Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Top Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 7th October 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs on 7th October 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
World Cotton Day: 7 October
- World Cotton Day is observed on 7 Oct every year.
- It is an initiative that started in 2019 at the World Trade Organization’s Geneva headquarters.
- Cotton is grown in over 75 countries across five continents and is traded worldwide.
- The theme for 2021 is “Cotton for Good“.
- India is one of the largest producers of cotton in the world accounting for about 26% of the world cotton production.
Tata Power, BluWave-ai join hands for AI automation
- Tata Power has signed a three-year commercial agreement with BluWave-ai to operationalize artificial intelligence in day-to-day power distribution in Mumbai.
- BluWave is the world’s first renewable energy AI company.
- This agreement comes at the conclusion of a successful trial project during which Tata Power evaluated the performance of the BluWave-ai cloud platform.
Pakistan’s Lt Gen Nadeem Anjum named new ISI Chief
- In a major military reshuffle in Pakistan, Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) chief Lieutenant General Faiz Hameed has been replaced.
- Lt Gen Nadeem Anjum has been appointed in his place.
- Anjum, who has previously served as the commander of Karachi Corps, was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant General in September 2019.
- Lt Gen Mohammad Saeed has been posted as the Karachi corps commander.
Visa launches India’s first card-on-file tokenization service
- Visa, has launched card-on-file (CoF) tokenization services in India, in line with the recently issued Reserve Bank of India (RBI) guidelines.
- It has been launched in partnership with mobile-based payments firm, Juspay.
- Card tokenization is a process of substituting sensitive customer data with an algorithmically generated token by a token service provider.
Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the Mahabahu Brahmaputra River Heritage
- Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the Mahabahu Brahmaputra River Heritage Centre in Guwahati in October 2021.
- The old Deputy Commissioner’s bungalow atop the BarphukanarTila in Panbazar has been converted into the centre by the state government.
- The heritage centre has on display the heritage of boats, an amphitheatre, an exhibition space, a cafeteria, etc.
13th edition of ‘Design and Engineering Summit’ of NASSCOM held
- The 13th edition of ‘Design and Engineering Summit’ is being organized by NASSCOM on 6-7 October 2021.
- The theme of the summit was ‘Engineering the next’.
- The summit was addressed by Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Minister of State for Electronics and IT, Skill Development and Entrepreneurship.
- He informed that the Engineering, Research & Development sector generates $31 billion plus revenue.
75 Science Technology and Innovation (STI) Hubs to be set up
- The government will be setting up 75 Science Technology and Innovation (STI) Hubs in different parts of the country.
- These will be exclusively for Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Scheduled Tribes (STs).
- The STI Hubs improve the Indigenous Knowledge Systems (IKS) through inputs of science and technology and converting them to appropriate technologies for creating better livelihood options.
TCS extends partnership with SBI for tech solutions
- Tata Consultancy Services’ partnership with State Bank of India (SBI) has been extended for another five years to drive innovation and tech solutions.
- As part of the new contract, TCS will continue to maintain and enhance SBI’s application estate around core banking, trade finance, financial reporting, etc.
- In addition, TCS will help SBI with large transformation programs.
P. L. Haranadh takes over as Chairman of Paradip Port Trust
- P. L. Haranadh took over the post of Chairman of Paradip Port Trust (PPT) on 7 October 2021.
- He is an Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS) officer of 1994 batch.
- He received National Award for outstanding management in 2002 and in 2005 from Ministry of Railways.
- Paradip Port is a natural, deep-water port on the East coast of India in Jagatsinghpur district of Odisha.
Fino Payments Bank gets Sebi nod for the initial share sale
- SEBI has given its nod for the initial public offering (IPO) of Fino Payments Bank, which is looking to raise around Rs 1,300 crore.
- Fino Payments Bank’s IPO includes a fresh issue of equity shares worth Rs 300 crore and an Offer For Sale (OFS) of 15,602,999 equity shares.
- The IPO is estimated to be worth Rs 1,300 crore.
Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank bags two national awards
- Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB), sponsored by Canara Bank, has bagged two national awards.
- It has been awarded with ‘APY Big Believers’ and ‘Leadership capital’ for significant enrolment under the Atal Pension Yojana (APY) from the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority(PFRDA).
- So far, the bank has enrolled (cumulative) 2,30,432 accounts under APY.
Delhi Metro to build first-ever integrated flyover-cum-metro structure
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation(DMRC) will build an integrated ‘flyover-cum-Metro viaduct structure’ along with a vehicle underpass.
- The newly planned construction will be built near Soorghat on the Majlis Park – Maujpur corridor of Phase – IV in North-East Delhi.
- The project is expected to be completed by the end of 2023.
- The design of the project is said to have 21 portals.
India gets newest Tiger Reserve, No. 4 in Chhattisgarh
- On 5 October 2021, the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) approved the Chhattisgarh government’s proposal to declare the combined areas of the Guru Ghasidas National Park and Tamor Pingla Wildlife Sanctuary as a Tiger Reserve.
- This will be the fourth Tiger Reserve in Chhattisgarh, after the Udanti-Sitanadi, Achanakmar, and Indravati Reserves.
In the DART mission NASA will shoot a rocket at an asteroid to test a strategy
- NASA will shoot a rocket and crash into an asteroid.
- The DART mission, or NASA’s Double Asteroid Redirection Test, will lift off on November 23, 2021 aboard a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from Vandenberg Space Force Base in California.
- After launching in November, NASA will test its asteroid deflection technology in September 2022 to see how it impacts the motion of a near-Earth asteroid in space.
9 new judges appointed to 5 High Courts
- Nine judicial officers and advocates were appointed as High Court judges on 5 October 2021.
- Advocate-General of Madhya Pradesh Purushaindra Kumar Kaurav has been appointed judge of the state High Court.
- Four judges were appointed to the Jharkhand High Court and two to the Patna High Court.
- One judge each has been appointed to the High Courts in Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Kerala.
Bathukamma festival begins in Telangana
- Bathukamma festival is being observed in Telangana from 6 October 2021.
- It is a 9-day floral festival that begins on the day of Mahalaya Amavasya and the festival continues till nine days, ending on the day of Durgashtami.
- Bathukamma means “Mother Goddess come alive”.
- The festival is also regarded as the Spring Festival of Goddess Gauri.
India’s Olympic stars win in all categories at FIH Hockey Stars Awards
- India’s athletes and coaches dominated at the FIH Hockey Stars Awards 2020-21.
- Harmanpreet Singh and Gurjit Kaur have been named the FIH Player of the Year in the men’s and women’s categories, respectively.
- Vivek Sagar Prasad was named the FIH Rising Star of the Year in the men’s section while Sharmila Devi won the equivalent award in the women’s category.
Comprehensive Handicrafts Cluster Development scheme to continue
- Ministry of Textiles has approved the continuation of the Comprehensive Handicrafts Cluster Development Scheme with a total outlay of 160 crore rupees.
- The scheme will continue up to March 2026.
- The scheme aims to create a world-class infrastructure that caters to the business needs of the local artisans and small and medium-sized enterprises to boost production and export.
Mukesh Ambani in Forbes top 100 richest Indians list
- Mukesh Ambani remains the wealthiest Indian for the 14th year in a row, since 2008, in the Forbes list of India’s richest for 2021.
- In 2021, Reliance Industries (RIL) Chairman Mukesh Ambani added $4 bn to his net worth.
- Gautam Adani continues to be the second richest Indian for the third year in a row with a $74.8 bn fortune.
- With $31 bn, HCL Tech’s Shiv Nadar stood at the third rank.
WHO approves world’s first malaria vaccine
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has recommended the use of the first-ever malaria vaccine for children.
- The RTS, S/AS01 malaria or Mosquirix has been developed by British drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline (GSK).
- The vaccine acts against plasmodium falciparum, one of five parasite species and the most deadly.
- The symptoms of malaria are – fever, headaches, and muscle pain.
Ex-diplomat V.M.M. Nair passes away
- Vallilath Madhathil Madhavan Nair, the former diplomat of India, passed away in October 2021.
- He joined the Indian Civil Service or the ICS in 1942 and was allotted to the Bihar cadre.
- He was permanently seconded to the Indian Foreign Service on November 1, 1944, during the Second World War.
- He was born on October 8, 1919.
- He retired in the late 1970s.
Germany unveils logo for soccer’s Euro 2024 tournament
- Germany has unveiled the logo for soccer’s 2024 European Championship.
- The logo features an outline of the Henri Delaunay Cup — the bulbous tournament trophy — set on a colored oval outline that resembles the Olympiastadion’s roof.
- Logos for each of the 10 host cities were also presented with each featuring a famous local landmark.
World Bank leaves India’s growth projection unchanged at 8.3%
- The World Bank has left the growth projection for India unchanged at 8.3% from its June 2021 forecast.
- The latest South Asia Economic Focus entitled ‘Shifting Gears: Digitization and Services-Led Development’ was released by World Bank on 6 October 2021.
- The report has prescribed a growth range of 7.5% to 12.5%.
Kotak Mahindra gets govt approval to collect direct, indirect taxes
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has become the first scheduled private sector bank to receive approval from the government for the collection of direct and indirect taxes.
- The taxes include income tax, Goods and Services Tax (GST) etc.
- Bank customers will be able to pay their direct and indirect taxes straight from Kotak mobile banking or net banking platforms as well as through branch banking network.
Telangana Develops India’s First Smartphone-Based E-Voting Solution
- Telangana has developed the country’s first Smartphone-based eVoting solution.
- The solution leverages emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain (Distributed Ledger) technology.
- The initiative has been driven by the Telangana State Election Commission with the implementation support of the state government and the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC).
Ghana to host first-ever African Paralympic Games in 2023
- Ghana will host the first-ever African Paralympic Games in 2023, the President of National Paralympic Committee of Ghana (NPC-Ghana) Samson Deen said on 5 October 2021.
- About 50 African countries would participate in the continental showpiece.
- Ghana will host the 13th edition of the All Africa Games in 2023, for the first time since the creation of the continental event.
India hosted youngest populations of Acheulean human ancestors: Study
- Populations of ancient humans using Acheulean stone toolkits persisted in India until about 177,000 years ago, according to a study published on 6 October 2021.
- The latest research led by the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History in Germany re-examined a key Acheulean site in the Thar Desert, Rajasthan.
- The study was published in the journal “Scientific Reports”.
5 billion people could face difficulty accessing water in 2050: WMO
- More than five billion people globally are expected to face a shortage of water by 2050, a World Meteorological Organization (WMO) report has warned.
- The report titled “The State of Climate Services 2021: Water” was released by WMO on 5 October 2021.
- According to the report, 3.6 billion people had inadequate access to water at least one month per year in 2018.
Turkey becomes the last G-20 country to ratify the Paris climate agreement
- Turkey on 6 October 2021 ratified the Paris climate agreement on Wednesday, making it the last G20 country to do so.
- The approval comes ahead of the climate summit, known as Cop26, which begins on October 31, 2021.
- Paris climate agreement aims to substantially reduce global greenhouse gas emissions.
ICMR Develops MUDRA Toolbox In Five Indian Languages
- The Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR) on 6 October 2021 released the Multilingual Dementia Research and Assessment (MUDRA) toolbox in five Indian languages.
- The languages are Hindi, Bengali, Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam.
- It is a comprehensive tool to diagnose dementia in the Indian population.
- It is an initiative undertaken by ICMR Neuro-Cognitive Tool Box (ICMR-NCTB).
Educationalist Ssarita Singh gets Champions of Change Award
- Ssarita Singh has been awarded the Champions of Change Award by the Interactive Forum of Indian Economy (IFIE).
- The award has been presented for her outstanding contributions in the education sector.
- She is the Managing Trustee of Priyadarshani Group of Schools.
- The award was conferred to her by Shri Bhagat Singh Koshyari, Governor of Maharashtra.
India completes, hands over the power transmission line to Nepal
- India has completed and handed over to Nepal a 22KV power transmission line, a cross-border economic initiative under India’s Neighbourhood First policy.
- Package 1 of this project was executed by India’s Kalpataru Power Transmission Ltd (KPTL).
- The Koshi Corridor transmission line is being built under the Government of India’s Line of Credit of USD 550 million.
PNB Housing, CSC e-Governance collaborate to provide home loans
- PNB(Punjab National Bank) Housing Finance on 6 October 2021 joined hands with CSC e-Governance Services India.
- The collaboration aims to provide home loan facilities to individuals living in tier 2 and 3 cities.
- The CSC(Common Services Centre) centers would also act as delivery points for EMI re-payments and provide assistance to customers for an online home loan application.
Centre allows 100% Telecom FDI Via automatic route
- The government on 6 October 2021 allowed 100 percent foreign direct investment (FDI) in the telecom sector through automatic route.
- It has also reduced performance and financial bank guarantee requirements of telecom operators by 80 percent.
- The amendment has been made in both old telecom licences in the UASL (Unified Access Services licences) category and Unified Licence (UL) category.
Interpol launches online cyber security awareness campaign
- Interpol has launched an online campaign to apprise people of major cyber threats in order to help them protect their computer systems, networks and personal information from cybercriminals.
- The three-week awareness campaign, from 4-22 Oct’21 will be run primarily through social media.
- Interpol is an international organization that facilitates worldwide police cooperation and crime control.
@Top Current Affairs 7th October 2021
#Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-
Join Telegram Group: Click Here
Latest Government Job Notification