Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 13th October 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 13th October 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
RBI authorises Karur Vysya Bank to collect direct taxes
- Karur Vysya Bank has commenced the integration process with the Central Board of Direct Taxes to collect direct taxes on its behalf.
- It has received approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to do so.
- Once the integration process gets completed, the bank customers can remit the direct taxes through any branch or through net banking or mobile banking services (DLite Mobile application).
IIFL Finance launches instant business loan on WhatsApp
- IIFL Finance has launched an instant business loan on WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp users will be able to avail loans up to ₹10 lakh with minimum documentation and get approval in five minutes.
- IIFL, the retail-focussed non-banking finance company (NBFC) claimed that it has become the first NBFC in the country to launch instant business loan on WhatsApp.
Child marriage kills more than 60 girls a day globally: Report
- Child marriage kills more than 60 girls a day globally and 6 girls a day in South Asia, according to a new analysis released on the International Day of the Girl Child.
- It claimed that over an estimated 22,000 girls a year are dying from pregnancy and childbirth resulting from child marriage.
- The report by Save The Children said South Asia sees 2,000 child marriage-related deaths every year.
Pakistan is among the top 10 that possess the largest external debt stocks
- Pakistan is among the top 10 nations that possess the largest external debt stocks.
- It has become eligible for the Debt Service Suspension Initiative (DSSI) in the aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- According to International Debt Statistics in 2022, released by the World Bank, there was a wide divergence in the rate at which external debt accumulated in individual DSSI-eligible countries.
Union Minister launches phase-2 of awareness campaign on HIV/AIDS
- Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare Bharati Pawar on 12 October 2021 launched Phase II of awareness campaigns on HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis (TB).
- The awareness campaign was launched under the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), people living with HIV are 18 times more likely to develop active TB disease than people without HIV.
Tripura CM Biplab Kumar Deb inaugurates Oxygen Park in Agartala
- Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb on 11 October 2021 inaugurated an ‘Oxygen Park’ at Salbagan area in the outskirts of Agartala city.
- It is the first oxygen park of Agartala.
- It contains a “Forest Memorial” built in the memory of all the employees of the forest department who sacrificed their lives in the line of duty to protect the forest.
Union Cabinet approves AMRUT 2.0 till 2025-26
- The Union Cabinet on 12 October 2021 approved the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation 2.0 (AMRUT 2.0) till 2025-26.
- AMRUT 2.0 was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on October 1, 2021.
- AMRUT 2.0 aims to provide 100% coverage of water supply to all households in around 4,700 urban local bodies by providing about 2.68 crore tap connections.
Karadi Path wins ‘TSS Global Sustainability Award 2021’
- Karadi Path Education Company has won the TSS Global Sustainability Award 2021 for Education.
- It was presented by TiE, a renowned group of Silicon Valley-based entrepreneurs.
- The award recognizes responsible enterprises in Education among various other sectors that have delivered impact and have played a significant role in promoting the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
UNEP India, NIFT join hands to offer a sustainable fashion course module
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) have joined hands to offer a general elective course on ”Design Innovation for Sustainable Fashion” to all students of the institute.
- Atul Bagai is head, UN Environment Programme’s India Office.
- The textile industry is one of the largest global industries.
BSE signs pact with Business Leadership League
- Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Business Leadership League (BLL) on Oct 2021.
- The pact aims to educate Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) on a wide range of topics that will prepare them to function efficiently in the SME ecosystem.
- BSE had launched the SME Platform in March 2012 and the Startup Platform in December 2018.
RBI grants SFB licence to Centrum Financial-BharatPe consortium
- The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) on 12 October 2021 granted a small finance bank (SFB) licence to the Centrum Financial-BharatPe consortium.
- The new SFB has been incorporated as “Unity Small Finance Bank”.
- In June 2021, the Reserve Bank had given the in-principle approval for the SFB licence to the consortium.
S Nadella gets CKP Award for Global Business Sustainability Leadership
- Indian American Satya Nadella, the Microsoft CEO, has received the prestigious honor C K Prahalad Award For Global Business Sustainability Leadership.
- The award was presented during the 2021 Corporate Eco Forum annual leadership retreat.
- The award recognizes globally private-sector action that exemplifies the connection between sustainability, innovation, and long-term business success.
Digital version of PLI policy launched by Department of Posts
- The Department of Posts on 12 October 2021 launched a digital version of the postal life insurance policy (PLI) ‘ePLI bond’.
- ePLI bond is made available in collaboration with Digilocker, developed by the National eGovernance Division of the Ministry of Electronics & IT.
- Policyholders can now download all the policies immediately after the issue of the policy bond by the Department of Posts.
India signs MoU with Russia for Diammonium phosphate fertiliser supply
- India on 12 October 2021 signed a long-term Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Russia on diammonium phosphate (DAP) fertilizer supply.
- The MOU has been signed to ensure the availability of DAP at stable prices and to reduce dependency on the countries like Jordan, Morroco, China, etc.
- India is the largest importer of diammonium phosphate in the world.
Manipur CM Nongthombam Biren Singh launched the ‘CM Da Haisi’ initiative
- Manipur Chief Minister N. Biren Singh on 12 October 2021 launched ‘CM Da Haisi,’ (let’s tell to CM).
- It is a mega citizen engagement initiative for people of Manipur to directly connect with the Chief Minister via helpline number (95347 95347).
- It aims to reach and engage with at least 50% of households in Manipur in the next two months.
Karuppur kalamkari paintings, Kallakurichi wood carvings get GI tag
- In Tamil Nadu, the Karuppur kalamkari paintings and the Kallakurichi wood carvings have received the geographical indication (GI) tags.
- The paintings are made on a cotton cloth using pens or brushes made out of a bamboo tree and coconut tree stems.
- The wood carving is done by craftsmen specialized in carving temple-related items, using traditional designs.
Karnataka government, NASSCOM collaborates to skill align students
- The Karnataka government has entered into an MoU with the National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM).
- The MoU will make skill development courses available on the ‘Future Skills Prime’ platform of NASSCOM available to all students and faculty members.
- 3 courses- digital fluency, artificial intelligence, and cyber security will be included in the curriculum.
Centre reshuffles top bureaucrats, makes secretary-level appointments
- Meera Mohanty has been appointed as the Joint Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
- Ritesh Chauhan has been appointed the Chief Executive Officer of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana.
- Vipul Bansal will be the joint secretary in the Department of Commerce.
- Ashish Kumar has been appointed as Joint Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs.
IFFCO Chairman Sardar Balvinder Singh Nakai passes away
- IFFCO’s Chairman Balvinder Singh Nakai passed away on October 2021.
- He was an eminent farmer and was deeply involved in providing strength to Indian cooperative movement for the last three decades,
- Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) is a multi-state cooperative society engaged in the business of manufacturing and marketing of fertilizers and is headquartered in New Delhi.
Power Finance Corp. Ltd becomes 11th Maharatna CPSE
- Power Finance Corp. Ltd (PFC) has become the 11th Maharatna central public sector enterprise (CPSE).
- PFC can now invest up to ₹5,000 crores, or 15% of its net worth, in a single project after its Maharatna status.
- Incorporated in 1986, PFC is the largest infrastructure finance company, exclusively dedicated to power sector under the administrative control of the Ministry of Power.
International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction: 13 October
- International Day for Disaster Risk Reduction is observed on October 13, every year.
- The day aims to promote a global culture of risk awareness and disaster reduction.
- The day was started in 1989 by the United Nations.
- Every two years, the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) works with experts, and innovators to investigate the state of risk across the globe.
Former IAS Amit Khare appointed as advisor to Prime Minister Modi
- Former IAS officer Amit Khare has been appointed as Advisor to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- He has been appointed for two years in the rank and scale of Secretary to Government of India.
- He is a 1985 batch officer from Bihar/Jharkhand cadre.
- He assumed the charge of Secretary, Ministry of Education (Department of Higher Education) in December 2019.
IMF retains India’s growth forecast for FY22 at 9.5%
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has retained India’s GDP growth forecasts at 9.5% for 2021-22 and 8.5% for 2022-23.
- It lowered the global growth projection marginally to 5.9% from 6%.
- IMF had in July 2021 slashed India’s growth forecast for FY22 to 9.5% from an earlier projection of 12.5%.
- China, on the other hand, is projected to grow at 8% in 2021.
PM Modi will launch National Infrastructure Masterplan on 13 October
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the first-ever National Infrastructure Masterplan, Pradhan Mantri Gati Shakti on 13 October 2021.
- The Gati Shakti scheme was announced by PM Modi on Independence Day 2021.
- This will bring together 16 Ministries, including seven core infrastructure sectors, on one platform.
- It will provide information instantaneously, allowing for better coordination.
International Energy Agency invites India to become a full-time member
- International Energy Agency (IEA) has invited India to become its full-time member.
- If the proposal is accepted, it will require New Delhi to raise strategic oil reserves to 90 days requirement.
- India is the world’s third-largest energy consumer.
- India in March 2017 became an associate member of the Paris-based body which advises industrialised nations on energy policies.
SGADF organized the 6th International Championship
- School Games and Activity Development Foundation (SGADF) in collaboration with the National Sports Council of Nepal organized the 6th International Championship in Nepal.
- It was conducted from 3-7 October 2021.
- Shivam Thakur won a gold medal in 10m pistol shooting.
- All the students who backed medals have been selected for the Asian Games which will be held from 5-9 Nov 2021 in Abu Dhabi.
James K Sangma to get PETA India award for ‘vegan leather’ initiative
- PETA India has decided to confer the Progressive Business Concept Award on Meghalaya Environment Minister James K Sangma.
- He will be awarded for his plans to produce ‘vegan leather’ in the northeastern state.
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is an American animal rights organization based in Norfolk, Virginia, and led by Ingrid Newkirk, its international President.
SuperQ signs MoU with IIT-Kharagpur for superconductor research
- SuperQ Technologies India has signed an MoU with the Cryogenic Engineering Department of IIT Kharagpur to accelerate their research in the field of Superconductors.
- SuperQ is a research and product development company aiming to build and deploy industry-scale superconducting devices technology.
- Prof Abhay Singh Gour will offer a certification program on superconductivity to the SuperQ team.
RIL and Denmark’s Stiesdal to manufacture HydroGen Electrolyzers
- Reliance New Energy Solar Limited (RNESL)and Denmark-based Stiesdal A/S (Stiesdal) have signed a cooperation agreement.
- The agreement is for the technology development and manufacturing of Stiesdal’s HydroGen Electrolyzers in India.
- The new technology for HydroGen Electrolyzers has the potential to deliver significant cost reduction compared to currently available technologies.
Alexander Schallenberg appointed Austria’s new Chancellor
- Austria got a new Chancellor on 11 October 2021, two days after Sebastian Kurz resigned amid corruption allegations.
- Austrian President Alexander Van der Bellen swore in Alexander Schallenberg, currently the Foreign Minister, as Chancellor.
- He was serving as the Foreign Minister since 2019.
- Career diplomat Michael Linhart became the country’s new Foreign Minister.
NCR Planning Board approves Draft Regional Plan-2041
- The National Capital Region Planning Board (NCRPB) has approved the Draft Regional Plan-2041.
- The main priority areas for the Draft Regional Plan are urban regeneration, future-ready infrastructure, multi-modal transport, economic corridor, etc.
- It was approved at 41st meeting of NCRPB which was held under the chairmanship of Union Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri.
EAM S Jaishankar addresses 6th Ministerial meeting in Kazakhstan
- External Affairs Minister, S Jaishankar addressed the 6th Ministerial meeting of the Conference on Interaction and Confidence-Building Measures (CICA) 2021 in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan, on 12 Oct’21.
- On the sidelines of the CICA meeting, he met his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov and noted the progress in the bilateral cooperation.
- They exchanged notes on Afghanistan and the Indo-Pacific.
Cabinet approves affiliation of 100 schools in govt, private sector
- Union Cabinet has approved the affiliation of 100 schools in government and private sector with Sainik School Society.
- These schools will function as an exclusive vertical which will be distinct and different from existing Sainik Schools of MoD
- In the first phase, 100 affiliate partners are proposed to be drawn from states, NGOs and private partners.
India Post celebrates PLI day as part of National Postal Week
- Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications, celebrated the Postal Life Insurance (PLI) day on 12 October 2021.
- It was celebrated as part of National Postal Week and Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations.
- Department of Posts offers two types of life insurance schemes, namely Postal Life Insurance (PLI) introduced in 1884 and Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) introduced in 1995.
Ministerial Roundtable session of ITU Digital World 2021 held
- Devusinh Chauhan, Minister of State for Communications, participated in the Ministerial Roundtable Session of the 50th-anniversary edition of International Telecommunications Union (ITU) Digital World 2021 on 12 October 2021.
- It was hosted by the Government of Vietnam.
- The topic for the deliberation was “Cutting the cost: can affordable access accelerate digital transformation?”.
NHAI and TIDCO sign MoU for development of multi-modal logistics park
- An MoU was signed between Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation (TIDCO), National Highways Logistics Management Limited (NHLML) and the Chennai Port Trust (CPT) in Chennai on 12 October 2021.
- It has been signed to set up a multi-modal logistics park (MMLP) spread over 158 acre at Mappedu in Tiruvallur district at a cost of ₹1,200 crores.