Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 31st October 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 31st October 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
National Unity Day: 31st October
- National Unity Day is celebrated every year on 31st October.
- The day marks the birth anniversary of India’s first Deputy Prime Minister and Home Minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- He llayed a crucial role in integrating as many as 560 princely states into the Union of India.
- The government declared October 31 as the National Unity Day or Rashtriya Ekta Diwas in 2014.
Gujarat CM launches ‘Go-Green’ scheme
- Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel on 25 Oct’21 launched a scheme to provide electric two-wheelers at subsidized rates.
- He launched the ‘Go-Green’ scheme for construction and industrial workers of the state.
- Under the scheme, a worker of the organized sector would get a subsidy of 30 pc on the vehicle’s price or Rs 30,000, whichever is less, on the purchase of battery-powered two-wheelers
World largest hydrogen fuel cell power plant built in South Korea
- South Korea has completed the construction of the world’s largest hydrogen fuel cell power plant in October 2021.
- Its total capacity is 78 MW and can provide electricity to nearly 250,000 households per year.
- The ‘Shinincheon Bitdream Fuel Cell Power Plant’ is operated by South Korea’s largest independent power production company, POSCO Energy and Doosan Fuel Cell.
Ganga Utsav 2021 to be organised from 1st to 3rd November
- Ganga Utsav 2021 will be organised in 150 districts from 1st to 3rd Nov’21.
- Its objective is to promote stakeholder engagement and ensure public participation under the aegis of the Ganga Knowledge Center.
- National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) celebrates Ganga Utsav every year to mark the anniversary of the announcement of River Ganga as the ‘National River’ i.e. 4th November.
@Top Current Affairs 31st October 2021
Goa achieves 100 pc in providing free ration & 1st dose of COVID
- Goa has achieved a 100 percent target in providing free ration and the first dose of Covid-19.
- Goa has already achieved the target of becoming Open Defecation Free.
- The state has also achieved targets of Har Ghar Jal Abhiyan and electricity connection to every household.
- Aatmanirbhar Bharat Swayampurna Goa programme was also launched in October 2020.
India ranks 79 in the WJP Rule of Law Index 2021
- India has been ranked at 79th spot among 139 countries in the World Justice Project (WJP) Rule of Law Index 2021.
- The report measures how the rule of law is experienced and perceived across the world by the general public, legal practitioners and experts, in practical and everyday situations.
- The WJP’s framework covers eight factors.
- Denmark has topped the index, followed by Norway and Finland.
Invest India elected as the President of WAIPA
- Invest India has been unanimously elected as the President of the World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA) for 2021-2023.
- Invest India is the National Investment Promotion and Facilitation Agency that helps investors looking for investment opportunities and options in India.
- WAIPA was established in 1995 under the auspices of the UN Conference on Trade and Development.
T Islam wins gold in U-14 category of World Kickboxing Championship
- Srinanagr’s Taijul Islam won a gold medal in the Under-14 category of the World Kickboxing Championship, held in Cairo, Egypt on October 22.
- Islam defeated the Argentinan player in the final of the World Kickboxing Championship.
- She had four bouts – two with Egypt, semi-final with France and faced Argentina in the final of the World Kickboxing Championship.
India’s biggest aromatic garden developed at Lalkuan, Nainital
- India’s biggest aromatic garden boasting of 140 species has been developed at Lalkuan in Nainital district, Uttarakhand.
- The aromatic garden has a ‘Tulsi vatika.’
- Besides Tulsi Vatika, it has eight different sections comprising aromatic leaves, aromatic flowers, aromatic trees, aromatic rhizomes, etc.
- The project has been funded under Centre’s compensatory afforestation scheme (CAMPA).
Yes Bank and BankBazaar.com announces the launch of FinBooster credit card
- Yes Bank on 29 October 2021 announced the launch of co-branded credit card FinBooster in partnership with BankBazaar.com.
- FinBooster aims to empower customers to keep track of their creditworthiness but also improve their scores.
- Customers can earn accelerated rewards points on online dining, grocery and apparel purchases which can be easily redeemed for over 250+ catalogue products.
Dr Mandaviya addresses G20 Joint Finance and Health Ministers’ Meet
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya addressed the G20 Joint Finance and Health Ministers’ Meeting through video conferencing on 29 October 2021.
- The agenda of the discussion was “Concrete proposals to strengthen global health financing governance”.
- India supported the present proposal for Joint Health and Financing Task force.
Tedros Adhanom reappointed as WHO director-general for a second term
- The World Health Organization, on 29 Oct’21, informed that its director-general, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, is running unopposed for a second five-year term.
- The announcement was made after the deadline for candidacies for the next term expired on September 23.
- Tedros, an Ethiopian national, is the first African to head WHO.
- He was a former Health and Foreign Minister of Ethiopia.
Sonowal inaugurates a new Lighthouse at Alappuzha, Kerala
- Union Minister for Ports, Shipping & Waterways, and AYUSH Shri Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated a new Lighthouse at Valiyazhikkal in Alappuzha district of Kerala on 30 October 2021.
- The Government has approved the development of 75 lighthouses for tourism as a part of the 75thAzaadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- 11 other Lighthouses in Kerala have been earmarked for the development of Tourism.
Two New Chief Secretaries Appointed in Mizoram
- The Centre on 28 October 2021 appointed senior IAS officer Renu Sharma as the new chief secretary of Mizoram.
- She will replace Lalnunmawia Chuaungo, who has taken voluntary retirement from October 31.
- The Mizoram government has also appointed state Additional Chief Secretary J.C. Ramthanga to take charge as Chief Secretary.
- Ramthanga is a Manipur cadre IAS officer of the 1989 batch.
Kotak Bank, NPCI announce the launch of credit cards on the RuPay platform
- Kotak Mahindra Bank on 28 October announced that it has partnered with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to launch credit cards on the RuPay platform.
- The first credit card to be introduced is the ‘Veer’ credit card for the armed forces.
- The credit card is available in two variants: Kotak RuPay Veer Platinum and Kotak RuPay Veer Select Credit Cards.
Important Link :-
- Join Telegram Group: Click Here
- Latest Government Job Notification