Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 7th December 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 7th December 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
International Civil Aviation Day: 7 December
- The International Civil Aviation Day is celebrated on 7 December every year.
- It is observed to inform people regarding the importance of international civil aviation organizations.
- It was first observed in 1994.
- The theme for International Civil Aviation Day 2021 is “Advancing Innovation for Global Aviation Development.”
- The theme would be the same until the year 2023.
Armed Forces Flag Day: 7 December
- Armed Forces Flag Day is celebrated on December 7, every year in India.
- It has an objective to collect the funds from people for the betterment of the Armed Forces Staff by selling Indian flags, batches, stickers, and other items.
- A committee was set up on August 28, 1949, under the then Defence Minister of India.
- The committee decided to observe a Flag Day annually on December 7.
World Soil Day: 5 December
- World Soil Day is observed every year on December 5 to raise awareness of the importance of soil to the sustenance of life on earth.
- The day was chosen as December 5 to mark the birthday of Thailand’s king, HM King Bhumibol Adulyadej, who formally made this event happen.
- The theme for World Soil Day 2021 is “Halt soil salinization, enhance soil production”.
India, Russia sign record 28 agreements
- India and Russia on 6 December 2021 concluded 28 pacts.
- The two countries also extended their military-technical cooperation pact by another 10 years.
- A third pact signed was between the Reserve Bank of India and the Bank of Russia in the field of responding to cyber attacks.
- The two countries have a target of $30 billion in trade and $50 billion in investment by 2025.
MoHUA and UNDP sign MoU for strengthening waste management sector
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has signed an MoU with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India.
- It has been signed to strengthen the waste management sector in India under the overall ambit of Swachh Bharat Mission- Urban 2.0.
- It will be operational for a period of 5 years (2021-26).
- UNDP India will also be facilitating setting up of 75 Smart Swachhata Kendras.
Sanjiv Mehta gets appointed as FICCI President
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) has announced that Sanjiv Mehta will be appointed as its President on December 18, 2021.
- He is the Chairman and Managing Director of Hindustan Unilever Limited.
- Mr. Mehta, currently, the Senior Vice President of FICCI, will be succeeding Mr. Uday Shankar, the current President of FICCI.
World Health Organization launches Omicron variant study tracker
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has launched the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant assays and animal models study tracker.
- The tracker compiles high-level information, by organization, to facilitate matching up those who have materials for omicron related studies with those who need them.
- The WHO has recently also created a global clinical platform of patient-level anonymized clinical data.
Reserve Bank of India imposes curbs on Nagar Urban Co-op Bank
- The RBI has imposed several restrictions on Nagar Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, including a cap of ₹10,000 on withdrawals for customers in the wake of deterioration of its financial position.
- The restrictions, imposed through directions under the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, shall remain in force for a period of six months from the close of business on Dec 6, 2021.
Aramco, L&T in pact to develop manufacturing capabilities in S. Arabia
- The Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Aramco) in collaboration with Indian conglomerate Larsen & Toubro is developing manufacturing capabilities in Saudi Arabia.
- The companies have signed an MoU to establish the region’s first heavy wall pressure vessels facility at Saudi Arabia’s strategically located Jubail Industrial City.
- The MoU is in line with the Aramco Namaat program, launched in Sept’21.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates AIIMS in Gorakhpur
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Gorakhpur on 7 December 2021.
- The 300-bed AIIMS Gorakhpur costs Rs 1,011 crore.
- The capacity of the AIIMS hospital will be expanded to 750 in the coming days.
- With the inauguration, a 35-bed emergency ward will also come into service, which will provide quick treatment to critical patients.
Jyoti Prasad appointed Member (Law) of JERC for Goa and UTs
- Power Minister R K Singh on 6 Dec’21 administered the oath of office to Jyoti Prasad as Member (Law) of the Joint Electricity Regulatory Commission (JERC) for Goa and UTs.
- She retired as senior general manager from Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL) on June 30, 2021.
- The JERC for all UTs except Delhi was established by the govt under the provisions of the Electricity Act, 2003.
NASA picks up Indian-origin Anil Menon for a mission to Moon and Mars
- SpaceX flight surgeon Anil Menon is among the 10 latest trainee astronauts who will join the 2021 class of NASA as it plans for the first human missions to the moon in more than 50 years.
- He served NASA as the crew flight surgeon for various expeditions on the International Space Station (ISS).
- He will now report for duty in January 2022 at the Johnson Space Center in Texas.
Switzerland approves euthanasia device for ‘painless death’
- Switzerland has reportedly approved the use of a suicide pod called the Sarco capsule.
- It allows users to kill themselves relatively painlessly by inducing hypoxia and hypocapnia (the state of inadequate oxygen supply at the tissue level and reduced carbon dioxide in the blood leading to death).
- The euthanasia device allows its occupant to bring the oxygen level.
Central govt grant released to Meghalaya and Punjab under JJM
- With a focus to expedite the implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) in Meghalaya and Punjab, the central govt has released Rs169.60 cr and Rs 402.24 cr respectively to both states.
- There are 5.90 lakh rural households in Meghalaya, out of which 1.88 lakh households have tap water connections.
- Jal Jeevan Mission was launched on August 15, 2019.
NITI Aayog and CSE releases ‘Waste-wise Cities’ on 6 December 2021
- ‘Waste-wise Cities: Best practices in municipal solid waste management was released on 6th December by NITI Aayog and Centre for Science and Environment (CSE).
- It is a comprehensive knowledge repository of how Indian cities are managing their solid waste.
- The report documents best practices from 28 cities in 15 states of India.
ICICI Bank partners with Flipkart for digital overdraft facility
- ICICI Bank has partnered with Flipkart to offer an instant and completely digital overdraft facility of up to Rs 25 lakh.
- The partnership will help individual sellers registered on Flipkart to avail an OD from the bank instantly in a process that is entirely digital.
- Customers of any bank can avail of ODs from ICICI Bank if they are registered as sellers with Flipkart.
Pranjala clinches women’s singles title in ITF World Tour C’ships
- Pranjala Yadlapalli clinched the KSLTA ITF World Tour Championships women’s singles title beating Sowjanya Bhavisetti.
- The finals were held in Bengaluru on 5 December 2021.
- This was Pranjala’s fourth ITF title of her career.
- She had last won the ITF Lagos title three seasons ago.
- She was awarded the winner’s cheque of USD 2352 and 10 world ranking points.
Harsh Vardhan Shringla arrives in Dhaka on a two-day visit
- Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla arrived in Dhaka on 7 December 2021 on a two-day official visit.
- He will hold a meeting with Bangladesh Foreign Secretary Masud Bin Momen.
- The visit will help prepare for the state visit of President Ram Nath Kovind to Bangladesh from 15-17 Dec’21.
- India and Bangladesh are jointly commemorating 50 years of the establishment of their diplomatic ties.
Vevek Paul awarded ‘Asia’s Most creative Entrepreneur’ in Dubai
- Vevek Paul has been honoured at the 15th edition of Asia Africa Business & Social Forum 2021 (AABSF), in Dubai.
- He was awarded the title of ‘Asia’s Most creative Entrepreneur’ and ‘Asia’s Most Innovative platform for Short Films & Documentaries’.
- He is the founder of The Great Indian Film Festival (TGIFF) and CEO of the production house Cinemaddicts9.
Ittira Davis appointed MD, CEO of Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank has appointed Ittira Davis as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for a period of three years.
- He has been with Ujjivan since 2015 and was previously CEO of Ujjivan Financial Services.
- His appointment as Director (Executive) will be for a period co-terminus with his tenure as MD and CEO.
- He will replace Nitin Chugh, who resigned on 30 Sept’21.
HAL, BEL, IOF among top 100 global arms manufacturers in 2020
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), and Indian Ordnance Factories (IOF) are among the top 100 global arms-producing and military services companies in 2020.
- This was informed by Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
- The arms sales of HAL ranked 42nd, and BEL, ranked 66th, increased by 1.5 percent and 4.0 percent, respectively.