Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 11th September 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 11th September 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
20th anniversary of 9/11 attacks on the world trade center
- 11 September 2021 marked the 20th anniversary of the worst attack on the United States on September 9, 2001.
- On the 11th of September 2001, nearly 3,000 people were killed when hijacked commercial jets flew into the twin towers, struck the Pentagon, and crashed into a Pennsylvania meadow.
- The attacks were carried out by the terrorist group al-Qaeda.
Kerala govt conducts seroprevalence study to assess Covid spread
- To take stock of the spread of coronavirus among the people in Kerala, the state government is conducting a seroprevalence study.
- The study began earlier in September 2021 and is expected to be completed by month-end.
- The study would help understand the Covid seropositivity rate among various age groups including children.
2 Indian teachers were shortlisted for the 2021 Global Teacher Prize
- Satyam Mishra, a mathematics teacher from Bhagalpur in Bihar, and Meghana Musunuri, a social studies, English, and math teacher from Hyderabad have made it to the top 50 shortlists for the $1-million Global Teacher Prize 2021.
- Organised by the Varkey Foundation in partnership with UNESCO, the prize attracted over 8,000 nominations and applications from 121 countries.
‘Medicine from the Sky’ project launched
- Union Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia formally launching the ‘Medicine from the Sky’ project at Vikarabad in Telangana on 11 September 2021.
- The project is a first of its kind in India as it is the first organized drone service in the health care sector for delivering medicines and Covid vaccines.
- A two-day trial of drones under the project was also held smoothly.
Satyendar Jain inaugurates Urban microgrid system in Delhi
- Delhi Power Minister Satyendar Jain inaugurates the city’s first urban microgrid system set up at Shivalik in Malviya Nagar that would save 115 tonnes of carbon dioxide annually.
- The microgrid (Solar + Battery) system is set up under the Indo-German solar partnership project.
- The system is capable of ensuring continuous supply from solar and stored battery energy saving from any outages
MoPNG and U.S. DoE launches India-US Task Force on Biofuels
- Indian Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MoPNG) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DoE) launched the India-US Task Force on Biofuels.
- The task force would integrate the private and public sectors inputs towards energy security, promote the exchange of the latest technology and encourage the Indian and U.S. markets to accelerate the development of the biofuels sector.
Germany ratifies International Solar Alliance Agreement
- Germany has handed the instrument of accession to the International Solar Alliance (ISA) after ratifying the alliance agreement.
- There are now 124 member nations.
- 84 countries have signed the ISA agreement framework, and about 67 have ratified it.
- The alliance’s primary objective is to work for the efficient consumption of solar energy to reduce dependence on fossil fuels.
Australia to contribute towards disaster-resilient infrastructure
- Australia’s Foreign Minister Marise Payne announced to contribute 10 million dollars to India’s initiative towards disaster-resilient infrastructure.
- The Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI), promoted by the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, is an international partnership of governments and other agencies working to promote resilience to disasters.
SBM Bank India ties up with Lendingkart to offer an overdraft facility
- SBM Bank India has tied up with fintech player Lendingkart for providing working capital to micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) through an overdraft facility.
- It would be a flexible credit line for the customers sourced through digital channels, offering on-demand disbursement with zero physical paperwork and ready account statements.
Industrial production grows 11.5 pc in July 2021
- As per the Index of Industrial Production (IIP) data released by the National Statistical Office (NSO), India’s industrial production rose 11.5 percent in July 2021.
- The manufacturing sector’s output surged 10.5 percent in July 2021.
- In July 2021, the mining output climbed 19.5 per cent and power generation increased 11.1 per cent.
- The IIP had contracted 10.5 percent in July 2020.
MSME Tool Room CITD gets patent for ‘Anaar’ firework making machine
- Central Institute of Tool Design (CITD) has obtained a patent for making an automatic machine for the production of conical-shaped fireworks or ‘Anaar’.
- The patent was filed by CITD and Standard Fireworks Pvt Ltd.
- The machine works on a pneumatic system for the entire process of manufacturing.
- CITD is a government organization working under the administrative control of the MSME ministry.
NDMC launches web app for e-waste management
- The North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC) has launched a web application for the management of electronic waste.
- The portal would facilitate the collection, transportation, processing, and disposal of e-waste by providing a platform for citizens and vendors for the management of e-waste.
- The three empanelled firms would collect the e-waste from the house of residents.
Hughes, OneWeb ink pact for Low Earth Orbit satellite service
- Hughes Network Systems and OneWeb have announced agreements for Low Earth Orbit satellite service in the US and India.
- In India, the parties have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding for a strategic agreement to distribute services to businesses, government, telcos, and ISPs (Internet Service Providers) in the rural and remote parts of the country.
Govt enhances the scope of Transport and Marketing scheme for Agri exports
- The government on 10 September 2021 has enhanced the scope of the Transport and Marketing Assistance scheme for specified agriculture products and increasing the rates of assistance.
- Dairy products, which were not covered under the earlier scheme, would now be eligible for assistance.
- The rates of assistance have been increased, by 50 per cent for exports by sea and 100 per cent through air.
14 C’garh districts sign MoUs with IIMR for a millet production boost
- Fourteen districts of Chhattisgarh on 10 September 2021 signed MoUs with the Hyderabad-based Indian Institute of Millets Research (IIMR) to boost the production of millets in their respective areas.
- As per the agreements, IIMR would provide technical assistance, ensure high-quality seeds to increase production, and extend support in setting up a seed bank.
Sardar Iqbal Singh Lalpura takes charge as the Chairman, NCM
- Sardar Iqbal Singh Lalpura has taken charge as the Chairman of the National Commission for Minorities.
- He is a former IPS officer Iqbal Singh Lalpura and was among the three-member team of officers chosen to arrest Sikh separatist leader Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale in April 1981.
- Lalpura currently serves as a member of several social organizations and has authored 14 books.
NTPC starts weekly training sessions
- As a part of the safety awareness and skill development initiative under “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav”, NTPC has started a chain of Safety programmes – at least one in every week.
- The objective of such technical training sessions is to disseminate information and to share knowledge among in-house executives stationed at various coal mining projects to create a strong safety culture.
Atal Innovation Mission launches Space challenge
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog in collaboration with the ISRO and CBSE, has successfully launched the ATL Space Challenge 2021 for all school students across the country.
- The challenge has been designed for all the school students, mentors, and teachers across the country.
- The ATL Space Challenge 2021 aligns with the World Space Week 2021 which is being observed from 4 to 10 Oct.
ADB, India sign a $112 million loans for Jharkhand
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India have signed a $112 million loan.
- It is for developing water supply infrastructure and strengthening the capacity of urban local bodies (ULBs) for improved service delivery in four towns in the state of Jharkhand.
- Four water treatment plants, with a combined capacity of 275 mn liters/day, will be established in the project towns.
‘Mahakavi’ Day in Tamil Nadu is to be observed on 11 September
- Tamil Nadu government would commemorate the death anniversary of poet and freedom fighter Subramania Bharati on September 11 as ‘Mahakavi’ Day.
- Weekly events would be held at the Bharathiyar Memorial House for the next one year to mark the centenary.
- A compilation of his poems and essays would be brought out in a book titled “Manathil Urithi Vendum” (Firmness in Mind) at a cost of Rs 10 cr.
PM Narendra Modi to launch Sansad TV on September 15
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch Sansad TV, a new channel formed by merging the Lok Sabha TV and Rajya Sabha TV, on September 15, 2021.
- Veteran Congress leader Karan Singh, economist Bibek Debroy, NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant, and advocate Hemant Batra will host different shows on this new channel.
- When Parliament is in session, Sansad TV will have two channels.
Plaza Premium Group selects AWS to drive global growth
- Leading airport hospitality provider Plaza Premium Group (PPG) has selected Amazon Web Services (AWS), the cloud computing arm of Amazon.com, to drive its global growth.
- PPG has closed two of its own data centers and migrated the vast majority of its IT infrastructure to AWS.
- With AWS, PPG can also deploy IT services in new lounge locations 20 times faster and innovate new solutions.
India’s forex reserves grow to a new record high of $642.453 billion
- India’s foreign exchange reserve grew $8.895 billion to reach a new record high of $642.453 billion in the week ended September 3, 2021.
- For the week ended September 3, 2021 the increase was on account of a rise in foreign currency assets (FCAs), a major component of the overall reserves.
- Gold reserves were up by USD 642 million to USD 38.083 billion.
India, Australia to hold first 2-2 dialogue on 11 September
- India is set to host the first-ever 2-2 Ministerial Dialogue with Australia on September 11, 2021.
- Foreign Minister Marise Payne and Defence Minister Peter Dutton from the Australian side will meet with External Affairs Minister (EAM) S Jaishankar and Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
- India has 2-2 Ministerial format meetings with very few countries, including the USA and Japan.
Smriti Irani meets Foreign Minister of Australia
- Union Minister for Women and Child Development Smriti Zubin Irani met with Ms. Marise Payne, Foreign Minister and Minister for Women of Australia on 10 September 2021.
- The two Ministers discussed ways and methods to enhance cooperation between India and Australia in the areas of gender equality and women safety.
- Ms. Marise Payne participated in India-Australia 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue.
Meenakshi Lekhi to pay an official visit to Portugal, Spain
- Minister of State for External Affairs Meenakashi Lekhi will pay an official visit to Portugal and Spain from 12 September 2021.
- A bilateral agreement on the recruitment of Indian citizens to work in Portugal will be signed during the visit.
- During her visit to Spain from 15 to 17 September, she will inaugurate The Beatles and India exhibition.
Govt exempts 165 District Mineral Foundation from income tax payment
- The govt has exempted 165 District Mineral Foundation (DMF) from income tax payment.
- Earlier, 151 DMF trusts were exempted from tax which has been increased to 165.
- The DMF is a non-profit statutory trust for every Indian district affected by mining-related operations.
- It is an initiative of the Central government to ensure that funds collected under DMF should be utilised for welfare.
Govt will introduce new legislation in upcoming Winter Session
- The government will introduce new legislation on mediation in the upcoming Winter Session of the Parliament.
- This was announced by Union Law Minister Kiren Rijiju at the foundation stone laying ceremony of the Uttar Pradesh National Law University at Prayagraj.
- Preparations for the new bill have been completed and it will be presented during the upcoming session.
PM Modi inaugurates Sardardham Bhavan at Ahmedabad virtually
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the state of art Sardardham Bhavan through video conferencing at Ahmedabad in Gujarat on 11 September 2021.
- He also laid the foundation stone of Sardardham Phase-II Kanya Chhatralay on this occasion.
- The Sardardham has been constructed at the cost of 200 crore rupees.
- It has modern facilities like a hostel, library, etc.
Vijay Goel takes charge as Vice Chairman of Gandhi Smriti and Darshan
- Former Union Minister Vijay Goel has taken charge as Vice Chairman of Gandhi Smriti and Darshan Samiti.
- He was appointed on 10 September 2021 at a function in Gandhi Smriti, New Delhi, the site of the Martyrdom of Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of the Nation.
- Gandhi Smriti formerly known as Birla House or Birla Bhavan, is a museum dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi, situated in New Delhi.
India cuts import taxes on vegetable oils to calm prices
- India has cut base import taxes on palm oil, soyoil, and sunflower oil, as it tries to cool near-record price rises.
- The reduction in taxes could bring down prices of edible oils in India and boost consumption, effectively increasing overseas buying by India.
- The base import tax on refined grades of palm oil, soyoil, and sunflower oil was cut to 32.5% from 37.5%.
Vijay Rupani quits as Gujarat Chief Minister
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani abruptly resigned on 11 September 2021 without giving any reasons.
- Rupani is the third BJP CM to step down.
- He is a member of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly representing Rajkot West.
- BS Yediyurappa and Tirath Singh Rawat stepped down as Chief Ministers of Karnataka and Uttarakhand respectively.
Vice-President to visit Puducherry for 2 days
- Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu would be on a two-day visit to the Union Territory of Puducherry from September 12, 2021.
- He would inaugurate a Rs 7.67-crore solar power plant at the centrally administered JIPMER.
- The plant would meet 15 percent of the electricity demand of JIPMER.
- JIPMER is the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research.
PanIIT India to host Global Virtual Technology Summit 2021
- PanIIT India, an umbrella body representing the alumni of IITs, will be organising its flagship event – Global Virtual Technology Summit 2021 on 17th-18th September 2021.
- The Virtual Global Summit will be held along with the Hackathon and Startups Showcase.
- Hack of PI – Hackathon is a platform where the winners can win up to INR 3,70,000 cash prize.
Agrarian festival ‘Nuakhai’ being celebrated in Odisha
- In Odisha, Nuakhai, an important agrarian festival in the state was celebrated on 11 September 2021.
- As per the customary practice, people offer the new grains of crops to the deities before their own consumption.
- As per rituals, a porridge prepared from a new paddy crop, which is called ‘Nabanna’ is offered to Goddess Samaleswari and blessing is sought for a bumper harvest.
MoS Railways Darshana Jardosh flags off Champaran Satyagraha Express
- Minister of State for Railways Darshana Jardosh flagged off Champaran Satyagraha Express through video conferencing from New Delhi on 10 September 2021.
- Now Train No-14010 Anand Vihar Terminus – Bapudham Motihari Champaran Satyagraha Express will leave Anand Vihar at 23.45 PM on every Saturday and Monday of the week.
- It will reach Bapudham Motihari at 6.45 PM the next day.
Central government launches 7 food processing projects
- The Central government has launched seven food processing projects in Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, and Tamil Nadu.
- These projects were inaugurated on 10 September 2021 by Food Processing Industries Minister, Pashupati Kumar Paras and the Minister of State for Food Processing Industries Prahlad Singh Patel.
- The total cost of the projects is over 164 crore rupees.
Foundation stones laid for UP National Law University
- President of India, Ram Nath Kovind visited Prayagraj in Uttar Pardesh on 11 September 2021.
- During his one-day visit, President laid the foundation stones for Uttar Pradesh National Law University and the new building complex of Allahabad High Court.
- He also laid the foundation stone for multi-level parking, advocate chamber library, and an auditorium.
The fourth Conference of Protectors of Emigrants held
- The Fourth Conference of the Protectors of Emigrants was held on 10 Sept 2021.
- It coincided with the date of enactment of the Emigration Act, 1983.
- Minister of State for External Affairs, V. Muraleedharan delivered the keynote address during the event.
- The representatives of registered Recruiting Agencies’ Associations also joined the conference to exchange ideas.
Webinar organised on Rice Fortification to mark Rashtriya Poshan Maah
- Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and Ministry of Women and Child Development jointly organised a webinar on ‘Rice Fortification: A complementary approach to address Nutritional Anaemia’ on 10 Sept 2021.
- It was held to mark the ongoing 4th Poshan Maah.
- Seven states have already started the distribution of fortified rice.