Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 13th November 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 13th November 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
World Kindness Day: 13 November
- World Kindness Day is celebrated worldwide on November 13.
- The history of the day dates back to 1997 when World Kindness Movement hosted the first conference in Tokyo, Japan to bring together like-minded organizations from across the world.
- It was in 1998, that the day became an annual observance.
- World Kindness Movement was finally recognized as an official NGO in Switzerland.
TVS Motor Company becomes a participant in the UN Global Compact
- TVS Motor Company has joined United Nations Global Compact, the world’s largest sustainability initiative.
- The company has become the first Indian two-wheeler and three-wheeler manufacturer to be a part of the UN Global Compact.
- The UN Global Compact is a voluntary initiative based on CEO commitments to implement universal sustainability principles.
Uttar Pradesh government approves 735 drinking water supply schemes
- The State Level Scheme Sanctioning Committee (SLSSC) of Uttar Pradesh on 11th November 2021 approved proposals submitted by the state of worth Rs 1,882 crore for making provision of tap water connections in rural areas.
- These schemes will cover a population of 39 lakh in 1,262 villages of 33 districts.
- 735 schemes have been approved by the committee.
South Africa, Vietnam, UAE to participate in BTS-2021 for 1st time
- For the first time, South Africa, Vietnam, and UAE will be participating in the Bengaluru Tech Summit – 2021 (BTS-2021) which will be held from November 17-19, 2021.
- One of the key features of the BTS-2021 this time is the address by the Prime Minister of Israel Naftali Bennett and the Prime Minister of Australia Scott Morrison on the inaugural day.
Ministry of Culture launches Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav mobile app
- Minister of State for Culture and External Affairs, Meenakshi Lekhi launched the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav mobile App on 12 November 2021.
- It will enable single-point access to all information related to the 75th-anniversary celebrations of India’s independence.
- Sections like ‘What’s New’ and ‘Weekly Highlights’ allow the users to stay connected to all current Amrit Mahotsav celebrations.
NPCI Bharat BillPay ties up with ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
- NPCI Bharat BillPay has tied up with ICICI Prudential Life Insurance to provide ClickPay to the insurer’s customers.
- This will ensure an automated and valuable insurance premium payment experience.
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance is the first insurance company to offer this facility of ClickPay to its customers empowering them to make renewal premium payments with ease.
Fumio Kishida re-elected Japan’s Prime Minister
- Fumio Kishida was re-elected as Japan’s Prime Minister on 10 November 2021 after his governing party scored a major victory in key parliamentary elections.
- Elected just over a month ago by parliament, Kishida called a quick election in which his governing party secured 261 seats in the 465-member lower house.
- He was elected as PM of Japan on 4 October 2021.
Tourism Ministry inks pact with IRCTC to boost hospitality, tourism
- The Ministry of Tourism has signed an agreement with the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).
- The objective is to provide extensive visibility to accommodation units, which have self-certified themselves on SAATHI (System for Assessment, Awareness & Training for the Hospitality Industry).
- The Ministry has already signed similar MoUs with EasyMyTrip, Cleartrip, etc.
India and Thai navies begin three-day coordinated patrol
- India and Thailand began the 32nd edition of coordinated patrols (CORPAT) on 12 November 2021.
- The aim is to reinforce maritime links between the two countries and keeping a vital section of the Indian Ocean securely open for international trade.
- The two navies have been undertaking coordinated patrols bi-annually since 2005 along their International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL).
HDFC Bank integrates with the government’s e-NAM platform
- HDFC Bank has announced its integration with the government’s National Agriculture Market (eNAM).
- It has been done so to enable digital collections and settlement of funds to various e-NAM beneficiaries.
- eNAM is an online trading platform that facilitates the online transaction of agricultural commodities for farmers, traders, Farmer Producer Organizations, and other stakeholders.
SEBI allows Invesco MF to launch India’s first blockchain feeder fund
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has approved the Invesco CoinShares Global Blockchain ETF Fund of Fund (FoF).
- It will be the first scheme in India to offer exposure to global companies participating in the blockchain ecosystem.
- Blockchain is a digital ledger system that facilitates the process of recording transactions and tracking assets in a network.
MobiKwik launches RuPay Card in partnership with NPCI, Axis Bank
- MobiKwik has collaborated with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and Axis Bank to launch MobiKwik RuPayCard.
- The card will be free of charge to customers and purely digital keeping in line with the growing demand for digital payments across online and brick and mortar stores.
- The card users will automatically qualify for MobiKwik Zip, a flagship BNPL (buy now, pay later) product.
Ashu Suyash appointed Independent Director on the HUL board
- Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) has appointed Ashu Suyash as an Independent Director on its board, effective on 12 November 2021.
- She was, until recently, the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director at Crisil and a member of the operating committee of S&P Global.
- She serves on advisory boards and committees of several institutions like the Securities and Exchange Board of India.
United Arab Emirates to host COP28 in 2023
- The UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) has announced that the UAE will host the 28th Conference of the Parties (COP28) in 2023.
- It will be the second time that the annual talks will be held in the Middle East, and the third time the talks are hosted by a member of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
- Qatar hosted in 2012 and Indonesia did in 2007.
SJVN signs pact with Solarworld for a 75-MW solar power project in UP
- SJVN Limited has inked a pact with Solarworld Energy Solutions Pvt Ltd to develop a 75-megawatt (MW) solar power project at the Parasan Solar Park in Uttar Pradesh for Rs 313.59 crore.
- The project is scheduled to be commissioned by August 2022.
- The project will generate 168.34 million units (MU) of energy annually with a capacity utilization factor (CUF) of 25.06 percent.
Uttarakhand wins three awards in tourism categories
- Uttarakhand has won prestigious national-level awards in three categories in the field of tourism, on 12 November 2021.
- The state earned Best Wildlife Destination, Best Adventure Destination, and Best Spiritual Destination awards.
- In the tourism survey and awards program, the best tourist destinations of India were given different awards in 9 categories.
Industrial output growth slowed to 3.1% in September 2021
- The industrial output growth slowed to 3.1% year-on-year (YoY) in Sept 2021.
- The data was released by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation showed.
- It had jumped 11.9% in August 2021
- The YoY growth was mainly driven by a jump in mining and manufacturing activity.
- The industrial production in volume terms, as measured by the index of industrial production (IIP), grew 4%.
NTPC ties up with Indian Oil to collaborate in renewable energy
- NTPC Limited has inked an initial pact with Indian Oil to collaborate in the field of renewable energy.
- This is a first-of-its-kind novel initiative by two leading national energy majors of India.
- NTPC, India’s largest integrated energy company, has an installed capacity of 67,657.5 MW (including 13,425 MW through JVs/Subsidiaries) comprising 47 NTPC stations.
Defence Secretary releases a book titled ‘FORCE IN STATECRAFT’
- Defence Secretary Dr Ajay Kumar released a book titled ‘FORCE IN STATECRAFT’ on November 13, 2021.
- It is an edited volume by Commandant of National Defence College (NDC) Air Marshal Diptendu Choudhury and President’s Chair of Excellence at NDC Air Vice Marshal (Dr) Arjun Subramaniam (Retd).
- It is a compilation of essays on topics such as counter-insurgency operations, nuclear posture etc.
Daniel Bruhl appointed Goodwill Ambassador by UN World Food Programme
- Spanish-German actor Daniel Bruhl has been named a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP).
- The actor is known for his performances in movies like ”Rush”, ”Good Bye Lenin!”.
- He will help the humanitarian organization in its mission to reach a world with Zero Hunger.
Women’s cricket to make its debut in 2022 Commonwealth Games
- Women’s cricket will make its debut at the 2022 Commonwealth Games on July 29 while the final will be played on August 7, 2022.
- India will face Australia in the opening match.
- The last time cricket was played in a multi-sporting event was in the 1998 edition in Kuala Lumpur.
- The final team set will be finalized at the end of January 2022.
Prof. Bimal Patel elected to International Law Commission for 5 years
- Professor Bimal Patel has been elected to the International Law Commission.
- He is the Vice-Chancellor of the Rashtriya Raksha University and a member of the National Security Advisory Board of India.
- He will serve a five-year term starting January 1, 2023.
- The International Law Commission was established by the General Assembly in 1947.
The number of forcibly displaced persons has exceeded 84 million: UNHCR
- The number of forcibly displaced persons has exceeded 84 million globally in 2021.
- This was stated United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, UNHCR in a report.
- The reason for this displacement includes violence, insecurity, and the effects of climate change.
- The UNHCR’s Mid-Year Trends report covered the first six months of 2021.
- Ethiopia witnessed 1.2 million displacements.
President of India presents National Sports Awards 2021-I
- President Ram Nath Kovind gave away the National Sports Awards 2021 on 13 Nov 2021 at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award was given to 12 sportspersons including Neeraj Chopra (Athletics), Ravi Kumar (Wrestling), Lovlina Borgohain (Boxing), Sreejesh P.R (Hockey), among others.
- Dronacharya Award in the Life-Time Category went to T. P. Ouseph, Sarkar Talwar, among others.
President of India presents National Sports Awards 2021-II
- Dronacharya Award in the regular category was awarded to Radhakrishnan Nair P, Sandhya Gurung, Pritam Siwach, Jai Prakash Nautiyal, and Subramanian Raman.
- Dhyan Chand Award for Lifetime achievement went to Lekha KC, Abhijeet Kunte, Davinder Singh Garcha, Vikas Kumar, and Sajjan Singh.
- Punjab University (Chandigarh) received the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (MAKA) Trophy for 2021.
International Solar Alliance, UNFCCC ink pact to fight climate change
- International Solar Alliance and United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change inked pact at COP26 conference in Glasgow to fight climate change, on 12 Nov’21.
- Both will organize a set of activities with the UN Climate Change Secretariat.
- This will also lend support to developing country stakeholders in accelerating the adoption of policy options for decarbonisation technologies.