Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 25th September 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 25th September 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
World Pharmacist Day: 25 September
- World Pharmacist Day is celebrated every year on September 25 to celebrate and recognize the important role pharmacists play.
- The theme for the year 2021 is “Pharmacy: Always Trusted For Your Health”.
- International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) established World Pharmacist Day in 2009.
- FIP is the global federation of national associations of pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists.
Antyodaya Diwas: 25 September
- India celebrates Antyodaya Diwas every year on 25th September.
- The day is the celebration of the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya.
- He was the nationalist leader who stood for the cause of the poor and downtrodden.
- He was the leader of the political party Bharatiya Jana Sangh, the forerunner of Bharatiya Janata Party.
HPCL partners with ICICI Bank for fuel payments
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) is partnering with ICICI Bank.
- The partnership will allow customers to use their ICICI Bank FASTag to pay for fuel and lubricants at HPCL retail outlets.
- HPCL is the first oil marketing company to enable FASTag for fuel purchases by retail as well as commercial customers at its 19,000 outlets pan-India.
State Soil Testing Laboratory launched in Kohima
- Union Minister of State for Tourism G. Kishan Reddy inaugurated the State Soil Testing Laboratory at the Directorate of Social and Water Conservation in Kohima, Nagaland, on 24 Sept’21.
- The project cost is 371.70 lakh rupees with North East Council’s share of 90 percent and 10 percent state share.
- It will help boost agriculture by enabling systematic collection of soil samples and analysis.
IIT Bombay among top 22 % in 2022 QS Graduate Employability Rankings
- IIT Bombay stands among the top 22 percent in the 2022 QS Graduate Employability Rankings.
- In last one year, IIT Bombay has moved up in the range from 111-120 to 101-110 rankings in QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022.
- On the employer reputation indicator, with a score of 73.9, it ranked at 70th place globally.
- The ranking was released on September 23, 2021.
Finance Ministry approves projects worth over Rs 2,903 cr in 8 states
- Finance Ministry has approved capital expenditure projects worth over 2,903 crore rupees in eight states.
- The capital will be provided to states under the scheme Special Assistance to States for Capital Expenditure for 2021-22 to give timely stimulus to economic recovery.
- Under the scheme, special assistance is being provided to the state govts in the form of a 50-year interest-free loan.
India’s first Atal Community Innovation Center launched
- India’s first Atal Community Innovation Center was inaugurated at Vivekananda Global University, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Government has setup the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) at NITI Aayog.
- ACIC aims to support and nurture innovative ideas that can take the shape of big ideas and help transform society for a better tomorrow.
Quad pledge to donate 120 crore Covid-19 vaccine doses globally
- The Quad countries have pledged to donate more than 120 crore anti-Covid doses globally, in addition to the vaccines financed through Covax,
- The countries have also decided to jointly conduct at least one pandemic preparedness tabletop or exercise in 2022.
- The quad countries include United States, India, Japan, and Australia.
Governor honours Kapil Pathare with Business Excellence Award
- Kapil Pathare has been presented with the “Business Excellence and National Achievers Award” by the Governor of Maharashtra, Bhagat Singh Koshyari.
- This award was given in recognition for his excellent contribution to the industry and ultimately the Indian Economy.
- The event was hosted by Global India Business Forum and held at Raj Bhavan in Mumbai on 23rd September 2021.
INTAS becomes India’s first pharma company to launch oral Azacitidine
- Intas Pharmaceuticals has become the first pharmaceutical company to launch Oral Azacitidine in India under the brand name Azadine-O.
- Oral Azacitidine is approved for use in maintenance therapy for adult patients with Acute Myeloid Leukaemia(AML).
- AML is a type of blood cancer that starts from young white blood cells called granulocytes or monocytes in the bone marrow.
China’s top regulators ban crypto trading and mining
- China’s most powerful regulators on 24 September 2021 intensified the country’s crackdown on cryptocurrency with a blanket ban on all crypto transactions and crypto mining.
- The People’s Bank of China (PBOC) has barred financial institutions, payment companies, and internet firms from facilitating cryptocurrency trading nationally.
AISPL, MeitY Startup Hub collaborate to support the growth of start-ups
- Amazon Internet Services Pvt Ltd (AISPL) has inked an agreement with MeitY Startup Hub to promote technology innovation and the sustainable growth of start-ups in India.
- The new collaboration would work together to identify start-ups with deep technology capabilities and empower them to build impactful solutions to address the biggest problems facing society in India.
Scientists develop sensors to detect chemicals in high-energy explosive
- Indian scientists have for the first time developed a thermally stable and cost-effective electronic polymer-based sensor for rapidly detecting nitro-aromatic chemicals used in high-energy explosives.
- A team of scientists from the Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology, Guwahati, has developed a layer-by-layer(LBL) polymer detector consisting of two organic polymers.
India inks pact for joint development of small satellite for Bhutan
- India on 24 September 2021 signed the implementing arrangement on the joint development of a small satellite for Bhutan.
- The agreement was inked by the Indian Space Research Organisation’s Scientific Secretary R Umamaheswaran, and Director, Department of Information Technology and Telecom, Bhutan.
Amit Shah to address the first national cooperative conference in Delhi
- Union Home Minister and Minister for Cooperation Amit Shah would address India’s first cooperative conference under Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of “Sahkar se Samriddhi”.
- He will address the conference at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in New Delhi on 25 Sept 2021.
- The conference is being organised by the country’s leading cooperative organisation IFFCO, AMUL, NAFED etc.
DFC and USAID launches USD $55 million loan financing program
- Three rural-focused domestic Non-Banking Financial Company(NBFCs) have received USD 55 million from US International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) and The United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- The program aims to help address the economic impact of the pandemic on farmer producer organizations and agri-tech companies.
Gordon Brown appointed WHO ambassador for Global Health Financing
- The World Health Organization has announced the appointment of Gordon Brown, former Prime Minister of the UK, as WHO Ambassador for Global Health Financing.
- He is widely credited with preventing a second Great Depression through his stewardship of the 2009 London G20 summit.
- Brown served as Chancellor of the Exchequer in the Tony Blair government from 1997 to 2007.
MoU signed between ZSI and the Natural History Museum of UK
- The Zoological Survey of India (ZSI), Kolkata and the Natural History Museum (NHM), London signed an MoU on 24 September 2021.
- Through this MoU, both the institutions will implement the 1973 Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Fauna (“CITES”) and the 1992 Convention on Biological Diversity (“CBD”).
- ZSI was founded in 1916 and is headquartered in Kolkata.
CCI penalises United Breweries, Carlsberg for alleged cartelisation
- Competition Commission of India has imposed ₹750 cr penalty on United Breweries Ltd. and ₹120 cr on Carlsberg India Pvt. Ltd. for alleged cartelization.
- It found these two companies and SABMiller India Ltd. to have engaged in price co-ordination, supply restrictions and market sharing in different states in breach of law.
- It has given benefit of 40% reduction in penalty to United Breweries.
RBI revamps loan transfer and securitisation rules
- The RBI has revamped loan transfer and securitization rules.
- They will boost liquidity in the system further and improve transparency and corporate governance.
- RBI allowed lenders to transfer their loan exposures classified as fraud to asset reconstruction companies.
- It has also allowed lenders to securitise single loans and loans with bullet payments allowing more flexibility to them.
Lunar crater named after Arctic explorer Matthew Henson
- The International Astronomical Union has named a crater at the Moon’s south pole after the Arctic explorer Matthew Henson.
- He was an African American explorer who co-discovered the North Pole in 1909 with Robert Peary.
- Located between Sverdrup and de Gerlache craters at the south pole of the Moon, Henson Crater is in the same region the Artemis program aims to land the lunar explorers.
KVIC sets up Odisha’s first silk yarn production centre
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has set up Odisha’s first-ever tussar silk yarn production centre at Choudwar in the Cuttack district.
- The centre will ensure local availability of tussar silk yarn, create local employment and reduce production costs.
- Tussar silk is one of the finest varieties of silk.
- Silk comprises nearly 75% of the total khadi fabric production in Odisha.
Speedtest 2021 Global Index launched by Ookla
- Ookla, which runs the internet speed measurement tool Speedtest has launched its Speedtest 2021 Global Index.
- According to it, the mobile download speed jumped 59.5 per cent over 2020 globally.
- United Arab Emirates continued to lead the top ten countries in terms of mobile internet speeds during July 2021.
- Meanwhile, India stood at 122nd rank, with 17.77 Mbps mobile download speed.
Dearness allowance for Uttarakhand govt employees hiked to 11%
- The Uttarakhand government has decided to increase the Dearness Allowance (DA) to 11%.
- This will cost the state ₹1800 crore annually.
- Also, Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has announced ₹10,000 for Ayurvedic and Homeopathic doctors working in the first and second wave of Covid.
- ₹3000 incentive was announced for Group ‘C’ and Group ‘D’ personnel of Ayurvedic and Homeopathy.
India slips two spots to 59th on the Digital Quality of Life index
- India ranks 33rd on e-government and 47th on internet affordability, according to a global index on digital quality of life in 110 countries.
- The Digital Quality of Life Index 2021 was launched by the cybersecurity company Surfshark based in British Virgin Islands.
- Denmark topped the index for the second year in a row, followed by South Korea and Finland.
Guatemala’s Fuego volcano erupts
- Guatemala’s Fuego volcano began a strong eruptive phase on 23 September 2021.
- Fuego, 3.7 kilometers high, is one of three active volcanoes in Guatemala.
- The recently recorded activity is the strongest since June 2018, when Fuego unleashed a torrent of mud and ash that wiped the village of San Miguel Los Lotes from the map.
Manthan co-founder Ajay Gandhi passes away
- The co-founder of one of India’s thought-provoking discourse platforms, Manthan Ajay Gandhi, passed away in September 2021.
- Manthan Foundation is not-for-profit and was founded in 2005 by Ajay Gandhi and M R Vikram.
- Ajay Gandhi also managed a software company called Wings Infonet Private Limited.
- He is well-known for his role as the Director of the Hyderabad Literary Festival.
Iqbal Preet Singh Sahota gets additional charge of Punjab DGP
- Iqbal Preet Singh Sahota has been given the additional charge of Punjab Director General of Police.
- He is a 1988-batch Indian Police Service officer.
- Sahota, who was posted as special DGP Punjab Armed Police in Jalandhar, was given the additional charge after incumbent Dinkar Gupta decided to proceed on one-month leave as the state government cannot itself appoint the DGP.
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) partners with ICRISAT
- The United Nations World Food Programme has joined hands with the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT).
- The partnership is for programmes and research to improve food, nutrition security, and livelihoods in India.
- An MoU has been signed in this regard.
- Both will work jointly to promote research and awareness-raising on traditional nutritious crops.
ARAI signs MoU with Bharat Electronics Limited
- The Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) has indigenously developed chargers for electric vehicles.
- ARAI has signed MoU with Bharat Electronics Limited where it will provide the knowhow of the charges and Bharat Electronics will manufacture the chargers.
- The cost of the charger is expected to be in the range of ₹50,000-60,000.
Anurag Thakur addresses Summit for Information and Democracy
- Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Anurag Thakur addressed the Summit for Information and Democracy on 24 September 2021.
- The summit held on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly, was organized at the Consulate General of France, New York.
- The International Partnership for Information and Democracy was launched in New York on 26 September 2019.
The oldest human footprints in North America were found in New Mexico
- Fossilized footprints have been discovered in New Mexico.
- They indicate that early humans were walking across North America around 23,000 years ago.
- The first footprints were found in a dry lake bed in White Sands National Park in 2009.
- Scientists at the U.S. Geological Survey analyzed seeds stuck in the footprints to determine their approximate age.
Adani Enterprises incorporates wholly-owned arm Adani Digital Labs Pvt
- Adani Enterprises has announced the incorporation of wholly-owned arm ‘Adani Digital Labs Pvt Ltd’ (ADLPL).
- ADLPL is yet to commence its business operations.
- ADLPL is incorporated to transform consumer businesses into digital-first segments by creating an omnichannel, integrated platform enabling the customers to interact with all business-to-consumer businesses of Adani Group.
OP Jindal Global University announces Soli J Sorabjee endowment award
- OP Jindal Global University has established the Soli J Sorabjee endowment award and scholarship.
- This award and scholarship will be awarded annually to a deserving student in the field of human rights law and theory.
- The award will be announced on March 9 every year, coinciding with the birth anniversary of Sorabjee.
- The award shall carry a scholarship, along with an award medal.
VS Pathania appointed as Coast Guard Additional Director General
- The Defence Ministry has appointed Virender Singh Pathania as the Additional Director General of the Indian Coast Guard headquarters in Delhi.
- He will take charge on September 30, 2021.
- The post had been lying vacant for months after the previous officer took premature retirement months before his superannuation.
- Pathania was till now the in-charge of the force’s Eastern Seaboard in Vizag.
Cyclone Gulab forms in the Bay of Bengal
- The low-pressure area which had formed in the Bay of Bengal has intensified into Cyclone Gulab.
- The cyclonic storm is almost about 500 km southeast of Gopalpur.
- This will be the third cyclone of 2021 after Tauktae and Yaas.
- Tauktae had formed in the Arabian Sea between 14-19 May 2021, while Yaas had formed in the Bay of Bengal between 23-28 May 2021.
Ratan Chakraborty: New Speaker of Tripura Legislative Assembly
- In Tripura, Member of Tripura Legislative Assembly, Ratan Chakraborty has been elected as the new Speaker of the Tripura Legislative Assembly.
- Former speaker of the State Assembly Rebati Mohan Das resigned from the post citing personal reasons.
- Ratan is an MLA from the Khayerpur constituency in West Tripura.
- He is a former minister in the Congress-led government (1988-1993).
High power transmitters at the world’s highest radio station inaugurated
- Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur inaugurated high power transmitters at the world’s highest radio station at Humbatingla in Kargil, on 25 Sept’21.
- The 10kW transmitters of All India Radio FM radio station and Doordarshan are at an altitude of 13,300 feet.
- They will improve the transmission and the reach in the region, especially in Kargil and Batalik sectors.
Ministry of Civil Aviation releases airspace map for drone operations
- Ministry of Civil Aviation released India’s airspace map for drone operations on 24 September 2021.
- The map is available on DGCA’s digital sky platform, digitalsky.dgca.gov.in/home.
- Drone operations in the yellow zone require permission from the concerned air traffic control authority.
- Yellow zone has been reduced from 45 km to 12 km from the airport perimeter.
Activist Kamla Bhasin passes away
- Kamla Bhasin, a noted feminist activist and author, passed away in September 2021.
- Since the 1970s, Bhasin has been a prominent voice in the women’s movement both in India, as well as in other South Asian countries.
- In 2002, she founded the feminist network ‘Sangat’, which works with underprivileged women from rural and tribal communities.