Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 27th November 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 27th November 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
National Organ Donation Day: 27 November
- National Organ Donation Day is celebrated on Nov 27 in India every year.
- Under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, it is organized by National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organization.
- It was celebrated in 2010 for the first time.
- In India, organ donation has always been on a small scale.
- As per estimates, only 0.65 organ donations per million population take place in the country.
@Top Current Affairs 27th November 2021
#Top Current Affairs 27th November 2021
Bihar CM Nitish Kumar launches NTPC’s power units at Barauni, Barh
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar dedicated to the people NTPC’s power units at Barauni on 27 November 2021.
- NTPC Group has an installed capacity of 7,970 MW in Bihar and another 1,980 MW is under construction.
- NTPC Ltd is India’s largest power utility company with an installed capacity of 63925 MW and plans to become a 130 GW company by 2032.
Trilateral exercise between Maldives, India, Sr Lanka concludes
- The 15th edition of the Maldives, India, and Sri Lanka biennial Trilateral Exercise ‘Dosti’, which began in the Maldives on 20 November 2021, concluded on 24 November 2021.
- The year 2021 marked 30 years since the initiation of the exercise.
- Exercise Dosti was initiated in 1991, between the Indian and Maldives Coast Guard.
- Sri Lanka joined the exercise for the first time in 2012.
New COVID variant named Omicron classified as ‘Variant of Concern’
- The new COVID-19 variant, B.1.1.529, first found in South Africa, has been designated as a “Variant of Concern” by the World Health Organisation.
- It has been named Omicron.
- Omicron may spread more quickly than other forms, and preliminary evidence suggested there is an increased risk of reinfection.
- This variant has a large number of mutations, some of which are concerning.
India’s 1st medicine delivery via hybrid e-VTOL drone in Meghalaya
- A drone was successfully deployed to deliver medicines to a remote primary health centre in Meghalaya’s West Khasi Hils district, on 26 November 2021.
- This was India’s 1st medicine delivery via hybrid e-VTOL drone in Meghalaya from Nongstoin to Maweit PHC covering a distance of 25 km in less than 25 mins.
- e-VTOL (Virtual Take-off and Landing ) Drone AquilaX2 was used for the deliveries.
MoS for AYUSH Munjpara Mahedrabhai inaugurates Ayurveda Parv-2021
- Minister of State for AYUSH Munjpara Mahedrabhai, on 26 November 2021, virtually inaugurated the Ayurveda Parv-2021 in New Delhi.
- An exhibition has been arranged with 40 stalls and pharmaceutical companies will participate in it.
- The 3-day event is being organized for proper utilization of Ayurvedic health care and also for coordination and better utilization of Ayurvedic research.
India and Germany jointly launch the WISER program for women researchers
- A first-of-its-kind programme to promote women in the field of research and development through lateral entry was launched on 25 Nov’21.
- The programme called Women’s Involvement in Science and Engineering Research (WISER) program was launched by Indo-German Science and Technology Centre for encouraging women researchers in R&D projects.
- IGSTC is a joint initiative of India and Germany.
Delhi govt adds Kartarpur Sahib in Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojna
- The Delhi government has decided to take senior citizens of Delhi to Kartarpur Sahib in Pakistan under its free pilgrimage scheme.
- The first batch of devotees will leave on 5 January 2022.
- The Delhi government had launched Mukhyamantri Tirth Yatra Yojana in 2018, under which it bears complete expenditure on a free pilgrimage of senior citizens to places like Jagganath Puri, Shirdi, etc.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman confers awards on CBIC officers
- Union Minister for Finance and Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman conferred the Presidential Award of Appreciation Certificates and Medals for – ‘Specially Distinguished Record of Service’
- 26 officers and staff of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs (CBIC) received the award in Lucknow on 26 November 2021.
- They were selected on the basis of their exemplary performances.
BSE arm receives SEBI approval to act as an accreditation agency
- Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Ltd. wholly-owned subsidiary BSE Administration and Supervision Ltd. (BASL) has received approval from SEBI to act as an accreditation agency for prospective accredited investors.
- BASL shall be responsible for verification of documents submitted by applicants for accreditation, issuance of accreditation certificate, maintaining data of accredited investors.
Hero MotoCorp appoints former SBI chief Rajnish Kumar to its Board
- Hero MotoCorp has appointed former State Bank of India (SBI) Chairman Rajnish Kumar to its Board as Additional and Independent Director.
- The company has also onboarded Vasudha Dinodia as an Additional and Non-Executive Director, effective from 25 November 2021.
- Rajnish Kumar held a three-year stint as Chairman of SBI, which came to an end in October 2020.
RBI imposes ₹1 cr penalty on State Bank of India for violating norms
- The RBI has imposed a monetary penalty of ₹1cr on State Bank of India for contravention of sub-section (2) of section 19 of the Banking Regulation Act 1949 (the Act).
- This fine has been imposed in the exercise of powers vested in RBI under the provisions of section 47 A (1) (c) read with sections 46 (4) (i) and 51 (1) of the Act.
- This action is based on deficiencies in regulatory compliance.
Kerala Tourism to launch STREET project for experiential tourism
- Kerala Tourism will launch the ‘STREET’ project in select spots in seven districts, which would help visitors experience the diversity of offerings in these locales.
- In the first phase, the project would be implemented in Kadalundi, Thrithala, Pinarayi, Maravanthuruthu, Valiyaparamba, etc.
- The project is conceived by the Responsible Tourism Mission.
Indian Railways flagged off Rampath Yatra Express from Pune
- The Rampath Yatra Express connecting Pune with Ayodhya was flagged off on 27 Nov 2021 morning to promote pilgrimage tourism.
- The train will tour six pilgrim destinations that are associated with Lord Ram -Nandigram, Shringverpur, Varanasi, Prayagraj, Chitrakoot and Ayodhya.
- The full package would be charged at ₹14,490 which includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, stay, transport, and a guide.
India ranks third in a new disaster report by the State Bank of India
- India ranks third, after the US and China in the number of natural disasters since 1900, with 756 natural disasters such as landslides, storms, earthquakes, etc.
- During 1900-2000 there were 402 disasters and 354 during 2001-21.
- Since 2001, a total of 100 crore people have been impacted, and nearly 83,000 lost lives due to these disasters.
- The data was given in a new report by SBI.
IIT Roorkee completes 175 years on 25 November 2021
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee completed 175 years on 25 November 2021.
- It began its journey in 1847 as the first engineering college in the British Empire.
- The institute launched two major projects on the 175th foundation day– a 1.3 PetaFLOPS supercomputing facility as part of the national supercomputing mission and SCADA-based Smart Energy Management System.
West Bengal partners with Schoolnet to drive digital learning
- The West Bengal govt and an edtech start-up Schoolnet on 25 Nov’21 announced a strategic partnership to drive digital learning and career development programmes across the state.
- They provide an online e-learning platform in Bengali, ‘Geneo eSekha’, to students from classes 5 to 10.
- Schoolnet will also be providing a multi-lingual career guidance portal to the School Education Department.
Cherry Blossom Festival 2021 begins at Shillong
- The 3-day Cherry Blossom Festival was inaugurated by Meghalaya CM Conrad K Sangma and Ambassador of Japan to India Satoshi Suzuki at Wards Lake on 25 November 2021 in Shillong.
- The annual festival coincides with the actual blooming of the cherry blossom flowers.
- The first edition of the Shillong Literary Festival was also inaugurated on the occasion.
Tourism Ministry organises International Tourism Mart in Nagaland
- The Union Ministry of Tourism is organizing its annual International Tourism Mart in Nagaland from November 27, 2021.
- The event will highlight the tourism potential of the northeast region in domestic and international markets.
- The delegation will include students from across the country as part of a study tour under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- It is a 3-day event.
LG Manoj Sinha inaugurates J-K Gymnastics Academy in Union territory
- Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on 26 November 2021 inaugurated the Gymnastics Academy of J-K at MA Stadium in Jammu.
- It is one of North India’s premier gymnastics training facilities.
- The Lt Governor appreciated the Sports Council for organizing more than two lakh activities this year to realize the vision of “har din Khel, Sabhi ke Liye Khel”.
@Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-