Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 3rd October 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 3rd October 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Healthgiri Awards 2021 announced
- The India Today Healthgiri Awards 2021 were presented in Delhi on Gandhi Jayanti to salute the spirit of corona warriors who have led the battle against the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Lok Nayak Hospital, Delhi was awarded the Best Government Hospital Combating Covid-19.
- Karnataka was awarded Best State Combating Covid-19.
- Gujarat and Kerala received Best Vaccination Drive By A State.
J&K LG inaugurates ‘Retreat Ceremony’ on India-Pak Border in Jammu
- In Jammu and Kashmir, in a historic event, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on 2 Oct 2021 inaugurated Retreat Ceremony at Octroi Post in Suchet Garh on the India-Pak international border.
- It was inaugurated on the auspicious occasion of the birth anniversaries of Gandhiji and Lal Bahadur Shastri.
- The initiative is by the Border Security Force (BSF).
@Top Current Affairs 3rd October 2021
#Top Current Affairs 3rd October 2021
India wins bronze medal in Asian Table Tennis Championships
- The Indian men’s team, comprising Sharath Kamal, Sathiyan Gnanasekaran and Harmeet Desai, settled for the bronze medal at the Asian Table Tennis Championships 2021 in Doha, Qatar on 1 October 2021.
- They lost to South Korea in the semi-finals.
- The Indian women’s team of Sutirtha Mukherjee, Archana Girish Kamath and Sreeja Akula, meanwhile, secured a fifth-place.
Facebook launches creator education and enablement programme in India
- Facebook has launched its largest creator education and enablement programme in India.
- It will provide content creators on its platform and Instagram an opportunity to learn, earn, and grow their communities.
- It will provide live masterclasses with experts and the latest information on trends.
- At the end of the course, the participants will receive a course completion letter.
LIFE receives 2021 Right Livelihood Award
- Delhi-based environmental organisation Legal Initiative for Forest and Environment (LIFE) has received the 2021 Right Livelihood Award.
- It has been awarded for its “grassroots approach of empowering vulnerable communities to protect their livelihoods and claim their right to a clean environment.”
- Other awardees include Marthe Wandou, Vladimir Slivyak, and Freda Huson.
India’s first National Security Advisor Brajesh Mishra passes away
- Brajesh Chandra Mishra, India’s most powerful Principal Secretary to a Prime Minister, passed away in September 2021.
- Mishra was the first National Security Advisor and Principal Secretary to former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- Born on September 29, 1928, Mishra was the son of former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Dwarka Prasad Mishra, who belonged to the Congress.
Bhupender Yadav launches ‘Wetlands of India’ Portal
- A web portal – ‘Wetlands of India Portal’ was launched by the Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Bhupender Yadav on 2 October 2021.
- It is a single point access to all information relating to wetlands.
- It has been developed under a technical cooperation project “Wetlands Management for Biodiversity and Climate Protection” of Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
MoU signed between RARI and Sikkim Manipal University
- Regional Ayurveda Research Institute (RARI) has signed an MoU with Sikkim Manipal University (SMU).
- It has been signed to conduct collaborative research in mutually identified areas and promote research activities.
- Both have also agreed on promotion and development of academic co-operation by jointly engaging in research and training programmes.
India-Sri Lanka Joint Military Exercise ‘Mitra Shakti’ from 4 October
- The 8th edition of India-Sri Lanka Joint Military Exercise ‘Mitra Shakti’ will be conducted in Sri Lanka from 4-15 October 2021.
- An all arms contingent of 120 personnel of the Indian Army will participate in the exercise along with a battalion of the Sri Lankan Army.
- The exercise will involve tactical level operations at sub-unit level in an international counter-insurgency environment.
IREDA signs MoU with NEEPCO for developing renewable energy projects
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) has inked an MoU with North Eastern Electric Power Corporation (NEEPCO).
- IREDA will help NEEPCO in developing an action plan to create and acquire renewable energy projects for the next five years.
- The MoU will contribute to achieving the govt’s target of reducing carbon emission to 33 per cent by 2030.
Mastercard names Magnus Carlsen global ambassador
- Magnus Carlsen has been named a Mastercard Global Brand Ambassador putting him in all-star line-up which includes Lionel Messi, Naomi Osaka, Crystal Dunn and Dan Carter.
- Magnus is the highest-rated chess player of all time and is a four-time World Chess Champion.
- In 2018, Mastercard became the first global sponsor of League of Legends Esports in a multi-year partnership with Riot Games.
Rohit Sharma becomes first to score 1000 runs against one team in IPL
- Rohit Sharma, representing Mumbai Indians became the first batter to score 1000 runs against one team in the IPL, in September 2021.
- He achieved the feat during his 33-run knock against Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) in an IPL 2021 clash in Abu Dhabi.
- The knock took him past the 1000-run mark against KKR.
- He now has 1015 runs against KKR at an average of 46.13 and strike rate of 132.16.
Pakistan gets its first Hindu woman civil servant
- Dr Sana Ramchand Gulwani is set to become the first Hindu woman civil servant in Pakistan.
- Sana has cleared the country’s top public services exam in her first attempt – Central Superior Services (CSS).
- She has secured a position in Sindh’s rural seat in the Pakistan Administrative Service (PAS).
- This exam is considered one of the most difficult competitive exams in Pakistan.
Sunil Kataria elected as Chairman of ISA
- Sunil Kataria has been as elected the Chairman of the Indian Society of Advertisers (ISA) for 2021-22.
- He is the Chief Executive Officer, India and SAARC (South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation), Godrej Consumer Products Limited.
- ISA also got its newly elected council in Sept 2021 whose members include Atul Agrawal, Narendra Ambwani, Tarun G. Arora, Subhadip Dutta Choudhury, etc.
CCI Chief Ashok Kumar Gupta gets additional charge as NFRA Chairperson
- Ashok Kumar Gupta has been given additional charge as the Chairperson of the National Financial Reporting Authority (NFRA).
- NFRA Chairperson R Sridharan is demitting the office after being at the helm for three years.
- Gupta, who is the chairperson of the Competition Commission of India (CCI), has been given the additional charge as NFRA chairperson for three months with effect from 1 Oct’21.
Kerala Rail signs MoU with IISc for rail safety tech
- The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, IISc-incubated startup L2MRail, and the Society for Innovation and Development (SID) have signed an MoU with Kerala Rail.
- The MoU is aimed at enhancing rail safety, especially in vulnerable terrains.
- The L2M Rail team and IISc have pioneered Fibre Bragg Grating sensing technology, to develop a Structural Health Monitoring System (SHMS).
Delhi to get over ₹18 crores ‘green’ funds from the government
- The Centre will give Delhi over ₹18 cr under the National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) 2021 to cater to critical gaps in air pollution management.
- It is for the first time that it will get funds from the NCAP for the 20-30% reduction in PM2.5 and PM10 concentration by 2024.
- NCAP covers 132 non-attainment cities, which do not meet the prescribed national ambient air quality standards (NAAQS).
Nagaland to host 56th National Cross Country Championship in 2022
- Nagaland will be hosting the 56th National Cross Country Championship in 2022.
- It will be the first ever for the state to host a National Athletics event.
- The 55th National Cross Country Championship was held in February 2021 and was hosted by Chandigarh Athletics Association.
- It was organized by the Athletics Federation of India (AFI).
Gandhi Museum inaugurated at Noakhali in Bangladesh
- On the occasion of the 152 birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, the renovated Gandhi Museum was inaugurated at the historic Gandhi Ashram Trust at Noakhali in Bangladesh.
- It was inaugurated by Foreign Minister of Bangladesh Dr A K Abdul Momen.
- A seminar on the theme of Ahimsa, Satyagraha, and the Mahatma – Revisited was also organised.
- Mahatma Gandhi had visited Noakhali in 1946-47.
NITI Aayog’s flagship initiative, WEP to felicitate 75 women achievers
- To celebrate the 75th year of independence, NITI Aayog’s flagship initiative, The Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) will felicitate 75 women achievers as part of the Amrit Mahotsav celebration.
- Women Transforming India Awards WTI 2021 will celebrate the contribution of women entrepreneurs.
- The application form is available on wep.gov.in and applications will be accepted till 31 Dec 2021.
@Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-