Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 3rd November 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 3rd November 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
National Ayurveda Day: 2 November
- The National Ayurveda Day is observed on 2 November every year.
- It is celebrated on Dhanvantari Jayanti to create awareness about the health benefits of Ayurveda and to promote the Ayurvedic lifestyle.
- Lord Dhanvantari is believed to be the god of Ayurvedic medicine.
- The theme for 2021 is Ayurveda for Poshan.
- The day focuses on strengths of Ayurveda and its unique treatment principles.
Ministry of Rural Development signs MoU with Flipkart
- The Ministry of Rural Development has signed an MoU with Flipkart.
- It will help empower local businesses and self-help groups (SHGs) especially those that are led by women by bringing them into the e-commerce fold.
- The partnership is aligned with Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihood Mission- DAY-NRLM’s goal of strengthening the capabilities of rural communities.
UNEP, European Union launch observatory to curb methane emissions
- At the G20 Summit, the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) with support from the European Union launched on October 31, 2021, the International Methane Emissions Observatory (IMEO).
- The IMEO will bring global reporting on methane emissions to an entirely different level, ensuring public transparency on anthropogenic methane emissions.
Kerala’s PR Sreejesh among 12 to be awarded Khel Ratna
- Olympian PR Sreejesh has become the third Keralite to be decorated with the Khel Ratna Award, the highest sporting honour of India.
- Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award will be given to 12 sportspersons including PR Sreejesh, Neeraj Chopra, Ravi Kumar, and Lovlina Borgohain.
- The awards will be given in New Delhi on November 13, 2021.
Union Minister Jitendra Singh inaugurates supercomputing facility
- Union Minister of Science and Technology and Earth Sciences Jitendra Singh on 2 Nov 2021 inaugurated the advanced 650 teraflops supercomputing facility at the National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), Punjab.
- The facility has come up under the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM) in collaboration with C-DAC, Pune.
- It will be helpful in the analysis of large-scale genomics data.
Arjun Munda launches New Tribes India outlets in Patna and Chennai
- The Union Minister for Tribal Affairs Arjun Munda launched 4 new Tribes India outlets virtually on 2 November 2021.
- One was launched in Patna and three at Chennai Metro.
- With this, Tribes India has expanded its retail network to 147 outlets across the country.
- The Tribes India outlets and e-commerce platform (www.tribesindia.com) cater to different types of needs.
Ethiopia declares nationwide state of emergency
- Ethiopia’s cabinet has issued a statewide state of emergency.
- The state of emergency is aimed to protect civilians from atrocities being committed by the terrorist TPLF group in several parts of the country.
- The steps were taken after the Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF) rebel group, which has been fighting PM Abiy Ahmed’s administration for over a year, marched towards Addis Ababa.
Exide Life Insurance to be acquired by HDFC Life Insurance Company
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the acquisition by HDFC Life Insurance Company of 100% shareholding in Exide Life Insurance Company Limited.
- It has been approved under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.
- After completion of the share acquisition, Exide Life is proposed to be merged with HDFC Life.
Amit Shah launches Ayushman Bharat healthcare scheme for CAPFs
- On 2 November 2021, the Union Home Minister Amit Shah launched the ‘Ayushman Bharat CAPF’ healthcare scheme for the personnel of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) on a pan-India basis.
- He handed over ‘Ayushmaan CAPF’ Scheme health cards to the Director-General, National Security Guard, NSG for distribution to NSG personnel.
Centre govt approves proposals 7,965 cr for Armed Forces modernisation
- The Defence Acquisition Council has approved proposals worth Rs 7,965 cr for Armed Forces modernisation under Make in India.
- Approval has been given for procurement of 12 Light Utility Helicopters from HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Limited) and Lynx U2 Fire Control System from BEL to enhance detection tracking.
- Approval has also been given for Mid-Life Upgradation of Dornier Aircraft from HAL.
PM Modi launches Infrastructure for the Resilient Island States
- PM Narendra Modi launched Infrastructure for Resilient Island States (IRIS) on the sidelines of Climate Summit in Glasgow on 2 Nov 2021.
- It is aimed at achieving sustainable development through a systematic approach to resilient, sustainable, and inclusive infrastructure in Small Island Developing States (SIDS).
- He also informed that ISRO will build a special data window for SIDS.
Manipur government launches Go to Village 2.0 in Thoubal district
- The Manipur government launched the Go to Village 2.0 in Thoubal district on 2 November 2021.
- It has revived the initiative to deliver governance at the doorstep and bring inclusive development in the state.
- During the programme, CM Biren Singh distributed assistance under various schemes including CM e-Support Scheme, Manipur Start Up Scheme, Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY), etc.
J&K team clinches 1st position in World Deaf Judo Championship
- The Jammu and Kashmir team for deaf clinched 1st position in World Deaf Judo Championship held at Paris Versailles, France.
- The Indian team for the deaf clinched the bronze medal by defeating the South Korean team in the semifinal.
- The championship was held at Versailles, France from 26-30th October 2021.
IREDA launches ‘whistle blower’ Portal to check fraud, abuse of power
- The Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) has launched a ‘whistle-blower Portal’, as a part of ‘Vigilance Awareness Week 2021’.
- Through this portal, IREDA employees can raise concerns related to fraud, corruption, abuse of power etc.
- The portal has been developed by IT Team of the company.
- On this occasion, latest issue of Vigilance journal ‘Pahal’ was also released by IREDA.