Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 29th October 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 29th October 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
World Psoriasis Day: 29 October
- World Psoriasis Day is observed every year on 29 October.
- Psoriasis is a skin disease that causes red, itchy scaly patches, most commonly on the knees, elbows, trunk and scalp.
- Throughout the world, 125 million people have psoriasis.
- Unfortunately, there is no cure for psoriasis but it can go into remission.
World Stroke Day: 29 October
- World Stroke Day is celebrated on October 29, every year to raise awareness of the serious nature and high rates of stroke.
- The day was established by World Stroke Organization (WSO) and provides a global platform for the stroke community to increase awareness.
- The theme for 2021 is ‘Minutes can save lives’.
- A stroke happens when the blood supply to part of the brain is cut off.
Azim Premji tops EdelGive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2021
- Software exporter Wipro’s Azim Premji donated ₹9,713 crores or ₹27 crores a day to retain his top rank in EdelGive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2021.
- Mukesh Ambani of Reliance Industries, India’s richest man by a distance, came third on the list with a ₹577 crore contribution.
- Amitabh Bachchan is the top new entrant on EdelGive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2021 by donating ₹15 crores.
Rajiv Ranjan Jha appointed as Director projects at PFC
- Rajiv Ranjan Jha has been appointed as the Director of projects at India’s largest power sector lender Power Finance Corporation Ltd (PFC).
- Jha was working as executive director (projects) in PFC before his elevation to the role.
- PFC recently became the 11th Maharatna central public sector enterprise (CPSE).
Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Telangana toppers in governance performance
- Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Telangana have taken the top three slots, emerging winners among the 18 large states in governance performance.
- This was announced by Public Affairs Centre (PAC), a Bengaluru-based nonprofit think tank, on 28 October 2021.
- Public Affairs Index (PAI 2021) has prepared the list based on scores secured by the states in governance performance.
- Gujarat ranks fifth in it.
India, ADB sign $251 mn loan for flood management in Chennai
- The government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) have signed a $251 million loan for climate-resilient, integrated urban flood protection, and management in the Chennai -Kosasthalaiyar basin.
- It will strengthen the resilience of Chennai city to floods.
- The project will build flood protection infrastructure and strengthen the capacity of the Greater Chennai Corporation.
Indian Navy’s stealth frigate ‘Tushil’ launched in Russia
- The seventh frigate of P1135.6 class for the Indian Navy was launched at Yantar Shipyard in Russia’s Kaliningrad on 28 October 2021.
- The Indian and Russian governments had in October 2016 signed an agreement to construct four additional P1135.6 class ships — two each in Russia and India.
- These ships feature “stealth technology” in terms of low radar and under water noise signatures.
Finance Ministry approves 8.5% interest on PF deposits for 2020-21
- The finance ministry has approved the labour ministry’s proposal for crediting 8.5 per cent interest on provident fund deposits for 2020-21.
- The move will benefit over 6 crore subscribers of the Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO).
- The finance ministry’s nod is a procedural formality but is a requirement before interest rates are passed on to EPFO subscribers.
First Ladakh Birds Festival was inaugurated in Leh on 28 October 2021
- The first-ever 3-day Ladakh Bird Festival, organized by the Dept of Wildlife Protection, Ladakh in collaboration with the SECURE Himalaya Project, commenced in Leh on 28 Oct’21.
- “Black-necked Crane” was decalred as the Ladakh State Bird officially during the event.
- MP Jamyang Tsering Namgyal also released “The Changpa” and “Explorer Tashi meets the Changpa” workbook for the students.
G20 countries and richest economies will be hit by climate impacts
- Climate change will have devastating impacts on the G20, which includes the world’s richest economies, according to a new report.
- The G20 Climate Impacts Atlas has found that over the past 20 years, heat-related deaths have increased by at least 15% in all member countries.
- The report was released by the Euro-Mediterranean Center on Climate Change (CMCC).
Axis Bank re-designates Rajiv Anand as Deputy Managing Director
- Axis Bank’s board has re-designated Rajiv Anand, Executive Director (Wholesale Banking) as the Deputy Managing Director of the Bank.
- He has been re-designated on the existing terms and conditions, including remuneration in terms of relevant provisions of the Companies Act 2013.
- Anand joined the bank in May 2013 from its asset management arm Axis Asset Management Co. Ltd.
14th Urban Mobility Conference 2021 inaugurated on 29 October
- The 14th edition of the Urban Mobility India (UMI) Conference was organized by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs on 29th October 2021.
- Hardeep S. Puri, Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs delivered the inaugural and valedictory address.
- The main theme of the conference was “Mobility for All” which focuses on providing equitable access and promoting inclusive urban transportation.
52nd edition of IHGF-DELHI FAIR – AUTUMN 2021 inaugurated
- The 52nd edition of IHGF-DELHI FAIR – AUTUMN 2021 is being held from 28th to 31st Oct 2021 at India Expo Centre & Mart, Greater Noida Expressway.
- It was inaugurated by Ramdas Athawale, Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment.
- India Handicraft and Gift Fair (IHGF) is amongst Asia’s largest gifts & handicrafts fair, held biannually (Spring & Autumn edition).
Bangabandhu Sambad Kendra inaugurated at Kolkata Press Club
- The Information and Broadcasting Minister of Bangladesh, Dr Hasan Mahmud inaugurated Bangabandhu Sambad Kendra at the Kolkata Press Club on 28 October 2021.
- It was done on the occasion of the golden jubilee of Bangladesh’s independence and the birth centenary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
- Five journalists were felicitated at the programme.
Gati Shakti Express: India’s first full Economy AC-3 tier train
- Indian Railways started running India’s first full Economy AC-3 tier train – Gati Shakti Express from 29 October 2021.
- The base fare of Economy AC-3 tier coach is 8% less than the normal AC-3 class of coaches.
- The train will run between Delhi and Patna.
- It will stop at Kanpur Central, Prayagraj Junction, Varanasi, Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Junction, and Danapur in both directions.
The sex ratio in Delhi improves from 933 females to one thousand males
- The sex ratio in Delhi has increased to 933 females to one thousand males in 2020.
- According to the annual report of the Directorate of Economics and Statistics of the Government of Delhi, this number was 920 in 2019.
- The infant mortality rate in Delhi has also decreased in comparison to 2019.
- The infant mortality rate per thousand in 2019 was 24.19 and in 2020 it was 20.37.
J&K LG Manoj Sinha inaugurates two-day long Apple Festival-2021
- In Jammu and Kashmir, Lieutenant Governor, Manoj Sinha on 28 October 2021 inaugurated a two-day long Apple Festival-2021 at Sher-e-Kashmir International Convention Centre (SKICC) at Srinagar.
- The apple of J&K contributes to 87% of the national production with an annual production of more than 2.2 million metric tonnes and is linked to the livelihood of about 30 % of the population of J&K.
AIIB, ADB to co-finance USD 2 billion loans for the fight against Covid
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) and the Asian Development (ADB) will co-finance a USD 2 billion loan for India to procure COVID-19 vaccines under ADB’s Asia Pacific Vaccine Access Facility (APVAX).
- AIIB is considering providing USD 500 million and ADB is expected to finance USD 1.5 bn.
- The AIIB has also granted USD 1.75 billion to India for the COVID-19 relief budget support.
President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurates housing scheme in Gujarat
- President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated a housing scheme for economically weaker sections (EWS) at Bhavnagar on 29 October 2021.
- He handed over 1,088 houses built for the economically weaker sections under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- State govt officials gave a presentation about the ongoing housing projects under the PM Awas Yojana.
- He was on a 2-day visit to Gujarat from 28 Oct 2021.
Bosnia and Herzegovina: Poorest country in Europe
- Bosnia and Herzegovina is the poorest country in Europe.
- The unemployment rate alone is 40%.
- It is the third-highest level in the world after Djibouti and Congo.
- Albania is at second, while North Macedonia is at third.
- Serbia, Montenegro, and Bulgaria are at fourth, fifth, and sixth places respectively.
- The overview of the economically weakest regions was made by ‘WirtschaftsWoche’.
Brahmaputra Mail: 1st passenger train to run on electric traction
- The first passenger train to run entirely on electric traction in northeast region arrived at Kamakhya station in Guwahati, Assam on 28 October 2021.
- The train No. 05956 Delhi-Kamakhya (Brahmaputra) Mail Special covered more than 2000 km on electric traction.
- Earlier on October 21, 2021, the Northeast Frontier Railway ran its first parcel train on electric traction up to Kamakhya station.
Rohan Jaitley appointed President of DDCA after the elections
- Rohan Jaitley defeated senior advocate Vikas Singh to be re-elected as President of the Delhi and Districts Cricket Association (DDCA).
- Siddharth Verma claimed the Secretary’s post by defeating Vinod Tihara for the position.
- Shashi Khanna retained her Vice-President’s post.
- DDCA is the governing body of Cricket activities in the Delhi state of India and the Delhi cricket team.
RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das’s tenure extended for 3 more years
- The government has extended the term of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Shaktikanta Das by another three years upto December 2024.
- Das was appointed the RBI’s 25th governor on December 11, 2018, initially for a period of three years.
- Before his appointment at the central bank, he served as a member of the 15th finance commission and also as India’s G20 Sherpa.
BRICS Joint Statistical Publication, JSP Snapshot released
- The 13th Meeting of Heads of National Statistical Offices of BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) Countries was held virtually under the Chairship of India on 28 Oct 2021.
- During the meeting, the Joint Statistical Publication (JSP) 2021 and JSP Snapshot 2021 for BRICS Countries were released.
- The theme of the meeting was NSOs efforts in monitoring Sustainable Development Goals.
6th edition of National Formulary of India launched by Health Minister
- Health Minister Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya on 28 October 2021 launched the 6th edition of the National Formulary of India (NFI) to promote rational use of medicines in the country.
- Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission has published the NFI.
- NFI will act as a guidance document for all the healthcare professionals such as clinicians, pharmacists, nurses and dentists.
RBI approves appointment of Baldev Prakash as J&K Bank MD & CEO
- The Reserve Bank of India has approved the appointment of Baldev Prakash as Jammu & Kashmir Bank’s Managing Director and CEO from 2022.
- He has been appointed for a period of three years from the date of taking charge or April 10, 2022, whichever is earlier.
- Presently, RK Chhibber is the Chairman and Managing Director of J&K Bank, who assumed charge of the bank in June 2019.
Facebook to rebrand company as Meta in focus on the metaverse
- Facebook Inc. Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg has announced that the would change its name to Meta.
- This is being done to reflect growth opportunities beyond its namesake social-media platform in online digital realms known as the metaverse.
- The metaverse refers broadly to the idea of a shared virtual environment which can be accessed by people using different devices.
Odisha Chief Minister launches world’s 1st FIFA For School Programme
- Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS), Bhubaneswar has launched the world’s first-ever FIFA Football for School Programme
- Naveen Patnaik, CM of Odisha virtually launched the Programme on 27 Oct’21.
- Football for Schools (F4S) is an ambitious worldwide programme run by FIFA, which aims to contribute to the education, development and empowerment of around 700 million children.
Sri Lanka’s Eshani Lokusuriyage retires from international cricket
- Sri Lankan cricketer Eshani Lokusuriyage has retired from international cricket.
- Eshani, who made her international debut in 2005, played 89 ODIs and 68 T20 internationals.
- She struck five fifties in ODIs, with the highest score of 65, and took 49 wickets in the format.
- She also has 36 wickets in T20 internationals.
- She last played for Sri Lanka in 2018.
Chennai – Mysore Shatabdi Express becomes 1st IMS certified train
- Chennai – Mysore – Chennai Shatabdi Express has become the first Integrated Management Systems (IMS) certified train of Southern Railway.
- It has also become the first Shatabdi of Indian Railways and the second mail/express train on Indian Railways.
- The service is the first ISO 9001:2001 certified train in Southern Railway (obtained on 19th June 2007).
@Top Current Affairs 29th October 2021
#Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-