Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 29th September 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 29th September 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
World Heart Day: 29 September
- World Heart Day is celebrated on 29 September every year.
- As per the World Heart Federation, the day is important as cardiovascular disease remains the world’s number one killer, resulting in 18.6 million deaths a year.
- It was first founded in 1999 by the World Heart Federation (WHF) in collaboration with the World Health Organisation (WHO).
- The theme for 2021 is “Use Heart to Connect”.
Reserve Bank of India sets Rs 50,000 cr as WMA limit
- Rs 50,000 crore has been set as the ‘Ways and Means Advances’ (WMA) limit for the Central government during the H2FY22, by RBI.
- In financial terms, the WMA is a mechanism used by the RBI, under its credit policy, to provide advances to states banking with it, to tide over temporary mismatches in the cash flow of their receipts and payments.
- This is repayable in each case.
KKR to sell $300 million stakes in Max Healthcare
- American private equity major KKR is selling a 6.5% stake in Max Healthcare Institute Ltd, worth $300 million or Rs2,220 crore, in a block trade.
- KKR affiliate Kayak investments Holdings Pte Ltd is selling as much as 63.47 million shares or 6.57% of Max Healthcare at an indicative price range of Rs350-369.7 apiece.
- As of 30 June 2021, Kayak Investments held a 47.24% stake in Max Healthcare.
Piramal Group completes DHFL acquisition
- Piramal Group has completed the acquisition of housing finance firm Dewan Housing Finance Corporation (DHFL) and a total consideration of ₹34,250 crore has been paid for the same.
- As a part of the process, Piramal Capital and Housing Finance Ltd (PCHFL) will merge with DHFL.
- The company will offer services such as used cars and two-wheeler loans; education loans for online courses, etc.
Elon Musk overtakes Jeff Bezos to become world’s richest person again
- Tesla’s CEO Elon Musk, with a net worth of $213 billion overtook Amazon’s Jeff Bezos to become the world’s richest person again, according to Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
- Jeff Bezos has a net worth of $197 billion, followed by Bernard Arnault, the chairman of Louis Vuitton (LVMH) with a net worth of $160 billion.
- Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates take fourth and fifth place in the index.
International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste: 29 September
- On 29 September 2021, the International Day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste was observed for the second time.
- The UN General Assembly, on 19 December 2019, designated 29 September as this day through a resolution.
- Globally, around 14 per cent of food produced is lost between harvest and retail.
- 11% of global food produced is wasted in households.
India beats Germany, UK and Turkey to bag IAEA external auditor job
- India has been elected as the external auditor to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), for a period of six years from 2022 to 2027.
- IAEA is a prestigious institution that promotes peaceful use of nuclear energy.
- It beat Germany, UK, Turkey among other countries to bag the role.
- India’s comptroller and auditor general GC Murmu was selected as the external auditor of IAEA.
Assam’s Judima rice wine is the northeast’s 1st traditional brew to get GI
- Judima, a homemade rice wine of Assam’s Dimasa tribe has become the first traditional brew in all of the northeast to bag a geographical indication (GI) tag.
- Made from sticky rice, which is steamed and mixed with traditional herbs, the wine has a distinct sweet taste and takes around one week to prepare.
- A GI tag is awarded to products associated with a specific geographical origin.
India buys 4 Israeli Herons to upgrade them with missiles later
- India has finalized the deal to buy four new Heron TP drones from Israel.
- These would initially be used in surveillance and reconnaissance missions, but will eventually be upgraded and armed with missiles for precision strikes under Project Cheetah when it kicks off.
- Some of the upgraded Heron TP drones will have a loitering time of nearly 24 hours and a communication range of 1,000 km.
Greece signs defence deal with France to buy 3 warships
- France and Greece on 28 September 2021 announced a multibillion-euro defence deal, including Athens’ decision to buy three French warships.
- The deal was signed between President Emmanuel Macron and Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis.
- The deal is a part of a Greece strategy to boost its defence capacities in the Eastern Mediterranean amid recurring tensions with longtime foe Turkey.
Gujarat’s debt stands around 19% of GSDP: CAG report
- The Gujarat State Finance Audit Report of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) has shown that the outstanding debt of the state was around 19 per cent of Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) for the year 2019-20.
- The debt was well within the limit of 25.76 per cent recommended by the 14th Finance Commission.
- The report was tabled in the Gujarat assembly on 28 September 2021.
Reliance Foundation announces WomenConnect Challenge India grantees
- Reliance Foundation along with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) has announced a list of organizations selected for WomenConnect Challenge India grantees.
- 10 organisations were selected with grants between INR 75 lakhs to 1 crore each ($100,000 – $135,000), for over a period of 12 to 15 months.
- The WomenConnect Challenge India was launched in August 2020.
European Union adopts 5 billion-euro Brexit reserve to help businesses
- The European Council on 28 September 2021 adopted a 5 billion euro ($5.8 billion) reserve aimed at helping businesses tackle the short-term effects of Brexit.
- The reserve would cover extra costs and compensate the losses from the UK’s withdrawal from the 27-nation trade bloc.
- The European Council represents the national government of every European Union member nation.
AIIMS-B receives ICMR funding for first brain bank of Eastern India
- The AIIMS-Bhubaneswar has received Rs 47 lakh funding from the ICMR (Indian Council of Medical Research) to establish a satellite brain bio-bank.
- The brain bank will be “one of its kind in the eastern zone of India” and would bolster neuroscience research in the region.
- A brain bank is a repository of brain samples of deceased persons, which finds use in research work.
S&D group nominates 11 Afghan women for human rights award
- The Socialists and Democrats Group (S&D) has nominated eleven Afghan women for the 2021 Sakharov Prize in the European Parliament.
- The nominated women are activists, journalists, and teachers who have been fighting for the full enjoyment of women’s rights in Afghanistan.
- The Sakharov Prize for ‘Freedom of Thought’ is the highest tribute paid by the European Union to human rights work.
Dinesh Shahra was awarded Globoil Lifetime Achievement Award 2021
- Dinesh Shahra has received Globoil India Lifetime Achievement Award 2021 for his exemplary contribution to the Edible Oil Industry.
- Shahra has played a pivotal role in transforming Madhya Pradesh into the “soy bowl of India”.
- Globoil Awards are presented to persons from the edible oil industry who have fuelled India’s journey to the forefront of the Global Edible Oil economy.
Bajra to be included under Haryana’s Bhavantar Bharpayee Yojana
- The Haryana government has decided to include Bajra from Kharif season 2021 under the ‘Bhavantar Bharpayee Yojana’.
- Under the scheme, farmers get compensation for selling their crops at a price lower than that fixed by the government.
- To avail of the benefits of the ”Bhavantar Bharpayee Yojana”, the state’s farmers have to register themselves on the ”Meri Fasal Mera Byora (MFMB)” portal.
Jitendra Singh launches Amrit Grand Challenge Program titled “जनCARE”
- The “AmritGrand Challenge Program” titled “जनCARE” was launched on 28 September 2021.
- It has been launched to identify 75 startup innovations in telemedicine, digital health, AI, blockchain, and other technologies.
- It was launched by the Union Minister of State Science and Technology Dr Jitendra Singh at the 10th Biotech Innovators Meet of Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council.
National Action Plan for Dog Mediated Rabies Elimination by 2030
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Mansukh Mandaviya launched the National Action Plan for Dog Mediated Rabies Elimination by 2030 (NAPRE) on 28 Sep 2021.
- A “Joint Inter-Ministerial Declaration Support Statement” for the elimination of dog mediated rabies from India by 2030 through One Health Approach, was also launched.
- 33% of global rabies deaths are recorded in India.
Sikkim Global Film Festival to be held from December 10-14, 2021
- The 2nd Sikkim Global Film Festival will be held from December 10-14, 2021.
- It will take place at the Eco-Heritage Film Village site at Yangang, South Sikkim, and Tsogmo Lake.
- To encourage the filmmakers to make films in the state, the Sikkim government would provide a subsidy of Rs 20 lakhs in cash and kind to the local filmmakers and a subsidy of Rs 1 crore to the national filmmakers.
195th Gunners Day: 28 September 2021
- All the Artillery units and formations of the Southern Command of the Indian Army celebrated 195th Gunners Day on 28 September 2021.
- The date is related to the raising of the Royal Indian Artillery as a part of the Bombay Presidency which occurred on 28 Sept 1827.
- The organization was named 5 Bombay Battery.
- They participated in the first Anglo-Afghan war which took place from 1839 to 1842.
American Airlines and IndiGo sign codeshare agreement
- American Airlines has signed a codeshare agreement with IndiGo.
- It will place the US-based airline’s code on 29 domestic routes of the Indigo.
- A codeshare agreement is a business arrangement between two or more airlines, which allows an airline to book its passengers on its partner carriers and provide seamless travel to destinations where it has no presence.
TCS bags five-year contract from German bank NORD/LB
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd has bagged a five-year IT transformation contract from NORD/LB (Norddeutsche Landesbank Girozentrale).
- NORD/LB is a leading German commercial bank that is targeting a new business model by 2024 with a more agile operating model.
- As part of the partnership, TCS will work with the bank to simplify and transform its application estate across multiple businesses.
S&P retains India’s 9.5% growth forecast for FY22
- S&P Global Ratings has maintained its FY22 growth forecast for India at 9.5% and has cut estimates for China by 30 basis points to 8% for 2021, citing rising risks.
- It also informed that inflation remains relatively high, and public debt worries persist.
- S&P Global Ratings has also projected Asia-Pacific growth at 6.7% for 2021, down from its previous forecast of 7.5%.
A new book “The Battle Of Rezang La” written by Kulpreet Yadav
- Ex-naval officer and author Kulpreet Yadav has come with his new book titled “The Battle Of Rezang La”.
- It tells the story of 120 Indian soldiers who put up a valiant fight against the 5,000-strong Chinese military troops in the 1962 Indo-China war, preventing a possible occupation of the entire Ladakh region.
- The Charlie Company of the 13 Kumaon Battalion fought a Chinese attack.
SEBI board approves framework for gold exchange
- The Securities Exchange Board of India has approved the framework for gold exchange under the SEBI (Vault Managers) Regulations, 2021.
- Gold will be traded in the form of electronic gold receipts and will help in having a transparent domestic spot price discovery mechanism.
- SEBI also approved the creation of the Social Stock Exchange at the board meeting.
ICICI Bank partners with Amazon India
- ICICI Bank has collaborated with Amazon India to provide independent sellers and small businesses enrolled on Amazon’s online marketplace an overdraft (OD) facility of up to Rs 25 lakh.
- The partnership will allow Amazon marketplace sellers to secure an OD from the bank digitally.
- Customers of other banks can also use the bank’s OD service if they are registered as sellers on Amazon India.
Scientists develop 3D printed microneedle vaccine patch
- Scientists have developed a three-dimensional (3D) printed vaccine patch.
- It provides greater protection than a typical immunisation shot.
- The team at Stanford University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC) in the US applied the vaccine patch directly to the skin of animals.
- The resulting immune response from the patch was 10 times greater than a vaccine.
North Korea tests newly developed hypersonic missile
- North Korea tested a newly developed hypersonic missile on 29 September 2021.
- North Korea fired a missile towards the sea off its east coast
- The missile, called Hwasong-8, performed to its technical targets.
- The Hwasong series missiles use liquid propellant engines.
- This was the first test of a liquid propellant missile in North Korea since November 2017.
Assam government to acquire Hindustan Paper assets
- The Assam government will acquire the assets of the two closed mills of Hindustan Paper Corporation Ltd, and provide a relief package of ₹570 crores to its employees.
- An agreement has also been signed in this regard.
- As per the agreement, the Assam government will approach the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) through the official liquidator for taking over all the assets of the mills.
NABARD approves credit plan for yak husbandry
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has approved a credit plan for yak husbandry in Arunachal Pradesh.
- It will help herders secure loans for the purpose and strengthen their livelihoods.
- The scheme was developed by the National Research Centre on Yak (NRCY) at Dirang in West Kameng district.
- The NRCY comes under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
Ex-Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida to become next Japan PM
- Japan’s former Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida won the ruling Liberal Democratic Party’s presidential election on 29 September 2021.
- He will be the next Prime Minister of Japan.
- Fumio Kishida is a Japanese politician who served as Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan from 2012 to 2017.
The fintech adoption rate in India is 87 percent
- Fintech adoption rate in India is 87 percent whereas the global average is only 64 percent.
- This was informed by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman in her remarks at Global Fintech Fest 2021.
- It was organised by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI), Fintech Convergence Council (FCC), Payments Council of India (PCI), and National Payments Corporation of India in Sept 2021.
The US wins the Ryder Cup, defeats Europe
- The United States reclaimed the Ryder Cup in September 2021, defeating Europe 19-9.
- It’s the first time since 1979 and 1983 that Team USA won back-to-back home Ryder Cups after winning in 2016 at Hazeltine.
- The Americans lost in 2018 in France and seven of the last 10 Ryder Cups against Europe.
IIT Delhi launches platform for researchers from across India
- Researchers from across the country will now be able to access facilities available at IIT Delhi’s state-of-the-art Central Research Facility (CRF).
- The institute has developed a platform for this purpose.
- Rs 500 cr have been either spent or committed by IIT Delhi to establish various high-end facilities at the CRF.
- Anyone can book an instrument online for research work.