Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 26th October 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 26th October 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
J&K’s Accession Day celebrated on 26 October
- Jammu and Kashmir’s Accession Day was celebrated on 26 October 2021.
- It was on this day in 1947 when the then Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir Hari Singh signed the Instrument of Accession to become part of the greatest democracy of the world.
- By executing this document under the provisions of the Indian Independence Act, 1947, Maharaja Hari Singh agreed to accede to the Dominion of India.
Sports Ministry upgrades 3 new facilities as KISCE
- The Sports Ministry has upgraded three new existing sports facilities across the country as Khelo India Sports Centres of Excellence (KISCE).
- The Guru Gobind Singh Sports College in Lucknow, the Chhatrasal Stadium in Delhi along with the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Chennai have been designated as KISCEs.
- The total number of KISCEs now stands at 27 across 26 states and Union Territories.
Rajinikanth launches India’s 1st voice-based social media app ‘Hoote’
- Rajinikanth on 25 October 2021 launched his daughter Soundarya’s voice-based social media platform – Hoote.
- It offers a 60-second live voice recording option or to upload a recorded voice in 15 Indian and 10 foreign languages, of choice.
- The app is India’s first voice-based social media platform for the world, from Chennai.
Culture Minister launches podcast on freedom movement
- Culture Minister G. Kishan Reddy on 25 Oct’21. launched a podcast series on the freedom struggle.
- The series, ‘Zara Yaad Karo Qurbani’, would focus on the people and movements that contributed to the freedom struggle, “some of which have not found a place in the freedom movement storyline.
- Episode one, titled ‘Kadam Kasam Badhayeja’, is based on the stories of the Indian National Army.
Kochi wins award for the city with the most sustainable transport system
- Kochi has bagged the ‘City with most sustainable transport system award’ instituted by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- The award will be presented on October 29, 2021, in Delhi.
- It has been awarded in recognition of the projects implemented — like Kochi Metro, Water Metro and e-mobility — to enhance the transport facilities in the city of Kochi.
Uzbekistan President Shavkat Mirziyoyev secures the second term
- Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev was re-elected for a second five-year term, on 24 October 2021.
- Mirziyoyev swept to victory with 80.1 per cent of the vote.
- He had taken the office in 2016 following the death of longtime President Islam Karimov.
- Previously he was the Prime Minister of Uzbekistan from 2003 to 2016.
India’s economic activity picked up 16.8% sequentially in the Sept quarter
- Economic activity improved by an average of 16.8% quarter-on-quarter sequentially in the September 2021 quarter after contracting 11% QoQ in the June quarter, according to the UBS-India Activity indicator.
- UBS has projected the Indian economy to grow at 9.5% in FY22.
- UBS has estimated the consolidated fiscal deficit of both centre and states to narrow to 9.8% of GDP.
BIMSTEC leaders give nod for ‘robust connectivity linkages’
- India and a group of South Asian and Southeast Asian nations are implementing connectivity projects to boost transport linkages between their regions.
- The projects worth $55.2 bn are at different stages of implementation.
- Leaders of Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) countries have given their approval for robust connectivity linkages.
Kerala CM inaugurates distribution of homoeopathic medicine
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on 25 October 2021 inaugurated the distribution of homeopathic medicine against Covid among children.
- The initiative of distributing Arsenicum Album 30 was as per the direction of the Union government’s AYUSH department.
- The medicine in strips of three tablets will be free for students aged between five and 17 years.
Sudan’s military takes power on 25 October 2021
- Sudan’s military seized power on 25 October 2021, dissolving the transitional government hours after troops arrested the Prime Minister.
- The head of the military, Gen. Abdel-Fattah Burhan has declared a state of emergency.
- The military will appoint a technocratic government to lead the country to elections, set for July 2023.
R K Singh launches Green Day Ahead Market to promote renewable energy
- Power Minister R K Singh launched the new market segment, Green Day Ahead Market (GDAM) on 25 October 2021.
- It will offer an opportunity to market participants to trade in green energy, in the most transparent, flexible, competitive, and efficient manner.
- Power System Operation Corporation (POSOCO) has set up the latest technologies and communication infrastructure for facilitating GDAM.
Parexel International Corp was acquired by Phoenix Parentco, Inc.
- The Competition Commission of India has approved the acquisition of Parexel International Corp.n by Phoenix Parentco, Inc.
- The proposed combination envisages acquisition of 100% of the equity shareholding of Parexel International Corporation by Phoenix Parentco, Inc.
- Parexel is headquartered in Durham, USA.
- It provides biopharmaceutical outsourcing services to biopharmaceutical companies.
National Steering Committee formed to implement NIPUN Bharat Mission
- A National Steering Committee (NSC) for implementation of the NIPUN Bharat Mission has been constituted on 25th October 2021.
- It has been constituted under the chairpersonship of the Union Education Minister, Dharmendra Pradhan.
- The National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy (NIPUN) Bharat Mission was launched on 5th July 2021.
Rajnath Singh chairs Ambassadors’ Round Table for DefExpo 2022
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh chaired the Ambassadors’ Round Table for DefExpo 2022, in New Delhi on October 25, 2021.
- The Round Table was aimed to brief the Ambassadors of foreign missions about the planning, arrangements and other details of DefExpo 2022.
- The 12th edition of DefExpo will be held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat between March 10-13, 2022.
India, Maldives ink MoU for exchange of public finance data
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India and Auditor General of Maldives have signed an MoU to strengthen the audit process of public finance.
- Both will develop and strengthen the respective institution’s professional capacity and improve methodologies in the field of audit of public finance.
- The MoU also aims at exchanging information in the field of public sector audit between them.
CCI approves HDFC Bank’s acquisition of 4.99% stake in HDFC ERGO
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved HDFC Bank’s acquisition of shareholding in HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited.
- The proposed combination involves acquisition of 4.99% of the outstanding equity share capital of the ERGO from Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC).
- Ergo is a joint venture between HDFC and ERGO International AG.
Vigilance Awareness Week: 26 October to 1 November
- Vigilance Awareness Week is observed from 26 October to 1 November to prevent and fight against corruption.
- The theme for the year 2021 is “Independent India @ 75: Self Reliance with Integrity”.
- The Central Vigilance Commission has the mandate under the Central Vigilance Commission Act, 2003 to fight corruption and to ensure integrity in public administration.
Disarmament Week: 24-30 October
- Disarmament Week is observed annually from 24-30 October.
- It promotes awareness and understanding of the issues of disarmament in several countries.
- The week aims to reduce the use of weapons, specifically nuclear weapons, to bring peace to society.
- The United Nations Disarmament Commission (UNDC) was set up in 1952 under the UN Security Council.
South Korea’s former President Roh Tae-woo passes away
- South Korea’s former President Roh Tae-woo passed away in October 2021.
- He served as President of South Korea from 1988 to 1993.
- He was a leader of the Democratic Justice Party and is known for passing the June 29 Declaration in 1987.
- He oversaw preparations for the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul, which he officially declared open.
Glenmark launches unique fixed-dose combination drug for diabetes
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals has become the first company in the world to launch a unique fixed-dose combination (FDC) drug for diabetes in India.
- It has introduced FDC of its novel, patent-protected Sodium-Glucose Co-Transporter Inhibitor (SGLT2i) – Remogliflozin Etabonate and another widely used DPP4 inhibitor (Dipeptidyl Peptidase 4 inhibitor) – Vildagliptin, with Metformin.
Kolkata port becomes first Indian port to introduce ROIP system
- The Radio over Internet Protocol (ROIP) System at Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port, Kolkata (SMP, Kolkata), was inaugurated on 25 October 2021.
- ROIP system is being introduced as a marine communication mode, for the first time in any major Indian port.
- It shall cover the entire Hugli River Estuary from Kolkata to Sandheads, having base stations at 4 locations.
Global Media and Information Literacy Week: 24-31 October
- Global Media and Information Literacy Week is being observed from 24-31 October 2021.
- The year 2021 will mark the 11th observance of the event is being hosted by South Africa.
- It is a major occasion for stakeholders to review and celebrate the progress achieved towards “Media and Information Literacy for All.”
- It was held for the first time in Fez, Morocco in 2011.
Liaison officer from Seychelles posted at Indian Navy’s IFC
- A liaison officer from Seychelles has been posted at the Indian Navy’s Information Fusion Centre (IFC).
- IFC has emerged as a key hub in tracking the movements of ships and other developments in the Indian Ocean.
- With the posting of the officer, Seychelles joined a select group of countries such as the UK, the US, Australia, Japan, and France to depute officials at the Gurgaon-based facility.
Sikkim bags India’s ‘Most Film Friendly State’ award
- Sikkim was awarded the ‘Most Film Friendly State’ of the country at the 67th National Film Awards.
- The award was received by the state’s Information and Public Relations Minister Lok Nath Sharma at Vigyan Bhavan in New Delhi on 25 October 2021 from Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu.
- Sikkim was recognized for standing out as a new destination for shooting films in the country.
Blue Origin, Boeing to develop a commercial space station
- Jeff Bezos-owned Blue Origin will develop a commercial space station called “Orbital Reef” with Boeing.
- It aims to launch the spacecraft in the second half of this decade.
- The venture will be built in partnership with Sierra Space, the spaceflight wing of defense contractor Sierra Nevada Corp, and will be backed by Redwire Space, Genesis Engineering Solutions and Arizona State University.
Ahmedabad and Lucknow: The two new teams of the IPL
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on 25 October 2021 unveiled Ahmedabad and Lucknow as the two new teams for the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022.
- The RPSG Group picked Lucknow with a winning bid of Rs 7090 crores while CVC Capital Partners have opted for Ahmedabad with a bid of Rs 5625 crores.
- The IPL 2022 season will comprise ten teams and will have 74 matches.
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari launches knowledge App, platform CUNSULT
- Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari has launched a knowledge app and platform CUNSULT.
- The app will be a forum for mentors to share their life experiences.
- It will allow people to learn from the wisdom which has been acquired over their lifetime.
- It is the first such global facility by which people can contact and call up experts in multiple sectors.