Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 27th September 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 27th September 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
World Environmental Health Day: 26 September
- World Environmental Health Day 2021 is observed annually on September 26 to spread awareness globally regarding the health of the environment.
- The theme for 2021 is ‘Prioritising Environmental Health for healthier communities in the global recovery.’
- The day was marked by the International Federation of Environmental Health in 2011
World Tourism Day: 27 September
- World Tourism Day was observed on 27 September 2021.
- It is celebrated every year to foster awareness among the international community on the importance of tourism and its social, cultural, political, and economic value.
- Tourism Ministry launched the National Integrated Database of Hospitality Industry, NIDHI 2.0 and India Tourism Statistics – At a Glance, 2021 in New Delhi on this day.
@Top Current Affairs 27th September 2021
Weaver Services and Design Resource Center will be set up in Kullu
- A Weaver Services and Design Resource Center will be set up in Kullu.
- It will encourage attractive handicraft products of Himachal Pradesh besides providing a better platform for the export of these products in the international market.
- This was announced by Union Minister of Commerce and Industry and Textiles Piyush Goyal on 26 September 2021.
15 new Ministers take oath in Punjab Chief Minister’s new Cabinet
- Fifteen Punjab Congress MLAs took oath as Ministers in Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi’s new Cabinet on 26 September 201.
- Punjab Governor Banwarilal Purohit administered them the oath of office and secrecy at Punjab Raj Bhavan in Chandigarh.
- Deputy Chief Ministers Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa and OP Soni had already been sworn in earlier.
PM Modi brings 157 artefacts, antiquities handed over by the US
- The United States handed over 157 artifacts and antiquities during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit.
- The items largely belong to the period of 11th CE to 14th CE.
- Some 45 antiquities belong to Before Common Era (BCE).
- While half of the artifacts (71) are cultural, the other half consists of figurines which relate to Hinduism (60), Buddhism (16) and Jainism (9).
Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar’s birth anniversary: 26 September
- September 26 marks the birth anniversary of Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar.
- He was born in 1820 and year 2021 marks his 201st birth anniversary.
- He was an Indian educator and social reformer.
- His social reforms included ‘Bidhobabivah’ on the widow’s right to remarry (1855), ‘Bahubivah’ on the banning of polygamy (1871), etc.
EAM S Jaishankar to visit Mexico from September 26-28
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar would be paying an official visit to Mexico from September 26-28, 2021.
- He would also participate in the commemorative events of the 200th anniversary of the consolidation of Mexican Independence.
- Mexico is a non-permanent member of the UNSC (United Nations Security Council) alongside India for the period 2021-22.
India’s Visnu Shivaraj Pandian wins bronze at IOSC
- India’s Visnu Shivaraj Pandian won the bronze medal in the 10m air rifle event at the International Online Shooting Championship (IOSC) on 26 September 2021.
- The gold was won by Mireia Rossello of Spain with a score of 250.7 while the silver was bagged by Ukraine’s Tetyana Halkina.
- The two-day competition was organized by former India shooter Shimon Sharif.
Chennai Central Station becomes first to be fully powered by solar energy
- Puratchi Thalaivar Dr M.G. Ramachandran Central (DRM) or Chennai Central railway station (CCR) has become the first Indian Railway station that is fully powered by solar energy.
- It meets the 100% day energy requirement target by solar panels installed on the platform shelters of the station.
- The CCR station comes under the South Central Railway (SCR) zone.
HAL signs pact with Alliance Air for the deployment of aircraft in AP
- Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL), on 26 September 2021, signed a lease agreement with Alliance Air Aviation Limited.
- The MoU has been signed for the supply of two Civil Do-228 aircraft for regional operations in Arunachal Pradesh (AP).
- The Do-228 is a 19-seat multirole utility aircraft built for applications such as passenger transport, air ambulance, flight inspection roles etc.
India emerges as UAE’s second-biggest trade partner
- India has emerged as UAE’s second-biggest trading partner after China, according to official data released by the UAE (United Arab Emirates) government on 26 September 2021.
- The overall trading volume with India touched 38.5 billion dirhams in the first half (H1) of 2021.
- Trade with India grew 74.5 per cent year-on-year to 67.1 billion dirhams from 38.5 billion dirhams in H1 2020.
PM Modi to launch Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission on September 27
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi would launch the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) on September 27, 2021, via video conferencing.
- The nationwide rollout of the ABDM coincides with the third anniversary of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY).
- Currently, Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission is being implemented in the pilot phase in six Union Territories.
Sojat Mehndi from Rajasthan gets geographical indication tag
- Sojat Mehndi from Rajasthan has received the geographical indication (GI) tag from the government.
- Sojat Mehndi originates from mehndi leaves grown in Sojat, Rajasthan.
- It is fully naturally cultivated by rainwater for getting high lawsone content in mehndi leaves.
- A GI tag is used for an agricultural, natural, or a manufactured product originating from a definite geographical territory.
The first Palmetum of Uttarakhand inaugurated in Haldwani
- The first Palmetum, a specialized botanical park, of Uttarakhand, which is also the biggest in the whole of North India, was inaugurated on 26 September 2021.
- The Palmetum has been developed by the research wing of the Uttarakhand Forest Department in the premises of Uttarakhand Forest Research Institute located in Haldwani.
- The Palmetum has around 100 different species of Palms.
Assam tea research institute, Patanjali set to collaborate
- The Tocklai Tea Research Institute in Assam’s Jorhat district has decided to sign an MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with Patanjali Ayurved Ltd.
- The MoU aims to collaborate on advanced research on extracting chemical compounds from tea leaves and seeds to be used in medicine, cosmetics, and wellness products.
- Tocklai is the oldest and the largest Tea research institute in the world.
Swachh Survekshan 2022 launched on 27 September 2021
- Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) launched the seventh consecutive edition of Swachh Survekshan on 27 September 2021 in New Delhi.
- It is the world’s largest urban cleanliness survey conducted by Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban (SBM-U).
- It has been designed with ‘People First’ as its driving philosophy.
- It ranks cities on cleanliness parameters in 73 cities.
Lt Gen Gurbirpal Singh takes over as DG NCC
- Lieutenant General Gurbirpal Singh took over as the 34th Director General of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) on September 27, 2021.
- He was commissioned into The Parachute Regiment in 1987.
- He has commanded a Special Forces Battalion in the intense counter-terrorism environment of the valley sector in Kashmir and also in the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon.
Finance Ministry sets up two committees
- The Finance Ministry has set up two committees of state finance ministers who would review current tax slabs and GST exempt items, identify potential evasion sources and suggest changes in IT systems.
- The committees are Group of Ministers (GoM) on rate rationalization and GoM on GST system reforms.
- GoM on rate rationalization will be 7-member panel headed by Karnataka CM Basavaraj Bommai.
ICRA revises up FY22 GDP growth forecast to 9%
- ICRA has revised its 2021-22 real GDP growth estimate for India to 9% from the earlier 8.5%.
- The agency has also revised up its GVA (gross value added) growth estimate for agriculture, forestry, and fishing to 3 percent each in the second and third quarters of 2021-22 from the earlier projection of a tepid 2 percent rise.
- It expects the second half of FY 2021-22 to have brighter prospects
RBI imposes a penalty on Jammu & Kashmir State Co-operative Bank
- The RBI has imposed a monetary penalty of ₹11 lakh on the Jammu & Kashmir State Co-operative Bank Limited, Srinagar for deficiencies in regulatory compliance.
- The action is based on deficiencies in regulatory compliance.
- The inspection was conducted by National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development.
Tamil Nadu-based MSME bags contract from Boeing
- For the first time, a Tamil Nadu-based MSME has clinched a deal with the largest aerospace firm Boeing.
- Aerospace Engineers Private Limited, located in Salem, won a long-term contract from Boeing to manufacture and supply critical aviation components and parts for the global aerospace company’s products.
- It will be setting up a new manufacturing plant in Hosur.
Indo-US Health Dialogue 2021 held on 27 September
- Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare Dr. Bharati Pravin Pawar addressed the inaugural session of the 4th Indo-US Health Dialogue on 27 Sep’21.
- The 2-day dialogue is being hosted by India.
- The US delegation for the dialogue is led by Loyce Pace, Director, Office of Global Affairs at U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Sripada Sriram sets Guinness World record for ‘fastest solo cycling’
- Indian Army Officer Lt Col Sripada Sriram has set a new Guinness World record for ‘Fastest Solo Cycling (Men)’ by covering 472 km from Leh to Manali in just over 34 hours.
- Sriram started from Ladakh at 4 am on 25 September 2021.
- Sriram crossed five major passes in tough weather conditions in just 34 hours and 54 minutes.
- The event was part of the ‘Swarnim Vijay Varsh’ celebrations.
Virat becomes 1st Indian batter to score 10,000 runs in T20 format
- Virat Kohli has become the first batter from the country to cross the 10,000 runs mark in the T20 format.
- He achieved this mark while batting for Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) in their Indian Premier League (IPL) encounter against Mumbai Indians (MI) at the Dubai International Stadium in Sept’21.
- Kohli is the fifth batter to make 10,000 T20 runs.
DIPAM shortlists Amarchand Mangaldas as legal advisor for LIC IPO
- Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas has been selected as a legal advisor for the initial public offering (IPO) of Life Insurance Corporation (LIC).
- The government aims to come out with the IPO and subsequent listing of LIC on the bourses in the January-March quarter of 2022.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs had in July’21 cleared the initial public offering proposal of LIC.
ISSF Junior World Championship begins on 27 September
- A first batch of 36 shooters reached the Peruvian capital Lima on 26 September 2021 for the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) Junior World Championship.
- It is being held from September 27-Oct 10, 2021.
- Manu Bhaker, Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar, Vijayveer Sidhu, Anish Bhanwala, Ganemat Sekhon, and Mehuli Ghosh are participating in the event.
Chief of the Naval Staff on a visit to Oman 27–29 September 2021
- Admiral Karambir Singh, Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS) is on a three-day official visit to Oman from 27-29 September 2021.
- The visit aims to consolidate bilateral defence relations with Oman.
- The CNS is scheduled to hold bilateral discussions with his counterpart Rear Admiral Saif bin Nasser bin Mohsen Al-Rahbi, Commander of Royal Navy of Oman (RNO) in Muscat.
International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons
- International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons is observed on September 26 every year.
- The aim of this day is to address one of humanity’s most difficult challenges: peace.
- The day was established as a follow-up to the UN General Assembly’s high-level conference on nuclear disarmament held on September 26, 2013, in New York.
Lewis Hamilton wins the Russian Grand Prix 2021
- Lewis Hamilton has become the first Formula One driver to win 100 races with victory in the Russian Grand Prix to retake the championship lead from Max Verstappen.
- It was Hamilton’s fifth win of the season and his first since the British Grand Prix in July 2021.
- Hamilton has now won the Russian Grand Prix on five of eight occasions.
Important Link :-
- Join Telegram Group: Click Here
- Latest Government Job Notification