Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Top Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 11th October 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs on 11th October 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
International Day of the girl child 2021: 11 October
- The International Day of the Girl Child is observed every year on October 11.
- In 2021, the day will be celebrated with the theme “Digital generation. Our generation” and address the issues faced by girls in society.
- On December 18, 2011, the UN General Assembly declared October 11 as the International Day of the Girl Child, to recognise the unique challenges that girls face around the world.
‘Mission 100 Days’ launched to curb Covid during festivals
- The central government has started a campaign named ‘Mission 100 Days’ to control the spread of Covid-19 infections during the festive season.
- As of 10 October 2021, there were 230,971 active Covid-19 cases.
- The Centre has asked states to be extra vigilant during the next 100 days, and ensure that Covid-appropriate behaviour is observed.
Chaitanya Tamhane wins best screenplay for ‘The Disciple’
- Director Chatainya Tamhane has won the best screenplay award for his Marathi-language feature ‘The Disciple’ at the 15th Asian Film Awards.
- The winners in 18 categories were announced at a ceremony hosted by the Asian Film Awards Academy at the Paradise Hotel Busan, South Korea.
- ‘Wife of a Spy’ won the best picture award at the 2021 Asian Film Awards.
Railways launched two long haul freight trains Trishul and Garuda
- The Indian Railways has launched two long haul freight trains “Trishul” and “Garuda” — which are twice or multiple times longer than the normal composition of freight trains.
- These long haul trains provide an effective solution to the problem of capacity constraints in critical sections.
- Trishul is South Central Railway’s first long haul train comprising 3 freight trains, i.e. 177 wagons.
The second phase of the Malabar exercise will be conducted between Oct 12-15
- The Indian Navy will participate in the second phase of Malabar exercise along with the Japan Maritime Self Defence Force, Royal Australian Navy and the United States Navy.
- The multilateral maritime exercise will take place in the Bay of Bengal from October 12-15, 2021.
- The first phase of the Malabar exercise was conducted in the Philippines Sea from August 26 to August 29, 2021.
Reliance New Energy Solar acquires REC Solar Holdings for $771 million
- Reliance New Energy Solar Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL), announced the acquisition of 100% shareholding of REC Solar Holdings AS from China National Bluestar (Group) Co Ltd for $771 million.
- The acquisition is key to RIL’s new-energy vision to become a global-scale photovoltaic manufacturing player.
- It aims to build solar capacity of at least 100 GW by 2030.
Telangana, Uttarakhand introduced mobile court units
- Telangana and Uttarakhand became the first states in the country to introduce mobile court units.
- Mobile court units aim is to allow recording of evidence of women and child victims or witnesses, doctors and medical practitioners on demand.
- These mobile courts are meant for subordinate courts.
@Top Current Affairs
#Top Current Affairs
Jayaprakash Narayan’s 119th birth anniversary: 11 October 2021
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 11 October 2021 paid tribute to ‘Loknayak’ Jayaprakash Narayan on his 119th birth anniversary.
- He was one of the prominent faces of the Quit India Movement and he is remembered for leading the mid-1970s opposition against Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
- In 1999, he was posthumously awarded the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian award.
Cloves from Kanniyakumari’s hills receive Geographical Identification tag
- Clove from Kanniyakumari has received the Geographical Identification (GI) tag.
- The spice crop is cultivated at Maramalai, Karumparai, Vellimalai, and other hills in the Western Ghats of the Kanniyakumari district.
- About 760 hectares of area in the district cultivate cloves and represent about 73 percent of cultivation area in the whole of Tamil Nadu.
Bharti AXA Life launches new savings product Bharti AXA Life Unnati
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance has announced the launch of a new savings product – Bharti AXA Life Unnati.
- This plan is designed to provide long-term financial stability to individuals with the dual benefits of savings and protection in one single plan.
- Bharti AXA is a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and AXA, one of the world’s largest insurance companies.
India agrees to a Line of Credit to development projects in Kyrgyzstan
- India has agreed to a USD 200 million Line of Credit support for development projects in Kyrgyzstan.
- The decision was taken during External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar’s visit to Kyrgyzstan.
- They also concluded an understanding on executing high impact community projects.
- Sadyr Japarov is a acting president of Kyrgyzstan.
NASA’s asteroid spacecraft Lucy to be launched on 16 October
- NASA’s Lucy spacecraft, an asteroid-bound mission to explore the earliest days of the solar system will be launched on 16 Oct’21.
- After blastoff, the spacecraft will make a 12-year journey to the outer solar system, where it will visit half a dozen ancient “Trojan” asteroids that orbit in the same path as the planet Jupiter.
- It will be the first spacecraft to visit asteroids in this region.
Actor Manchu Vishnu was elected Telugu Movie Artists Association President
- Actor Manchu Vishnu has been elected President of the Movie Artists Association (MAA) defeating Prakash Raj.
- He has been elected for the tenure of 2021-23.
- Vishnu’s panel also bagged some posts for the Telugu film actors’ body in the polls.
- Vishnu is the son of senior actor and former Rajya Sabha member Mohan Babu.
President Kovind clears appointment of chief justices to 8 High Courts
- President Ram Nath Kovind has approved the appointment of chief justices to eight High Courts in the country.
- Justice Akil Kureshi has been appointed as the Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court after transfer from the Tripura High Court where he is currently the CJ.
- Justice Indrajit Mahanty, who was the CJ of Rajasthan High Court has been appointed CJ of Tripura High Court.
Aditi Maheshwari becomes British High Commissioner to India for a day
- Aditi Maheshwari from Rajasthan recently became the British High Commissioner to India for a day.
- She won the ‘High Commissioner for the Day’ contest organised annually since 2017 to celebrate the International Day of the Girl Child on October 11.
- She observed the India-UK Energy for Growth Dialogue alongside Ministers Raj Kumar Singh and Kwasi Kwarteng.
Arunachal Pradesh signs MoUs with NGOs for running Eklavya schools
- The Arunachal Pradesh govt has signed MoUs with 3 NGOs for running three new Eklavya Model Residential Schools (EMRS).
- The schools are being constructed at Nyapin in Kurung Kumey district, Khela in Tirap, and Tirbin in Leparada.
- EMRS, an initiative of Union Tribal Affairs Ministry, is implemented along with the state government to ensure quality education from classes 6-12 in tribal areas.
Danfoss Industries signs MoU with IISc Bangalore
- Danfoss India, a leader in heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC), has signed a MoU with the Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru.
- The aim is to create a research and training centre on the use of Low GWP (Global Warming Potential) refrigerants.
- The MoU has been signed for a duration of four years.
- Danfoss would provide hands-on training using demonstration systems.
Bharti’s OneWeb, ISRO arm collaborate to launch a satellite in India
- Bharti Group backed OneWeb has entered an arrangement with the commercial arm of ISRO, NewSpace India Limited (NSIL).
- It will launch its satellite in India from 2022.
- The arrangement has been made through a letter of intent (LOI) with NSIL, to use Indian-built PSLV (Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle) and the heavier GSLV-MkIII (Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle).
Kannada actor Sathyajith passes away
- Kannada film actor Sathyajith passed away in October 2021.
- Satyajith was his screen name, whereas his actual name was Syed Nizamuddin.
- The actor made a mark with his first movie ‘Ankush’ in Hindi in 1986 with Nana Patekar.
- His prominent movies were Yuddha Kanda, Mandyada Gandu, Police Story, Shiva Mecchida Kannappa, Nyayakkagi Nanu, Sangharsha, Apthamithra, and Padma Vyuha.
RIL to acquire up to 40% stake in SP Group’s Sterling & Wilson Solar
- Reliance New Energy Solar Ltd (RNESL) has agreed to acquire up to 40% stake in Sterling & Wilson Solar (SWSL) for approximately a total payout of ₹2,845 crores.
- RNESL is Reliance Industries Ltd’s wholly-owned subsidiary.
- As the first step of the deal, RNESL will get a preferential allotment of 2.93 crore equity shares at a price of ₹375 per share for approximately ₹1,100 crores.
Sports Minister Anurag Thakur launches Delhi Hockey Weekend League
- Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Thakur launched the Delhi Hockey Weekend League 2021-22 on 10 October 2021.
- It is taking place at the Major Dhyanchand National Stadium.
- It is being organized by the Sports Authority of India in association with the Delhi Hockey Federation.
- It will have a total of 36 teams competing for the trophy.
Nirmala Sitharaman to attend G-20, World Bank meetings in the US
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is on a week-long US trip from 11 October 2021.
- She will attend the annual meet of the World Bank and International Monetary Fund as well as G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) meeting.
- She will also participate in the India-US Economic and Financial Dialogue, and other associated investment meetings.
MoS External Affairs V. Muraleedharan visits New York
- Minister of State for External Affairs, V. Muraleedharan is on an official visit to New York from 11 October 2021.
- During the 3-day visit, he will represent India at the UN Security Council High-Level Open Debate on Peace-building and Sustaining Peace.
- The meeting is convened by Kenya which holds the Presidency of UN Security Council and will be chaired by the Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta.
Valtteri Bottas won Turkish Grand Prix
- Valtteri Bottas won the Turkish Grand Prix on 10 October 2021.
- Verstappen emerged as runner-up and his Red Bull teammate Sergio Perez finished third.
- Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc came on fourth and ahead of seven-times World champion Hamilton, who had started 11th due to an engine penalty.
- The U.S. Grand Prix in Texas is the next race on 24 October.
Pulitzer-winning scholar Martin J Sherwin dead at 84
- Martin J Sherwin, a leading scholar of atomic weapons passed away in October 2021.
- He was best known for American Prometheus published in 2005 and winner of the Pulitzer for biography.
- He spent more than two decades researching the pioneering physicist J. Robert Oppenheimer for American Prometheus.
Mukesh Ambani enters world’s exclusive $100-billion club
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) Chairman Mukesh Ambani entered the exclusive $100-billion club.
- According to Bloomberg Billionaire Index, the stock of his conglomerate surged on October 8 – taking his net worth $100.6 billion.
- Elon Musk ranks 1st in the world’s most exclusive wealth club.
- He is ranked 11th among others in the $100-billion club.
#Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-
- Join Telegram Group: Click Here
- Latest Government Job Notification