Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 24th November 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 24th November 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Assam celebrated Lachit Divas on 24 November
- Lachit Divas is observed on 24 November every year in Assam.
- The day was first observed in 2017.
- The day marks the birth anniversary of Lachit Borphukan.
- He was the Ahom general, who defeated the Mughal army on the banks of the Brahmaputra in the Battle of Saraighat in 1671.
- The Mughal army was led by Ram Singh, the elder son of Mirza Raja Jai Singh, the ruler of Amber.
Guru Tegh Bahadur Martyrdom Day: 24 November
- Guru Tegh Bahadur Martyrdom Day, also known as Shaheedi Diwas is observed annually on 24 November.
- He was the ninth Sikh Guru and father of the tenth Sikh Guru, Guru Gobind Singh.
- In 1675, Guru Tegh Bahadur was publicly executed on this day in Delhi on the orders of the then Mughal Emperor, Aurangzeb as he had opposed the policy of religious persecution being enforced at that time.
International Emmy Awards 2021 announced
- The 49th International Emmy Awards, which honours excellence in television programming produced outside the United States was held on November 23, 2021 in New York City.
- International Emmys 2021 was presented to programmes in 16 categories.
- Tehran from Israel won Best Drama Series.
- David Tennant wins Best Actor for Des (UK).
- Hayley Squires won Best Actress award for Adult Material (UK).
Kuwait reappoints Sheikh Sabah Al-Khalid as Prime Minister
- Kuwait’s Prime Minister Sheikh Sabah al-Khalid has been reappointed.
- He has been serving since late 2019.
- He was reappointed by an Emiri order issued by Crown Prince Sheikh Meshal al-Ahmad al-Sabah.
- Sheikh Sabah tendered his government’s resignation on 14 November 2021 amid a row with opposition lawmakers.
IGI Airport to become ‘Net Zero Carbon Emission’ Airport by 2030
- Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport is set to become ‘Net Zero Carbon Emission Airport’ by 2030.
- The announcement was made by Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) CEO Videh Kumar Jaipuriar.
- DIAL has also taken several technologically advanced measures such as the adoption of electric vehicles and Taxibots.
- Taxibot was introduced in 2019 for commercial operation.
El Salvador to build 1st ‘Bitcoin City’ from Bitcoin-backed bond
- El Salvador plans to build the world’s first “Bitcoin City” with money from a $1bn bitcoin-backed bond.
- This was informed by the country’s President Nayib Bukele on 23 Nov’21.
- Half of the $1 bn sum would be converted to bitcoin and the other half used for infrastructure and bitcoin mining.
- El Salvador also became world’s first country to make Bitcoin an official currency earlier in 2021.
Ministry of Civil Aviation, ISB signs MoU to analyze the effect of RCS
- The Indian School of Business (ISB) and the Ministry of Civil Aviation have signed an MoU.
- They will undertake research to analyze the effect of the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS) on commercial air travel in the country.
- It was signed on the occasion of UDAN Utsav celebrated in Odisha.
- It marks the extension of the socio-economic impact study of the UDAN scheme conducted in 2020.
E-portal of an accreditation scheme for minerals exploration launched
- Coal and Mine Minister Pralhad Joshi inaugurated the E-portal of an accreditation scheme for minerals exploration on 23 Nov’21.
- This was done at the 5th National Conclave on Mines and Minerals in New Delhi.
- He handed over 52 mines blocks to 15 states including two northeast states.
- These blocks have been approved by the Geological Survey of India for minerals mining.
Mysuru Declaration on Service Delivery by Panchayats signed
- Ministry of Panchayat Raj had organized one day National Consultative Workshop on Citizen Charter and Delivery of Services by Panchayats on 22 Nov’21.
- Participants from 16 states signed the Mysuru Declaration and resolved to roll out the Common Minimum Service delivery by Panchayats from 1 Apr’22.
- The declaration is aimed at recognizing Citizen-Centric Services as the heart of governance.
IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw inaugurates ‘Aadhaar 2.0′ workshop
- Ashwini Vaishnav, Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology inaugurated a 3-day workshop titled ‘Aadhaar 2.0- Ushering the Next Era of Digital Identity and Smart Governance’.
- It commenced on 23 November 2021 in New Delhi.
- The workshop is divided into eight sessions for deliberations on various topics including Expanding the use of Aadhaar to boost the Digital Economy.
37th edition of India-Indonesia CORPAT being held from 23-24 Nov’21
- Indian Naval Ship (INS) Khanjar is undertaking coordinated patrol (CORPAT) with Indonesian Naval Ship KRI Sultan Thaha Syaifuddin from 23-24 Nov’21.
- The 37th edition of CORPAT between India and Indonesia will also witness participation of Maritime Patrol Aircraft from both Nations.
- They have been carrying out CORPAT along the International Maritime Boundary Line twice a year since 2002.
SecurelyShare wins the DSCI Cyber Security Grand Challenge Award
- SecurelyShare Software Private Limited has won 1st prize in the Cyber Security Grand Challenge Award.
- It was conducted by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, in association with the Data Security Council of India (DSCI).
- DSCI Cyber Security Grand Challenge is an initiative to promote Cyber Security Innovation and Entrepreneurship which was conducted in multiple stages.
India, US relaunch their joint Trade Policy Forum (TPF)
- India and the United States have agreed to expand farm trade and relaunched their joint Trade Policy Forum (TPF) to resolve differences on issues including market access.
- The 12th ministerial-level meeting of the India-United States Trade Policy Forum (TPF) was held in New Delhi on 23 Nov’21.
- Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal and US Trade Representative Katherine Tai co-chaired the meeting.
Defence Ministry approves a proposal to procure GSAT-7C satellite
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) has approved a proposal to procure GSAT-7C satellite and related equipment for the Indian Air Force (IAF) at a cost of Rs 2,236 crore.
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), chaired by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, also approved a proposal to procure Ground Hubs for real-time connectivity of Software Defined Radios (SDRs).
Tamil Nadu govt signs 59 MoUs for projects worth Rs 35,208 crore
- The Tamil Nadu government on 23 Nov’21 signed 59 MoUs for projects worth Rs 35,208 crore in various sectors including aerospace and defence.
- ‘TN Fin-Tech Policy 2021’ was also released by CM M K Stalin.
- He also inaugurated commercial production of 10 firms under various projects in different sectors, totally worth Rs 3,928 crore.
- Such production units would provide jobs to 3,944 people.
NITI Aayog signs Statement of Intent with BMZ
- NITI Aayog and Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), Germany signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) on Nov 23, 2021.
- This SoI intends to establish an overarching mechanism as “NITI- BMZ Dialogue on Development Cooperation”.
- Both would conduct joint research to assist in the development of approaches and formulation of policies to address multi-sectoral challenges.
JP Morgan becomes world’s most systemic bank
- JP Morgan Chase has become the world’s most systemically important bank once again according to the latest annual ranking of top lenders by global regulators.
- The Financial Stability Board (FSB), made up of regulators from G20 countries, published its latest table of the world’s 30 most systemic banks on 23 Nov’21.
- JP Morgan had last been the world’s most systemic bank in 2019.
HDFC Mutual Fund launches a multi-cap scheme
- HDFC Asset Management Company has announced the launch of a new fund offer (NFO) for an open-ended equity scheme called HDFC multi cap fund.
- The fund will open for subscription on 23 November 2021 and close on 7 December 2021.
- It will make mandatory allocation of a minimum of 25% of its total assets each in large, mid, and small-cap companies.
FM Nirmala Sitharaman launches Tejasvini and Hausala schemes
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on 23 November 2021 launched Tejasvini and Hausala schemes of J&K Bank.
- Tejasvini scheme focuses on providing financial assistance of Rs. 5 lakh to girls between 18-35 years for starting their business.
- She also launched Shikhar and Shikara schemes of Punjab National Bank (PNB) and SIDBI cluster development fund for Rs. 200 crores.
BSE, Madurai District Gold and Silver Merchant Association sign MoU
- Stock exchange BSE has collaborated with the Madurai District Gold and Silver Merchant Association.
- It will provide the impetus for the growth and development of commodities and the proposed electronic gold receipt (EGR) market in India.
- The MoU between them will also explore potential business to promote the launch of the India International Bullion Exchange (IIBX) at GIFT City IFSC.
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik cabinet approves ‘Odisha Electronics Policy’
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on 23 November 2021 approved “Odisha Electronics Policy 2021” to promote the Electronics System Design and Manufacturing industry.
- This scheme will remain in force until 31st March 2026 or till substituted by another scheme.
- Subsidy of range from Rs.10 crores to Rs. 250 crores will be provided to ESDM Units on the basis of their fixed capital investment.
Welspun One signs MoU with Tamil Nadu to invest Rs 2500 crore
- Welspun One Logistics Parks (WOLP) has signed an MoU with Guidance – the Government of Tamil Nadu’s nodal agency.
- It has been signed for investment promotion and single window facilitation.
- The projects will be executed by Welspun and will bring direct investments of approximately Rs 2500 cr to Tamil Nadu.
- A total of six projects have been proposed in prime warehousing micro-markets.
1st International Conference on Hydrogen Energy inaugurated
- The 1st International Conference on Hydrogen Energy – Policies, Infrastructure Development and Challenges is being held from 24-25 November 2021.
- It is being organized by Central Board of Irrigation and Power (CBIP) with the support of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- It was inaugurated by Bhagwanth Khuba, Minister of State for New and Renewable Energy, Chemicals and Fertilizers.
Tata Steel bags 5 awards at the 37th INVEST International Conference
- Indian Value Engineering Society (INVEST) has conferred Tata Steel the prestigious “Handa Golden Key Award” for excellence in systematic application of Value Engineering at Engineering and Projects.
- The company has also been awarded the “Mohta Award” for the best Value Engineering case study in India.
- The rest of them include two “Commendation Awards” and a Fellowship of INVEST (FINVEST).
L&T signs pact with Tamil Nadu to build a data centre at Kanchipuram
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has entered into a pact with the Tamil Nadu government to establish a data center in the state.
- L&T will establish 90 MW capacity data centers and associated units in a phased manner in Kanchipuram over the next five years.
- The Government of Tamil Nadu will provide uninterrupted power supply and other infrastructure support on a best-effort basis.
India, ADB sign $300 million loans to improve primary health care
- The Government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) have signed a $300 million loan to strengthen and improve access to comprehensive primary health care in urban areas of 13 states.
- It will benefit over 256 million urban dwellers including 51 million from slum areas.
- The programme is supported by a $2 million technical assistance grant from ADB’s Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction.
NASA launches DART spacecraft on 24 November 2021
- The world’s first planetary defense system called the DART spacecraft was successfully launched by NASA on 24 November 2021.
- The DART (Double Asteroid Redirection Test) blasted off aboard a SpaceX rocket from Vandenberg Space Force Base in California.
- The target of the spacecraft is a small moonlet called Dimorphos which is about 160-meter in diameter.