Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 12th November 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 12th November 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Public Service Broadcasting Day: 12 November
- Public Service Broadcasting Day is celebrated every year on 12 November.
- It commemorates the first and last visit of the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi to the studio of All India Radio, Delhi in 1947.
- He had addressed the displaced people, who had temporarily settled at Kurukshetra in Haryana after partition.
- The day was officially declared as Public Service Broadcasting Day in 2001.
World Pneumonia Day: 12 November
- World Pneumonia Day is observed globally on 12th November every year.
- It aims to highlight the fact that pneumonia remains the world’s leading killer of adults and children – claiming the lives of 2.5 million in 2019, including 672,000 children.
- The day was first celebrated in the year 2009.
- Symptoms of pneumonia may include cough, fever, shortness of breath, etc.
Three-day national level squash competition begins in Prayagraj
- The first Sanjay Gupta Memorial National Squash Circuit Competition is being organized at Amitabh Bachchan Sports Complex (Mayo Hall) in Prayagraj from 12-14 November 2021.
- It is being held under the joint aegis of the Directorate of sports, Uttar Pradesh, and Allahabad Squash Racquet Association.
- The competition with ₹1 lakh prize money is divided into five parts in boys and girls category.
Union Health Minister inaugurates 32nd ‘Hunar Haat’ in Lucknow
- 32nd ‘Hunar Haat’ was inaugurated by Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Mansukh Mandaviya in Lucknow on 12 November 2021.
- The programme is an initiative of the Ministry of Minority Affairs and aims at promoting and preserving the traditional art and craft of the country.
- 500 artisans and craftsmen from 30 states and Union Territories have brought their indigenous products.
Bangladeshi film ‘No Ground Beneath the Feet’ selected for IFFI
- Bangladeshi film ‘Paayer Tolay Mati Nai’ (No Ground Beneath the Feet) directed by Mohammad Rabby Mridha has been included in the international competition section of the 52nd International Film Festival of India (IFFI).
- IFFI will be held in Goa between 20-28 November 2021.
- Earlier, this film was selected for the 26th Busan International Film Festival (BIFF).
PM Modi launches 2 innovative customer-centric initiatives of the RBI
- PM Narendra Modi launched two innovative customer-centric initiatives of the Reserve Bank of India, on 12 November 2021.
- The two initiatives are the RBI Retail Direct Scheme and the Reserve Bank – Integrated Ombudsman Scheme.
- The RBI Retail Direct Scheme will allow investors to easily open and maintain their government securities account online with the RBI.
NHSRCL signs MoU with Japan Railway Track Consultant Company Ltd
- National High-Speed Rail Corporation Limited (NHSRCL) on 11 November 2021, signed an MoU with Japan Railway Track Consultant Company Limited – JRTC.
- It has been signed for the designs of High-Speed Rail (HSR) Track works for the T-3 package for Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail Corridor Project.
- JRTC is the only specialized agency for this kind of highly technical work.
Dr. Jitendra Singh announces district level Governance Index for UP
- Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh announced to start the district-level Good Governance Index in Uttar Pradesh on 11 Nov 2021.
- Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) will collaborate with the State Govt in establishing District Good Governance Index.
- He also informed that National Recruitment Agency will be established in the country by March 2022.
ICICI Lombard: First to join Sahamati Account Aggregator Alliance
- Lombard, one of India’s leading private general insurance company, has joined Sahamati, a not-for-profit industry alliance for the Account Aggregator (AA) ecosystem.
- It is the first non-life insurer to participate in the AA ecosystem and will be playing a role of a Financial Information User (FIU).
- It will be able to access the comprehensive, customer-consented financial information.
Babar Azam becomes quickest to reach 2500 T20I runs
- In T20 World Cup semifinal match between Pakistan and Australia, Pakistan skipper Babar Azam became the fastest batsman to score 2500 runs in T20Is, on 11 November 2021.
- He beat Virat Kohli’s record who took 68 innings to reach the landmark while Azam did it in 62 innings.
- Azam is also the player to have the most number of fours in the T20 World Cup 2021.
Pakistan’s Rizwan becomes first batter to score 1,000 T20I runs
- Pakistan wicketkeeper-batter Mohammad Rizwan on 11 November 2021 became the first player to score 1000 T20I runs in a single year.
- Rizwan went past the 1000-run mark in the ongoing ICC Men’s T20 World Cup semi-final against Australia.
- Along the way, Rizwan broke Babar Azam’s tally to register most runs in their maiden T20 World Cup campaign.
Kisan Bhawan and Beekeeper Conference inaugurated in Nagaland
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar virtually inaugurated the Kisan Bhawan and Beekeeper Conference at the Central Institute of Horticulture, Nagaland on 11 Nov’21.
- An exhibition of farmers’ products was organized in the program.
- Mini kits were provided to the farmers for new experiments in farming.
- Annual Report – Technical Bulletin was also released.
Bhadrachalam added as a destination in Ramayana Circuit train
- Bhadarchalam in Telangana has been included as one of the destinations in the Ramayana Circuit of the Pilgrim Special Train of IRCTC.
- The first tour, which began on 7 Nov’21, started from Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station and will cover the visit of all prominent places associated with the life of Lord Rama.
- The tour will be completed in 17 days.
- The first halt of this train will be Ayodhya.
4 students, 2 professors from IIT Bombay wins $250,000 XPrize grant
- A team of four students and two professors from the IIT Bombay has won a grant worth US$250,000 (approximately ₹1.85 crores).
- They have won it for developing new tri-modular technology for low-cost, efficient capture of carbon dioxide (CO2) from point sources of emission and transforming them into salts.
- The grant comes from XPRIZE Foundation in collaboration with the Elon Musk Foundation.
South Africa’s last white President FW de Klerk passes away
- South Africa’s last white President Frederik Willem (FW) de Klerk, passed away in Nov 2021.
- He headed South Africa’s white minority government until 1994 when Nelson Mandela’s African National Congress party swept to power.
- Under his leadership, South Africa saw a rapid end of the apartheid system, notably, without any major violence.
- He shared the Nobel peace prize with Mandela in 1993.
Salman Khurshid comes up with new book ‘Sunrise over Ayodhya’
- Veteran Congress leader Salman Khurshid has come up with his new book titled ‘Sunrise over Ayodhya’.
- The book is on the Supreme Court verdict on the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid dispute.
- The book launch event was held on 10 November 2021.
- Through this book, Salman Khurshid explores how the greatest opportunity that the judgment offers is a reaffirmation of India as a secular society.
New book titled “Nehru: The Debates that Defined India” launched
- Authors Tripurdaman Singh and Adeel Hussain have come up with a new book titled ‘Nehru: The Debates that Defined India’.
- The book serves as a revisionist exploration of India’s first and longest-serving Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru and investigates the overlooked role of his contemporaries and opponents in shaping his political vision.
- The book was released on 11 November 2021.
India to host first-ever world yogasana championship in June 2022
- India is set to host the first-ever yogasana world championship in June 2022.
- This was announced at the opening ceremony of India’s first Physical National Yogasana Sports Championships in Bhubaneswar by National Yogasana Sports Federation President Udit Sheth.
- Yogasana sport for both male and female categories has also been included in the Khelo India Youth Games, 2021.
India Post Payments Bank inks pact with Bajaj Allianz
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB), Department of Posts, and Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company (BALIC) have announced a strategic partnership.
- The tie-up will enable customers to become financially secure and empowered.
- Bajaj Allianz Life Smart Protect Goal and Bajaj Allianz Life Guaranteed Pension Goal are the term and annuity products, which will be offered as per the strategic alliance.
Arjun Munda inaugurates the Uttarakhand Tribal Festival
- The Union Minister for Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Arjun Munda inaugurated the 3-day Uttarakhand Tribal Festival in Dehradun, Uttarakhand on 11th November 2021.
- The State-Tribal Research Cum-Cultural Centre and Museum (T.R.I.) in collaboration with the Ministry of Tribal Affairs jointly organized it.
- The main attraction of the event is Jhanki by all five tribes of Uttarakhand.
Around 240 mn children globally suffering from disabilities: UNICEF
- An estimated 240 million children globally are suffering from various disabilities, according to a UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) report released on 10 November 2021.
- The report includes comparable data from 42 countries and covers more than 60 indicators of child well-being.
- Children with disabilities are 24% less likely to receive early stimulation and responsive care.
SpaceX rocket carries four astronauts into orbit on 10 November 2021
- A SpaceX rocket carried four astronauts into orbit on 10 November 2021, including the 600th person to reach space in 60 years.
- Germany’s Matthias Maurer claimed the No. 600 position, according to NASA, based on his mission assignment.
- The crew launch marked SpaceX’s fourth for NASA and the company’s fifth passenger flight overall — including a September charter flight.
A new report released by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization
- The global food trade should hit an all-time record high in both volume and value terms, according to a new report released by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
- By the end of 2021, the global food import bill should extend beyond $1.75 trillion, marking a 14 per cent increase from 2020.
- Even faster growth is expected for Low-Income Food Deficit Countries (LIFDCs).
Niyo partners with SBM Bank, Visa for digital savings account
- Fintech company Niyo, in association with SBM Bank India and Visa, now offers a digital savings account with Niyo Global.
- Along with zero-forex mark-up, customers can now earn an attractive interest p.a. on the savings account.
- Niyo Global aims to simplify foreign exchange spending for international travelers and students besides allowing them to save and earn on their Indian currency.
Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel launches ‘Niramay Gujarat Yojana’
- The Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel launched ‘Niramay Gujarat Yojana’ to screen and protect people above 30 years from non-communicable diseases on 12 November 2021.
- The scheme will cover more than 3 crore people in the state.
- Non-communicable diseases include high blood pressure, heart attack, paralysis, cancer, renal diseases, anaemia, diabetes, etc.
Nethra Kumanan wins gold in Gran Canaria Sailing Championships
- India’s Nethra Kumanan won gold in the laser radial section of the Gran Canaria sailing championships, one of the European regional open events, held in Gran Canaria (Spain), in November 2021.
- She finished first in three of the six races while garnering a total of 10 Nett points.
- Beneyto Lancho of Spain came second while Martina Reino Cacho (Spain) emerged third.
India retains top 10 slots in Climate Performance Index 2022
- India has retained its spot at the 10th rank in the best-performing countries in the global Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2022 for the third year in a row.
- The report was released by Germanwatch on the side-lines of the COP26.
- As a result, the top three places in the overall ranking remain empty once again.
- Denmark placed 4th and is the highest-ranked country in CCPI 2022.
National Achievement Survey (NAS) held on 12 November 2021
- The Government of India has been implementing a rolling programme of sample-based National Achievement Survey (NAS) aimed at classes III, V, VIII and X with a cycle period of three years.
- It was held on 12 Nov’21 across the country.
- It will help to assess the learning interruptions and new learnings during the COVID pandemic and help to take remedial measures.
- It was last held on 13 Nov’17.
PC Mody appointed as new Secretary-General of Rajya Sabha
- Former CBDT (Central Board of Direct Taxes) Chairman PC Mody has been appointed as the new Secretary-General of Rajya Sabha.
- He has replaced PPK Ramacharyulu.
- Ramacharyulu has now been appointed as an advisor in the Rajya Sabha Secretariat.
- Ramacharyulu was appointed as the Secretary-General of the Rajya Sabha on September 1, 2021.