appointed Provident Fund Commissioner in the EPFO
- Madhya Pradesh cadre IAS officer Neelam Shammi Rao was appointed as the Central Provident Fund Commissioner in the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).
- The Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) approved her name.
- Before this, she was the Director-General (Training) in the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, sent to the top post of the retirement fund body EPFO.
Bob Dole senate leader, former U.S. Presidential candidate passed away
- Bob Dole, an American politician who overcame disabling war wounds to become a sharp-tongued Senate leader from Kansas, a Republican presidential candidate passed away.
- During his 36-year career on Capitol Hill, Dole became one of the most influential legislators and party leaders in the Senate.
- He shaped tax policy, foreign policy, farm & nutrition programs and rights for the disabled, etc.
Kerala’s Sruthy Sithara, first Indian to win Miss Trans Global 2021
- 2021 Miss Trans Global title was conferred to Kerala native Sruthy Sithara, who had been competing in the pageant for the last six months. She is the first Indian to do so.
- Sithara worked as a project assistant at the Kerala government’s Social Justice Department.
- Miss Trans Global is an international online pageant for trans and gender-nonconforming people from all backgrounds.
BWF World Tour Finals: Sindhu settles for silver, loses to An Seyoung
- Indian badminton ace P V Sindhu settled for a silver medal at the BWF World Tour Finals after losing to South Korea’s An Seyoung 16-21, 12-21.
- This was Sindhu’s third final appearance in the tournament.
- She had won the title in 2018 to become the only Indian to achieve the feat.
- World number one Viktor Axelsen lifts Men’s Singles title, defeated Thailand’s Kunlavut Vitidsarn.
Argentina wins FIH Odisha Hockey Men’s Junior World Cup 2021
- Argentina won the Men’s FIH Hockey Junior World Cup 2021 beating Germany’s team.
- This is the second time Argentina won the Men’s Junior World Cup.
- France won the Bronze medal, beat India by 1-3 who finishes in fourth place.
- Germany is the most successful team, having won the tournament six times followed by India, having won the tournament two times.
Uttarakhand CM launches random testing with a target of 25K tests daily
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami informed that the state government will be launching random testing with a target of 25000 tests daily.
- The aim of this move is to monitor and contain the spread of the new COVID variant, Omicron.
- All the passengers coming from outside the state will also be monitored and tested.
- Monitoring teams will be created at the district level.
Centre govt extends the timeline for implementation of Smart Cities Mission
- The Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry has extended the timeline for the implementation of the Smart Cities Mission to June 2023 due to the Covid pandemic and other reasons.
- The cities were expected to complete their projects within 5 years of being selected under the Smart Cities Mission.
- The Union government launched the smart cities mission on June 25, 2015.
India’s first survey vessel ‘Sandhayak’ launched by GRSE
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers (GRSE) has launched Sandhayak, the ‘First Of Class’ Indigenous survey vessel.
- These survey ships are capable of full-scale coastal & deep-water hydrographic survey of Ports & Harbor approaches & determination of navigational channels & routes.
- These ships are also capable of undertaking surveys of Maritime limits and collection of Oceanographic data.
India and Maldives to hold 14-day joint military exercise
- The 11th edition of Exercise EKUVERIN between India and Maldives will be conducted at Kadhdhoo Island, Maldives from 6 Dec 2021.
- It will be concluded on 19th Dec 2021.
- The exercise will help both nations in understanding transnational terrorism both on land and at sea, conducting counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency operations, etc.
- It will also include cultural and sports activities.
Odisha govt signs agreement with SFI to develop swimming ecosystem
- The Odisha government on 4 Dec signed an agreement with the Swimming Federation of India (SFI) to develop, promote and expand the swimming ecosystem in the state and country.
- The aim of the partnership is the holistic development of the sport from grassroots to elite level, conducting national and international swimming competitions.
- The partnership will be valid for 1 yr extendable to 5 yr.
MSDE launches ASEEM portal to help skilled people
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has launched Aatmanirbhar Skilled Employees Employer Mapping (ASEEM) portal.
- It acts as a directory of skilled workforce.
- The objective is to provide a platform that matches the supply of skilled workforce with the market demand.
- ASEEM portal is being managed by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) under the aegis of Ministry.
Yes Bank launches RuPay-branded credit cards with NPCI
- Yes Bank, in collaboration with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), has launched new RuPay-branded credit cards on 6 December 2021.
- Yes Bank has launched the Yes Prosperity Rewards Plus credit card variant on the RuPay platform for its Yes Prosperity segment customers.
- The benefits on card include rewards points, fuel surcharge waiver, accelerated rewards points on Yes Cart etc.
Dr Virendra Kumar launches SRESHTA scheme for SC students
- Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Dr. Virendra Kumar launched Scheme for Residential Education for Students in High Schools in Targeted Areas (SRESHTA) on 6 December 2021.
- The scheme is for socio-economic upliftment and overall development of Scheduled Castes students.
- The scheme was launched on the occasion of Mahaparinirvan Diwas of Dr. B R Ambedkar in New Delhi.
Paytm partners with AWS to offer its startup toolkit to startups
- Paytm has partnered with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to offer its startup toolkit to startups onboarded on AWS Activate.
- The Startup Toolkit provides access to Paytm mini-app that enables developers to set up low-cost, quick-to-build mini-apps which can be built using Open Source technologies.
Sonowal inaugurates 50 Bed Integrated AYUSH Hospital in Manipur
- Union Minister of AYUSH, Shri Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated a 50 Bed Integrated AYUSH Hospital in Moreh, Manipur on 5 December 2021.
- The Ministry has decided to develop 15 AYUSH dispensaries, seven 10 Bed hospitals, 100 School Herbal Gardens, 16 Nurseries in each district and 50 Health and Wellness Centres in the state.
- Manipur has more than 1,000 medicinal plants out of 6,000 in India.
India and Russia sign their first-ever 2+2 ministerial dialogue
- India has signed two major agreements with Russia as the two countries began their first-ever 2+2 ministerial dialogue on 6 December 2021.
- The two sides signed contracts for the manufacture of nearly 6 lakh AK-203 rifles under a joint venture in Amethi, Uttar Pradesh.
- They also signed an agreement to extend military technology cooperation for the next decade, from 2021 to 2031.
British Airways becomes the first airline to use sustainable aviation fuel
- British Airways will become the first airline to use sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) produced on a commercial scale in the UK.
- British Airways and Phillips 66 Limited have signed a multi-year sustainable aviation fuel supply agreement.
- SAF is produced from sustainable waste sources and can reduce lifecycle CO2 emissions by over 80% compared to traditional jet fuel.
Bajaj Allianz Life launches guaranteed income-cum-life insurance plan
- Bajaj Allianz Life on 6 Dec launched a guaranteed income-cum-life insurance plan Bajaj Allianz Life Assured Wealth Goal.
- The first plan, Bajaj Allianz Life Assured Wealth Goal – Step-Up Income generates an assured income that increases by 10% every 5 years after the completion of the premium payment term.
- Mr. Tapan Singhel is the MD & CEO of Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company.
NMPB, CSIR-CIMAP sign MoU to promote the production of Medicinal Plants
- The National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB) and the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, (CSIR-CIMAP), signed an MoU for extending joint collaborative efforts to promote the production of quality planting material of medicinal plants.
- It will help in the establishment of nurseries for quality planting material development.
Lewis Hamilton takes victory in chaotic Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021
- Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes and Great Britain celebrates winning the F1 Grand Prix of Saudi Arabia at Jeddah Corniche Circuit on December 5, 2021, in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- It was his 104th title, won the first title in 2008.
- Saudi Arabia hosted the first-ever Formula 1 Grand Prix.
- Max Verstappen of Red Bull, Valtteri Bottas of Mercedes finish at 2nd and 3rd spot respectively.