Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 27th October 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 27th October 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
75th Infantry Day: 27 October 2021
- Indian Army celebrated 75th Infantry Day on 27 October 2021.
- It was on this day in 1947 when the First Battalion of the Sikh Regiment reached Srinagar airbase and exhibited extraordinary courage and determination for a fight which is still remembered.
- The Sikh Regiment prevented India from the Pakistan Army, who had entered Kashmir with the help of tribal raiders in the year 1947.
World Day for Audiovisual Heritage: 27 October
- The World Day for Audiovisual Heritage (WDAH) is celebrated on October 27 every year.
- The day is a commemoration of the adoption of the Recommendation for the Safeguarding and Preservation of Moving Images by the 21st General Conference, in 1980.
- The theme for the year 2021 is “Your Window to the World“.
- The day raises awareness to acknowledge the importance of audiovisual documents.
World Occupational Therapy Day: 27 October
- World Occupational Therapy Day is observed every year on 27 October.
- It was first launched on 27th October 2010.
- The World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT) is the international voice of the occupational therapy profession which globally comprises of 101 national occupational therapy professional organisations.
- The theme for 2021 is “Belong. Be You”.
HDFC, India Post Payments Bank tie-up to offer home loans
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has tied up with HDFC Limited to offer home loans to nearly 4.7 crore customers of IPPB.
- An MoU on the strategic alliance was signed between IPPB and HDFC Ltd on 25 Oct 2021.
- As per the MoU, credit, technical and legal appraisals, processing, and disbursement for all home loans will be handled by HDFC Ltd while IPPB will be responsible for sourcing of loans.
Free education for those with family income less than Rs 1.80 lakh
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar has announced free education for those whose verified family income is less than Rs. 1.80 lakh per annum.
- Free of cost education will be given under the state government’s Parivar Pehchan Patra scheme.
- He announced this while interacting with students who have cracked the civil services exam 2020 and JEE Advanced 2021 under Haryana’s Super 100 Programme.
Syed Sultan Ahmed receives the National film award for the 7th time
- Noted filmmaker and LXL Ideas MD and Chief Learner, Syed Sultan Ahmed’s short film ‘Apples and Oranges’ has won the National Film Award for the Best Educational Film.
- This is the seventh film produced by Syed Sultan Ahmed to be awarded the National Film Award.
- Prior to this, he received national awards for ‘Best Friends Forever’ (2015), ‘Little Magicians’ (2016), and ‘The Waterfall’ (2016).
Eigi Kona receives Rajat Kamal for best regional Manipuri feature film
- Eigi Kona (Stallone My Pony) has been conferred the Rajat Kamal for the best regional Manipuri Feature Film at 67th National Film Awards held at Bigyan Bhavan.
- The film is produced by K Sushila and directed by Maipaksana Haorongbam and Bobby Wahengbam.
- The film highlights the sorry state of ponies and polo players in the birthplace of polo.
Indian-origin Anita Anand appointed as Canada’s new Defence Minister
- Indian-origin Canadian politician Anita Anand was on 26 October 2021 appointed as Canada’s new Defence Minister in a Cabinet reshuffle by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
- She earlier served as the Minister of Public Services and Procurement.
- Anand will replace long-time Defence Minister Indian-origin Harjit Sajjan.
- Sajjan has been appointed as Minister of International Development Agency.
ICICI Bank surpasses HUL to occupy 5th spot in market cap
- Private sector lender ICICI Bank on 25 October 2021. crossed the market capitalization of Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) to become the fifth-largest company by market value.
- According to BSE data, ICICI Bank’s market capitalization (m-cap) stood at ₹5.83 lakh crore, just above HUL’s ₹5.76 lakh crore.
India notifies traffic management policy for drones
- India has notified a traffic management policy framework for National Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) or drones.
- It will allow both private and public service providers to manage drone traffic in the country.
- This policy framework shall allow third-party service providers to deploy highly automated, algorithm-driven software services for managing drone traffic across the country.
Centre govt to set up Asia’s first container-based mobile hospitals
- In a first in Asia, India will develop container-based mobile hospitals that can be moved by rail or air to address a health emergency.
- This was informed by the Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare Mansukh Mandaviya.
- The provision will be under the Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission.
- The two hospitals will be kept ready at all times.
NSDC collaborates with global partners to launch Skill Impact Bond
- The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) has collaborated with HRH Prince Charles’s British Asian Trust, Michael & Susan Dell Foundation (MSDF), The Children’s Investment Fund Foundation, HSBC India, JSW Foundation, and Dubai Cares.
- It has launched the first-of-its-kind Impact Bond for Skilling.
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is its technical partner.
16th East Asia Summit to be held on 27 October 2021
- PM Modi will attend the 16th East Asia Summit to be held on October 27, 2021, virtually.
- The East Asia Summit is the premier Leaders-led forum in the Indo-Pacific.
- Apart from the 10 ASEAN Member states, East Asia Summit includes India, China, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Australia, New Zealand, the United States, and Russia.
- India, being a founding member of the East Asia Summit.
Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue commences from October 27 for 3 days
- The apex international annual conference of the Indian Navy, Indo-Pacific Regional Dialogue (IPRD) is going to be held as a three-day online event from 27-29 Oct 2021.
- The Dialogue is being held every year since 2018.
- This time it will focus on eight specific sub-themes under the broad theme of “ Evolution in Maritime Strategy during the 21st century: Imperatives, Challenges and way ahead”.
India, ADB sign $4.5 million loans to support urban mobility in Mizoram
- The central government and the Asian Development Bank have signed a $4.5 million project readiness financing (PRF) loan.
- It has been signed to support project preparation and design activities to improve urban mobility in Aizawl, the capital city of Mizoram.
- The project, being developed through the PRF, seeks to resolve transport problems by adopting sustainable urban mobility solutions.
Amazon signs a deal with Verizon for launching satellites
- Amazon.com Inc. has struck a deal to use Verizon Communications Inc.’s network to link up its thousands-strong planned fleet of satellites.
- Jeff Bezos has committed $10 billion to satellite subsidiary Kuiper Systems LLC, which plans to launch 3,236 satellites into low-earth orbit to provide broadband internet access.
RBI slaps ₹90 lakh fine on Vasai Vikas Sahakari Bank
- The RBI has imposed a penalty of ₹90 lakh on Vasai Vikas Sahakari Bank Ltd.
- It has been fined for non-compliance with certain directions, including on classification of loans as NPAs, and other directions.
- RBI has also imposed a monetary penalty of Rs 7 lakh on The Citizens Urban Co-operative Bank, Jalandhar, Punjab for “non-adherence with/violation” of certain directions.
India among world’s top 10 for climate tech investment: Report
- India ranks ninth in the list of top 10 countries for climate technology investment over the past five years and Indian climate tech firms received $1 bn in venture capital funding from 2016-2021.
- This was stated in a new report released on 26 Oct’21.
- The report by London & Partners and Dealroom.Co is titled ‘Five Years On: Global climate tech investment trends since the Paris Agreement.
SBI General Insurance collaborates with Google Pay
- SBI General has announced its technological collaboration with Google Pay.
- It will enable users to buy SBI General’s health insurance on the Google Pay app in a quick and hassle-free way.
- The collaboration also marks Google Pay’s first such alliance with an insurer in the country and will make health insurance available to customers on Google Pay Spot.
Future Generali India Insurance ties-up with Bank of India
- Future Generali India Insurance (FGII) has entered into a bancassurance tie-up with the Bank of India (BoI) for further penetration of its general insurance products.
- Through this alliance, FGII will offer its wide array of best-in-class and innovative insurance solutions to 5,084 Bank of India branches spread across 28 states and 8 Union Territories.
Goa launches initiative for free breast cancer screening for women
- Free breast cancer screening will be done for 1 lakh women in Goa under the initiative ‘Swasth Mahila, Swasth Goa’.
- The initiative has been launched by cricketer Yuvraj Singh’s YouWeCan Foundation in partnership with SBI foundation, state government.
- This will ensure that 50% of the age-eligible female population is screened.
- Free treatment will be provided for all positive patients.
Odisha to set up 34 children-friendly police stations across the state
- The Odisha government has decided to set up 34 children-friendly police stations in the state.
- All of these police stations will have special facilities for children.
- They will have special logos and plaques, as well as small libraries for children.
- In August 2021, Odisha became the first state to launch the ‘Let’s Read’ campaign, which aims to make police stations more children-friendly.
101st birth anniversary of K.R Narayan observed on 27 October 2021
- 10th President of India K.R. Narayan’s 101st birth anniversary was observed on 27 October 2021.
- Elected as the ninth Vice President in 1992, Narayanan went on to become the President in 1997.
- He was also the first member of the Dalit community to hold the post.
- Kocheril Raman Narayanan was born on October 27, 1920 at Perumthanam, Uzhavoor in Kerala.
- He passed away in November 2005.
Delhi Cabinet approves addition of Ayodhya in free pilgrimage scheme
- The Delhi Cabinet has approved the addition of Ayodhya in its free pilgrimage scheme for senior citizens of the city.
- Senior citizens of Delhi can now visit Ayodhya and offer prayers at Shri Ram Janmabhoomi for free.
- Under the Mukhya Mantri Teerth Yatra Yojana, the Delhi government bears complete expenditure on the free pilgrimage of senior citizens to places like Shirdi, Mathura, etc.
Gandhian Subba Rao passes away in October 2021
- Veteran Gandhian leader Salem Nanjudaiah Subba Rao passed away in October 2021.
- He was famous for his ‘Shramdan’ (voluntary contribution of labour) activities and camps.
- He was arrested at the age of 13 for participating in the Quit India Movement.
- He has been awarded the Padma Shri, Mahatma Gandhi Seva Award, Shanti Doot International Award, Anuvrat Ahimsa Award, etc.
Finance Minister participates in the annual meeting of AIIB
- Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman participated in the 6th Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) on 26 October 2021.
- It was jointly organized by AIIB and the Government of the UAE on the theme of “Investing Today and Transforming Tomorrow”.
- India is a founding member and the second-largest shareholder in AIIB.
India lost $87 billion in 2020 due to natural calamities: WMO
- Natural disasters, such as cyclones, floods and droughts, have cost India around $87 billion in 2020, according to a report by World Meteorological Organization (WMO).
- India was the second most affected nation after China, which lost $238 billion in 2020.
- The report is titled ‘State of the Climate in Asia’.
- Asia suffered its hottest year on record in 2020.
JSW, Judo Federation sign MoU to develop the sport in India
- The Judo Federation of India (JFI) and privately held firm Inspire Institute of Sport (IIS) by JSW Group have signed an MoU.
- It would help the institute become a partner of JFI for a period of three years.
- Under the agreement, IIS will provide access to its campus in Bellary, Karnataka, and sports science expertise for the identified cadet, junior, and elite Indian judokas to the JFI.
Chief of the General Staff of the British Army on 4-day visit to India
- The Chief of the General Staff of the British Army, General Sir Mark Carleton-Smith is on a four-day visit to India from 26 October 2021.
- He laid a wreath at National War Memorial and received a Guard of Honour at the South Block.
- He called on Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat and exchanged views on further strengthening bilateral defence cooperation between India and UK.
India, Kyrgyzstan hold first strategic dialogue in New Delhi
- The first India-Kyrgyzstan Strategic Dialogue between the National Security Council Secretariats was held on 26 October 2021 in New Delhi.
- The Indian side was led by National Security Adviser Ajit Doval and the Kyrgyz side was led by Secretary of Security Council Lieutenant General Marat Imankulov.
- Both agreed upon steps to enhance bilateral security cooperation between the relevant bodies.
PM Modi to attend 18th ASEAN-India Summit virtually on 28 October 2021
- PM Narendra Modi will attend the 18th ASEAN-India Summit to be held virtually on 28 Oct 2021, at the invitation of Sultan of Brunei.
- It will be attended by Heads of State/Government of the ASEAN Countries.
- The summit will review the status of ASEAN-India Strategic Partnership.
- ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) is an economic union comprising 10 member states in Southeast Asia.