Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 1st November 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 1st November 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Foundation Day of Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, and Haryana: 1 November
- 1 November is observed as the Foundation Day of Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, and Haryana.
- MP was formed in 1956.
- Before this, Bhopal, presently the capital of MP, was a separate state.
- On November 1 in 1956, the government formed Karnataka.
- It was initially called Mysore but was renamed ‘Karnataka’ in 1973.
- Haryana was constituted in 1966.
- It was separated from Punjab.
World Vegan Day: 1 November
- Every year on November 1, World Vegan Day is celebrated.
- It is a day to celebrate the custom of embracing an all-green diet that excludes dairy and animal products.
- The year 2021 will mark the 77 years of World Vegan Day.
- The day was established in 1994 to mark the golden jubilee of the UK Vegan Society and to celebrate the term “vegan.”
- Vegan Society was established in November of 1944
@Top Current Affairs 1st November 2021
#Top Current Affairs 1st November 2021
Formation Day of Kerala and Chhattisgarh: 1 November
- 1 November is observed as the formation of states Kerala and Chhattisgarh.
- Kerala celebrates its founding day as Kerala Piravi Day.
- It was formed on November 1, 1956, long after the Independence of the country.
- Chhattisgarh celebrates its formation day as ‘Chhattisgarh Rajyotsava.’
- It was carved out of Madhya Pradesh and was declared an independent state by the government in 2000.
G-20 Summit adopts Rome Declaration
- The G20 summit, which concluded on 31 October 2021, has adopted Rome Declaration.
- The member countries have agreed on mutual recognition of vaccines, strengthening of WHO to give faster approvals to vaccines, and suspending debt servicing for developing countries till December 2021.
- Union Minister Piyush Goyal was India’s G20 Sherpa.
NALSA and NCW launched a pan-India legal awareness programme
- The National Commission for Women (NCW), along with National Legal Services Authority (NALSA), on 30 October 2021 launched a pan-India legal awareness programme.
- The programme “Empowerment of Women through Legal Awareness” was launched in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- It will impart practical knowledge about legal rights and remedies provided under various women-related laws.
Ministry of Rural Development launches initiative for SHG women
- The Ministry of Rural Development has launched an initiative to enable rural women Self Help Groups (SHGs) to earn at least one lakh rupees per annum.
- 2 crore 50 lakh rural Self Help Groups women will be provided livelihood support in the next two years.
- Based on various models existing across the country, a detailed advisory has been issued to the state governments.
Former PM Indira Gandhi’s death anniversary: 31 October
- Former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi’s death anniversary falls on 31 October every year.
- The late Congress leader was assassinated by her Sikh bodyguards on 31 October 1984, in retaliation to her Operation Blue Star.
- The only female PM of the country, Gandhi was known for the reforms she introduced such as the nationalization of banks and abolition of privy purses of the royal families.
COP26 Climate Change Summit begins in Glasgow in Scotland
- COP26 Climate Change Summit began on 31 October 2021 in Glasgow, Scotland.
- PM Modi will also participate in it.
- The conference of the parties (COP), is an annual summit under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).
- The UNFCCC is a global agreement signed in 1992, between 197 countries to prevent dangerous human interference with the climate system.
Pearl Agarwal becomes First Miss India 2021
- The First Miss India 2021 title was bagged by Pearl Agarwal with Lekh Utaiah as 1st runner up and Shreya Gupta as the 2nd runner up.
- Rayna Sikri was declared as the First Miss India Teen 2021 with Shubhi Dhaneta as 1st runner up.
- The grand finale of the All India Beauty Pageants First Miss India’21 and First Miss India Teen’21 was held in Goa on 30 October 2021.
Alexander Zverev beats Frances Tiafoe to win fifth ATP title in 2021
- Alexander Zverev won his fifth ATP title of the season and 18th overall on 31 October 2021 by defeating American qualifier Frances Tiafoe 7-5, 6-4 at the Erste Bank Open.
- He became the second player after Norwegian Casper Ruud with five tournament wins in 2021.
- Alexander Zverev is 25-2 since losing to Felix Auger-Aliassime in the fourth round of Wimbledon.
Violinist Prabhakar Jog passes away
- Noted violinist Prabhakar Jog passed away in October 2021.
- He had performed more than 80 solo programmes as part of ‘Ganare Violin’ shows in India and Dubai.
- He worked as a musician and composer for more than six decades and made significant contributions to Marathi and Hindi film music.
- He was a recipient of the Gan Samragni Lata Mangeshkar Award for lifetime achievement in 2015.
P Valsala gets Ezhuthachan award
- Noted Malayalam novelist and short story writer P Valsala has been selected for the prestigious Ezhuthachan Puraskaram 2021.
- She has been recognized for her valuable contribution to the Malayalam language and literature.
- The honour carries a cash award of Rs 5,00,000 and a citation.
- The Kerala government’s highest literary honour has been named after Thunchaththu Ramanujan Ezhuthachan.
Axis Bank signs MoU with Indian Navy for salary accounts
- Axis Bank has signed an MoU with the Indian Navy, offering a defence service salary package.
- Through the exclusive defence service salary package–Power Salute–Axis Bank will offer numerous benefits to all ranks of the Indian Navy, veterans and cadets.
- The benefits include a personal accident cover of up to ₹56 lakh.
- It also includes zero processing fee and 12 EMI waivers on home loans.
GST collection in October crosses ₹1.3 lakh crore, the second-highest ever
- The gross GST revenue collected in the month of October 2021 exceeded ₹1.3 lakh crore.
- The GST revenues for October are the second-highest ever since the introduction of GST, second only to that in April 2021, which is related to year-end revenues.
- The revenues for the month of October 2021 are 24% higher than the GST revenues in the same month 2020.
Venkatakrishnan named CEO of Barclays after Jes Staley steps down
- CS Venkatakrishnan will replace Jes Staley as CEO of Barclays with immediate effect.
- He was head of global markets, co-president of Barclays Bank PLC, and a member of the Group Executive Committee of Barclays, based in New York.
- He is the executive sponsor for Embrace, the global multi-cultural network at Barclays.
- Prior to joining Barclays in 2016, he worked at JP Morgan Chase from 1994.
RBI appoints Bandhan Bank as agency bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has authorized private lender Bandhan Bank as its agency bank for undertaking government business.
- As an agency bank of the RBI, authorized to undertake government business, Bandhan Bank will be able to handle transactions related to the collection of state taxes and revenue receipts such as goods and services tax (GST) and value-added tax (VAT).
Amit Shah launches Dairy Sahakar scheme in Gujarat
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah on 1 November 2021 launched the Dairy Sahakar scheme at Gujarat’s Anand with the overall objectives of doubling the farmers’ income and Atmanirbhar Bharat.
- He also addressed Amul’s 75th foundation day in Anand.
- He also inaugurated 4.18 kilometres long elevated corridor from Gota Flyover to Science City Box in Ahmedabad city of Gujarat.
Justice Ramalingam Sudhakar appointed as NCLT President
- Retired Judge Ramalingam Sudhakar has been appointed as the President of the National Company Law Tribunal.
- The appointment has been made for a period of five years or till he reaches the age of 67 years.
- Justice Sudhakar was the Chief Justice of Manipur High Court from May 2018 till his retirement in February 2021.
- He had also been the acting Chief Justice of Jammu and Kashmir High Court.
Microsoft stock becomes world’s most valuable; beating Apple
- Microsoft passed Apple in market cap in October 2021, making it the world’s most valuable publicly-traded company.
- Microsoft had a market cap of nearly $2.49 trillion at market close, while Apple’s stood at about $2.46 trillion.
- Apple was the first company to reach a $1 trillion and $2 trillion market cap.
- It became the world’s most valuable when it surpassed Saudi Aramco in 2020.
India and World Bank sign agreement for Meghalaya
- Government of India, Government of Meghalaya, and the World Bank signed a $40 million health project for Meghalaya in October 2021.
- The project will improve the quality of health services and strengthen the state’s capacity to handle future health emergencies.
- The Meghalaya Health Systems Strengthening Project will enhance the management and governance capabilities of the state.
Kashmir gets its first-ever open-air floating theatre at Dal Lake
- Kashmir has got the first-ever open-air floating theatre in the famous Dal lake.
- The theatre was launched on by J-K Chief Secretary Arun Kumar Mehta in October 2021.
- Bollywood film ‘Kashmir ki Kali’ was shown to tourists and residents of the area in the theatre.
- The theatre will benefit tourism in J&K.
- The concept of open-air is pretty unique, not found anywhere in this world.
260 ITBP personnel awarded for action in Ladakh
- As many as 260 Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) personnel were awarded the Union Home Minister’s Special Operation Medal on 31 October 2021.
- They were awarded for rendering exceptional service during the ongoing military standoff with the Chinese army in eastern Ladakh.
- This is the highest number of awards given to the police force in one go in the country.
Arun Chawla appointed as Director-General of FICCI
- FICCI has appointed Arun Chawla as its new Director-General.
- He will assume charge with immediate effect.
- He joined FICCI in 2011 and is currently the Deputy Secretary-General of the chamber.
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) is a non-governmental trade association and advocacy group based.
- It was established in 1927, on the advice of Mahatma Gandhi.
Ladakh celebrated 2nd foundation day on 31 October 2021
- Ladakh celebrated the 2nd foundation day on 31 October 2021.
- Leh celebrated the foundation day with Ladakh dPal rNgam Duston.
- Ladakh dPal rNgam Duston is being observed in Leh for the last six years to celebrate the Glory of Leh-Ladakh.
- Lt Governor RK Mathur presented Ladakh dPal rNgam Duston award to Nawang Jamyang Chamba Stanzin.
- He also released the logo of UT Ladakh Tourism.
#Top Current Affairs
@Top Current Affairs 1st November 2021
Important Link :-