Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 6th October 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 6th October 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Electronic Pension Payment Order gets integrated with Digi Locker
- Department of Ex-servicemen welfare has integrated the Electronic Pension Payment Order (EPPO) with Digi Locker.
- EPPO is generated by Principal Controller of Defence Accounts PCDA Pension, Allahabad.
- The integration has been done in order to enhance ease of living of defence pensioners.
- It will enable all pensioners to obtain instantly the latest copy of the Pension Payment Order.
Russian film crew in orbit to make the first movie in space
- A Russian actor Yulia Peresild and a film director Klim Shipenko rocketed to space on a mission to make the world’s first movie in orbit.
- They blasted off for the International Space Station in a Russian Soyuz spacecraft together with cosmonaut Anton Shkaplerov on 5 October 2021.
- They will film segments of a new movie titled “Challenge”.
Noted Cartoonist Yesudasan passes away
- Noted Cartoonist Yesudasan passed away in October 2021.
- He was the former Chairman of Kerala Lalitha Kala Academy and was the founder Chairman of Kerala Cartoon Academy.
- He was felicitated with Lifetime Achievement Award by the Indian Institute of Cartoonists while the Kerala Government honoured him with the Swadeshabhimani Kesari Award for his contributions to the cartoon and media sector.
UNICEF’s publication ‘The State of the World’s Children 2021’ released
- Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya released UNICEF’s global flagship publication – “The State of the World’s Children 2021; On My Mind: promoting, protecting, and caring for children’s mental health.
- It was released in New Delhi on 5 October 2021.
- The report has found that around 14 percent of 15 to 24-year-olds in India, or 1 in 7, reported often feeling depressed.
NHA revises health benefits package of Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY
- The National Health Authority (NHA) has revised the Health Benefit Package of Ayushman Bharat -Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY).
- In the revised version of Health Benefit Package (HBP 2.2), rates of some health packages have been increased by 20% to 400%.
- Under medical management procedures, rates for ICU with ventilator has been revised by 100 percent.
US Dy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman on 3-day visit to India
- US Deputy Secretary of State Wendy Sherman arrived in New Delhi on 5 Oct’21 on a 3-day visit to India.
- She met Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla to review the India-U.S. bilateral agenda and outcomes of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s recent visit to the USA.
- She also participated in a special session of the India-Ideas Summit on 6 Oct’21 organized by the US India Business Council.
Commerce Ministry releases report on Industrial Park Rating System
- The Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry on 5 October 2021 launched the second edition of the Industrial Park Rating System.
- About 90 industrial parks, from States, including Karnataka and Tripura have been rated under the ‘challenger’ category, while 185 have been rated as ‘aspirers’.
- These ratings are assigned on the basis of key existing parameters and infrastructure facilities.
Emmvee signs MoU with Karnataka Government
- Emmvee has signed an MoU with the Karnataka government to set up an Rs 825 crore solar modules and cells manufacturing plant in the state.
- At 7,346 MW, Karnataka has the largest installed capacity of solar power in the country and is home to the biggest local plant.
- Solar energy plants meet about 20 percent of Karnataka’s daily power requirements.
Global warming destroyed 14% of the world’s corals: Report
- According to the largest ever coral health survey, global warming has wiped out 14 percent of the world’s coral reefs from 2009 to 2018.
- As per the report, coral reefs generate 2.7 trillion dollars in goods and services each year.
- The report titled “Status of Coral Reefs of the World: 2020” was released by the Global Coral Reef Monitoring Network (GCRMN) on 5 October 2021.
Delhi government launches advanced Green War Room app
- The Delhi government on 5 October 2021 launched an advanced Green War Room and Green App to address environmental issues in the national capital.
- It would look into the problems pertaining to 10 kinds of pollution throughout the winter season.
- Green War Room is a joint platform of 27 departments of Delhi and Central government and the Municipal Corporation.
India’s Artificial Intelligence market expected to touch $7.8 billion
- The Artificial Intelligence (AI) market in India is set to reach $7.8 billion by 2025 covering hardware, software, and services markets, a new report by International Data Corporation (IDC) showed on 5 October 2021.
- AI software segment will dominate the market and would grow from $2.8 billion in 2020 at a CAGR (compound annual growth rate) of 18.1 percent by the end of 2025.
Andhra government’s ‘Swechha’ programme to provide sanitary napkins
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy on 5 October 2021 launched the ‘Swechha’ program to tackle the stigma attached to menstruation, prioritize female personal hygiene.
- Under the program, branded sanitary napkins would be provided free of cost to girl students of government educational institutions.
- A total of 120 napkins per year is allotted to every female student.
UAE to launch probe targeting asteroid between Mars, Jupiter
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) on 5 October 2021 announced plans to send a probe to land on an asteroid between Mars and Jupiter.
- The objective of the probe is to collect data on the origins of the universe.
- A successful landing would see the UAE join an elite club of the European Union, Japan, and the United States, which have completed the feat.
Airtel conducts India’s first rural 5G trial
- Telecom operator Bharti Airtel and equipment maker Ericsson on 5 October 2021 has conducted India’s first 5G network trial in a rural location.
- The demonstration took place in Bhaipur Bramanan village on the outskirts of Delhi-NCR(National Capital Region).
- 5G is the next-generation network technology that enables connecting virtually everyone and everything together with low latency.
‘India’s first’ e-fish market app launched in Assam
- India’s first’ e-fish market application was launched in Assam on 5 October 2021 by Assam Fisheries Minister Parimal Suklabaidya.
- The app ‘Fishwaale’ would provide a one-stop solution for aquaculture.
- It would help both buyers and sellers to place orders and sell fish, aquaculture equipment and medicine, fish feed, and fish seed online.
Trio win physics Nobel for work deciphering chaotic climate
- Syukuro Manabe, Klaus Hasselmann, and Giorgio Parisi won the 2021 Nobel Prize in Physics on 5 October 2021.
- One-half of the 10-million Swedish crown prize went to Manabe and Hasselmann, for modeling the earth’s climate and reliably predicting global warming.
- The other half went to Parisi for discovering “hidden rules” behind seemingly random movements and swirls in gases or liquids.
Heli-borne survey technology for groundwater management launched
- Minister of Earth Sciences Dr Jitendra Singh launched state-of-the-art Heli-borne survey technology for groundwater management on 6 October 2021.
- It has been developed by CSIR-NGRI (National Geophysical Research Institute) Hyderabad.
- Rajasthan, Gujarat, Punjab, and Haryana are being taken up for this latest heli-borne survey and the beginning was made from Jodhpur in Rajasthan.
Moody’s upgrades India outlook to ‘stable’ from ‘negative’
- Rating agency Moody’s Investors Service has upgraded India’s sovereign rating outlook to ‘stable’ from ‘negative’.
- It retained India’s rating at Baa3, reflecting the lowest investment-grade rating.
- It expects 2021-22 to record a 9.3% growth in GDP, followed by 7.9% next year.
- In June 2020, Moody’s had downgraded India’s sovereign rating to Baa3 from Baa2 with a negative outlook.
BSE Technologies get the nod to set up and operate TReDS
- BSE Technologies has received in-principle approval from RBI to set up and operate Trade Receivables Discounting System (TReDS), under the Payments and Settlement Systems Act, 2007.
- BSE Technologies is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BSE which provides IT solutions.
- TReDS is an electronic platform that facilitates financing or discounting of trade receivables of MSMEs.
Federal Bank partners with CredAvenue for securitisation platform
- Federal Bank has tied up with CredAvenue for the portfolio management of its securitization book.
- It has also implemented CredPool – an institutional debt platform of CredAvenue.
- This arrangement will help digitally monitor the bank’s asset-backed securities (ABS) and mortgage-backed securities (MBS) pool assets more efficiently enabled by CredPool.
Axis Bank: 1st private bank to do a term SOFR trade finance deal
- Axis Bank has become 1st Indian private sector bank to arrange a term Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR) linked trade financing deal.
- The transaction was executed for Hindalco Industries Ltd, the world’s largest aluminium company by revenue, and linked to 90-day SOFR financed by Axis Bank’s GIFT City IBU branch.
- The bank’s GIFT City branch has built a loan book of over $1 bn as on date.
Aishwary Tomar wins gold in Junior World championship
- Shooter Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar smashed the world record in the final to win gold in the men’s 50m rifle 3 positions event at the ISSF junior world championships.
- He equalled the junior world record score of 1185 in qualification to top the field on 4 October 2021.
- He then bettered the junior world record in the final with a score of 463.4.
- Frenchman Lucas Kryz won the silver medal.
Hockey India withdraws from 2022 Birmingham CWG
- India on 5 October 2021, pulled out of the 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games’ hockey competition.
- It cited COVID-19 concerns and UK’s discriminatory quarantine rules for travellers from the country.
- The decision came a day after England’s withdrawal from the junior men’s World Cup in Bhubaneswar over similar reasons.
Rail Vikas Nigam Limited inks MoU with Tata Steel
- Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) has entered into an agreement with Tata Steel Ltd for the implementation of various infrastructure projects.
- The latest agreement is in connection with the implementation of infrastructure projects either on a nomination basis as deposit work or through the special purpose vehicle (SPV) route.
- RVNL mainly deals in providing infrastructure for Indian Railways.
Central Bank of India enters co-lending partnership with lIFL
- Central Bank of India has entered into a strategic co-lending partnership with IIFL Home Finance Ltd.
- It will offer SME LAP (loans against property) loan products under priority sector to MSME borrowers.
- Under this arrangement, lIFL Home Finance Ltd. will originate and process loans as per jointly formulated credit parameters and eligibility criteria.
USIBC presents 2021 Global Leadership Humanitarian Awards
- The US-India Business Council (USIBC) has announced the 2021 Global Leadership Humanitarian Awards.
- It will be presented to top leaders of Accenture, IBM, and Microsoft, for forming the Global Task Force on Pandemic Response (GTF) that helped India fight the second wave of covid-19.
- Julie Sweet, Arvind Krishna, and Brad Smith would be awarded during the India Ideas Summit in October 2021.
Google launches GNI Advertising Lab
- Google has announced the launch of its Google News Initiative Advertising Lab.
- It will support small and medium-sized news publishers producing original news for local and regional communities in India.
- The program will select up to 800 small to medium news publishers and work closely with a select subset to guide them through the optimization/setup of their content management systems.
Cabinet approves setting up seven mega integrated textile parks
- The union cabinet has approved a proposal for setting up seven mega integrated textile parks in order to generate employment and attract investments for the sector.
- The PM Mega Integrated Textile Region and Apparel (PM MITRA) parks will be set up with a total outlay of Rs 4,445 cr over 5 years.
- The decision is inspired by 5F vision of PM Modi – Farm to Fibre to Factory to Fashion to Foreign.
Nobel Prize in Chemistry awarded to Benjamin List, David WC MacMillan
- Nobel Prize in Chemistry has been awarded to Benjamin List and David WC MacMillan for the development of asymmetric organocatalysis.
- They developed a precise new tool for molecular construction, which had a great impact on pharmaceutical research.
- The 2020 Nobel in Chemistry was awarded jointly to Emmanuelle Charpentier and Jennifer A. Doudna for development of a method for genome editing.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month: 1-31 October
- The Breast Cancer Awareness Month is observed every year from 1-31 October.
- It aims to increase awareness of the disease and to raise funds for research into its cause, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure.
- In 1993 Evelyn Lauder, Senior Corporate Vice President of the Estée Lauder Companies, founded the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and established the pink ribbon as its symbol.
ITCA, Bengaluru launches 75 Students’ Satellites Consortium
- Indian Technology Congress Association (ITCA) Bengaluru has initiated an ambitious program to commemorate the 75 years of India’s Independence.
- It has launched 75 Students’ Satellites Consortium: Mission 2022.
- Under this, a consortium of 75 students will build satellites to be launched by ISRO.
- ITCA focuses on building synergies between academia, industry and research organizations.
Tamil Nadu Government sets up a welfare Board for Tamil repatriates
- Tamil Nadu government has set up a welfare board for Tamil repatriates.
- It would be set up at a cost of Rs 5 crore and an annual amount of Rs.3 crore will be allocated to the board.
- A separate database would be created with all the details.
- January 12th will be celebrated as World Tamil Repatriates day in coordination with more than 60 Tamil associations existing all over the world.
Fire-Boltt announces Virat Kohli as its brand ambassador
- Fire-Boltt has announced the appointment of Virat Kohli as its new brand ambassador.
- Kohli will participate in different marketing, advertisement, and endorsement campaigns of the homegrown brand.
- Fire-Boltt is a wearable, gaming, and audio brand offering premium quality audio, fitness, and fashion products.
- It was founded by Arnav Kishore and Aayushi Kishore.
India-Japan maritime exercise JIMEX being held from 6 October 2021
- The fifth edition of India-Japan Maritime Bilateral Exercise (JIMEX) will be held in the Arabian Sea from October 6 to 8, 2021.
- The special focus would be on maritime security cooperation.
- JIMEX, a series of maritime exercises that commenced in January 2012, is conducted by the Indian Navy and the Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force.
- The last edition of JIMEX was conducted in September 2020.
The first consignment of Mihidana exported to Bahrain
- The first consignment of GI tagged sweet dish Mihidana from Bardhaman West Bengal has been exported to Bahrain.
- GI tag is a sign denoting the specific geographical origin and possesses qualities or a reputation that are due to that origin.
- The consignment was exported by D M Enterprises, Kolkata and imported by Aljazira Group, Bahrain.
Indian parliamentary delegation led by Om Birla leaves for Rome
- An Indian parliamentary delegation led by Lok Sabha speaker Om Birla left for Rome on 6 October 2021 to attend the G20 Parliamentary Speakers Summit.
- Lok Sabha Speaker will participate in Session -1 on the theme “Response to the Social and Employment crisis caused by the pandemic”.
- The overall theme of the summit is Parliaments for People, Planet and Prosperity.