Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 28th October 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 28th October 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
International Animation Day: 28 October
- Every year on 28 October, International Animation Day (IAD) is marked and celebrated across the world.
- On this day, in the year 1892, the birth of animation took place as the first public performance of projected moving images at the renowned Emile Reynaud’s Theatre Optique in the city of Paris.
- IAD was proclaimed in the year 2002 by the International Animated Film Association (ASIFA).
Narayan Rane Launches “SAMBHAV” National Level Awareness Programme
- Union Minister of MSME Narayan Rane launched “SAMBHAV”, a National Level Awareness Programme-2021 in New Delhi on 27 October 2021.
- It is being organized by the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises.
- During the campaign, the college students will be made aware of the various schemes being implemented by the Ministry of MSME through audio/video film presentations.
Center govt reconstitutes 7 member EAC-PM for two year period
- Government has reconstituted the seven-member Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM).
- Former RBI deputy governor Rakesh Mohan, IIM-Ahmedabad professor TT Ram Mohan and NCAER director-general Poonam Gupta were appointed as new part-time members.
- It has dropped economist V. Anantha Nageswaran from the council.
- The new council has been reconstituted for a period of two years.
Union Civil Aviation Minister releases Krishi UDAN 2.0
- Union Minister of Civil Aviation Jyotiraditya Scindia released Krishi UDAN 2.0.
- The scheme proposes to facilitate and incentivize the movement of Agri-produce by air transportation.
- The Krishi UDAN 2.0 will be implemented at 53 airports across the country mainly focusing on Northeast and tribal regions and is likely to benefit farmers, freight forwarders, and airlines.
China successfully launches satellite from the solid-fuel carrier rocket
- China on 27 October 2021, successfully launched an optical remote sensing satellite from a low-cost small, solid-fuel carrier rocket named Kuaizhou-1A (KZ-1A).
- It was launched from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in the northwestern Gansu Province.
- Jilin-1 Gaofen 02F is an optical remote sensing satellite that can provide high-resolution images and high-speed data transmission.
Zimbabwe’s Dangarembga receives German Peace Prize
- Zimbabwean writer and filmmaker Tsitsi Dangarembga has won the prestigious German Peace Prize.
- She is the first Black woman to win the Peace Prize of the German Book Trade, which is endowed with $29,100 and has been awarded since 1950.
- Dangarembga is known for her works including the bestselling novel, “Nervous Conditions” and its sequel, “This Mournable Body.”
Fabio Quartararo wins the 2021 MotoGP World Championship
- Fabio Quartararo of Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP is the 2021 MotoGP World Champion with 267 points.
- Round 16 of the 2021 MotoGP season came to an end at Misano, Italy in October 2021.
- Francesco Bagnaia Ducati Lenovo Team is second with 202 points.
- Johann Zarco Pramac Racing is third with 152 points.
Siddhartha Lal reappointed Eicher Motors MD for 5 years
- Eicher Motors Ltd has reappointed Siddharth Lal as the Managing Director of the company for five years, starting May 1, 2021.
- The ordinary resolution to approve payment of remuneration to Lal as the MD was also approved via postal ballot.
- Eicher Motors Limited is an Indian multinational automotive company.
- Eicher is the parent company of Royal Enfield.
Google, MeitY Startup Hub collaborate to help Indian startups
- Google and MeitY Startup Hub, an initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), have partnered to launch Appscale Academy.
- It will help Indian startups build high-quality apps.
- Under the Appscale Academy program, 100 startups will get trained through a customized curriculum, including virtual instructor-led webinars, self-learning material.
ADB, India Ink $100 Million Loan Deal For Agribusiness Development
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India have signed a $100 million loan.
- It has been signed to promote an agribusiness network to boost farm incomes and reduce food losses in Maharashtra.
- ADB will provide a $500,000 technical assistance (TA) grant from its Technical Assistance Special Fund and $2 million from the Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction.
K.V. Kamath appointed as NaBFID chairperson
- The central government has appointed veteran banker K V Kamath as the Chairperson of the newly set up ₹20,000-crore development finance institution (DFI), National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development (NaBFID).
- He retired as Managing Director and CEO of ICICI Bank in April 2009 and became its non-executive Chairman.
- He was also the first head of the New Development Bank (NDB).
India successfully test-fires ballistic missile Agni-5
- India successfully test-fired surface-to-surface ballistic missile Agni-5, on 27 October 2021.
- The missile, which uses 3-stage solid-fuelled engine, is capable of striking targets at ranges up to 5,000 km with a very high degree of accuracy.
- It was launched from APJ Abdul Kalam Island off the Odisha coast.
- Developed by DRDO, Agni-5 is a nuclear-capable intercontinental ballistic missile.
ICGS ‘Sarthak’ commissioned and dedicated to the nation
- The indigenously built India Coast Guard Ship ‘Sarthak’ was commissioned and dedicated to the nation at Goa on 28 October 2021.
- The 105-meter long ship is propelled by two 9100 kilowatt diesel engines designed to attain a maximum speed of 26 knots.
- ‘Sarthak’ is the fourth in the series of 5 Offshore Patrol Vessels being built by Goa Shipyard for the Indian Coast Guard.
Fran Wilson announces retirement from international cricket
- England middle-order batter Fran Wilson has announced her decision to retire from international cricket.
- She played 64 internationals and was part of the World Cup-winning squad in 2017.
- Her highest score in ODI came in 2019, with a 49-ball 85 against Pakistan.
- Wilson will continue to play the Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy, the Charlotte Edwards Cup as well as The Hundred, though.
IndiGo, Kotak Mahindra Bank tie-up for co-branded credit card Ka-ching
- IndiGo and Kotak Mahindra Bank have announced a strategic partnership for ab co-randed credit card, Ka-ching, under the 6E Rewards programme.
- Scheduled to be launched in Nov 2021, the co-branded card will be available in two variants– 6E Rewards and 6E Rewards XL.
- The credit card will allow customers to accrue accelerated 6E Rewards on their spending and redeem these points for tickets.
Isha Ambani was appointed to the board of trustees of Smithsonian’s Museum
- Isha Ambani has been appointed to the Board of Trustees of Smithsonian’s National Museum of Asian Art, for a four-year term beginning September 23, 2021.
- The Smithsonian’s National Museum of Asian Art is part of the Smithsonian Institution, the world’s largest museum, education and research complex, based in the US.
- The Smithsonian’s has a 17-member Board of Regents.
Bharti-backed OneWeb, Neom Tech form $200 mn JV for satellite network
- Bharti Group-backed satellite company OneWeb and Saudi Arabia’s Neom Tech and Digital Holding Company have signed a pact.
- They will form a $200 million joint venture to provide satellite-based services to Middle East and East African countries.
- OneWeb’s Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite constellation will be deployed to provide connectivity to enable Neom’s ecosystem of cognitive technologies.
Jana Bank appoints Subhash Khunti as part-time Chairman
- Jana Small Finance Bank Ltd has announced the appointment of Subhash C Khuntia as the bank’s part-time Chairman.
- A 1981-batch officer of the Indian Administrative Service, Khuntia was also Chairman of the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI).
- In the Government of Karnataka, he worked in the Departments of Finance, Revenue, Personnel, and Urban Development.
Max Life: First insurance firm to join account aggregator system
- Max Life Insurance Co. Ltd has joined the account aggregator (AA) framework introduced by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in September 2021.
- Max Life is the first insurer to do so.
- Max Life has collaborated with the non-banking finance company (NBFC) FinVu, which is also an AA, and Finarkein, a data analytics company, to join the network as a Financial Information User (FIU).
Climate Vulnerability Index published by CEEW on 26 October 2021
- The Climate Vulnerability Index (CVI) was published on 26 October 2021 by the Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW).
- It has found the states of Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka and Bihar to be those most vulnerable to extreme weather events.
- The report titled, ‘Mapping India’s Climate Vulnerability – A District-level Assessment,’ studied 640 districts around India.
Nag River revitalization project approved by EFC
- The Nag River revitalization project conceptualized by Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari has been approved by the Expenditure Finance Committee.
- It will be worth Rs 2117 cr.
- Three sewage treatment projects, a 500-kilometre sewerage network, a pumping station, and community toilets will be constructed, as part of the project.
- Nag river is situated in Nagpur.
Raipur hosting National Tribal Dance Festival from October 28 to 30
- The National Tribal Dance Festival is being held in Raipur from October 28-30, 2021.
- The festival is being organized under the tourism development plan of the Chhattisgarh government.
- It will host artists belonging to diverse tribal communities from countries, including Uzbekistan, Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Syria, Mali, Palestine, and the Kingdom of Eswatini.
J&K Administrative Council approves creation of four new courts
- Jammu and Kashmir Administrative Council has accorded approval for the creation of four courts of Additional District and Sessions Judges at district headquarters.
- One each would be created in districts Samba, Bandipora, Ganderbal, and Poonch.
- The council also approved the creation of 40 new posts of different categories (10 each) at the new court complexes in the 4 selected districts.
Karnataka Higher Education department signs MoU with Infosys
- The Karnataka Department of Collegiate and Technical Education signed an MoU with Infosys on 27 October 2021 in Bengaluru.
- The MoU will facilitate blended learning that will prepare the students for the Industry-specific courses and help them in their career growth.
- Infosys will set up a digital development program along with the required infrastructure by donating 15000 debonded computers.
Tamil Nadu CM M.K. Stalin launches ‘Education at your doorstep’ scheme
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K.Stalin launched a unique academic scheme, Education at your doorstep, on 27 Oct 2021 at Villupuram.
- He also released an app related to the scheme and the theme song.
- The scheme will be operational from 15th November 2021.
- Volunteers of the scheme will engage with students for one hour every evening in spaces that will be identified and opened in the community.
United States issues country’s first gender ‘X’ passport
- The US government on 27 October 2021 issued the first passport with the “X” gender designation for people who do not identify themselves as either male or female.
- This has been done in order to make the documents more inclusive for people who identify as nonbinary, intersex or gender-nonconforming.
- The department will be able to offer the option to all passport applicants by early 2022.
Astronomers spot the first possible exoplanet outside our galaxy
- Astronomers have found hints of what could be the first planet ever to be discovered outside the galaxy.
- The possible Saturn-sized planet discovered by Nasa’s Chandra X-Ray Telescope is in the Messier 51 galaxy.
- This is located some 28 million light-years away from the Milky Way.
- Nearly 5,000 “exoplanets” – worlds orbiting stars beyond our Sun – have been found so far.