Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 30th November 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 30th November 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
NITI Aayog releases report on online dispute resolution
- The NITI Aayog has released a report on Online Dispute Resolution (ODR).
- The report titled “Designing the future of dispute Resolution: the ODR Policy Plan for India” recommends increasing digital infrastructure, building capacity, regulatory framework, etc.
- The report is a culmination of the action plan made by a committee on ODR in 2020 and chaired by Supreme Court Justice (Retd) AK Sikri.
Lionel Messi wins men’s Ballon d’Or for the seventh time
- Lionel Messi won the men’s Ballon d’Or for a record-extending seventh time on 30 November 2021.
- He won the last edition of the Ballon d’Or in 2019.
- Messi led Argentina to the Copa America title in July 2021 after losing in four major international finals.
- Awarded by France Football magazine, the Ballon d’Or has been given out to men every year since 1956 when Stanley Matthews won.
Tony award-winning casting director Geoffrey Johnson passes away
- Geoffrey Johnson, the casting director for ‘Cats’ and ‘Les Miserables’, passed away in November 2021.
- In 2003, Johnson was awarded a Tony Award for Excellence in Theatre, as well as the Hoyt Bowers Award and several Artios Awards from the Casting Society of America.
- In 2016, he established the Geoffrey Ashton Johnson/ Noel Coward Scholarship.
Naomi Kawase appointed as UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador
- UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay has appointed Japanese film director Naomi Kawase as UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for Cultural and Creative Industries.
- In 2007, she won the Grand Prix at the Cannes Film Festival for her film The Mourning Forest and in 2013 served on the Jury of the 66th edition of the Festival.
- She is also the official film director of the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
Sanjay Dutt signed as Arunachal Pradesh’s Ambassador
- Arunachal Pradesh government has signed Sanjay Dutt as the brand ambassador.
- Rahul Mittra has been appointed as the brand advisor.
- They were appointed on the occasion of the golden jubilee celebrations, marking the 50th year of the naming of the state, on 29 November 2021.
- Dutt will engage with the local youth of the state on a series of initiatives on substance abuse.
India Young Water Professional Programme launched
- The first edition of the India Young Water Professional Programme was launched virtually on 29 November 2021.
- This program has been taken up under the National Hydrology Project and supported by the Australian Water Partnership.
- About 70% of the program is focused on project-based learning through Situation Understanding and Improvement Projects (SUIP).
HAL to manufacture first four light utility helicopters by 2022-23
- Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) will manufacture four light utility helicopters (LUHs) under limited series production by 2022-23.
- It will build another eight LUHs by 2023-24.
- Out of the initial quota of four choppers, two each will go to the Indian Army and the Indian Air Force.
- The indigenously-developed LUH is a new generation helicopter that is powered by a single turboshaft engine.
Parag Agrawal becomes new Twitter Chief executive officer
- Parag Agrawal has been appointed the new Twitter CEO after Jack Dorsey resigned on 29 Nov.
- Dorsey will remain on the board until his term expires in 2022.
- Dorsey is also the top executive at Square, a financial payments company.
- Agrawal has been chief technology officer (CTO) since 2017 and Twitter since 2011.
Government launches ‘unique’ face recognition tech for pensioners
- Minister of State for Personnel Jitendra Singh on 29 November 2021 launched a unique face recognition technology.
- It would act as a proof of life certificate for pensioners and ensure ease of living for the retired and elderly citizens.
- All pensioners are mandated to submit their life certificates annually to continue receiving their pension.
Kerala based startup wins Startup India Grand Challenge 2021
- A Kerala-based medical technology startup Sascan Meditech has been adjudged the winner of Startup India Grand Challenge 2021 in the medical device category.
- The award was announced by Amitabh Kant.
- It has developed OralScan, a handheld device for the detection of pre-cancerous lesions in the mouth.
- It was also selected as the winner of Anjani Mashelkar Inclusive Innovation Award 2021.
Indian bio-jet fuel technology receives formal military certification
- A technology to produce bio-jet fuel has been formally approved for use on military aircraft of the Indian Air Force.
- The technology has been developed by the Indian Institute of Petroleum, a constituent laboratory of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research.
- The certification received is an acknowledgment of the satisfactory results obtained from various ground and inflight tests.
RBI imposes a penalty of Rs 1 crore on Union Bank of India
- RBI has fined Union Bank of India ₹1 crore for non-compliance with certain provisions of directions issued by the Central bank related to fraud classification and stressed assets.
- Union Bank of India failed to classify an account as a red flag account despite the presence of early warning signals and also did not disclose ageing of and provisioning for security receipts in its annual report.
Nasscom launches centre of excellence for IoT and AI at Visakhapatnam
- Nasscom launched a centre of excellence (CoE) on 30 November 2021, focussed on the internet of things and artificial intelligence at Andhra University Campus, Visakhapatnam.
- It is aimed at promoting innovation in emerging technologies.
- It has been launched in partnership with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and the government of Andhra Pradesh.
Grameen Foundation India launches ‘Catalyst Award’ initiative
- Grameen Foundation India (GFI) has launched a special initiative ‘Catalyst Award’ under its MANDI (Market Enabled Access through Digital Innovation) project.
- It will support and develop the farmer producer organizations (FPOs) in Uttar Pradesh.
- The Catalyst Award is a financial assistance program being offered to select FPOs to support their long-term institutional strengthening and growth.
IAEA and Japan Atomic Energy Agency partner to boost nuclear security
- The IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency) and the Japan Atomic Energy Agency (JAEA) have agreed to work together.
- They will help countries strengthen technical capacities in decommissioning, radioactive waste management, and nuclear security.
- The agreement, valid until 2025, designates JAEA as an IAEA Collaborating Centre while formalizing and expanding cooperation between them.
Uttarakhand announces repeal of Char Dham Devasthanam Management Act
- The Uttarakhand government has announced the repeal of the Char Dham Devasthanam Management Act.
- The act brought four revered Hindu shrines of Badrinath, Kedarnath, Gangotri, Yamunotri, and 49 other temples under the purview of a shrine board.
- The law allowed the board to frame policies, sanction expenditure, etc as the highest governing body for the management of the shrines.
Ravichandran Ashwin: India’s third-highest wicket-taker in Tests
- Ravichandran Ashwin on 29 November 2021, went past Harbhajan Singh to become the third-highest wicket-taker for India in Test cricket, reaching the mark in his 80th match with 418 wickets.
- Anil Kumble tops the chart with 619 wickets and is followed by Kapil Dev, who has a total of 434 wickets under his name.
- Ashwin is the fourth Indian bowler to take more than 400 wickets in Test cricket.
Day of Remembrance for All Victims of Chemical Warfare: 30 November
- Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare is observed on November 30 every year.
- It is being observed since 2005 as a tribute to the victims of chemical warfare.
- The Chemical Weapons Convention entered into force on April 29, 1997, and was supposed to be chosen as the date for the event’s celebration.
- However, it was later changed to 30 November.
Lakshmi Subramanian and Bhanu Prakash win IPI-India Journalism Award
- The International Press Institute (IPI) India Award for Excellence in Journalism-2021 has been given jointly to Sreenivasan Jain and Mariyam Alavi of NDTV and Lakshmi Subramanian and Bhanu Prakash Chandra of The Week.
- The award comprises a cash prize of ₹1 lakh, a trophy, and a citation, for each team.
- IPI was founded 71 years ago in New York by a group of editors from 15 countries.
Nagaland police launch ‘Call your Cop’ mobile app for citizens
- Nagaland DGP T. John Longkumer officially launched the ‘Call your Cop’ mobile app on 29 November 2021 at Police Headquarters in Kohima.
- The app will enable all citizens of the state especially those in distress to get in touch directly with the police with just one click.
- The app was developed by the Police Headquarters CID branch in collaboration with Excellogics Tech Solutions Pvt Ltd.
#Top Current Affairs 30th November 2021
@Top Current Affairs
#Top Current Affairs of the day
Important Link :-