Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 25th November 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 25th November 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
NMDC awarded 5-star rating by the Ministry of Mines
- National Mineral Development Corporation Ltd. (NMDC), a public enterprise under the Ministry of Steel has received a total of nine 5-star ratings for three years for all its operating iron ore mines.
- It was awarded the ratings at the 5th National Conclave on Mines and Minerals.
- It was awarded 5 Star Ratings for the years 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20.
Israel, Morocco ink defence deal after normalising ties
- Israel and Morocco signed a landmark agreement on 24 Nov 2021 that lays the foundation for security cooperation, intelligence sharing, and future arms sales.
- The MoU was signed during the visit of Israeli Defense Minister Benny Gantz to Morocco.
- Morocco, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Sudan signed agreements to normalize relations with Israel in 2020 as part of the Abraham Accords.
Olaf Scholz set to become new German Chancellor
- Olaf Scholz will be Germany’s next Chancellor, replacing Angela Merkel who has led Germany for 16 years.
- He is currently serving as the Finance Minister.
- Social Democrats has signed a deal with Greens and Free Democrats.
- The deal will install the first three-way federal coalition government in Germany since the 1950s and end 16 years of Merkel-led conservative government.
Cabinet gives nod to continue ACROSS scheme for 5 years
- Cabinet has approved continuation of the umbrella scheme “Atmosphere & Climate Research-Modelling Observing Systems & Services (ACROSS)” till 2026.
- It also approved continuation of the umbrella scheme “Ocean Services, Modelling, Application, Resources and Technology (O-SMART)” till 2026.
- Continuation of the National Apprenticeship Training Scheme was also approved for the next five years.
Cabinet extends PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojna scheme till March 2022
- The union cabinet has approved the extension of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) for another four months (Dec 2021-Mar 2022).
- The food grain under Phase V would entail an estimated food subsidy of Rs 53344.52 cr.
- Phase V will begin from 1 Dec 2021.
- The scheme was announced in March 2020.
- PMGKAY provides 5 kg of rice or wheat per person to each family holding a ration card.
SEBI issues operating norms for silver exchange-traded funds
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on 24 Nov’21 issued fresh operating norms for the introduction of silver exchange-traded funds (ETFs) in the country.
- It will expand the options available for investing in commodities through exchanges.
- A silver ETF scheme by mutual funds has to invest at least 95% of the net assets in silver and silver-related instruments.
New state of black hole detected 5 billion light-years away
- Indian astronomers have found an active galaxy in a very bright state with 10 times more X-ray emission than normal and located 5 billion light-years away.
- It could help study the role of strong gravity and acceleration of matter in the formation, evolution of galaxies in the early universe.
- Astronomers at Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational Sciences made the discovery.
IIT Delhi to host 5th World Congress on Disaster Management
- The 5th World Congress on Disaster Management was inaugurated on 24 Nov’21 by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
- It is being organised in New Delhi between 24- 27 Nov at the campus of IIT Delhi.
- Its theme is ‘Technology, Finance and Capacity for Building Resilience to Disasters in the context of COVID-19’.
- It is an initiative of Disaster Management Initiatives and Convergence Society (DMICS).
International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women is observed on 25 November every year.
- A campaign called UNiTE to End Violence against Women campaign is held every year from Nov 25- Dec 10.
- It is an initiative of 16 days of activism.
- The theme for 2021 is Orange the World: End Violence against Women Now!
- Nearly 1 in 3 women have been abused in their lifetime, as per the UN.
BoB Financial Solutions Ltd partners with OneCard
- BoB Financial Solutions Ltd (BFSL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda, has partnered with OneCard.
- It will launch co-branded mobile-first credit cards, especially for young customers.
- The internationally valid credit card will be issued by BFSL and managed by OneCard on VISA’s Signature platform.
- BFSL issues and manages Bank of Baroda’s credit cards.
UBI partners with Capri Global Capital for co-lending to MSMEs
- Capri Global Capital Ltd (CGCL), a non-bank lender focused on small businesses and affordable housing, has entered into a co-lending agreement with Union Bank of India.
- Through this collaboration, CGCL and Union Bank aim to disburse micro, small and medium enterprise (MSME) loans across over 100 touch points in India.
- The loan disbursement under this arrangement would commence from Dec 2021.
For the first time, a change in course of the Himalayan glacier reported
- Indian researchers studying an unnamed glacier in the upper Kali Ganga valley, Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand, have reported that the glacier had abruptly changed its main course.
- It is for the first time that such change in course has been reported from a Himalayan glacier.
- The research was carried out by researchers from Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology (WIHG), Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
India’s first device for the production of ultra-pure hydrogen developed
- Scientists at IIT BHU, Varanasi have developed a first-of-its-kind device in India for the on-site production of ultra-pure Hydrogen.
- The device is 100 percent indigenous
- It is based on membrane technology for the on-site production of ultra-pure hydrogen from methanol.
- The device is easy to use and covers a minimum space of 2m2 (square meter) area.
D.C. Singhania awarded Time Magazine India Lifetime Achievement Award
- Time Magazine India organized Time Magazine Excellence Iconic Awards 2021 in November 2021.
- D.C. Singhania an eminent lawyer and founder of Singhania and Company was felicitated by Lifetime achievement award 2021.
- The event also hosted the book launch of the 3rd Edition of Mass Communication: Principles and Concepts authored by Seema Hasan.
ADB approves USD 1.5 bn loan to India for purchasing COVID-19 vaccines
- The Asian Development Bank has approved a USD 1.5 billion (around Rs 11,185 crore) loan to help India purchase safe and effective vaccines against the coronavirus disease.
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is expected to co-finance an additional USD 500 million for the project.
- ADB is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, headquartered in the Philippines.
Collins Dictionary makes NFT its word of the year
- Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) has become Collins Dictionary’s word of the year.
- The word has seen a meteoric rise in use over 2020-2021.
- NFT is defined as a ”unique digital certificate, registered in a blockchain, that is used to record ownership of an asset such as an artwork or a collectible,” by the Collins Dictionary.
- Each NFT has a unique digital signature, meaning it is one of a kind.
Airtel, Nokia conduct India’s first 5G trial in the 700 MHz band
- Bharti Airtel successfully conducted India’s first 5G trial in the 700 MHz band in partnership with Nokia in November 2021.
- It was conducted on the outskirts of Kolkata and it was also the first 5G trial in Eastern India.
- Airtel and Nokia were able to achieve high-speed wireless broadband network coverage of 40 Km between two 3GPP standard 5G sites in real-life conditions.
13th ASEM Summit being held virtually from 25 November 2021
- The 13th ASEM (Asia–Europe Meeting) Summit is being held virtually from 25 November 2021.
- The theme of the two-day summit is Strengthening Multilateralism for Shared Growth.
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu is leading the Indian delegation.
- This Summit will also mark the 25th anniversary of the ASEM process.
- It is being hosted by Cambodia as ASEM Chair.
India, US reach settlement on 2% equalisation levy
- India and US have agreed to settle differences relating to the 2% equalisation levy imposed on e-commerce operators.
- India will continue to impose the levy till 31 Mar’24 or till the implementation of Pillar 1 of the OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) agreement.
- The settlement is on the lines of the one reached under the Unilateral Measures Compromise in Oct’21.
National Family Health Survey (NFHS) released by Health Ministry
- The latest National Family Health Survey (NFHS) has been released by the Union Health Ministry.
- The data in NFHS 2019-21, the fifth in the series, show that among all age groups, the highest spike in anaemia was reported among children aged 6-59 months that is 67.1 per cent.
- This is followed by anaemia in females aged 15-19 years — 59.1 per cent (NFHS-5) from 54.1 per cent (NFHS-4).
PM lays the foundation stone of Noida International Airport on Nov 25
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the Noida International Airport (NIA) in Jewar, Gautam Buddha Nagar, Uttar Pradesh on 25 Nov’21.
- The airport is spread over more than 1300 hectares of land and is slated to be India’s largest.
- With this, Uttar Pradesh will become the only state in India to have five international airports.
Indian Navy commissions submarine INS Vela in Mumbai
- The Indian Navy on 25 November 2021 commissioned Scorpene-class submarine INS Vela at the naval dockyard in Mumbai.
- INS Vela is the fourth Scorpene-class submarine to be commissioned under Project 75.
- It has been built by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd in collaboration with M/s Naval Group of France.
- The previous version of Vela was commissioned in 1973 and it was in service for 37 years.
Global Chemicals and Petrochemicals Manufacturing Hub inaugurated
- Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers inaugurated the 2nd Global Chemicals and Petrochemicals Manufacturing Hub on 25 Nov’21.
- The summit was organized by the Dept of Chemicals and Petrochemicals, jointly with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
- It aims to transform India into a global chemical and Petro-chemical manufacturing hub.
20th Meet of SCO Council of Heads of Government held on 25 November
- The 20th Meeting of SCO Council of Heads of Government was held on 25 Nov’21 in Nur-Sultan under the Chairmanship of Kazakhstan.
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar represented India in the meeting.
- The meeting is held annually and focuses on the trade and economic agenda.
- SCO members include India, China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan.
Mahmudullah Riyad announces retirement from Test cricket
- Bangladesh batsman Mahmudullah Riyad announced his retirement from Test cricket on 24 November 2021 after a 12-year career.
- He played his last Test against Zimbabwe in Harare in July 2021 with Bangladesh recording a 220-run win.
- Mahmudullah will continue to play ODIs and T20I for the senior national team.
- He hit 2914 runs in 50 Tests, including 5 hundreds and 16 fifties.
Magdalena Andersson becomes the first female Prime Minister of Sweden
- Magdalena Andersson has been appointed by Sweden’s parliament as the country’s first-ever female Prime Minister.
- She has replaced Stefan Lofven.
- She is currently the Finance Minister.
- A former junior swimming champion from Uppsala, she began her political career in 1996 as political adviser to then-Prime Minister Goran Persson.
- However, she resigned just after 12 hours of being appointed.
New Wage Rate Index series released by Labour Ministry
- Ministry of Labour on 24 November 2021 released a new series of Wage Rate Index (WRI) with the base year 2016, being compiled and maintained by the Labour Bureau.
- The new series of WRI with base 2016=100 will replace the old series with base 1963-65=100.
- The new WRI series would be compiled twice a year on point-to-point half-yearly basis, as on January 1 and July 1 of every year.