Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 30th September 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 30th September 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
International Translation Day: 30 September
- International Translation Day is celebrated on Sept 30 annually.
- It raises awareness about the translation profession and brings awareness about languages that play an important role in the development of our society.
- The theme for 2021 is “United in translation“.
- It marks the celebration of the feast of St. Jerome, the Bible translator, who is considered the patron saint of translators.
World Maritime Day: 30 September
- The International Maritime Organization (IMO) observes World Maritime Day every year on the last Thursday of September.
- The day was celebrated for the first time on March 17, 1978.
- The theme for the year 2021 is “Seafarers: at the core of shipping’s future”.
- The goal is to raise awareness of the important contribution of shipping to the world.
Centre government renames Mid-Day Meal programme to PM Poshan
- The Union cabinet has renamed the flagship school meal programme Mid-Day Meal as PM Poshan.
- PM Poshan will now cover pre-primary students also.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved the continuation of the ‘National Scheme for PM POSHAN in Schools’ for the five year period 2021-22 to 2025-26 with the financial outlay of ₹ 54061.73 crores from the central government.
Defence Ministry clears acquisition proposals worth ₹13,165 crores
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) has cleared acquisition proposals for three armed forces worth around ₹13,165 crores.
- Of the total acquisition proposals of the Indian Army, Navy, and Air Force, 87% of them will be produced in India.
- The procurement of military hardware approved by the Defence Ministry includes 25 advanced light helicopters and rocket ammunition.
RBI imposes monetary penalty on Madura Sourashtra Co-operative Bank
- The RBI has imposed a monetary penalty of ₹2.50 lakh on the Madura Sourashtra Co-operative Bank Ltd for deficiencies in regulatory compliance.
- It has been penalised for non-adherence/violation of directions issued under the Supervisory Action Framework (SAF).
- This penalty has been imposed in the exercise of powers vested in RBI under the provisions of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
SBI partners three NBFC-MFIs for co-lending to joint liability groups
- SBI has signed an agreement with 3 non-banking finance company-microfinance institutions (NBFC-MFIs).
- The MFIs are Vedika Credit Capital Ltd (VCCL), Save Microfinance Pvt Ltd (SMPL), and Paisalo Digital Ltd (PDL).
- The agreement is for co-lending to individual members of Joint Liability Groups (JLGs) to undertake agriculture and allied activities including other income generation activities.
PM Modi to inaugurate Institute of Petrochemicals Technology
- PM Narendra Modi on 30 Sept 2021 will inaugurate the Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering and Technology (CIPET), Jaipur.
- He will also lay the foundation stone of four new medical colleges in Banswara, Sirohi, Hanumangarh and Dausa districts of Rajasthan.
- CIPET has been established by the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, GoI, in collaboration with the Rajasthan government.
Mukesh Ambani tops IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2021
- IIFL-Hurun India Rich List 2021 released on 30 Sep’21.
- With a wealth of ₹7.1 lakh crore, Mukesh Ambani tops the list for the 10th consecutive year, followed by Gautam Adani.
- The third-generation inheritor of Godrej, Smita Crishna is India’s richest woman and is at 40th position in the list.
- The youngest person in the list is a 23-year old Shashvat Nakrani, founder of BharatPe.
Tech Mahindra ties up with DSCI to foster cyber security innovation
- Tech Mahindra Ltd has partnered with the Cybersecurity Centre of Excellence, part of Data Security Council of India (CCoE-DSCI) to drive cybersecurity innovation ecosystem in India.
- CCoE is a glocal hub based in Hyderabad aimed at catalyzing innovation, entrepreneurship, and capability building in cyber security and privacy.
- It is a joint initiative of the Telangana government and the DSCI.
Ranveer Singh appointed brand ambassador for NBA in India
- The National Basketball Association (NBA) has named Ranveer Singh as its brand ambassador for India.
- He will work with the NBA to help grow the league’s profile in India throughout its landmark 75th anniversary season in 2021-22.
- The NBA is built around four professional sports leagues: National Basketball Association, Women’s National Basketball Association, NBA G League and NBA 2K League.
Jyoti Deshpande appointed CEO of Viacom18
- Viacom18 has announced the appointment of Jyoti Deshpande as its CEO with immediate effect.
- She is already serving on the boards of Network 18 and investee companies Balaji Telefilms and Saavn Media.
- Viacom 18 Media Pvt. Limited is a joint venture between TV18 and US-based Viacom Inc.
Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla Launches ‘NIDHI 2.0’ Scheme
- Om Birla, the Speaker of Lok Sabha inaugurated the NIDHI 2.0 (National Integrated Database of Hospitality Industry) scheme on September 27, 2021, i.e. World Tourism Day.
- The Ministry of Tourism, United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), and the Responsible Tourism Society of India (RTSOI) also signed an MoU to actively promote and support ‘sustainability initiatives’ in the tourism sector.
Scientists unearth fossils of rare eagle species
- A group of scientists has uncovered the fossil of a yet-unkown species of eagle from 25 mn years ago.
- The group of researchers from Flinders University in Adelaide found several bone fragments at the archaeological site in Lake Pinpa, Australia.
- These remains belong to an ancient hawk called Archaehierax sylvestris.
- These species had short but strong wings, longer legs and a wide foot-span.
Aboriginal owners get back the world’s oldest tropical rainforest
- In a historic deal, the world’s oldest tropical rainforest, Australia’s Daintree, has been returned to its Aboriginal owners.
- This UNESCO World Heritage site is over 180-million-year-old.
- It is also home to several Aboriginal people.
- The national park will now be managed by the Eastern Kuku Yalanji people in association with Queensland’s state government.
Adani Green Energy to acquire Essel Green’s 40 MW Odisha solar project
- Adani Green Energy Ltd (AGEL) will acquire a 40 megawatt (MW) operational solar project, located in Odisha, from Essel Green at an enterprise value of Rs 219 crore.
- With this acquisition, AGEL’s operational project capacity will touch 5.4 GW, with a total portfolio of 19.8 gigawatt (GW).
- In May 2021, AGEL had bought solar power producer SB Energy India for an enterprise value of $3.5 bn.
NPCI partners with YES Bank to launch RuPay ‘On-The-Go’
- The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has partnered with YES Bank to launch the ‘RuPay On-the-Go’ contactless payments solutions – a first-of-its-kind facility for customers.
- It will enable customers to make small and large value transactions from accessories that they wear everyday.
- This means that the card operates as a wearable payment solution.
1st LG Horse Polo Cup inaugurated at Drass on 29 September
- In Ladakh, the 1st LG Horse Polo Cup was inaugurated at Goshan Horse Polo Ground Drass on 29 September 2021.
- A total of 14 teams from all over Ladakh are participating in the tournament.
- On the inaugural day, Animal Husbandry Leh won over Tahir Holiyal Drass by a margin of 4-1 goals while Bodh Kharbu won over Yulbu Drass by a margin 10-0 goals.
Elite Women’s National Boxing Championships to be held from Oct 21-27
- The fifth edition of the Elite Women’s National Boxing Championships will be held at Hisar in Haryana between October 21-27, 2021.
- This event will also mark the return of the championship after a gap of more than one year due to Covid-19 pandemic.
- It will be played as per the International Boxing Association’s revised 12 weight divisions including 48kg, 50kg, 52kg, 54kg, 57kg, 60kg, etc.
Government approves continuation of NEIA Trust
- The Cabinet has approved continuation of the National Export Insurance Account (NEIA) scheme and infusion of 1,650 crores Grant-in-Aid over five years.
- NEIA Trust was established in 2006 to promote project exports from India that are of strategic and national importance.
- It promotes Medium and Long Term (MLT) /project exports by extending (partial/full) support to covers issued by ECGC Ltd.
NTPC REL signs first Green Term Loan agreement with Bank of India
- NTPC Renewable Energy Ltd (REL) has signed its first Green Term Loan agreement of Rs. 500 crores with a tenor of 15 years with Bank of India on 29th September 2021.
- It has been signed for its 470 MW solar projects in Rajasthan and 200 MW solar project in Gujarat.
- NTPC REL currently has a renewable project portfolio of 3,450 MW of which 820 MW projects are under construction.
USIBC to present Global Leadership Award to Shiv Nadar
- Shiv Nadar and Mallika Srinivasan have been chosen as the recipients of the US India Business Council’s (USIBC) 2021 Global Leadership Award.
- Shiv Nadar is the founder of HCL Technologies and Srinivasan.
- They will be honoured at the 2021 India Ideas Summit to be held on October 6-7, 2021.
Yemeni humanitarian organization wins Nansen Refugee Award
- The Jeel Albena Association for Humanitarian Development has won the 2021 UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Nansen Refugee Award.
- It is a Yemeni humanitarian organization that has supported people caught up in the country’s conflict.
- The prize recognizes a person or group, that goes above and beyond the call of duty, to help displaced or stateless people.
Alternative to corneal transplantation developed by IIT-H researchers
- IIT-Hyderabad researchers have developed an alternative to corneal transplantation.
- Dr Falguni Pati and her research team have developed a hydrogel from discarded corneas from human and bovine sources using a simple and novel method.
- For the first time the team demonstrated that this hydrogel can be applied immediately after injury which helps to regenerate the cornea without scarring.
AU SFB inks MoU with NABARD for development initiatives in Rajasthan
- AU Small Finance Bank (SFB), on 29 September 2021, inked an MoU with National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) for rural development initiatives in Rajasthan.
- This collaboration would enhance rural prosperity through the convergence of institutional lending and ongoing development initiatives.
- Jaipur-based AU Bank began its small finance bank operations in April 2017.
Tata Technologies partners with the Manipur govt to encourage innovation
- Tata Technologies Ltd (TTL), on 29 September 2021, collaborated with the Manipur government.
- The collaboration aims to transform technical training and encourage entrepreneurship and innovation in the state.
- Under the collaboration, a centre for invention, innovation, incubation, and Training (CIIIT) on industrial experiential learning and development would be established in Manipur.
China to launch rocket capable of sending a crewed probe to the moon in 2028
- China has aimed to launch heavy-duty rockets in 2028, powerful enough to send a crewed spacecraft to the moon.
- This was informed by China Aerospace Science and Technology.
- The next-generation vehicle would be capable of putting a 15 to 50-tonne spacecraft on a trajectory to the moon.
- China completed an uncrewed Chang’e-5 mission to retrieve samples from the lunar surface in December 2020.
Govt extends Emergency Credit Line Guarantee scheme till March 2022
- The Government of India has decided to extend the timeline of the Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (ECLGS) till March 31, 2022.
- The last date of disbursement under the scheme has also been extended to June 30, 2022.
- As of 24th September 2021, about 95% of the total guarantees issued are for loans sanctioned to Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises.
Govt extends additional charge of PK Purwar as MTNL CMD till Oct 2022
- The government, on 29 September 2021, extended the additional charge of PK Purwar as Chairman and Managing Director of telecom firm MTNL (Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited) till October 2022.
- Purwar has held the top position at MTNL for about five and half years.
- Purwar also holds the position of Chairman and Managing Director of debt-ridden firm BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited).
SEBI introduces a swing pricing mechanism for debt mutual fund schemes
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), on 29 September 2021, decided to introduce a swing pricing mechanism for open-ended debt mutual fund schemes.
- Swing pricing is a mechanism to apportion the costs of redemption and purchase requests of investors whose large orders cause a dent in the Net Asset Value (NAV).
- The new norms will come into effect from March 2022.
India’s external debt rises 2.1% to USD 570 billion
- India’s external debt rose by 2.1 per cent year-on-year to USD 570 billion as of March-end 2021, according to the Finance Ministry.
- The sovereign debt at USD 107.2 billion rose higher by 6.2 per cent over its level in 2021.
- The non-sovereign debt reached USD 462.8 billion as of March-end 2021.
- US dollar-denominated debt remained the largest component of India’s external debt.
Power Ministry approves ‘Dispute Avoidance Mechanism’
- The Power Ministry, on 29 September 2021, has given approval to the “Dispute Avoidance Mechanism” through an ‘Independent Engineer’ (IE) for hydro projects.
- The IE can have open communication with all the key stakeholders in the project that can play an effective role in the avoidance of disputes.
- The initial term of appointment of IE would be for a period of five years or a contract period.
Cabinet clears ECGC listing, Rs 4,400-crore infusion over 5 years
- In a bid to boost India’s exports, the Union Cabinet has cleared a proposal to list state-owned Export Credit Guarantee Corporation (ECGC) Ltd through the Initial Public Offer (IPO).
- The government will also invest ₹4,400 crores in ECGC for five years to provide support to exporters as well as banks.
- ECGC could be listed on the stock exchanges by FY 2022-2023.
MSME Minister Narayan Rane launches IndiaXports 2021 Portal
- Union Minister for MSMEs Narayan Rane virtually inaugurated the India Export Initiative and IndiaXports 2021 Portal of India SME Forum in New Delhi on 29 Sept’21.
- IndiaXports aims to orient MSMEs free of cost, with the objective of focussing on the untapped export potential in existing tariff lines.
- It also features an Info Portal which serves as a knowledge base for exports by Indian MSMEs.
Axis Bank’s Rajesh Dahiya to step down as Executive Director
- Axis Bank’s Executive Director Rajesh Dahiya has sought an early retirement and will step down from the position with effect from 1 January 2022.
- Dahiya had joined the Bank in June 2010, after a successful stint of 20 years across various group companies of the Tata Group.
- He assumed charge as the Executive Director – Corporate Centre in August 2016.
RBI removes Indian Overseas Bank from PCA restrictions
- The RBI has removed Indian Overseas Bank (IOB) from the Prompt Corrective Action Framework (PCAF).
- The performance of the bank was reviewed by the Board for Financial Supervision.
- It was noted that as per its published results for the year ended March 31, 2021, the bank is not in breach of the PCA parameters.
- Earlier, RBI had removed UCO Bank from PCA restrictions.