Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Top Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 24th October 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs on 24th October 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
World Polio Day: 24 October
- World Polio Day is celebrated every year on 24 October.
- It was initiated by Rotary International to commemorate the birth of Jonas Salk, who developed a vaccine against poliomyelitis.
- World Polio Day 2021 theme is “One Day. One Focus: Ending Polio – delivering on our promise of a polio-free world!”
- Poliomyelitis is a highly infectious viral disease, which mainly affects young children.
United Nations Day: 24 October
- United Nations Day is observed every year on 24 October.
- The day marks the anniversary of the day in 1945 when the UN Charter entered into force.
- It was only in 1947, when the United Nations General Assembly declared 24 October as the anniversary of the Charter of the United Nations.
- The theme for the year 2021 is “Recovering better for an equitable and sustainable world”.
World Development Information Day: 24 October
- World Development Information Day is celebrated annually on October 24th.
- The day focuses on improving the dissemination of information and mobilizing public opinion, especially among young people.
- 24 October was selected since it was also the date of the adoption of the International Development Strategy for the Second United Nations Development Decade, in 1970.
@Top Current Affairs 24th October 2021
#Top Current Affairs
Shafey Kidwai comes up with a book on Sir Syed Ahmad Khan
- Shafey Kidwai has come up with his new book titled “Sir Syed Ahmad Khan: Reason, Religion And Nation”.
- The book is about Sir Syed Ahmad Khan, who was the founder of Mohammedan Anglo-Oriental College that later became Aligarh Muslim University.
- He was an Islamic pragmatist, reformer, philosopher, and educationist.
- 17 October 2021 marked the 204th birth anniversary of Sir Syed Khan.
S. Balachandran: High Commissioner to St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- S. Balachandran has been concurrently accredited as the next High Commissioner of India to St. Vincent and the Grenadines with residence in Paramaribo.
- He is presently Ambassador of India to the Republic of Suriname,
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines is a southern Caribbean nation comprising a main island, St. Vincent, and a chain of smaller islands.
Sahdev Yadav elected as IWLF President
- Sahdev Yadav was elected the president of the Indian Weightlifting Federation (IWLF) in October 2021.
- S.H. Anande Gowda and Naresh Sharma were elected Secretary General and Treasurer respectively.
- A total of 10 vice presidents, 4 joint secretaries and 7 executive committee members were also elected.
Former Tamil Nadu batter R.C. Vasanth Kumar passes away
- Former Tamil Nadu batter R.C. Vasanth Kumar passed away in October 2021.
- Vasanth made 1097 runs in 22 first-class games at 32.26.
- He scored three hundreds and an equal number of 50s, with a highest of 151.
- Vasanth, also the Hon. Secretary of the Magnet Cricket Club, was active in the cricketing circles.
- He also played a few games for Saurashtra.
Divya Dutta to come up with new book ‘Stars In My Sky’
- National Award-winning actress Divya Dutta will come up with her new book titled ‘Stars In My Sky’.
- She turned an author in 2017 with her memoir ‘Me and Ma’. and this is her second book.
- Divya will share her emotional journey of becoming an actor along with some of her defining moments as an artist, in the book.
- The book will be released on 25 October 2021.
Weekly Current Affairs One-Liners – 1st (17th Oct to 23rd Oct)
- Every year on 21 October the anniversary of the formation of the Azad Hind Government is celebrated across the country.
- India is ranked at 71st position in the Global Food Security (GFS) Index 2021 of 113 countries.
- The 52nd edition of the International Film Festival of India, IFFI will be held in Goa from November 20-28, 2021.
- Mole Day is marked on October 23 annually.
Weekly Current Affairs One-Liners – 2nd (17th Oct to 23rd Oct)
- Dr Akshata Prabhu won the title at Ms International World 2021.
- Police Commemoration Day is observed on 21st October, every year.
- First Maori woman will become New Zealand’s Governor-general.
- TVS Motor Company won India Green Energy Award.
Weekly Current Affairs One-Liners – 3rd (17th Oct to 23rd Oct)
- Bhavani Devi won Charlellville National Competition in France.
- Cameron Mola won the 2021 Premio Planeta literary prize.
- Abhidhamma Day is observed on 20 October every year.
- India occupies the top spot globally in emissions related to crop burning.
Weekly Current Affairs One-Liners – 4th (17th Oct to 23rd Oct)
- Jonas Gahr Store has been elected Norway’s new Prime Minister.
- Indian football team has won the South Asian Football Championship 2021.
- Imtiaz Ali was appointed as ambassador of the Russian Film Festival in India.
- Mount Harriet was renamed Mount Manipur in Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
Indonesia beats China to win Thomas Cup 2021
- Indonesia lifted the Thomas Cup trophy for the first time since 2002 after defeating China 3-0 in the final in October 2021.
- Indonesia are the most successful nation in the history of the team championship of men’s badminton with 14 titles but hadn’t won the cup for 19 years.
- China settled for silver while Japan and hosts Denmark shared the bronze.
Rajasthan govt launches campaign ‘Prashasan Gaon ke Sang’
- Rajastan government has launched a mega campaign ‘Prashasan Gaon ke Sang’.
- It will enable access to 22 departments of the local administration for people of the remotest villages in Rajasthan.
- Under the campaign, the departments would be holding camps at every gram panchayat to offer on-spot solutions to the applicants.
- The campaign commenced on 2 Oct’21 and will continue till 17 Dec’21.
The US successfully tests Hypersonic Missile Technology
- The United States successfully tested hypersonic missile technology in Oct 2021.
- The test was conducted at a NASA facility in Wallops, Virginia.
- This test demonstrated advanced hypersonic technologies, capabilities, and prototype systems in a realistic operating environment.
- Hypersonic missiles, like traditional ballistic missiles, can fly more than five times the speed of sound (Mach 5).
Delhi’s child rights body launches bi-annual journal
- The Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights on 23 October 2021 launched a bi-annual journal.
- It will cover all aspects of children’s lives ranging from the challenges of online education to lack of socio-emotional learning during the Covid pandemic across India.
- The first issue of the journal is named ‘Children First: Journal on Children’s Lives’.
Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) Raising Day: 24 October
- The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) commemorated its 60th Raising Day on Oct 24, 2021.
- The ITBP was created in 1962 for reorganising the border intelligence and security set up along the Indo-Tibetan border.
- The ITBP is now deployed to patrol the Indo-China border from Karakoram Pass in Ladakh to Diphu La in Arunachal Pradesh, covering a distance of 3,488 km of the India-China border.
Amit Shah to inaugurate research centre at IIT Jammu
- Union home affairs minister Amit Shah will inaugurate two phases of a multi-disciplinary research center and lay the foundation of the third phase of the center at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Jammu.
- Lieutenant governor Manoj Sinha and Union minister for science and technology Jitendra Singh will be present at the inauguration ceremony.
Russia, China hold their first joint patrol in the western Pacific Ocean
- Russian and Chinese warships held their first joint patrols in the Western part of the Pacific ocean on October 17-23.
- The group of ships passed through the Tsugaru Strait for the first time as part of the patrol.
- The Tsugaru Strait is regarded as international water.
- Moscow and Beijing, which staged naval cooperation drills in the Sea of Japan earlier in October.
India’s First Banni Buffalo IVF Calf Born in Gujrat
- With the birth of first IVF calf of a Buffalo breed namely Banni in the country, India’s OPU – IVF work has reached to next level.
- This first IVF Banni calf is born out of 6 Banni IVF pregnancies established at the doorsteps of a farmer, Vinay . L. Wala of Sushila Agro farms, in Somnath district of Gujarat.
- Government encourages IVF of buffaloes to improve cattle wealth in the country.
Phagu Chauhan felicitated the winners of IndiaSkills 2021 Regional Com
- Phagu Chauhan felicitated the winners of IndiaSkills 2021 Regional Competition held at Patna and awarded each of them a cash prize of Rs 21,000 along with a gold medal.
- A total of 50 candidates won gold medals, while 48 received silver medals.
- 98 have been declared winners who will compete at IndiaSkills Nationals.
- The first runners up were given Rs 11,000 and a silver medal.
Olympic sprinter Alex Quinonez passes away at the age of 32
- Ecuador’s 2019 200 meters world bronze medallist Alex Quinonez who allowed his countrymen to “dream” has been shot dead in the port city of Guayaquil.
- Quinonez was suspended prior to the Tokyo Olympics due to a “breach of his whereabouts obligations” — was also hailed by Ecuador’s president Guillermo Lasso.
- Quinonez was the first Ecuadorian athlete to win a global medal in a track event.
‘Iconic Week’ festival begins in J-K to promote tourism, culture
- In an effort to promote culture and tourism in Jammu and Kashmir, a weeklong festival, “Iconic Week” was started on 23 October.
- The celebration of “Iconic Week” will continue until October 29.
- It was organized by the Jammu and Kashmir Tourism Department, on the opening day of the festival, a cultural program was held at the General Zorawar Singh Auditorium in Jammu.
Uttar Pradesh government to rename Faizabad railway junction
- Uttar Pradesh government has decided to rename Faizabad railway junction as Ayodhya Cantt railway station.
- The UP government in 2008 had renamed Faizabad as Ayodhya.
- Opened in 1874, the Faizabad railway station comes under the Northern Railway zone.
- The government had also changed the name of Mughalsarai railway junction to Pt Deen Dayal Upadhyay junction earlier.
ICRA appoints Ramnath Krishnan as Managing Director and Group CEO
- ICRA has announced the appointment of Ramnath Krishnan as the MD and Group CEO.
- He joined ICRA in 2020 and is currently President – Ratings and Chief Rating Officer.
- ICRA Ltd is an Indian independent and professional investment information and credit rating agency.
- It was established in 1991, and was originally named Investment Information and Credit Rating Agency of India Limited.
#Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-