Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Top Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 25th October 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs on 25th October 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
International Artists Day: 25 October
- International Artists Day is observed every year on 25 October.
- The day commemorates the importance of art as an important medium of human expression.
- Canadian artist, Chris MacClure, founded International Artists’ Day in 2014.
- The day also pays homage to one of the most celebrated artists of the last century, Pablo Picasso, whose birthday is celebrated on the same date.
World Opera Day: 25 October
- World Opera Day is celebrated on 25 October every year.
- The date falls on the birthdays of Georges Bizet and Johann Strauss, composers of possibly the world’s most famous opera and operetta.
- World Opera Day is an initiative led by three professional opera organisations: Opera America, Opera Latinoamerica, and Opera Europa.
- Opera is a dramatic story told through song.
International Dwarfism Awareness Day: 25 October
- International Dwarfism Awareness Day is celebrated every year on 25 October.
- The day spreads awareness for achondroplasia, a bone growth disorder that causes dwarfism.
- It occurs in one in every 15,000 to one in 40,000 live births.
- 25th October was chosen as the day because it was the birthday of Billy Barty who was an American actor who had dwarfism.
Karnataka celebrated Kittur Rani Chennamma Jayanthi on 23 October
- Karnataka celebrated “Kittur Rani Chennamma Jayanthi” on October 23, 2021.
- Kittur Chennamma was born on October 23, 1778.
- She was the Queen of Kittur, a princely state in Karnataka.
- She led an armed rebellion in the year 1824, against the British East India Company (BEIC).
- One of the first female rulers to rebel against British rule, she became a folk hero in Karnataka.
Seed Production Technology of giant freshwater prawn launched in Bihar
- Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting and Fisheries and Animal Husbandry, Dr. L Murugan has inaugurated the Seed Production Technology of giant freshwater prawn/scampi in Bihar.
- The National Fisheries Development Board has provided financial assistance of Rs 77.16 lakh for it.
- The Recirculate Freshwater Prawn Hatchery will have a production capacity of 5 mn PL per annum.
Indian Naval Ships sail to Sri Lanka on a four-day visit
- The first Training Squadron comprising Indian Naval Ships Sujata, Magar, Shardul, Sudarshini, Tarangini, and Coast Guard Ship Vikram is on a four-day visit to Sri Lanka from 24 Oct 2021.
- This is part of their Overseas Deployment for the 100th and 101st Integrated Officers Training Course.
- The Indian Navy has been imparting training to international trainees for more than four decades now.
67th National Film Awards presented- I
- The 67th National Film Awards were presented by Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu in New Delhi on 25 October 2021.
- Kangana Ranaut got the Best Actress award for her movies ‘Manikarnika -The Queen of Jhansi’ and ‘Panga’.
- Actor Manoj Bajpayee was awarded the Best Actor award for Hindi movie ‘Bhonsle’ and Dhanush got the award for Tamil Movie ‘Asuran’.
67th National Film Awards presented- II
- Veteran actor Rajinikanth was honoured with the Dada Saheb Phalke Award.
- Malayalam movie ‘Marakkar Arabikkadilinte Simham’ directed by Priyadarshan was awarded the Best Feature Film Award.
- B. Praak got the Best Male Playback Singer award for the song “Teri Mitti” in Hindi Film ‘Kesari’.
- Sanjay Puran Singh Chauhan was given the Best Direction Award for the Hindi film ‘Bahattar Hoorain’.
@Top Current Affairs 25th October 2021
#Top Current Affairs 25th October 2021
The four-day Army Commanders’ Conference began on 25 October in New Delhi
- The second Army Commanders’ Conference 2021 began in New Delhi on 25 October 2021.
- It will be a 4-day event.
- It is a formal forum for the senior leadership of the Indian Army to interact with the senior officials of the Department of Military Affairs and Department of Defence.
- It is an apex level biannual event that is held in April and October every year.
China passes new law to strengthen land border protection
- China’s legislature has passed a new law to strengthen land border protection.
- The law will now govern how Beijing guards its 22,000-km long land border that it shares with 14 countries.
- The new law will take effect on January 1, 2022.
- The law states “stipulates that the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the People’s Republic of China are sacred and inviolable”.
PM Modi to launch the Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana (PM-ASBY)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to visit Uttar Pradesh to launch Pradhan Mantri Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana (PM-ASBY) on 25 October 2021.
- He will also inaugurate nine medical colleges in the State.
- This Yojana will be one of the largest pan-India schemes for strengthening healthcare infrastructure across the country.
- It will be in addition to the National Health Mission.
Tamil film ‘Koozhangal’: India’s official entry to the Oscars 2022
- Tamil film Koozhangal (Pebbles) has been announced as India’s official entry to the Oscars 2022.
- The film will compete for the Academy Award for Best International Feature Film 2022.
- The 94th Academy Awards will be held on March 27, 2022, in Los Angeles.
- Koozhangal also won the prestigious Tiger Award, the top honour at the 50th edition of the International Film Festival Rotterdam 2021.
Vice President releases 100th book of Vanguri Foundation of America
- The Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu virtually released the 100th book of the Vanguri Foundation of America on 24th October 2021.
- The book titled ‘7va Prapancha Sahiti Sadassu Sabha Vishesha Sanchika’ is based on the 7th World Telugu Literary Summit organized by the Vanguri Foundation of America in collaboration with other Telugu cultural organizations in October 2020.
Max Verstappen wins United States Grand Prix in Texas
- Red Bull’s Verstappen won in US Grand Prix in Austin, Texas, on 24 October 2021.
- Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton came second in the race.
- Red Bull’s Mexican Sergio Perez was third.
- The win was Verstappen’s eighth of the season, and first in America.
China launches the Shijian-21 satellite
- China launched the Shijian-21 satellite from Xichang on 23 October 2021 with the stated aim of testing space debris mitigation technologies.
- A Long March 3B lifted off from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center, sending Shijian-21 into a geosynchronous transfer orbit.
- Shijian-21 will test and verify space debris mitigation technologies.
Pradhan inaugurates phase-II of Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship
- Union Minister for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Shri Dharmendra Pradhan launched phase-II of the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship on 25 Oct’21.
- It is a two-year-long fellowship conceived to create opportunities for young, dynamic individuals to contribute to enhancing skill development at the grassroots.
- It seeks to combine classroom sessions by academic partner IIMs.
Hyderabad Police launches new initiative for women’s safety
- For better safety and security of women, Hyderabad Police’s ‘She’ unit started a new initiative called ‘Saat Saat Ab Aur Bhi Pass’ that was launched by the Hyderabad City Police on 23 October 2021.
- As part of this, Hyderabad Commissioner of Police Anjani Kumar inaugurated “SAAT – Saath Ab Aur Bhi Pas”.
- ‘She’ teams were launched on October 24, 2014, in Hyderabad City.
International Olympic Committee to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 50%
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has announced that it will cut its direct and indirect greenhouse gas emissions by 50 per cent by 2030.
- The initiative is part of its commitment to tackling climate change.
- The announcement was made by IOC President Thomas Bach during the General Assembly of the Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOC), currently taking place in Greece.
Ashok Leyland hands over 500 vehicles to ‘Project Mumkin’ for JK youth
- Ashok Leyland, on 25 October 2021, reinforced its commitment towards the youth under the Jammu and Kashmir administration’s ‘Project Mumkin’ by providing them with a fleet of 500 small commercial vehicles named ‘Dost’.
- This partnership will encourage entrepreneurship among the youth.
- The keys of some of the vehicles were handed over to youths by Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
India, UK held first-ever joint tri-services exercise Konkan Shakti
- The first-ever tri-services joint exercise named Konkan Shakti 2021 between India and the UK began on October 21, 2021.
- The maritime component of the exercise is being conducted off India’s west coast in two phases.
- The Harbour phase was held in Mumbai from October 21 to October 23, 2021.
- The sea phase of the exercise will conclude on October 27, 2021.
Israel declares climate change ‘national security issue
- Israel’s PM Naftali Bennett has declared the fight against climate change a “national security” priority and pledged to “facilitate” investments in green energy.
- The Israeli govt has also announced the creation of working groups on climate change.
- It is one of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) member states that invest the least in public transport.
Admiral M Shaheen Iqbal on a visit to India from 23-29 October 2021
- Admiral M Shaheen Iqbal, Chief of Naval Staff, Bangladesh Navy, is on an official visit to India, from 23-29 October 2021.
- In New Delhi, he will interact with the Chief of Naval Staff, in addition to the Chief of Defence Staff.
- During the bilateral interactions, issues relating to joint cooperative efforts like Coordinated Patrol along International Maritime Boundary Line would be discussed.
India’s 1st indigenous aircraft carrier begins 2nd phase of sea trials
- India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier (IAC) Vikrant set sail on 24 October 2021 for the second sea trials, ahead of its planned induction into the Indian Navy by August 2022.
- The warship will operate MiG-29K fighter jets, Kamov-31 helicopters, MH-60R multi-role helicopters.
- The 40,000-tonne aircraft carrier is the largest and most complex warship to be built in India.
#Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-