Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 13th September 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 13th September 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
UP CM inaugurates and lays the foundation stone of multiple projects
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of multiple development projects in Sant Kabirnagar and Kushinagar districts on 12 September 2021.
- He informed the state government that will soon roll out 90,000 more jobs.
- He also informed that the work on the international airport in Kushinagar is in the final stage and it will be inaugurated soon.
‘Kashmir Young Leadership Award’ presented by LG Manoj Sinha
- In Jammu and Kashmir, Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha felicitated young achievers with the ‘Kashmir Young Leadership Award’.
- The awards were presented during the Kashmir Leadership Summit in Srinagar on 12 September 2021.
- As many as 46 young achievers for various fields including health, education, sports, adventure sports, social work, journalism, have been awarded on the occasion.
Aziz Akhannouch named as Morocco’s new Prime Minister
- King Mohammed VI of Morocco has appointed Aziz Akhannouch of the liberal National Rally of Independents (RNI) party as Prime Minister and asked him to form a government.
- RNI emerged as the biggest party in the Parliamentary election.
- Elected politicians in Morocco have only limited powers, as key decisions remain in the hands of the monarch.
The new government announced in Lebanon; Najib Mikati becomes PM
- A new government has been announced in Lebanon.
- Najib Mikati – Lebanon’s richest man – has become the Prime Minister, a position he has held twice before.
- Lebanon had been without a proper functioning government since then-Prime Minister Hassan Diab resigned days after a massive blast on 4th of August 2020 destroyed Beirut port and the surrounding area.
Iran agrees to allow inspectors to install new memory cards
- Iran has agreed to allow international inspectors to install new memory cards into surveillance cameras at its sensitive nuclear sites and to continue filming there.
- This was announced by Mohammad Eslami of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran.
- Tehran holds all recordings at its sites as negotiations over the US and Iran returning to the 2015 nuclear deal remain stalled in Vienna.
Centre hikes financial support to Rs 70 cr to open Ayush colleges
- The government has increased the financial support from Rs 9 cr to Rs 70 cr to ensure more Ayush colleges are opened across the country.
- Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal announced this while addressing a conference on Diverse and Fulfilling Career Paths in Ayush systems in Guwahati on 11 September 2021.
- He also announced the starting of a Panchkarma Technician course.
Bhupendra Patel elected as new Chief Minister of Gujarat
- Bhupendra Patel was elected as the new Chief Minister of Gujarat on 12 September 2021.
- He will be sworn in as the new Gujarat Chief Minister on 13 September 2021.
- He is an MLA (Member of Legislative Assembly) from the Ghatlodia seat of Gujarat.
- Vijay Rupani resigned on 11 September 2021 from the Chief Minister post of Gujarat.
Daniil Medvedev beats Novak Djokovic in 2021 US Open men’s final
- Russia’s Daniil Medvedev was crowned champion of the 2021 US Open after defeating world number one Novak Djokovic in the men’s singles final.
- He clinched his maiden Grand Slam title with a straight-set victory against the Serbian (6-4, 6-4, 6-4).
- Medvedev has become the third Russian after Yevgeny Kafelnikov and Marat Safin to win a Grand Slam.
Salil Kumar appointed as Chairman and Managing Director of MECON
- Salil Kumar has been given the charge of Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of the state-owned consultancy company MECON for an initial period of three months.
- Metallurgical & Engineering Consultants Limited (MECON) is a Ranchi-headquartered company that offers a full range of services required to set up a project from concept to commissioning including turnkey execution.
NEERI transfers Saline Gargle RT-PCR technique to MSME Ministry
- The National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI) has transferred the know-how of the indigenously developed Saline Gargle RT-PCR technique to the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME).
- The technique provides instant test result and is well-suited for rural and tribal areas.
- NEERI is an institute under the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
FM participates in Tamilnad Mercantile Bank’s centenary celebrations
- Finance Minister (FM) Nirmala Sitharaman on 12 Sept 2021 kicked off the centenary celebrations of the Tamilnad Mercantile Bank in Tuticorin by launching a postal stamp and a specialized ‘postal card’.
- The bank rolled out a host of initiatives to mark its centennial, including doorstep banking services for the convenience of customers besides an awareness campaign on Covid-19 vaccination.
Five-day women entrepreneurship exhibition begins in Srinagar
- An all-womens’ entrepreneurship exhibition was organized at the Kashmir Haat in Srinagar on 11 September 2021.
- The exhibition was organized by Exceeding Event Expectations (EREIGNIS) in collaboration with Jammu and Kashmir handicraft and handloom department.
- This five-day event is for all women entrepreneurs who have their own startups or are already into business.
Comedy series ‘Ted Lasso’ wins two Emmys at Creative Arts ceremony
- The comedy series ‘Ted Lasso’ scored its first pair of Emmy Awards during the commencement night of the Creative Arts ceremony on 11 September 2021.
- Marvel Studios took home its first two Emmy Awards for its Disney plus superhero series ‘WandaVision’.
- ‘WandaVision’ was nominated for 23 Emmys overall this year, the most for any limited series and the second-most for any series overall.
Sahitya Akademi winner Aziz Hajini passes away
- Eminent writer of Jammu and Kashmir, Aziz Hajini, passed away in September 2021.
- Aziz Hajini was a Kashmiri writer, poet, critic, and organizer.
- He served as the first secretary of the Jammu and Kashmir Academy of Arts, Culture, and Languages.
- He has also been awarded the Sahitya Akademi Award in 2013 for his book Tej Pazar and in 2016 for Kitab Aan Khane.
India’s largest open-air fernery developed in Ranikhet, Uttarakhand
- The country’s largest open-air fernery was inaugurated at Ranikhet in Uttarakhand’s Almora district on 12 September 2021.
- The fernery has been developed by the Uttarakhand Forest Department over a period of three years under the Centre’s compensatory afforestation scheme (CAMPA).
- It has a mix of species from the western and eastern Himalayan regions as well as from the Western Ghats.
Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurates Food processing unit in Madhya Pradesh
- Union Minister of State Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurated a food processing unit ‘Sahara Frozen Foods’ (SFF) set up in Morena, Madhya Pradesh on 12 Sep’21.
- The inaugural ceremony was part of the government’s celebration of food processing week to commemorate 75 years of India’s independence.
- SFF has been set up with a central grant of Rs10 crore under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan SAMPADA Yojana.
IRDAI issues revised guidelines for trade credit insurance
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has issued revised guidelines for trade credit insurance.
- The guidelines are for promoting the sustainable and healthy development of businesses and improving economic stability by labeling trade losses due to payment risks.
- The norms will come into effect from 1 November 2021.
Fossil appoints Kriti Sanon as its brand ambassador
- The American watches and accessories firm, Fossil, has appointed Indian Bollywood actor Kriti Sanon as its newest celebrity brand ambassador in India.
- Her collaboration with Fossil will extend to promoting the watch and accessories category ranging from traditional and smartwatches to leather products as well as jewellery for women.
- She will feature with actor Varun Dhawan in a new campaign.
Congress veteran and former Union minister Oscar Fernandes passes away
- Veteran Congress leader Oscar Fernandes passed away in September 2021.
- He was the Union Cabinet Minister for Transport, Road and Highways and Labour and Employment, Government of India in UPA government.
- He was also the Chairman of the Central Election Authority of the All India Congress Committee.
- He was elected to the 7th Lok Sabha in 1980 from the Udupi constituency in Karnataka.
Joe Root, Eimear Richardson named ICC Players of the Month for August
- England’s Joe Root and Ireland’s Eimear Richardson have been voted as the winners of the ICC Players of the Month for August 2021.
- Root was voted the ICC Men’s Player of the Month for August for his consistent performances in the first three Tests against India.
- Eimear Richardson was adjudged the ICC Women’s Player of the Month for August 2021.
Britain announces the biggest round of its renewable energy scheme
- The British government announced the biggest round of its renewable energy scheme on 13 September 2021.
- Under the Contracts-for-Difference (CfD) scheme, qualifying projects are guaranteed a minimum price at which they can sell electricity, and renewable power generators bid for CfD contracts in a round of auctions.
Punjab National Bank appoints Rekha Jain as shareholder Director
- Punjab National Bank has appointed Rekha Jain as a shareholder Director.
- She has served as an independent director on the board of Telecommunication Consultants of India Ltd. (TCIL) from 2015 to 2019.
- Jain has also chaired the audit committee of the TCIL board.
- Meanwhile, Asha Bhandarker had stepped down as shareholder Director after completing her tenure of three years.
Punjab govt waives loans worth ₹41.48 crores of 10,151 SC youths
- Punjab government has waived loans to the tune of ₹41.48 crores of 10,151 Scheduled Caste youths.
- The step was taken after the youths found it difficult to repay the money due to various reasons.
- The Punjab government has decided to waive up to ₹50,000 for all kinds of loans availed of by SC youths for self-employment from the Scheduled Castes Development and Finance Corporation.
Daniel Ricciardo wins F1 Italian Grand Prix
- Daniel Ricciardo won the Formula One Italian Grand Prix on 12 September 2021.
- Ricciardo was followed by his McLaren teammate Lando Norris in the British team’s first win since the 2012 Brazilian GP.
- Valtteri Bottas was at third despite starting in the last place due to a five-second time penalty for Sergio Perez.
Britain begins world’s largest trial of blood test
- Britain’s National Health Service on 13 September 2021 began the world’s biggest trial of Grail Inc’s flagship Galleri blood test that can be used to detect more than 50 types of cancer before symptoms appear.
- The Galleri test looks at the DNA in a patient’s blood to determine if any come from cancer cells.
- Earlier diagnosis of cancers leads to dramatically increased survival rates.
Infosys and Microsoft enter into a multi-year engagement with Ausgrid
- Infosys Ltd and Microsoft have entered into a multi-year strategic engagement with Ausgrid, the largest distributor of electricity on Australia’s east coast.
- They will accelerate its cloud transformation journey and establish Ausgrid as a leading digital utility.
- They are helping Ausgrid by modernising its application landscape and optimizing IT infrastructure.
DBS partners SWIFT for real-time cross-border payment tracking
- DBS has launched real-time online tracking for cross-border collections for businesses in India in partnership with SWIFT Global Payments Innovation (GPI).
- It is the first bank in India and Asia-Pacific to offer this service to clients.
- It is expected to benefit close to 4,000 corporate and small business clients in India, with numbers expected to grow further.
Skyroot Aerospace 1st spacetech startup to formally sign up with ISRO
- Skyroot Aerospace, a Hyderabad-based space technology startup, has become the first private company to formally enter into an agreement with ISRO.
- It will use its expertise and access facilities to test and qualify its small rocket ahead of launch in 2022.
- The Framework MoU will allow the company to undertake multiple tests and access facilities at various ISRO centres.
Women in Afghanistan will be allowed to study in universities
- Women in Afghanistan will be allowed to study in universities, but gender segregation and the Islamic dress code will be mandatory.
- This was announced by the Taliban’s new Higher Education Minister Abdul Baqi Haqqani.
- Female students would be taught by women wherever possible and classrooms would remain separated, in accordance with the movement’s interpretation of Islamic sharia law.
Karnataka CM Basavaraj Bommai flags off 120 ambulances in Bengaluru
- Karnataka CM Basavaraj Bommai flagged off 120 ambulances in Bengaluru on 12 September 2021.
- These will be part of a fleet of 710 ambulances operating under Arogya Kavacha 108 scheme.
- The 108 scheme will be given a facelift with GPS and mobile app to ensure that the ambulances reach the patient within 10 to 15 minutes.