Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 22nd November 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 22nd November 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Balasore awarded ‘Best Performing Marine District’ in India
- Balasore was awarded as the best marine district in the country.
- For the first time, a district from Odisha got this award.
- Andhra Pradesh was awarded the Best Marine State, while Telangana got Best Inland State Award.
- Balaghat in MP received the Best Inland district.
- Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Parshottam Rupala gave away the awards on 21 Nov’21.
IndianOil wins Community Collaboration Award at ACES Awards 2021
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited has been awarded the ‘Community Collaboration Award’ under Asia Corporate Excellence & Sustainability Awards (ACES) 2021.
- It was organized by MORS Group, Malaysia in Nov’21.
- IndianOil was also ranked 212nd among the world’s largest corporations in Fortune ‘Global 500’ listing.
- IndianOil born in 1959 is India’s largest integrated and diversified energy company.
Renowned Punjabi singer Gurmeet Bawa passes away
- Renowned Punjabi folk singer Gurmeet Bawa passed away in November 2021.
- During her career, she received many accolades including the State Award by the Punjab government, Sangeet Puraskar by the Punjab Natak Akademi, the national Devi Ahilya Award by the Madhya Pradesh government, etc.
- She was best known for her long ‘hek’ for about 45 seconds.
US, Australia, UK sign key deal in nuclear sub alliance
- Australia has entered into a new defence alliance with Britain and the United States.
- Defence Minister Peter Dutton joined US and British diplomats in signing an agreement allowing the exchange of sensitive “naval nuclear propulsion information” between their nations.
- The deal will help Australia to complete an 18-month study into the submarine procurement.
Shaurya Chakra awarded to Major Maheshkumar Bhure, Major Dhoundiyal,
- President Ram Nath Kovind on 22 Nov awarded the Shaurya Chakra to Major Vibhuti Shankar Dhoundiyal and Naib Subedar Sombir, and Major Maheshkumar Bhure.
- He led an operation in which six top terrorist commanders were killed in 2018.
- Major Bhure, a young Captain in the Indian Army during the operation, was presented the medal during the Defence Investiture Ceremony held in Rashtrapati Bhavan.
IAF Group Capt Abhinandan Varthaman awarded Vir Chakra
- Indian Air Force ace pilot Group Captain Abhinandan Varthaman was awarded the Vir Chakra in an investiture ceremony on 22 November 2021.
- Varthaman shot a Pakistan F-16 fighter aircraft during aerial combat on February 27 a day after the Balakot airstrike in 2019.
- Vir Chakra is the third highest wartime gallantry medal in India.
The new building of Kendriya Hindi Sansthan inaugurated in Meghalaya
- Union Minister for Education and Skill Development Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated the newly constructed building of Kendriya Hindi Sansthan at Mawdiangdiang, East Khasi Hills, Meghalaya on 21 November 2021.
- The Minister also released two books at the occasion- Samànvay Purvottar Sanchayan and Hindi-khasi-Garo-Jaintia-English Concise Dictionary.
Germany’s Alexander Zverev wins second ATP Finals crown
- Germany’s Alexander Zverev captured his second ATP Finals title after defeating Russian Daniil Medvedev in the final in Turin on 21 Nov’21.
- Zverev, the Olympic singles gold medallist in Tokyo, won his tour-leading sixth trophy of the season.
- He is the fourth player in tournament history to earn semi-final and final wins over the top-two ranked players, and first since Andre Agassi in 1990.
Indian contingent win 47 medals at Uganda Para-Badminton
- The Indian contingent bagged 47 medals at the Uganda Para-Badminton International event on 21 Nov’21.
- This medal tally includes 16 gold, 14 silver, and 17 bronze medals.
- Palak Kohli, Abu Hubaida, and Ammu Mohan clinched two gold and one silver each.
- Manasi Joshi won a gold medal in the women’s singles SL3 event.
- Pramod Bhagat finished with a silver medal in the men’s singles SL3 event.
Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton wins inaugural Qatar F1 Grand Prix
- Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton claimed victory from pole at the inaugural Qatar Formula One Grand Prix, on 21 November 2021.
- Red Bull’s Max Verstappen finished second.
- Hamilton claimed his seventh season win and 102nd overall.
- Double world champion Fernando Alonso was third for Renault-owned Alpine.
- Sergio Perez finished fourth.
National workshop on Child Rights inaugurated by Smriti Irani
- Union Minister of Women and Child Development Smriti Irani inaugurated a national workshop on Child Rights on 21 Nov’21.
- It was organized by National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Ministry of Women and Child Development hosted various activities and events between 14-21 Nov’21 as part of celebrations of 75 years of independent India.
ICC appoints Geoff Allardice as permanent Chief Executive Officer(CEO)
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) on 21 November 2021 appointed interim Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Geoff Allardice on a permanent basis.
- Allardice had been in the role on an interim basis for more than eight months.
- Allardice, a former first-class cricketer representing Victoria in 14 matches in Australian domestic cricket from 1991 to 1994, replaces Manu Sawhney.
Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022 will be played in India
- BCCI secretary Jay Shah has announced that the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022 will be played in India.
- The 2020 IPL along with the second leg of the 2021 IPL were held in the UAE because of the COVID-19 situation in India.
- He announced this at the title celebrations of Chennai Super Kings in Chennai.
- Two new teams will be entering a mega-auction this time.
Kento Momota wins Indonesia Masters badminton tournament
- In Badminton, world no. 1 Japan’s Kento Momota clinched the Indonesia Masters badminton tournament men’s singles title after beating Denmark’s Anders Antonsen in the final, in Bali on 21 Nov’21.
- In the women’s singles final, Japan’s Akane Yamaguchi, was defeated by An Se-Young.
- In the women’s doubles Japan’s Matsuyama Nami and Shida Chiharu won 21-9, 21-11.
Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurates CNT and CIKS at IIT Guwahati
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated the Centre for Nanotechnology (CNT) and Centre for Indian Knowledge System (CIKS) at IIT Guwahati on 21 Nov’21.
- He also released a book on National Education Policy 2020 implementation.
- The Centre for Nanotechnology (CNT) aims at meeting future challenges and augmenting academic partnerships with industry in Nanotechnology.
Foundation laid for Rani Gaidinliu Tribal Freedom Fighters Museum
- Home Minister Amit Shah laid the foundation stone for setting up the Rani Gaidinliu Tribal Freedom Fighters Museum at Luangkao village in Manipur’s Tamenglong district on 22 Nov’21.
- The project has been sanctioned by the Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs at an estimated cost of 15 crore rupees.
- Luangkao is the birthplace of renowned freedom fighter Rani Gaidinliu.
M N Bhandari takes charge as acting Chief Justice of Madras High Court
- Justice Munishwar Nath Bhandari was on 22 November 2021 sworn-in as the acting Chief Justice of the Madras High Court.
- He was appointed after incumbent Justice Sanjib Banerjee was transferred to Meghalaya.
- Tamil Nadu Governor R.N. Ravi administered the oath of office to him.
- From June 26, 2021, to October 10, 2021, Justice Bhandari served as acting Chief Justice of the Allahabad High Court.
SBI Research upgrades India GDP projection to 9.3-9.6% range
- State Bank of India’s Ecowrap report has revised upwards India’s GDP growth projection to a range of 9.3%-9.6% for FY 22.
- It had earlier pegged India’s GDP growth at a range of 8.5%-9%.
- SBI Research’s revised projection is in line with the Reserve Bank of India’s projection of 9.5% for FY 22.
- The real GDP will be around Rs 2.4 lakh crore more than the FY20 Real GDP of Rs 145.69 lakh crore.
Airbus signs deal with Bharat Electronics for C295 aircraft program
- Airbus has signed a deal with Bharat Electronics Ltd (BEL) under the C295 aircraft programme of the Indian Government.
- It has been signed for the manufacture and supply of Radar Warning Receiver (RWR) and Missile Approach Warning System (MAWS).
- The contract is in line with the ‘Make in India’ policy and is the biggest export order received till date by BEL.
Andhra Pradesh govt to repeal the law to establish three capitals
- The Andhra Pradesh government withdraw the Decentralisation and Inclusive Development of all Regions Act.
- The Act seeks to create three capitals for the state.
- The law was passed in 2020.
- The act was passed for establishing the executive, judicial and legislative capitals at Visakhapatnam, Kurnool, and Amaravati.
First-ever All India Survey on Domestic Workers flagged off
- Union Minister for Labour and Employment Bhupender Yadav flagged off the first-ever All All India Survey on Domestic Workers on 22 November 2021.
- It is being conducted by Labour Bureau, Chandigarh.
- On the occasion, he also released an instruction manual with a questionnaire for the All India Survey on Domestic workers, which will cover 37 states/UT’s and 742 districts across the country.
Rajasthan: Bundi Utsav begins today after a gap of two years
- The two-day Bundi Utsav began on 22 November 2021 in Bundi, Rajasthan.
- It is being jointly organized by the state tourism department and district administration after two years.
- A variety of folk events will be presented by popular artist groups.
- Deepdan, during which earthen lamps are lit and set afloat on the waters of Nawal Sagar Lake in the city, was also held on 22 November 2021.