Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 28th September 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 28th September 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
World Rabies Day: 28 September
- World Rabies Day is observed every year on 28 September.
- The day was started in 2007 to raise awareness about rabies.
- More than 59,000 people die from the disease around the world each year.
- Rabies is a fatal but preventable viral disease.
- It can spread to people and pets if they are bitten or scratched by a rabid animal.
- The theme for the year 2021 is: “Rabies: Facts, not Fear”.
Bhagat Singh’s 114th birth anniversary: 27 September
- Indian freedom fighter and revolutionary leader Bhagat Singh’s birth anniversary is observed and celebrated on 27 Sept.
- He was born in 1907 and the year 2021 marks his 114th birth anniversary.
- He gave his life for the country when he was just 23 yrs old.
- Slogan ‘Inquilab Zindabad’ was given by him.
NCW launches programme to train rural women in dairy farming
- The National Commission for Women has launched a country-wide training and capacity-building programme for women in dairy farming.
- It has been launched to empower rural women and make them financially independent.
- The first programme under the project was organized on ‘Value Added Dairy products’ for women self-help groups in Hisar, Haryana on 27 September 2021.
Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal launches ‘Dekho Mere Dilli’ mobile app
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on September 27, 2021, launched Delhi tourism’s mobile app ‘Dekho Mere Dilli’.
- It contains all the information about all the historic and famous places of Delhi.
- It also has the feature of booking tickets.
- This app will especially help international tourists who lack information.
MoU signed between Indian Navy and Royal Navy of Oman
- Rear Admiral Saif bin Nasser bin Mohsen Al-Rahbi, Commander of Royal Navy of Oman (CRNO) and Admiral Karambir Singh, Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS), Indian Navy signed an MoU on 27 Sept’21.
- It would facilitate information exchange on merchant shipping traffic.
- The MoU was signed at Maritime Security Center (MSC), Muscat during the ongoing visit of the CNS Karambir Singh to Oman.
PM to dedicate to the nation 35 crop varieties with special traits
- PM Narendra Modi will dedicate 35 crop varieties with special traits to the nation on 28th September 2021.
- The crop varieties with special traits have been developed by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) to address the twin challenges of climate change and malnutrition.
- On this occasion, the Prime Minister will distribute Green Campus Award to Agricultural Universities.
Debabrata Mukherjee elected Chairman of Audit Bureau of Circulations
- Debabrata Mukherjee has been elected as the Chairman of the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC) for the year 2021-2022.
- He is currently serving as Chief Marketing Officer at the United Breweries Group.
- He was awarded the “Beverage Marketer of the Year” award by the International Advertising Association (IAA).
- He was a part of the ABC Council of Management, since 2011.
Centre to extend foreign trade policy 2015-20 till March 2022
- The central government has decided to extend the existing foreign trade policy 2015-20 till March 2022.
- This was informed by Union Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal.
- A new FTP will be put into effect from the next financial year.
- The FTP provides guidelines for enhancing exports to push economic growth and create jobs.
- Exports during April-Sept, 2021, stood at over $185 billion.
CavinKare CMD CK Ranganathan appointed new AIMA President
- CK Ranganathan has been appointed President of All India Management Association (AIMA) for a period of one year till the National Management Convention is held in September 2022.
- He is the Chairman and MD CavinKare Pvt Ltd.
- He takes over from Harsh Pati Singhania, Vice Chairman and MD, JK Paper Ltd.
- AIMA is a statutory body for the regulation and licensing of management profession in India.
RBI imposes monetary penalty of ₹2 crore on RBL Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a ₹2 crore monetary penalty on RBL Bank Limited for breaching deposit, board composition norms.
- The bank had opened five savings deposit accounts in the name of a cooperative bank.
- It had also failed to comply with the provisions of section 10A(2)(b) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, relating to the composition of the Board of Directors.
CSIR’s 80th foundation day celebrated on 26 September 2021
- The 80th foundation day of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) was celebrated on 26 Sep’21.
- CSIR is known for its scientific and industrial contributions in various fields and has an effective network of 37 national laboratories across India.
- It is an autonomous body that has emerged as the largest research and development organisation in India.
NMDC and CSIR-IMMT Join Hands To Develop Indigenous Technology
- National Mineral Development Corporation R&D Centre and CSIR-IMMT (Institute of Minerals and Materials Technology) have signed an MoU.
- The focus will be the development of indigenous technology for making the Indian mineral industry self-reliant.
- The joint venture will utilize the vast knowledge of both for research in the area of beneficiation of coal, utilisation of mines waste, etc.
India claim two silver medals in Archery World Championships
- India archers won silver medals in Women’s Compound Team and Compound Mixed Team competitions at the World Archery Championships in South Dakota.
- In the Compound Mixed Team final, the Indian team of Jyothi and Abhishek Verma won a silver medal.
- In the Women’s Compound Team, the Indian team comprising Jyoti Surekha Vennam, Muskan Kirar and Priya Gurjar won a silver medal.
Pratham CEO Rukmini Banerji gets global education recognition
- Rukmini Banerji, CEO of India’s Pratham Education Foundation, has been awarded 2021 Yidan Prize for Education Development.
- It is a top global recognition in the field of education and she has been awarded for her work in improving learning outcomes in schools.
- Eric Hanushek, a professor at Stanford University, has been conferred with the 2021 Yidan Prize for Education Research.
Amazon brings Future Engineer initiative to India
- Amazon has announced the launch of its Future Engineer initiative in India.
- The program will enable access to computer science learning and career opportunities for students from underrepresented and underserved communities.
- In its first year, the program aims to deliver learning opportunities to more than 1 lakh students from 900 government and aided schools across seven Indian states.
MeitY Startup Hub partners with Dell Technologies
- MeitY Start-up Hub (MSH) has entered into a partnership with Dell International Services India Pvt. Ltd. (Dell Technologies).
- MSH is an initiative of the Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY), aimed at strengthening the deep-tech ecosystem across India.
- The collaboration shall help the start-ups by providing mentorship and training for their upskilling, access to pitching events.
US successfully flight tests Raytheon hypersonic weapon
- The United States has tested an air-breathing hypersonic weapon capable of speeds faster than five times the speed of sound.
- The free flight test of the Hypersonic Air-breathing Weapon Concept (HAWC) occurred in September 2021.
- Hypersonic weapons travel in the upper atmosphere at speeds of more than five times the speed of sound, or about 6,200 kilometers (3,853 miles) per hour.
NASA launches Landsat 9 satellite to monitor Earth’s landscape
- NASA successfully launched Landsat 9, a powerful satellite built to monitor the Earth’s land surface on 27 September 2021.
- Landsat 9, a joint NASA and US Geological Survey (USGS) mission, lifted off on a United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket from Vandenberg’s Space Launch Complex 3E, California.
- It will help make science-based decisions on key issues like water use, wildfire impacts, etc.
Govt dissolves Ordnance Factory Board, transfers employees and assets
- The Defence Ministry has dissolved the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) with effect from October 1, 2021.
- It has transferred its assets, employees and management to seven public sector undertaking (PSUs).
- The OFB is currently a Defence Ministry entity and supplies critical arms and ammunition to the three armed forces and the paramilitary.
International Day for Universal Access of Information: 28 September
- The International Day for Universal Access to Information is celebrated every year on 28 September.
- It aims to spread worldwide awareness regarding the need of expanding laws related to access to information and their implementation.
- The theme for 2021 International Day for Universal Access to Information is ‘The Right to Know – Building Back Better with Access to Information.’
Winners of Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize 2021 announced
- The names of 11 scientists, who received the country’s highest science award Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for science and technology 2021 were announced on 26 September 2021.
- The prize is given to Indian scientists below the age of 45 for outstanding research in seven fields—Biology, Chemistry, Environment Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Medicine, and Physics.
Nimaben Acharya becomes first woman Speaker of Gujarat Assembly
- Veteran legislator Nimaben Acharya was on 27 September 2021 unanimously elected the first woman Speaker of the Gujarat Assembly.
- A three-time BJP MLA and a two-time Congress MLA, Ms. Acharya is one of the seniormost MLAs in the State.
- BJP legislator Jetha Bharwad has been elected Deputy Speaker while Pankaj Desai has been appointed as the Chief Whip.
Private Universities (Second Amendment) Bill, 2021 passed in Gujarat
- In Gujarat, the Private Universities (Second Amendment) Bill, 2021 was passed in the State Assembly on 27 Sept 2021.
- The bill will stop grant-in-aid colleges from getting affiliated to private universities.
- The government decided to reconsider its earlier decision of allowing such affiliation after receiving several representations from various stakeholders against this move.
Govt’s Quarterly Employment Survey of AQEES released
- Labour and Employment Minister Bhupender Yadav on 27th September released the report of the first quarter of the Quarterly Employment Survey (QES) for April to June 2021.
- The survey of the All-India Quarterly Establishment-based Employment Survey (AQEES) was prepared by the Labour Bureau.
- The most impressive growth of 152 per cent has been recorded in the IT/BPO sector.
England’s Moeen Ali decides to retire from Test Cricket
- England all-rounder Moeen Ali has decided to retire from Test Cricket.
- Moeen Ali is currently playing in the Indian Premier League 2021 with the Chennai Super Kings.
- He has represented England in 64 Tests, scoring 2,914 runs at an average of 28.29.
- The batsman has five centuries and 14 half-centuries in the longest format.
Sania Mirza-Shuai Zhang win Ostrava Open women’s doubles title
- Sania Mirza won the doubles title at the Ostrava Open with her Chinese partner Shuai Zhang.
- They defeated the pair of Kaitlyn Christian and Erin Routliffe by 6-3, 6-2.
- The final was held at the ČEZ Aréna in Ostrava in the Czech Republic on 26 September 2021.
- This is the first title of this season for Sania Mirza and the 43rd title of her career.
Consultancy contract signed between India and Bangladesh
- A new direct rail line from Bogura to Sirajganj in Bangladesh will be developed under the government of India’s Line of Credit (LoC).
- An agreement between Bangladesh Railway and a joint venture company of India was signed on 27 September 2021 in Dhaka.
- The Bogura-Sirajgnaj Dual Gauge Link will provide a shorter route between the Western and Northern parts of Bangladesh.
17th Formation Day of National Disaster Management Authority
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated the 17th formation day of the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) on 28 Sept’21.
- The theme for 2021 is cascading effects of disaster events in the Himalayan region
- The NDMA is the apex body for disaster management in India.
- Setting up of the NDMA is mandated by the Disaster Management Act, 2005.
DRDO successfully flight tests Akash Prime missile
- A new version of the Akash Missile, Akash Prime was successfully flight tested on 27 September 2021 from Integrated Test Range at Chandipur in Odisha.
- The missile intercepted and destroyed an unmanned aerial target mimicking enemy aircrafts.
- Akash Prime is equipped with an indigenous active radio frequency seeker for improved accuracy.
Federal Bank partners with NPCI to launch a credit card with the lowest APR
- Federal Bank has partnered with the National Payments Council of India (NPCI) to launch a contactless credit card.
- The bank claimed that the card has the lowest Annual Percentage Rate (APR) in the industry starting at just 5.88% per annum.
- APR refers to the annual interest rate accrued on a credit card if the cardholder fails to pay the bill in full.
- The industry average is 20-35% APR.