Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 7th September 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 7th September 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
L&T Construction bags order for water effluent treatment business
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T)’s construction subsidiary has bagged a significant order for its water and effluent treatment business in India.
- L&T classifies orders between Rs 1,000 crore and Rs 2,500 crore as significant.
- It has won an order from a state-utility organisation to implement rural water supply projects, providing functional house tap connections under the Jal Jeevan Mission.
RBI releases data on the performance of private industries
- The Reserve Bank of India has released data on the performance of the private industries during the first quarter of the current financial year (2021-22).
- Sales of manufacturing companies have registered massive growth of 75 percent which was -41.1% in the same quarter of last financial year.
- Sales of IT companies increased by 17.5 percent as compared to 6.4 percent in 2020.
Brazilian Independence Day: 7 September
- Brazil celebrates its Independence Day on September 7.
- On September 7, 1822, a declaration of independence from Portugal was made by Pedro di Alcântara, the 23-year-old son of the Portuguese King.
- Brazil had been a colony of Portugal since the 16th century.
- In 1807 France had invaded Portugal and the Portuguese royal family had escaped to Brazil.
Bangladesh I&B Minister inaugurates Bangabandhu Media Centre in Delhi
- Bangladesh Information and Broadcasting Minister Dr. Hasan Mahmud inaugurated the Bangabandhu Media Centre at the Press Club of India in New Delhi on 6 September 2021.
- He also unveiled a portrait of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman in the Press Club of India.
- The programme was chaired by Umakant Lakhera, the President of the Press Club of India.
LS Speaker to attend 5th World Conference of Speakers of Parliament
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla reached Vienna on 6 September 2021 to attend the 5th World Conference of Speakers of Parliament.
- It is being organized by the Austrian Parliament, Inter-Parliamentary Union, and the United Nations and began on 7 September 2021.
- The World Conference of Speakers of Parliament is held regularly every five years.
Railways introduce new AC-3-tier Economy Class coaches
- Railways has introduced the new AC-3-tier Economy Class coach with a reduced fare.
- The service began on 6 September 2021 and for the first time, the coach has been attached to Train Number – 02403 Prayagraj- Jaipur Express.
- The new AC Economy coach has 83 berths as compared to 72 berths in 3AC Coach.
- The fare structure for this coach is eight percent lesser than 3-AC Coach.
PM Narendra Modi to chair 13th BRICS Summit on 9 Sept
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will chair the 13th BRICS Summit on 9 September 2021 in virtual format.
- The meeting will be attended by the President of Brazil Jair Bolsanaro, President of Russia Vladimir Putin, President of China Xi Jinping, and President of South Africa Cyril Ramaphosa.
- The theme for the Summit is BRICS@15: Intra-BRICS cooperation for continuity, consolidation and consensus.
Manipur CM launches ‘Go-To Hills 2.0’ outreach campaign
- Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh on 6 September 2021 launched an outreach programme ”Go To Hills 2.0”.
- It aims to ensure that people in remote places avail benefits of various welfare schemes at their doorsteps.
- Under the outreach programme, the state administration provided assistance worth Rs 51.52 cr for several departments such as agriculture, horticulture, health, and education.
‘Super 30’ founder Anand Kumar gets an award
- ‘Super 30’ founder and mathematician Anand Kumar has been conferred the ‘Sarabhai Teacher Scientist National Honorary Award 2021’ by the National Council of Teacher Scientists (NCTS).
- The award was conferred for making mathematics easy to learn and coaching underprivileged students to succeed in the IIT exams.
- He was also awarded the life membership of the NCTS organization.
AIWMI announces India’s Best Finance Teachers 2021
- The Association of International Wealth Management of India (AIWMI) released its inaugural annual edition of India’s Best Finance Teachers on 5 Sep 2021.
- AIWMI is a not-for-profit organization and a globally recognized membership association for finance professionals.
- India’s Best Finance Teachers is a platform to identify and felicitate individuals from the field of finance education.
Ashoka Buildcon MD appointed as IRF India president
- Managing Director and Promoter of Ashoka Buildcon, Satish Parekh has taken over as the President of the India Chapter of the International Road Federation (IRF).
- He took over from Subhmay Gangopadhyay, former Director of Central Road Research Institute (CRRI).
- The Geneva-based global road safety body IRF works for better and safer roads worldwide.
UNDP launches YouthConnekt Sahel Forum 2021
- The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has announced the launch of the 1st edition of the YouthConnekt Sahel Forum (YCSF) 2021.
- It will be launched in partnership with the YouthConnekt Africa Hub, the United Nations Office of the Special Coordinator for Development in the Sahel and the Generation Unlimited Initiative in the Sahel.
- It will take place from 10-12 Nov 2021 in Senegal.
eGov signs MoU with Transerve to help urban local bodies
- eGov has signed an MoU with Transerve, a location intelligence provider.
- eGov’s open-source platform DIGIT empowers local government authorities to deliver and administer citizen focussed urban governance services with efficiency and transparency.
- Both firms are working together to build an Open-Source Faecal Sludge Management solution on the DIGIT platform.
iAir names Raveena Tandon as brand ambassador
- iAir has roped in famous Bollywood actress and celebrity, Raveena Tandon as their brand ambassador.
- iAir is a leading company, that provides a quality experience with the latest technology in various electronic products such as LED TV, mobile, and mobile accessories.
- Raveena Tandon will further help the company spread awareness about the product and brand all over India.
SBM Bank partners with OneCard to launch a mobile-based credit card
- SBM Bank has partnered with fintech player OneCard to launch a mobile-based credit card.
- OneCard will leverage Visa’s technology and global acceptance in this co-branded credit card offering through an app.
- The company earlier launched the OneScore app in 2019 allowing people to monitor and manage their credit health.
Gujarat govt hikes DA for staff, pensioners to 28 pc
- The Gujarat government approved an increase of 11 per cent in Dearness Allowance to state government employees and pensioners with retrospective effect from July 1, 2021.
- It has pegged the new rate at 28 per cent.
- This DA revision would benefit some 9.61 lakh state government and panchayat employees, as well as 4.5 lakh pensioners covered under the 7th Pay Commission.
Chandigarh gets its first pollen calendar
- Chandigarh now has its first pollen calendar, which can identify potential allergy triggers.
- It can provide a clear understanding for clinicians as well as allergy sufferers about their causes to help limit their exposure during high pollen loads.
- Pollen calendars represent the time dynamics of airborne pollen taxa in graphical form in a particular geographical area.
IREDA signs MoU with TANGEDCO to support Green Energy projects
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA) signed an MoU with the Tamil Nadu Generation & Distribution Corporation Limited (TANGEDCO) on 6 September 2021.
- It has been signed for providing IREDA’s technical expertise in developing renewable energy projects and fundraising.
- TANGEDCO is planning for 20,000 MW of solar power project, with adequate battery storage.
India: 1st Asian country to launch Plastics Pact
- The India Plastics Pact was officially launched at the annual sustainability summit of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in September 2021.
- India has become the first in Asia to join the initiative.
- The Pact aims to tackle plastic pollution in the country.
- A total of 27 businesses and supporting organizations have joined the Pact as founding members.
Cyrus Poncha was elected Vice President of the Asian Squash Federation
- Cyrus Poncha, Secretary of Squash Rackets Federation of India (SRFI), has been elected the Vice-President of the Asian Squash Federation (ASF).
- He was elected for a 4-year term at the 41st ASF Annual General Body Meeting held virtually.
- The other elected VPs are Fayez Abdullah S Al Mutairi (Kuwait) and Tae-sook Heo (Korea).
- David Mui was elected unopposed for his second term as President.
ADB clears $150 million loans for Tamil Nadu project
- Asian Development Bank has approved a USD 150 million (about Rs 1,095 crore) loan for a sustainable housing project for the urban poor in Tamil Nadu.
- The loan to provide access to inclusive, resilient, and sustainable housing for the urban poor in Tamil Nadu was approved on Sep 3, 2021.
- Tamil Nadu has a population of more than 72 million, nearly half of which are living in urban areas.
NGT slaps penalty of Rs 20 crore on Dhampur Sugar Mills
- The National Green Tribunal has imposed Rs 20 crore penalty on four units of Dhampur Sugar Mills Ltd in Uttar Pradesh for continuous violation of environmental laws.
- It imposed environmental compensation of Rs 5 cr each on Dhampur Sugar Mills, district Sambhal; Dhampur Sugar Mills, district Bijnor; Dhampur Distillery Unit, district Bijnor and Dhampur Sugar Mills, Meerganj, district Bareilly.
Chandrayaan-2 completes over 9,000 orbits around the moon
- Chandrayaan-2 has completed more than 9,000 orbits around the Moon.
- The imaging and scientific instruments onboard have been relaying excellent data.
- ISRO opened a two-day Lunar Science Workshop 2021 on 6 September 2021 to commemorate the completion of two years of operation of Chandrayaan-2 spacecraft around the lunar orbit.
NTPC to partner with NIIF and ONGC
- NTPC Ltd plans to partner with India’s quasi-sovereign wealth fund, the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) and Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC).
- It will acquire and develop green energy assets including offshore wind projects.
- It plans to invest ₹1 trillion between 2019 and 2024 to become a 130GW power producer by 2032.
UCO Bank partners with Fisdom
- UCO Bank has joined hands with FISDOM, owned by a wealth-tech start-up Finwizard Technology Pvt. Ltd.
- It will offer wealth management products and services, starting with mutual funds, via Bank’s mBanking Plus App to the bank’s thirty million customers.
- As a part of the alliance, UCO Bank’s customers will be able to access and invest in the mutual fund of their choice.
India plans a 50% increase in oxygen production
- India aims to ramp up its medical oxygen production capacity to 15,000 tonnes per day before a potential third wave of coronavirus infections.
- The third wave is expected to hit the country as soon as mid-September 2021.
- The target implies a 50% jump from the maximum output of almost 10,000 tonnes reached earlier in 2021 during the peak of the second COVID-19 wave.
Avani leads the Indian contingent at the closing ceremony of the Paralympics
- Indian shooter Avani Lekhara led India’s contingent at the closing ceremony of Tokyo Paralympics as the flag-bearer.
- She won gold and bronze medals at the Paralympic Games.
- A total of 54 para-athletes from India across nine sports disciplines participated in the event.
- Badminton and Taekwondo made their debut in Tokyo, both of which were represented by India.
CFBP Jamnalal Bajaj Awards 2021 concluded
- The Council for Fair Business Practices (CFBP) held the 33rd Jamnalal Bajaj Awards for Fair Business Practices at the IMC felicitating and lifting the spirits of the corporates.
- Stauff India, LIC, Bajaj Allianz, V-Trans, and Hiranandani Hospital were awarded in different categories.
- CFBP was established in 1966 by stalwarts of industry like J.R.D. Tata, Ramkrishna Bajaj, and Naval Tata.
9 islands in Lakshadweep to be seaweed hub
- The Lakshadweep administration has launched a program to turn its nine inhabited islands into a hub of seaweed cultivation.
- The initiative is in line with a study by the Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute that revealed the potential for the production of quality seaweeds in the pollution-free lagoons of Lakshadweep for high-end utilization like pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals.
RBI fines Sarvodaya Co-operative Bank ₹2 lakh for KYC norms violation
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed a fine of ₹2 lakh on Mumbai-based Sarvodaya Co-operative Bank.
- It has been fined for violation of know your customer (KYC) regulations.
- Investigation into the bank based on its financial position as of March 31, 2019, revealed that the bank had not put in place the system of periodic review of risk categorization of accounts.
Namita Gokhale receives 7th Yamin Hazarika Award
- Writer Namita Gokhale has been chosen as the recipient of the seventh Yamin Hazarika Woman of Substance Award.
- Organised by a collective of women professionals from the year 2015, the annual award honours Yamin Hazarika, the first woman from Northeast India to be selected for DANIPS, a federal police service that administered Delhi and the Union Territories in 1977.
BoB tops government’s digital scorecard
- Bank of Baroda has ranked on top with a total of 86 percent marks on the scorecard issued by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) for the month of February and March 2021.
- The scorecard ranks 44 banks on various parameters of the digital business.
- The overall rating was based on multiple factors where the bank scored above average.
Delhi govt launches ‘Business Blasters’ programme
- Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia launched the Delhi government’s “Business Blasters” programme at the Thyagraj Stadium on 7 September 2021.
- The programme will be implemented in all Delhi government schools under the “entrepreneurship mindset curriculum”.
- It is aimed at developing young entrepreneurs at the school level.
Poland’s Budimex, Lotos create flower-scented asphalt
- Polish construction firm Budimex and refiner Lotos have created a floral-scented asphalt in a bid to improve working conditions for road builders.
- The novel material will provide a more comfortable working environment for construction workers.
- It contains a mixture of natural and synthetic essential oils, most of which neutralise the typical smell of asphalt.
India @75 – Atmanirbhar Corner to be set up by TRIFED
- TRIFED will set up an Atmanirbhar Bharat corner in 75 Indian Missions/ Embassies across the world in the next 90 days.
- The first Atma Nirbhar Bharat corner has been successfully inaugurated at Indian Embassy in Bangkok, Thailand.
- The corner will be an exclusive space to promote GI-tagged tribal art and craft products besides natural and organic products.
French footballer Jean-Pierre Adams passes away
- Former French footballer Jean-Pierre Adams, who had been in a coma for 39 years, passed away in September 2021.
- Jean-Pierre Adams was injured during a match with Chalon.
- Operated under anesthesia at the Hospital de Lyon on March 17, 1982, Jean-Pierre Adams fell into a coma.
- He had worn the Parisian colours from 1977 to 1979.
Food Processing Week: September 6 to 12, 2021
- The Ministry of Food Processing Industries is observing ‘Food Processing Week’ from 6th to 12th September 2021.
- Under this, the Ministry is organizing various programs.
- A webinar on tomato processing and value addition under ‘One District, One Product’ was also organized by the Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology at Damoh, Madhya Pradesh.
IISER scientists sequence genome of Giloy plant
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Bhopal have sequenced the genome of Giloy.
- Giloy finds tremendous use in pharmaceuticals and ayurvedic formulations to treat various health conditions including COVID-19.
- The research, claimed by the IISER to be first in the world, has been published in the international “preprint server for biology-bioRxiv”.
China appoints new Army Commander
- Chinese President Xi Jinping has appointed Gen Wang Haijiang as the new Commander of the People’s Liberation Army’s Western Theatre Command.
- Xi has promoted Wang and four other military officers to the rank of General, the highest rank for officers in active military service in China.
- The Central Military Commission (CMC) is the overall high command of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA).
International Day of Clean Air for Blue Skies: 7 September
- September 7 is celebrated annually as the International Day of Clean Air for Blue Skies.
- 2020 marked the first international observance of the Day with the theme “Clean Air for All.”
- “Healthy Air, Healthy Planet” is the theme for observance of the International Day of Clean Air for Blue Skies 2021.
CIAL, Air India Express ink MoU
- The Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) and Air India Express Ltd have signed an MoU for exploring and implementing a slew of promotional campaigns, programs, and schemes for passengers.
- Both the companies are launching an all-new promotional scheme for the passengers.
- Air India Express is the single largest international airline operator from CIAL in terms of the number of flights.
Bank of India inks deal with MAS Financial Services
- Bank of India has entered into a co-lending arrangement for micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) loans with an Ahmedabad-based non-bank financier MAS Financial Services Ltd.
- Co-lending was launched by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to extend credit score circulation to unserved and the underserved sector by utilising nimble-footed NBFC protection of the casual sector.