Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 20th October 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 20th October 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
World Menopause Day: 18 October
- World Menopause Day is observed on 18 October every year.
- The purpose of the day is to raise awareness of menopause and the support options available for improving health and wellbeing.
- The day also encourages early diagnosis and treatment of related conditions such as osteoporosis which often affect postmenopausal women.
- The theme for World Menopause Day 2021 is “Bone Health”.
Mount Harriet in Andaman to be named Mount Manipur
- As a tribute to the freedom fighters of Manipur, the Union government has decided to rename Mount Harriet, an island peak in Andaman and Nicobar islands.
- It will now be known as Mount Manipur.
- Mount Harriet is the third-highest island peak in Andaman and Nicobar islands, where Manipur’s Maharaja Kulchandra Singh and 22 other freedom fighters were imprisoned during the Anglo-Manipuri war.
Imtiaz Ali appointed as ambassador of Russian Film Festival in India
- Director-producer Imtiaz Ali has been roped in as the ambassador of the Russian Film Festival in India.
- As part of the festival, ten notable Russian films of various genres will be premiered for Indian audiences on Disney+ Hotstar from October 16 to Nov 27, 2021.
- The festival was launched in 2020 and has already been successfully held in 14 countries, with more than 200 thousand viewers.
Navrang Saini gets additional charge as IBBI Chairperson
- Navrang Saini has been given the additional charge as the Chairperson of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI).
- The post fell vacant after MS Sahoo retired after a five-year tenure on Sept 30, 2021.
- Saini is a whole time member of IBBI.
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India was established on 1st October, 2016 under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (Code).
India’s first social crypto-token, Chingari’s ‘$GARI’ launched
- Social Token App, Chingari unveiled its’ first-ever crypto token, ‘$GARI’ in Mumbai on 17 October 2021.
- It was launched by the brand ambassador of the tech start-up, Salman Khan.
- Chingari claims to be the first social network in India to have issued crypto tokens.
- $GARI aims to transform the creator ecosystem by enabling creators to set up their e-commerce space.
India’s project Takachar wins Prince William’s Earth shot Prize
- Vidyut Mohan’s agricultural waste recycling project Takachar was named among the winners of Prince William’s inaugural Earthshot Prize, also called the Eco Oscars.
- The award ceremony was organized on 17 October 2021 in London.
- Takachar was named a winner for its technology which reduces smoke emissions by up to 98 percent, aimed at helping improve the air quality.
Indian American scientist gets Lifetime Achievement Award
- Indian American scientist Dr Vivek Lall was presented with the Lifetime Achievement Award at Ritossa Family Summits in Dubai.
- Dr Lall is known for playing a key role in enhancing India-US defence trade and instrumental in some of the top deals between the two countries.
- He was presented with the award in recognition of his “outstanding vision, dedication and success.”
Divya Deshmukh as India’s 22nd Woman Grandmaster
- Once a princess in the game of 64 squares, Divya Deshmukh has now become a queen by wearing the Woman Grandmaster (WGM) crown.
- After a 19-month pandemic break, the 16-year-old Divya continued from where she left off and became Vidarbha’s first and India’s 22nd WGM.
- She achieved the rare feat while playing in an international tournament in Budapest, Hungary.
Former hockey international player Saranjeet Singh passes away
- Former hockey international player Saranjeet Singh passed away in October 2021.
- The former State Bank of India hockey player who played for Coronation Club in local league, represented Hyderabad juniors and seniors in the late 70s and 80s.
- He also played for the Indian team that toured Germany in 1983.
L&T EduTech appoints Sabyasachi Das as CEO
- L&T EdutTech, the recently launched virtual learning subsidiary of Larsen & Toubro, has appointed Sabyasachi Das as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- The conglomerate had launched L&T EduTech on October 15, 2021.
- L&T EduTech offers three verticals of College Connect, Professional and Vocational Skilling, along with Assessment and Certification processes.
S. Jaishankar unveils plaque at ‘Bhoodan Grove’ in Israel
- External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar on 18 October 2021 unveiled the “Bhoodan Grove” plaque at the Jerusalem Forest, Israel.
- He was given a certificate by the Jewish National Fund after unveiling the plaque at “Bhoodan Grove”.
- Jayaprakash Narayan and Indian independence activist, had planted the “Bhoodan Grove” in Jerusalem Forest on May 22, 1960, while returning from Israel to India.
Sona Comstar joins MeitY-Nasscom to boost the digital skills of employees
- Sona Comstar, one of India’s leading automotive technology firms has joined the project FutureSkills Prime.
- The project is a first-of-its-kind public-private collaboration between the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and the National Association of Software and Service Companies (Nasscom).
- It will create digital skills ecosystem for Indian citizens.
Six firms get SEBI approval to raise funds via IPO
- Six firms, which filed draft papers, have got approval from SEBI to raise funds via initial public offerings (IPOs).
- These 6 companies are: FSN E-Commerce Ventures, Adani Wilmar, Star Health and Allied Insurance Company, Sigachi Industries, Latent View Analytics and Penna Cement Industries.
- Penna Cement is one of the largest privately held cement companies in India.
COVID-19 reverses decades of progress in TB elimination: WHO
- The world suffered huge reverses in progress towards tuberculosis (TB) elimination in 2020 because of COVID-19 pandemic.
- A large number of cases went undetected.
- India has been the worst-hit.
- Some 41% of the total number of cases that dropped in 2020, as compared to 2019, came from India.
- These are major findings of the Global TB report released by WHO.
Thales to invest over 1 billion dollars in India’s drone space
- Thales, a French defence and aerospace company will be investing 1.2 billion dollars over a period of five years in India’s drone space.
- A significant part of this investment will range from manufacturing to traffic management and countering rogue drones.
- India currently has 6 lakh drones, a number that Thales expects will rise at least six times in 5-8 years.
Cricketer Rishabh Pant inks NFT deal with Rario
- Indian wicketkeeper and Delhi Capitals captain Rishabh Pant bagged yet another lucrative deal as he signed on with cricket NFT platform Rario.
- Rario is the world’s first officially licensed cricket digital collectibles platform.
- It enables fans to buy and trade NFTs (nonfungible tokens) of their favorite cricketers and international leagues.
Chhattisgarh to set up a board for promoting tea, coffee cultivation
- The Chhattisgarh govt has decided to constitute a board to promote the cultivation of tea and coffee in the state.
- ‘Chhattisgarh Tea Coffee Board’ will be formed under the chairmanship of Agriculture Minister Ravindra Chaubey.
- The constitution of the board is aimed at encouraging the cultivation of tea and coffee in the state and providing more benefits to local farmers.
Dak Sewa awards presented in Telangana
- Telangana Chief Secretary Somesh Kumar presented Dak Sewa awards for the year 2021 on 17 October 2021.
- The awards were given in eight different categories to outstanding performers at the State-level to the employees.
- They were awarded for their unblemished record of service, performance and productivity of the employee, devotion to the duty, leadership qualities, etc.
Tata AIG announces the launch of RPAS insurance
- Tata AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd has announced the launch of Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) insurance, and distribution tie-up with TropoGo, a deep-tech startup.
- Tropogo has established an integrated marketplace providing a one-stop shop for the complete drone ecosystem.
- RPAS insurance is a comprehensive product covering both Hull and Third-Party Liability risks faced by them.
India confirms participation in Moscow Format Meeting on Afghanistan
- India has confirmed its participation in the Moscow Format Meeting on Afghanistan.
- The meeting, which is being hosted by Russia is scheduled to be held in Moscow on 20 October 2021.
- India will be participating in the meeting at the joint secretary level.
- This will be the first Moscow format dialogue after the takeover of Kabul by the Taliban in August 2021.
@Top Current Affairs 18th October 2021
#Top Current Affairs 18th October 2021
Important Link :-