Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 17th October 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 17th October 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
World Trauma Day: 17 October
- Every year, 17th October is celebrated as World Trauma Day.
- This day highlights the increasing rate of accidents and injuries causing death and disability across the world and the need to prevent them.
- Trauma means “any injury caused to the body”.
- The injury may be caused due to many reasons like road accidents, fires, burns, falls, acts of violence, etc.
International Day for the Eradication of Poverty: 17 October
- International Day for the Eradication of Poverty is observed annually on October 17 worldwide.
- It aims to find ways to mitigate and eradicate poverty, and acknowledge the effort and struggle of people living in poverty.
- It was first commemorated in Paris, France, in 1987.
- The theme for 2021 is: “Building Forward Together: Ending Persistent Poverty, Respecting all People and our Planet”.
@Top Current Affairs 17th October 2021
#Top Current Affairs 17th October 2021
Food Tech Summit 2021 organised on 16 October 2021
- The Ministry of Food Processing Industries organized the Food Tech Summit on 16th October 2021.
- It was organized under the Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises (PMFME) Scheme.
- It aimed at setting the stage for all food-tech stakeholders to impart, discuss and acquaint micro enterprises on the new emerging trends in food processing and technological innovation.
The second edition of Naval Commanders’ Conference 2021 from 18 October’21
- The second edition of the Naval Commanders’ Conference of 2021 will be held in New Delhi from 18 to 22 October 2021.
- The conference serves as a platform for Naval Commanders to discuss important maritime matters at the military-strategic level as well as interact with senior government officials through an institutionalised forum.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will address the conference.
Foreign Minister S. Jaishankar to visit Israel from 17-21 October 2021
- India’s Foreign Minister S. Jaishankar will visit Israel from 17-21 October 2021.
- The visit is taking place at the invitation of the Alternate Prime Minister and Foreign Minister of Israel, Yair Lapid.
- India and Israel elevated bilateral relations to Strategic Partnership during the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Israel in July 2017.
‘Red light on, gaadi off’ initiative to begin from October 18, 2021
- ‘Red light on, gaadi off’ initiative will begin in Delhi from October 18, 2021.
- The campaign will run from 18 October to 18 November 2021.
- The campaign was first launched in 2020 to save fuel and reduce air pollution in the city.
- The government will deploy 2,500 Civil Defence Volunteers at 100 intersections under the campaign.
Aadhyaa Aravind wins Global Peace Photo Award
- A 7-year-old girl from Bengaluru Aadhyaa Aravind has won Global Peace Photo Award (Children’s Peace Image of the year).
- She will also visit the Austrian Parliament apart from getting a medal and RS 1,000 euros.
- She is the only Indian to have won this award.
- The photograph that won her the award is the one she captured her mother resting in the lap of her mother at her home.
PM Modi congratulates Jonas Gahr on assuming the office of Norway PM
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 16 October 2021 congratulated Jonas Gahr Store on assuming the office of Prime Minister of Norway.
- Jonas Store became the country’s new prime minister on 14 October 2021.
- He is the leader of Norway’s Labor Party.
- Norway is a parliamentary democracy and constitutional monarchy.
‘Know Your Postman’ app launched to locate beat postman
- Mumbai postal department launched the android-based mobile application ‘Know Your Postman’ on the occasion of National Mails Day on 16 October 2021.
- Using this app, citizens can get details of their beat postman.
- The app also provides information about the local postman, his name, phone number, photo, and post office name.
World leaders to address 4th ISA General Assembly
- The fourth General Assembly of the International Solar Alliance (ISA) will be held virtually from October 18 to 21,2021.
- It will be presided over by the Union Minister for Power, New & Renewable Energy, and the President of the ISA Assembly Raj Kumar Singh.
- The General Assembly is the apex decision-making body of ISA, in which each member country is represented.
Veteran artist Veer Munshi to get Harmony India Awards
- Veteran artist Veer Munshi will get the Harmony India Awards 2021 at a ceremony on 17 October 2021.
- Other prominent personalities to receive this year’s awards are Sahitya Akademi awardee Zareef Ahmad Zareef, Kashmiri singer Prof Kailash Mehra, Ravi Kemmu, and late Shadi Lal Koul.
- This is the 7th edition of the Harmony India Awards.
- The awards were announced by Harmony Cultural Foundation.
“The Great Indian Kitchen” wins big at 51st Kerala State Film Awards
- Jeo Baby-directed ”The Great Indian Kitchen” has bagged the title for the best film and screenplay in the 51st Kerala State Film Awards announced on 16 October 2021.
- The awards were announced by Kerala’s Minister for Film Development Corporation Saji Cheriyan.
- Popular actors Jayasurya and Anna Ben were adjudged the best actor and actress titles in the Film Awards.
Indian football team wins SAFF Championship for the eighth time
- India on 16 October 2021 won the South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Championship.
- India crushed Nepal 3-0 to win their eighth SAFF Championship.
- This is the Indian football team’s first title triumph under head coach Igor Stimac.
- Sunil Chhetri has equalled the iconic Lionel Messi’s international goals, with his 80th international strike in the final between India and Nepal.
Centre notifies appointment of seven new judges to Gujarat High Court
- The Centre on 16 October 2021 notified the appointment of seven advocates as judges of the Gujarat High Court.
- The names of the new judges are Mauna Bhatt, Samir Dave, Hemant Prachchhak, Sandeep Bhatt, Aniruddha Mayee, Niral Mehta, and Nisha Thakore.
- The new appointments took the actual strength from 27 to 34 judges against a sanctioned strength of 52 judges.
UN Security Council extends mandate of political mission in Haiti
- The United Nations (UN) Security Council has adopted a resolution to extend the mandate of the UN Integrated Office in Haiti (BINUH) till July 15, 2022.
- Resolution 2600, which won the unanimous support of the 15-member council, requests the UN secretary-general to conduct an assessment of the BINUH mandate.
- BINUH is a special political mission established by the Security Council in 2019.
MoS Muraleedharan to visit Sudan, S. Sudan from October 18-22
- Minister of State (MoS) for External Affairs V. Muraleedharan will embark on a two-nation visit to Sudan and South Sudan from 18-22 October 2021.
- He will pay an official visit to the Republic of Sudan on October 18 – 19, 2021, and to the Republic of South Sudan on October 20 – 22, 2021.
- This will be his first visit to both countries.
Akasa Air gets Aviation Ministry nod to fly
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation has given a no-objection certificate (NOC) for the operation of a new airline ‘Akasa Air’ in India.
- The new airline aims to start operations by the summer of 2022.
- Akasa Air is backed by ace investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala and ex-Jet Airways CEO Vinay Dube.
- Akasa Air also has former IndiGo President Aditya Ghosh on its board.
Anthem on India’s Covid-19 vaccination drive launched
- Petroleum Minister Hardeep Singh Puri and Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya launched the anthem on India’s Covid 19 vaccination on 16 October 2021.
- The song has been sung by eminent singer Padma Shri Kailash kher.
- The anthem was launched at Shastri Bhawan in New Delhi.
- India has administered a total of 97,18,13,548 Covid-19 vaccine doses so far.
Jagran Group Chairman Yogendra Mohan Gupta passes away
- Yogendra Mohan Gupta, Chairman and patron of Jagran Group of Publications, passed away in October 2021.
- While working to increase the reach of Hindi newspapers, he also made special contributions in the field of educational projects and art and culture.
- He also edited Kanchan Prabha magazine and is credited with setting up Lakshmi Devi Lalit Kala Akademi in Kanpur.
IIT Kanpur team identifies a novel target to treat prostate cancer
- Researchers at IIT Kanpur have discovered that a particular gene (DLX1) has an important role to play in the growth and development of prostate cancer.
- It plays an important role in the development of jaws, skeleton, and interneurons in the brain.
- DLX1 protein is found at elevated levels in prostate cancer patients, the reason why the DLX1 protein has been used as a urine-based biomarker.
@Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-