Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 26th September 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 26th September 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Uttar Pradesh’s homoeopathic doctor awarded with IPA 2021
- World Against Corruption (WAC) People Council and WAC Global Human Rights Foundation awarded Dr. Bhasker Sharma with the International Prestigious Award (IPA) 2021.
- Dr. Bhasker Sharma is a renowned homeopathic doctor of Uttar Pradesh.
- WAC People Council is a Maharashtra-based non-profit foundation registered under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Govt.
CBSE, IIT-Gandhinagar to launch online series ‘Eklavya’
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) along with IIT-Gandhinagar has decided to launch the online series ‘Eklavya’.
- Online sessions of ‘3030 Eklavya’ would be held every Sunday afternoon starting September 26, 2021.
- The program would touch on topics from the science and mathematics curriculum for classes six to 12 and help in conceptual understanding through interesting questions.
KSUM launches IPL 2021 to boost innovation and entrepreneurship
- Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM) has launched an Innovators Premier League (IPL) 2021 as part of its flagship IEDC(Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre) program.
- The IPL seeks to provide a gamified learning platform to students and institutions to explore as well as experiment with unconventional ideas.
- The League began on 18 September 2021 and will end on December 30, 2021.
Kerala to open digital de-addiction centres for children
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on 25 September 2021 has announced the setting up of ”digital de-addiction centers”.
- The center aims to bring children addicted to online games into mainstream society.
- He also declared 20 more police stations as ‘child-friendly, taking the total of such stations to 126 in Kerala.
Former CM Yediyurappa named the best legislator in Karnataka
- The Karnataka Legislative Assembly on 24 September 2021 named former chief minister (CM) BS Yediyurappa the best legislator of the year 2020-21.
- Yediyurappa has served as an MLA, Opposition party leader, deputy chief minister, and Chief Minister of the state.
- Karnataka from the year 2021 has decided to present the best legislator award for members of the Legislative Assembly.
Ministry of Law and Justice launches “Ek Pahal” drive
- The Department of Justice, Ministry of Law and Justice, has launched the “Ek Pahal” drive across the country from 17th September 2021 till 2nd October 2021.
- The drive aims to encourage mass registration under Tele-Law.
- The medium of Tele Law effectively provides pre-litigation advice to beneficiaries by panel lawyers through a huge network of 51,434 Common Service Centres across the country.
Shefali Juneja becomes the first woman chairperson of the ICAO AS committee
- Senior bureaucrat Shefali Juneja was elected as the chairperson of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Aviation Security committee.
- She became the first woman to lead this strategic committee for the United Nations’ body.
- Juneja, a 1992 batch officer of the Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax cadre), was serving as India’s representative in the council of the ICAO since 2019.
Packaged food to be trans-fat-free by 2022
- India is on track to become industrial trans-fat-free by the year 2022.
- Only 1.34 percent of the newly tested processed food samples showed more than the permissible levels of high fats ingredients.
- The above finding is from the pan-India survey conducted by national food regulator FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) along with the Quality Council of India.
Nirupama Rao to come up with a new book- The Fractured Himalaya
- Author Nirupama Rao will come up with her new book titled ‘The Fractured Himalaya: How The Past Shadows The Present In India-China Relations’.
- Nirupama Rao was Foreign Secretary from 2009-2011 and earlier served as Spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs, High Commissioner of India in Sri Lanka and Ambassador to the People’s Republic of China.
- The book will release in October 2021.
Tehri dam achieves full potential for the first time
- The Tehri dam reservoir in Uttarakhand touched the level of 830 metres, its full reservoir level (FRL) for the first time, on 24 Sept’21.
- Tehri dam project is a multipurpose hydropower scheme on the Bhagirathi river and is the third-highest among earth-fill dams and tenth highest among all dams of the world.
- It has a capacity to store about 2615 mcm of surplus floodwater during the monsoon.
World Rivers Day: 26 September 2021
- World Rivers Day is observed on the last Sunday of September every year.
- Established in 2005, it highlights the many values of rivers and strives to increase public awareness around the world.
- The day celebrates Earth’s waterways, in which over 60 countries participate every year.
- In this same year, the United Nations also launched its Water for Life Decade.
Uttarakhand to start ₹39 cr man-wildlife conflict mitigation project
- Uttarakhand Forest Department has started a man-wildlife conflict mitigation project which will roll out various measures.
- Over 280 km-long fencing will be set in different parts of the state at a cost of over ₹18 cr.
- The Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change has provided ₹39.7 cr under CAMPA (Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority) for the same.
Vijay Gokhale comes up with his new book ‘The Long Game’
- Author Vijay Gokhale has come up with his new book titled “The Long Game: How the Chinese Negotiate with India”.
- Vijay is the former Foreign Secretary of India and also served as the Ambassador of India to China.
- The book explores the dynamics of India-China relations through the prism of six historical and recent events in the India-China relationship.
Federal Bank appoints new directors on board
- Federal Bank board has appointed Sankarshan Basu and Ramanand Mundkur as its additional non‑executive independent Directors.
- With the new appointment, the private sector lender now has a 12 member board.
- On 24 September 2021, the bank’s director K Balakrishnan had retired as independent Director after completing a 3-year term.
- Ramanand has earlier worked with International Monetary Fund.
Naga Cucumber from Nagaland gets GI tag
- The Naga Cucumber from Nagaland has recently been granted the Geographical Indication tag under agricultural products of the Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act of 1999.
- They are low in calories, high in potassium and contain a high level of water and can serve as an alternative to sports drinks.
- It is one of the important component crops in jhum cultivation.
Kailash Satyarthi appointed as Sustainable Development Goals Advocate
- Kailash Satyarthi has been appointed by UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres as a Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Advocate
- He was appointed ahead of the start of the 76th UN General Assembly.
- Other ADG Advocates include STEM activist Valentina Munoz Rabanal, Microsoft President Brad Smith, and K-pop superstars BLACKPINK.
- Satyarthi is the 2014 Nobel Peace Prize winner from India.
Indian Army’s Bijoya Sanskritik Mahotsav begins
- The Indian Army is organising a festival from September 26-29, 2021 at Kolkata to showcase the cultural linkage between India and Bangladesh during the liberation war of 1971.
- The festival named ‘Bijoya Sanskritik Mahotsav’ is being organised by the Eastern Command of the Indian Army.
- The programme will include film screenings, plays, musical concerts and band performances.
Bitcoin creator Satoshi’s first-ever statue unveiled in Budapest
- Bitcoin’s pseudonymous creator Satoshi Nakamoto’s first statue was unveiled in Budapest, Hungary in September 2021.
- The bronze statue acknowledges the immense contribution to the disruption of traditional currency.
- It has been put on display at Graphishop Park, Budapest.
- The sculpture is the bust of a person wearing a hoodie that has the Bitcoin (BTC) logo engraved on it.
PM Modi addresses 76th session of UN General Assembly
- PM Narendra Modi addressed the 76th session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York on 25 September 2021.
- He highlighted the issues related to coronavirus disease (Covid-19) pandemic, climate change, and global terrorism.
- He was on a 3-day visit to the US.
- He spent the first two days of the three-day visit in Washington DC where he participated in the Quad Leaders’ Summit.
Quad launches fellowship program, infrastructure partnership
- The Quad group has launched an infrastructure partnership and fellowship program on 24 September 2021.
- The Quad Fellowship has been stewarded by Schmidt Futures, a philanthropic initiative, and supported by Accenture, Blackstone, Boeing, Google, Mastercard, and Western Digital
- The fellowship program will provide 100 graduate fellowships to graduate students across member countries.
The US, India launch task forces on Hydrogen and Biofuels
- The US Department of Energy along with its Indian counterparts launched a new public-private Hydrogen Task Force as well as a Biofuels Task Force.
- These groups have been launched under Strategic Clean Energy Partnership (SCEP).
- These groups would help expand the use of clean energy technologies to decarbonize the energy sector.
HDFC Bank “Most Outstanding Company in India” – Asiamoney 2021 Poll
- The HDFC Bank Ltd. has been voted ‘Overall Most Outstanding Company in India,’ in a poll conducted by reputed publication Asiamoney.
- The Bank also polled No.1 among banks in India for the 4th year in a row, since 2018.
- The Asia’s Outstanding Companies Poll is designed to acknowledge listed companies from areas such as financial performance, investor relations, and CSR initiatives.