Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 2nd November 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 2nd November 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
All Saints’ Day: 1 November; All Souls Day: 2 November
- November 1 is observed as All Saints’ Day.
- It’s a holy Christian festival that follows the popular Halloween marked on October 31.
- Basically, it was the eve of All Saints’ Day that came to be known as ‘All Hallows Eve’, which eventually went on to be called Halloween.
- All Souls’ Day is celebrated a day after, i.e. 2 Nov, to honour and pray for the dead who are believed to be in purgatory.
Parumala Perunnal: 2 November
- Parumala Perunnal is observed on 2 November in Kerala every year.
- It is an annual feast held to commemorate the death anniversary of Bishop Mar Gregorios Metropolitan, the first canonised saint of the Malankara Orthodox Church of Kerala.
- The mortal remains of the Bishop are interred in the church.
- On the ormaperunnal (commemoration day), special prayers are offered at the church.
Union Education Minister launches Bhasha Sangam initiative for school
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on 1 November 2021 launched Bhasha Sangam initiative for schools, Bhasha Sangam mobile app and Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat Mobile Quiz.
- Bhasha Sangam is an initiative of the Ministry of Education under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- It aims to teach basic sentences of everyday usage in 22 Indian languages.
India aims for net-zero emissions by 2070, Modi tells COP26
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 1 November 2021, pledged to cut India’s net carbon emissions to zero by 2070.
- India is the world’s third-largest emitter of greenhouse gases.
- PM Modi informed that India would scale up its non-fossil energy generation capacity to 500GW by 2030, and meet 50% of its energy requirements from renewables by the same deadline.
Sarbananda Sonowal launches five vessels at Cochin Shipyard Limited
- Union Minister for Ports, Shipping and Waterways and AYUSH, Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated the simultaneous launching of five vessels at Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL), on 1 Nov’21.
- Three Floating Border Out-Posts (FBOP) for the Border Security Force and two Fully Electric Autonomous Ferries for ASKO Maritime AS, Norway, which are amongst the world’s first Autonomous Ferries, were inaugurated.
Pawan Kapoor appointed new ambassador of India to Russia
- Pawan Kapoor, New Delhi’s envoy to the United Arab Emirates, has been appointed as the new ambassador of India to Russia.
- Pawan Kapoor, who joined the Indian Foreign Service (IFS) in 1990, will succeed D B Venkatesh Varma in Moscow.
- Sunjay Sudhir, who was till recently India’s High Commissioner to the Maldives, has been appointed as the next envoy of New Delhi to Abu Dhabi.
Dinesh Patnaik appointed as Ambassador of India to Spain
- Dinesh K Patnaik has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Spain.
- Dinesh K Patnaik is a 1990 batch Indian Foreign Services (IFS) officer from Odisha.
- At present, he is serving as the Director-General of the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR).
- He is expected to take up the assignment shortly.
- Spain is a country on Europe’s the Iberian Peninsula.
Yes Bank appoints Sharad Sharma as Non-Executive Director
- Yes Bank has appointed Sharad Sharma as a Non-Executive Director with effect from November 1, 2021.
- He was Managing Director of State Bank of Mysore during the period from August 2012 to April 2016, where he was seconded from State Bank of India (SBI).
- He joined the Union Bank of India as a probationary officer in 1975 before joining SBI as PO in September 1977.
Rajasthan mandates 90-day internship to claim unemployment allowance
- Rajasthan government has made it mandatory for unemployed youths in the state to undergo a four-hour internship every day for three months to avail an allowance under the ‘Mukhyamantri Yuva Sambal Yojana 2021’ from 2022.
- The revised guidelines for the ‘Mukhyamantri Yuva Sambal Yojana 2021’ will come into effect from January 1, 2022.
- The monthly unemployment allowance is ₹4,000 for men.
Novavax gets first emergency use authorization for its covid vaccine
- Novavax and Serum Institute of India (SII) has announced that their Covid vaccine has got emergency use authorization from Indonesia.
- The National Agency of Drug and Food Control of the Republic of Indonesia has granted emergency use authorization for Novavax’s recombinant nanoparticle protein-based Covid vaccine.
- It will be manufactured by SII and marketed under the brand name COVOVAX.
Dept of Animandal Husbry and Dairying to organise a Stakeholder Forum
- The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying will organize a Stakeholder Forum on 3 November 2021 on the theme ‘Industry and One Health’ as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- It will be held on the occasion of International One Health Day.
- Discussions will be held on the impact on health if One Health approach is ignored.
‘Har Ghar Dastak’ nationwide vaccination campaign begins
- The Centre has launched a mega vaccination campaign- ‘Har Ghar Dastak’ with a view to speed up Covid -19 vaccination drive, from 1 November 2021.
- Under the campaign, healthcare workers in all the states will visit door-to-door to vaccinate people eligible for second dose and also those who have not taken the first dose.
- More than 106 cr ore34 lakh vaccine doses have been administered so far.
‘Vax’ named Oxford English Dictionary’s Word Of The Year 2021
- “Vax” has been named the Word of the Year for 2021, according to the annual report from Oxford Languages.
- It is colloquialism meaning either vaccine or vaccination as a noun and vaccinate as a verb.
- In Sept 2021, vax appeared more than 72 times more frequently than 2020, according to Oxford Languages, which analyses news content to track changes in the English language.
Haryana CM launches Haryana Engineering Works portal
- Haryana Chief Minister on 1 November 2021, launched Haryana Engineering Works portal https://works.haryana.gov.in.
- The portal has been launched with the objective to provide Ease of Doing business facility to the contractors willing to work with four primary engineering departments of the state government.
- They will be exempted from Earnest Money Deposit (EMD).
Uttarakhand’s first Internet Exchange was inaugurated on 1 November 2021
- Union Minister of State for Electronics and Information Technology Rajeev Chandrashekhar inaugurated Uttarakhand’s first Internet Exchange in a virtual ceremony in Dehradun on 1 November 2021.
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology will help facilitate internet services in rural areas of the state.
- The next internet exchange will be installed in Nainital.
73rd Information and Public Relations Day celebrated in Manipur: 1 Nov
- In Manipur, 73rd Information and Public Relations Day was celebrated at the Directorate of Information and Public Relations (DIPR) Auditorium, Imphal on 1 Nov 2021.
- It was on this day in 1949 that the Publicity office of the Government of Manipur was set up with the late R.K. Maipaksana as the first Publicity Officer.
- Rajat Kamal, awardee of the 67th National Film Award, was felicitated.
Aviation Corps of Indian Army celebrated 36th Raising Day: 1 November
- The Aviation Corps of Indian Army celebrated its 36th Raising Day on 1 November 2021.
- Lieutenant General AK Suri, Director General and Colonel Commandant of Army Aviation Corps laid a wreath at National War Memorial and paid homage to the brave hearts on the occasion.
- The Army Aviation Corps was raised on 1st November 1986 as a separate Corps and it is one of the youngest Corps of the Army.
International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists:2 Nov
- November 2 is observed as the International Day to End Impunity for Crimes against Journalists.
- The date was chosen by the UN in commemoration of the assassination of two French journalists in Mali on 2 November 2013.
- Between 2006 and 2020, over 1,200 journalists have been killed for reporting the news and bringing information to the public.
#Top Current Affairs
@Top Current Affairs 2nd November 2021
Important Link :-