Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 15th November 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 15th November 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Jharkhand Foundation Day: 15 November
- Jharkhand celebrates its foundation day on November 15 every year.
- After the Indian Parliament passed the Bihar Reorganization Act, 2000, Jharkhand was carved out of Bihar on November 15, 2000.
- Jharkhand’s state animal is the Indian elephant while state bird is Koel.
- The state’s capital is Ranchi.
- The state is spread across an area of 79,716 sq. km and has a population of 38,593,94 approx.
UP’s first private-sector defence manufacturing facility inaugurated
- Uttar Pradesh got its first operationalised private sector defence manufacturing facility on 14 November 2021.
- It was inaugurated in Lucknow by Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
- The new aerospace and defence manufacturing facility of Aerolloy Technologies Limited is the wholly-owned subsidiary of PTC Industries.
- It will manufacture aircraft engines, helicopter engines, etc.
India and France hold the 6th edition of Exercise SHAKTI
- The Indian Army is conducting the 6th biennial training exercise SHAKTI with the French Army from 15-26 Nov’21 in Frejus, France.
- A platoon strength of a Gorkha Rifles Infantry Battalion is participating in the exercise, while the French side is being represented by troops of the 21st Marine Infantry Regiment of the 6th Light Armoured Brigade.
- The last edition took place in 2019.
PM Modi dedicates to the nation the Rani Kamalapati Railway Station
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the redeveloped Rani Kamalapati Railway Station on 15 November 2021, in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- It has been named after brave and fearless Queen Kamalapati of the Gond kingdom.
- The station was earlier called Habibganj railway station.
- The station has been designed as a green building with modern world-class amenities.
Hardeep Singh Puri on a visit to UAE from 15-17 November 2021
- Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Housing and Urban Affairs, will lead an official and business delegation to UAE from 15 – 17 November 2021.
- He will attend the Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference (ADIPEC).
- He will also take part in a Ministerial Round Table titled “Charting the Climate Action Path from COP 26 to COP 27”.
Historian, Padma Vibhushan awardee Babasaheb Purandare dies
- Historian and Padma Vibhushan awardee Balwant Moreshwar Purandare, popularly known as Babasaheb Purandare, passed away in Nov’21.
- Known by his moniker ‘Shiv Shahir’, he was considered one of the pre-eminent authorities on Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
- He was honoured with Padma Vibhushan, India’s second-highest civilian award, in 2019 and the Maharashtra Bhushan award in 2015.
Australia beats New Zealand to win T20 World Cup
- Australia beat New Zealand by eight wickets to clinch their first Twenty20 World Cup title under the captaincy of Aaron Finch on 14 November 2021.
- Chasing a target of 173, Australia won the game with 7 balls to spare.
- David Warner was adjudged the ‘Player of the Tournament’ for the T20 World Cup 2021 for his brilliant batting.
- He scored a total of 289 runs in 7 matches.
President Ram Nath Kovind promulgates two ordinances
- President Ram Nath Kovind on 14 November 2021, promulgated two Ordinances to extend the tenure of Directors of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Enforcement Directorate (ED) up to 5 years.
- The Ordinances are, the Central Vigilance Commission (Amendment) Ordinance 2021 and the Delhi Special Police Establishment (Amendment) Ordinance 2021.
- The present tenure of them is two years.
146th birth anniversary of tribal leader Birsa Munda: 15 November 2021
- 15 November 2021 marked the 146th anniversary of Birsa Munda.
- He was an Indian tribal freedom fighter, religious leader, and folk hero who belonged to the Munda tribe.
- He was born on 15 November 1875 in Ranchi.
- The government has decided to observe his birth anniversary as Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas from 2021 onwards.
Army Chief Gen Naravane leaves for Israel on a 5-day visit
- Indian Army Chief General MM Naravane on 14 Nov’21 left for Israel on a 5-day visit to further strengthen India’s defence and security cooperation.
- He will hold wide-ranging talks with the top military brass of Israel on boosting overall military cooperation between the two countries.
- India and Israel have recently inked an agreement to jointly develop next-generation technologies.
Lewis Hamilton wins Brazilian Grand Prix
- Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton won the Brazilian Grand Prix on 14 November 2021.
- Hamilton, a seven-time world champion, beat Verstappen despite starting from 10th position.
- Verstappen, the winner of the race’s previous edition in 2019, finished second.
- Hamilton’s teammate, Valtteri Bottas, finished third and Red Bull’s Sergio Perez was fourth.
Footwear brand Plaeto ropes in Rahul Dravid as brand ambassador
- Plaeto, a foot-health-focused footwear brand for children, has signed the former Indian cricketer and the newly appointed head coach of the national team, Rahul Dravid as its brand ambassador.
- Plaeto was founded by Ravi Kallayil, Sara Kilgore and Pavan Kareti back in March 2020.
- The campaign includes a video that went across different social media handles from the 14th of November 2021.
Eminent Hindi novelist Mannu Bhandari passes away
- Noted Hindi novelist Mannu Bhandari, famous for her novels ‘Aapki Banti’ and ‘Mahabhoj’, passed away in November 2021.
- Born in 1931 in Bhanpura in Madhya Pradesh, she was the wife of late Hindi fiction writer Rajendra Yadav, a pioneer of the Hindi literary movement ‘Nayi Kahani’.
- Her famous novel ‘Yahi Sach Hai’ was adapted into a movie ‘Rajnigandha’ in 1974.
Jauljibi trade fair inaugurated by Uttarakhand CM Pushkar Singh Dhami
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami on 14 November 2021 inaugurated the famous traditional trade fair of Jauljibi.
- Jauljibi is a border town in the Dharchula sub-division of the Pithoragarh district.
- Although the fair is known to be centuries old, it officially began in 1911 and was organized by the zamindar of Askot.
- The fair will culminate on 24 November 2021.
Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurates “Tech NEEV/नींव @75”
- Union Minister of State Science and Technology Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated “Tech NEEV/ नींव @75” on 15 Nov’21.
- It is a year-long celebration highlighting the impact of Science Technology Innovation (STI).
- He informed that the government will be setting up 30 Science Technology and Innovation (STI) Hubs in different parts of the country for Scheduled Tribes (STs) by end of 2022.
Institute for Defence Studies renamed after Manohar Parrikar
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh unveiled a plaque at the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses in New Delhi on November 15, 2021.
- It was launched to rename the institute after former Defence Minister late Manohar Parrikar.
- It has been renamed as Manohar Parrikar Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses (MP-IDSA).
- Rajnath Singh is the President of the Institute.
Ravi Shastri joins upcoming Legends League as Commissioner
- Former India chief coach Ravi Shastri has been roped in as the Commissioner of the Legends League Cricket (LLC).
- LLC is a professional event for retired players that is set to take off in 2022.
- The first season of LLC is scheduled to be held in January 2022 in the Gulf.
- The League will have former cricketers from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Australia, England, etc.
Saudi Arabia announces the launch of the first non-profit city in the world
- Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has announced the establishment of the first nonprofit city in the world on 14 November 2021.
- The city will be a model for the development of the nonprofit sector globally and an incubator for youth and volunteer groups, as well as local and international nonprofit institutions.
- It will be called Prince Mohammed bin Salman Nonprofit City.
World Bank and ADB launches ‘WePOWER India Partnership Forum”
- The WePOWER India Partnership Forum was held through a virtual platform on November 9, 2021.
- It was launched to scale up the South Asia Women in Power Sector Professional Network (WePOWER) in India.
- It was attended by 168 key energy sector stakeholders.
- The event was organized by the World Bank and Asian Development Bank in association with the India Smart Grid Forum (ISGF).
Wangala Festival kicks off in Meghalaya on 12 November
- Known as the ‘100 Drum Festival’, the Wangala Festival is a traditional festival in the northeastern Indian state of Meghalaya.
- The festival kicked off on November 12th, 2021.
- The festival lasts from two days to a week.
- It is one of the most important festivals of the Garo Tribe.
- The tribesmen make sacrifices to please their god Saljong.
RBI projects CPI inflation at 5.3% for 2021-22
- India’s retail inflation rate, measured by the Consumer Price Index or CPI, rose mildly in October 2021 to 4.48% year-on-year from 4.35% in Sept.
- RBI has projected the CPI inflation at 5.3% for 2021-22.
- According to the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, MoSPI data, inflation in the food basket rose to 0.85 percent in October, compared to 0.68 percent in Sept 2021.
India and Bangladesh army hold joint bicycle rally
- A joint cycling rally of Indian and Bangladeshi armies is being held between November 15-24, 2021 covering Jessore to Kolkata.
- The rally has been organized on the occasion of the golden jubilee year of Bangladesh liberation to strengthen the friendly ties between the two countries.
- The Indian army cycling team is led by Col. Mohit Singh of the Kolkata cantonment.
Union Minister Parshottam Rupala launches AHDF KCC Campaign
- Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Parshottam Rupala launched a “Nationwide AHDF KCC Campaign” on November 15, 2021, in hybrid mode.
- It aims to expand the benefits of the Kisan Credit Card to all eligible animal husbandry and fishery farmers in the country.
- The campaign will continue till 15 February 2021.