Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 11th December 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 11th December 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
75th UNICEF Day: 11 December 2021
- 75th UNICEF Day is being celebrated on December 11, 2021.
- The day marks the establishment of the United Nations Children’s Fund.
- UNICEF works for the development of children across the globe, regardless of their region, race, and culture.
- It was established by the United Nations General Agency in 1946.
- Its headquarters are in USA’s New York City.
International Mountain Day: 11 December
- International Mountain Day is celebrated annually on 11 December.
- It is celebrated to create awareness about the importance of mountains.
- The UN General Assembly declared 2002 the UN International Year of Mountains, and on this occasion, it designated 11 December, from 2003 onwards, as International Mountain Day.
- The theme for 2021 is sustainable mountain tourism.
@Top Current Affairs 11th December 2021
#Top Current Affairs 11th December 2021
NITI Aayog and Bharti Foundation launch ‘Convoke 2021-22’
- NITI Aayog in partnership with Bharti Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Bharti Enterprises, has launched Convoke 2021-22.
- Convoke is a national research symposium that aims at addressing challenges in imparting education and strengthening its quality.
- School teachers/ Heads/Principals of Government Schools will be encouraged to use research-based solutions through a scientific approach.
NCW launches online resource centre on cyber safety
- National Commission for Women (NCW) has launched an online resource centre.
- It was inaugurated by the Governor of Jharkhand Ramesh Bais.
- It will offer help for women in distress on issues pertaining to online safety such as cyberbullying, cyberstalking, financial frauds, etc under the ‘We Think Digital’programme, run collaboratively by the Commission, Facebook, and Cyber Peace Foundation.
Ramanujan Prize for Young Mathematicians 2021 awarded to Neena Gupta
- Professor Neena Gupta, a mathematician at the Indian Statistical Institute in Kolkata, has been awarded the 2021 DST-ICTP-IMU Ramanujan Prize for Young Mathematicians from developing countries.
- She has been awarded for her outstanding work in affine algebraic geometry and commutative algebra.
- Professor Gupta is the third woman to receive the Ramanujan Prize.
MoD signs MoU with IITE Gandhinagar to train Sainik School teachers
- The Ministry of Defence (MoD) has entered into an MoU with the Indian Institute of Teacher Education (IITE) Gandhinagar.
- It will facilitate training for teachers of Sainik Schools.
- The MoU is for the period of five years commencing with effect from January 2022 under which 800 plus teachers will be trained through courses named ‘Gurudiksha’ and ‘Pratibaddhta’.
NITI Aayog releases two reports on emergency and injury care in India
- Niti Aayog released two reports on comprehensive country-level assessment of emergency and injury care at secondary, tertiary level centres and district hospitals in India.
- The two reports released were titled ‘Reports on current status on Country level – secondary and tertiary level and district level emergency’ and ‘Injury Care in India’.
Srinivas Udgata, Divya Dutta receives Kalinga Literary Awards 2021
- Padmashree Srinivas Udgata was awarded Kalinga Literary Award and Arun Kamal was awarded the Kalinga Literary International award.
- Divya Dutta was awarded Kalinga Literary (Woman Writer) Award.
- The eighth edition of the Kalinga Literary Festival (KLF) was inaugurated by Odisha Tourism Minister, Jyoti Prakash Panigrahi in Bhubaneswar on 10 Dec 2021.
Kotak Mahindra General Insurance partners with Vasai Vikas Bank
- Kotak Mahindra General Insurance Company Ltd and Vasai Vikas Sahakari Bank Ltd have announced a strategic alliance.
- Under this agreement, Vasai Bank will offer Kotak General Insurance’s comprehensive suite of general and health insurance products to its customers across its network of 21 branches.
- Kotak General Insurance is a 100% subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.
Gautam Raghavan has been elevated to Head of the WH personnel office
- Gautam Raghavan has been elevated as the head of the White House office of presidential personnel.
- He replaces Catherine Russell who has been appointed as the Executive Director of UNICEF.
- He has served as Deputy Assistant to the President and deputy director of the White House office of Presidential Personnel.
Tripura government gives nod to set up Buddhist university
- The Tripura government has given its approval for setting up a Buddhist university in Manu Bankul in Sabroom.
- The state government has given a Letter of Intent to Bahujana Hitaya Education Trust for setting up the university.
- Students from 31 countries will get a chance to study as well as research Buddhist literature, culture and tradition in the proposed varsity.
Karnataka govt joins hands with UNDP to employment opportunities
- The Karnataka Dept of Youth Empowerment and Sports has signed a Letter of Understanding with UNDP (UN Development Programme).
- This is a part of the state-level initiative ‘Code-Unnati’ with the aim of improving access to employment opportunities among the youth and women.
- The initiative will be implemented in 4 districts of Bengaluru Rural, Ramanagara, Dakshina Kannada, and Raichur.
Mahakavi Subramanian Bharati’s birth anniversary: 11 December
- 11 December is marked as the birth anniversary of Mahakavi Subramanian Bharati.
- He was a poet, social reformer, and freedom fighter from Tamil Nadu.
- He was known as Mahakavi Bharathiyar.
- His participation and activities in the Benaras Session (1905) and Surat Session (1907) of the INC impressed many national leaders for his patriotic fervor.
Divyansh Panwar wins both senior and junior air rifle National titles
- Divyansh Singh Panwar won two consecutive titles in the Men’s 10m Air Rifle National Championship
- After topping the qualification with 630.3 points, Divyansh beat Rudrankksh Patil by 0.7 points to clinch the gold medal.
- Divyansh also won the junior gold after beating Rudrankksh after he shot 252.2 in the junior final.
Jeremy Lalrinnunga wins gold medal at Commonwealth Championships
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga won the gold medal in the men’s 67kg category at the Commonwealth Championships, in Tashkent on 10 Dec’21.
- He also created a national record in the snatch event.
- The Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships also serve as a qualifying event for the 2022 Commonwealth games in Birmingham.
PM Modi inaugurates Saryu Canal National project in UP’s Balrampur
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Saryu Canal National Project in the Balrampur district of Uttar Pradesh on 11 December 2021.
- This project will solve irrigation-related problems in Eastern Uttar Pradesh and will be a boon to the farmers.
- The project involves the interlinking of five rivers – Ghaghara, Saryu, Rapti, Banganga, and Rohini.
DRDO successfully tests Pinaka Extended Range, indigenous fuzes
- DRDO successful tests of Pinaka Extended Range (Pinaka-ER), Area Denial Munitions (ADM), and indigenously developed fuzes have been carried out at various test ranges.
- Pinaka-ER Multi Barrel Rocket System launcher is the upgraded version of the earlier version of Pinaka
- Pinaka MK-I rocket system has a range of around 40 km, the Pinaka II variant can hit targets at a distance of 60 km.
Catherine Russell appointed new Executive Director of UNICEF
- The United Nations has appointed Catherine Russell as the next Executive Director of the UN children’s agency UNICEF.
- She will succeed Henrietta Fore.
- Russell, currently Director of the White House Presidential Personnel Office and assistant to the president, is the eighth American to head UNICEF.
- Since its establishment in 1946, UNICEF’s executive directors have been American.
Apollo TeleHealth becomes first to get ISO 13131:2021 certification
- Apollo TeleHealth, a multi-speciality telemedicine network, has become the first-ever organization in the world to attain the certification of ISO 13131:2021 presented by the British Standards Institution (BSI).
- Achieving the certification showcases a provider’s capability of managing quality, safety, and patient data security effectively in this new age of telehealth service provisions.
Manipur wins Senior Women’s National Football Championship
- Manipur won the Senior Women’s National Football Championship after defeating Railways in the final at the EMS Stadium in Kozhikode on 9 December 2021.
- The match went to penalties with the scores at 0-0.
- The Best goalkeeper was awarded to Okram Roshini Devi (Manipur).
- The top goalscorer was Sandhiya Ranganathan (Tamil Nadu).
- The most valuable player was Irom Prameshwori Devi (Manipur).
@Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-
- Join Telegram Group: Click Here
- Latest Government Job Notification