Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 30th October 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 30th October 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
World Thrift Day: 30 October
- World Thrift Day is celebrated every year on October 31, across the world, but in India, the day is celebrated annually on October 30.
- The aim is to promote the importance of savings.
- It is also known as World Savings Day.
- World Savings Day was established on October 30, 1924, during the first International Savings Bank Congress (World Society of Savings Banks) in Milan, Italy.
ADB approves $250 million for developing industrial corridors in India
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $250 million loan to support the Government of India’s National Industrial Corridor Development Program (NICDP).
- This is the first subprogram of the $500 million loan to develop 11 industrial corridors spanning 17 states.
- As part of NICDP, India is also developing guidelines for green corridor frameworks and climate-resilient infrastructure.
@Top Current Affairs 30th October 2021
#Top Current Affairs
Kannada actor Puneeth Rajkumar passes away
- Kannada actor Puneeth Rajkumar passed away in October 2021.
- Puneeth was the son of legendary actor, Rajkumar.
- He was known to fans as “Appu” – after the 2002 film in which he played his first lead role.
- His other popular films include Power Star, Jackie, Raajakumara, Mourya, Arasu, Raam and Anjani Putra.
Centre govt launches pneumococcal conjugate vaccine on the pan-India basis
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Mansukh Mandaviya on 29 October 2021 launched the pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV) across the country.
- It was launched under the Universal Immunization Programme, as part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- It is for the first time in the country that PCV would be available for universal use.
International Internet Day: 29 October
- International Internet Day is observed every year on 29 October.
- The day commemorates the anniversary of the first message that was sent between two computers on 29th October 1969 through ARPANET, the predecessor of the Internet.
- As of January 2021, there were 4.66 billion active internet users worldwide which is 59.5 per cent of the global population.
Delhi Metro wins ‘Metro Rail with Best Passenger Services’ award
- The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has bagged the award for ‘Metro Rail with the Best Passenger Services and Satisfaction’ by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- It was awarded at the 14th Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference 2021 by the Union Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri.
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation MD Dr. Mangu Singh received the award.
Surat wins award for the city with the best public transport system
- The Union government awarded Surat on 29 October 2021, the city with the best public transport system, and Kochi for the most sustainable transport system.
- Delhi was awarded the best non-motorised transport system for the redevelopment project of Shahjanabad Redevelopment Corporation.
- The awards were given away by Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri.
Australian Hall of Fame all-rounder Alan Davidson passes away
- Alan Davidson, the first player to score 100 runs and take 10 wickets in a single Test match, passed away in October 2021.
- He claimed 186 wickets and scored 1328 runs during his career and played in 44 Tests for Australia.
- He was inducted into the International Cricket Council’s Hall of Fame in 2011.
- After retirement, he spent five years as an Australian Test selector from 1979 until 1984.
Renu Gupta awarded the Blackswan Award for women empowerment
- Renu Gupta has been honoured with Blackswan Award for Women Empowerment at The Greatest Brands and Leaders Summit, an initiative of URS Media Consulting P.L. & AsiaOne Magazine, in Oct’21.
- She is Managing Director at Red Velvet Rock Global Commercial Brokers LLC, Dubai.
- She was honoured for her contribution to making a change in society through her edge of business ideas based on innovation.
Tamil Nadu Day is to be celebrated on July 18, Not November 1
- The Tamil Nadu government on 30 Oct 2021 announced that July 18 would be observed as Tamil Nadu Day.
- It was on 18 July 1967 a resolution moved by then Chief Minister C N Annadurai was adopted in the State Legislative Assembly to rename the then Madras Presidency as Tamilnadu.
- The previous government had announced that November 1 would be observed as Tamil Nadu Day from 2019.
IISc: Highest-ranked Indian institute in Reputation Ranking by THE
- Breaking into the global top 100 list, the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bengaluru is the highest-ranked Indian institute in the latest Reputation Ranking by Times Higher Education (THE).
- The ranking lists the world’s top 200 most prestigious universities based on the opinions of 10,963 experienced, published academics.
- Harvard University in the United States retained its top position.
Former Himachal Pradesh minister Gurumukh Singh Bali passes away
- Former Himachal Pradesh minister Gurumukh Singh Bali passed away in October 2021.
- He was elected as MLA from Nagrota Bagwan four times in a row in 1998, 2003, 2007 and 2012 and served as the Food Supply, Transport and Technical Education Minister.
- A founder president of Himachal Nagrik Sudhar Sabha, Bali was Vice Chairman and later Chairman of the Himachal Social Bodies Federation.
Eminent Oncologist Padma Shri Dr Madhavan Krishnan Nair passes away
- Dr M Krishnan Nair passed away in October 2021.
- As the founder-director of the Regional Cancer Centre (RCC) in Thiruvananthapuram, he was known for establishing one of the largest comprehensive cancer centres in the country.
- He made pioneering contributions in Community Oncology, Pain and Palliative Care, and Paediatric Oncology.
- He was honoured with the Padma Shri award in 2001.
HM Amit Shah launches Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana in Dehradun
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah launched Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana in Dehradun on 30 October 2021.
- The objective of Mukhymantri Ghasiyari Kalyan Yojana is to eliminate the burden of more than three lakh rural women of the state living in mountainous regions.
- Under this scheme, packaged silage or safe green fodder will be provided at their doorstep.
China will take one-third of carbon space by 2030, India 7%: CSE
- China will take away almost one-third of the remaining global carbon space between 2020 and 2030 and India just seven per cent.
- This was revealed in a new analysis by Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) based on trajectory of climate change causing emissions from across the world.
- China with countries including Europe would occupy 70% of the world’s carbon space.
CSIR develops indigenous Mechanized Scavenging System
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)-CMERI, Durgapur has developed an indigenous Mechanized Scavenging System.
- It will help the manual scavenger skilling themselves on the latest technological advancements in sewerage maintenance systems.
- It is designed for up to 5000 people density i.e. best suitable up to 300 mm diameter and up to a 100-meter length of the sewer system.
Alok Amitabh Dimri: Next High Commissioner of India to Brunei
- Alok Amitabh Dimri has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Brunei.
- Amitabh Dimri has been serving as the Ambassador of India to the Kyrgyz Republic.
- He is expected to take up the assignment shortly, as informed by the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Brunei is a small nation on the island of Borneo, in 2 distinct sections surrounded by Malaysia and the South China Sea.
Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi inaugurates 30th edition of ‘Hunar Haat’
- 30th edition of “Hunar Haat” was inaugurated by the Union Minister for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and CM of Uttarakhand Shri Pushkar Singh Dhami at Dehradun on 29 Oct 2021.
- Hunar Haat is a unique platform that brings the artisans of the entire nation under one roof.
- After Dehradun, it will be organized at Braj Raj Mahotsav, Vrindavan (from 10th November) and Lucknow (12 to 21 Nov).
India’s first and unique manned ocean mission Samudrayan launched
- Union Minister of State Science & Technology Dr. Jitendra Singh launched India’s first manned ocean mission Samudrayan at Chennai, on 29 October 2021.
- India joins nations such as the USA, Russia, Japan, France, and China to have such underwater vehicles.
- It will help in carrying out deep ocean exploration of the non-living resources located at a depth between 1000 and 5500 meters.
Tredence joins RBCDSAI IIT-Madras as a platinum member
- Bengaluru-based analytics startup Tredence has partnered with Robert Bosch Center for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RBCDSAI) at IIT-Madras to propel innovation in the space of AI and data science.
- The partnership provides a collaboration platform for Tredence to gain early access to publications, reports, experimentations, and industry-focused events on AI/ML.
India, Israel to form a task force to increase a defence cooperation
- The Joint Working Group (JWG) of India and Israel has agreed to form a task force to formulate a comprehensive 10-year roadmap to identify new areas of defence cooperation.
- The 15th meeting of the JWG took place in Tel Aviv, Israel on 27 October 2021.
- It was co-chaired by Indian Defence Secretary Ajay Kumar and Director General of Israel’s Defence Ministry Amir Eshel.
NITI Aayog’s report on ‘Health Insurance for India’s Missing Middle’
- NITI Aayog released a comprehensive report titled Health Insurance for India’s Missing Middle, on 29 October 2021.
- It brings out the gaps in health insurance coverage across the Indian population and offers solutions to address the situation.
- It highlights the need for designing a low-cost comprehensive health insurance product for the missing middle.
India’s 1st long-range 1 ton guided bomb test-fired
- An Indian Air Force (IAF) team and DRDO on 29 October 2021 successfully flight-tested the country’s first indigenously developed Long-Range Bomb (LRB) from a Sukhoi-30 fighter jet over Balasore, Odisha.
- The LR Bomb, with a range of 100 kilometres, was fired from the IAF fighter aircraft flying at an altitude of 10 kilometres.
- It can carry a warhead of 1000 kilograms.
Mukhyamantri Awasiya Bhu-adhikar Yojna announced by MP government
- The Madhya Pradesh govt has announced the Mukhyamantri Awasiya Bhu-adhikar Yojna.
- Under the scheme, the state government will provide plots to families that don’t have land to build their own homes.
- Residential plots to the eligible families will be provided on Abadi land in each Gram Panchayat.
- A family must consist of a couple and their unmarried children to be eligible for the scheme.
#Top Current Affairs 30th October 2021
@Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-