Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 29th November 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 29th November 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Ambuja Cements, collaborate with IIT Delhi to develop low carbon cement
- Ambuja Cements and ACC have partnered with IIT Delhi to develop next-generation, calcined clay cement, a low carbon material to promote sustainable construction.
- This academic collaboration will be implemented through a research project funded by Holcim Innovation Centre, Lyon, France.
- It will comprise an in-depth scientific study into the influence of clinker, calcined clay, and limestone.
Vaccine: Merriam-Webster’s 2021 word of the year
- Merriam-Webster has declared vaccine as its 2021 word of the year.
- At Merriam-Webster, lookups for “vaccine” increased 601 percent over 2020, when the first U.S. shot was administered in New York in December 2020.
- Merriam-Webster’s 2020 word of the year was “pandemic”,
RBI raises promoter stake’s cap to 26% from 15% in private banks
- RBI has raised the cap on promoter’s stake in private banks, to 26 percent from the current 15 percent limit, of the paid-up voting equity share capital of the bank.
- It has accepted 21 out of the 33 recommendations made by the internal working group.
- According to current norms, a promoter of a private bank needs to pare holdings to 20 percent within 10 yrs, and to 15 percent within 15 years.
#Top Current Affairs
Harshwanti Bisht becomes first woman President of IMF
- Noted mountaineer from Uttarakhand Harshwanti Bisht has earned the distinction of being elected the first woman President of the Indian Mountaineering Foundation (IMF).
- Harshwanti Bisht had been honoured with the Arjuna award for her achievements in the field of mountaineering.
- IMF is a national body that organizes and supports, mountaineering and rock climbing expeditions in the Himalayas.
Ramkumar Ramanathan wins first singles title on ATP Challenger Tour
- Indian tennis player Ramkumar Ramanathan won his first Challenger level singles title.
- He outplayed Evgeny Karlovskiy in the summit clash of the ATP 80 Manama event, in Manama, Bahrain on 28 November 2021.
- The 80 ranking points earned will push Ramkumar back into top-200 and also make him the highest-ranked Indian on the ATP singles ranking chart.
China launches new communications satellite Zhongxing-1D
- China on 27 November 2021, successfully launched a new communications satellite from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in southwest Sichuan Province.
- The satellite, Zhongxing-1D, was launched by a Long March-3B carrier rocket and entered the planned orbit successfully.
- The launch marked the 399th mission for the Long March series carrier rockets.
National award-winning choreographer Shiva Shankar passes away
- Renowned choreographer Shiva Shankar passed away in November 2021.
- He has over 700 films to his credit across 10 Indian languages.
- He won the National Film Award for Best Choreography in 2011 for the song Dheera Dheera from SS Rajamouli’s ‘Magadheera’ (2009).
- He was one of South India’s most prominent choreographers.
Sixth BRICS Film Festival awards announced at IFFI
- South African film ‘Barakat; by Director Amy Jephta and Russian film ‘The Sun above Me Never Sets’ by Director Lyubov Borisova have shared the Best Film Award in the 6th BRICS Film Festival.
- For the first time, the BRICS Film Festival was held alongside the 52nd International Film Festival of India (IFFI).
- The Best Director award was won by Brazilian filmmaker Lúcia Murat for ‘Ana’.
Japanese film ‘Ring Wandering’ wins Golden Peacock Award at IFFI
- Japanese director Masakazu Kaneko’s film ‘Ring Wandering’ bagged the Golden Peacock Award at the closing ceremony of the 52nd edition of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI), in Goa on 28 Nov’21.
- Czech Republic’s Vaclav Kadrnka won the Silver Peacock for Best Director for ‘Saving One Who Is Dead’.
- Silver Peacock for Best Actor (Male) was bagged by Jitendra Joshi for ‘Godavari’.
International Day of Solidarity with Palestinian People: 29 November
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People is annually observed on November 29.
- On 29 November 1947, the UN General Assembly adopted the resolution on the partition of Palestine (resolution 181 (II)).
- It called for the establishment of a Jewish state and an Arab state in Palestine.
- Following that, Israel became a country in 1948.
Petr Fiala becomes Czech Republic’s new Prime Minister
- Petr Fiala has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of the Czech Republic.
- He was appointed by President Milos Zema.
- The Czech Republic is a landlocked country in Central Europe.
- It is also one of the member nations of the European Union.
- The capital of the country is Prague.
- In 2016, it adopted the name “Czechia” as a shortened, informal name for the Czech Republic.
Assam CM launches Assam Micro Finance Incentive and Relief Scheme 2021
- Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma launched the Assam Micro Finance Incentive and Relief Scheme 2021 on 28 Nov’21.
- The first phase of the scheme is for those borrowers who have been repaying regularly.
- They will be provided one-time incentive upto Rs.25,000 or outstanding balance, whichever is less.
- In the 2nd phase, relief would be provided to borrowers whose payments are overdue by 1-89 days.
India, Maldives, Sri Lanka hold first-ever Colombo Security Conclave
- The ships and aircraft of the Indian Navy, Maldives National Defence Force, and Sri Lanka Navy participated in the first-ever Colombo Security Conclave (CSC) Focused Operation, along with the Maldives and Sri Lankan navies.
- It was held to enhance maritime security in the Indian Ocean region, along with Sri Lanka and the Maldives.
- The two-day conclave was held from 27-28 November 2021.
Delhi Deputy CM Manish Sisodia inaugurates ‘Smart Urban Farming Expo’
- Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia inaugurated the two-day ‘Smart Urban Farming Expo’ in Delhi’s Thyagaraj Stadium on 27 November 2021.
- It was organized by the Dialogue and Development Commission of Delhi (DDC), in partnership with Urban Gro, Indian Society Of Agricultural Engineers (ISAE), and Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI)
Vivek Johri appointed as the chairman of CBIC
- The Central government has appointed senior bureaucrat Vivek Johri as the Chairman of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
- The decision was made by the appointments committee of the cabinet.
- Johri, a 1985-batch Indian Revenue Service officer, is currently working as a member of the board.
- He will succeed the current Chairman of the Board M Ajit Kumar.
Iran, Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan sign gas swap deal
- Iran, Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan have signed a gas swap deal for up to 2 billion cubic metres (bcm) per year.
- Under the swap deal, Iran will receive gas from Turkmenistan and deliver an equivalent amount to Azerbaijan at the Astara border.
- Turkmenistan will sell 5-6 million cubic metres of gas per day to Azerbaijan under the trilateral agreement signed.
12 MoUs worth over Rs 14,000 crore signed in Gujarat
- As many as 12 MoUs entailing a proposed investment of Rs 14,000 crore in Gujarat were signed as part of the upcoming Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit (VGGS) 2022, on 29 November 2021.
- VGGS will be held on January 10-12, 2022.
- Gujarat Fluorochemicals Limited has pledged an investment of Rs 2,000 crore for battery chemicals and other products for electric vehicles at Dahej GIDC.
LIC gets RBI nod to raise stake in Kotak Bank to 9.99%
- Life Insurance Corporation of India has received approval from the RBI to raise its stake in Kotak Mahindra Bank to up to 9.99%.
- LIC held 4.96% stake in the private lender as on 30 September 2021.
- The RBI norms mandate that every person or an entity who intends to make an acquisition in private banks of more than 5% stake, has to take prior approval from the central bank.
Report of National Health Account Estimates for India released
- Rajesh Bhushan, Union Secretary, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare released findings of the National Health Accounts (NHA) Estimates for India for 2017-18, on 29 Nov’21.
- This is the 5th consecutive NHA report produced by National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC).
- The findings show that the Govt’s health expenditure has increased from 3.78% to 5.12% between 2013-14 and 2017-18.
Frank Williams, the founder of the Formula One team, passes away
- Sir Frank Williams, the founder and former team principal of Williams Racing, passed away in Nov 2021.
- Frank Williams, the longest-serving Team Principal Formula 1, marked 50 years as an F1 team boss in 2019.
- He received a knighthood in 1999 for his extraordinary work.
- Under Sir Frank Williams, the Williams’ team won a total of seven drivers’ titles and nine constructors’ championships.
Paytm Payments Bank launches Paytm Transit Card
- Paytm Payments Bank Limited has announced the launch of the Paytm Transit Card, keeping in mind the vision of one nation, one card.
- The card will take care of users’ everyday needs — from travel in metro, railways, state-owned bus services, toll and parking charges, to payments at offline merchant stores, online shopping, and more.
- The card also enables the withdrawal of money from ATMs.
@Top Current Affairs 29th November 2021
#Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-