Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 10th September 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 10th September 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Government to release Rs 56,027 crores in the current financial year
- Government will release 56,027 crore rupees in the current financial year (2021-22) itself in order to disburse all pending export incentives due to exporters.
- The amount will be disbursed to more than 45 thousand exporters and the amount will be disbursed this year only.
- The benefits will help sectors to maintain cash flows and meet export demand in the international market.
National Mission for Clean Ganga organises Himalayan Diwas
- National Mission for Clean Ganga organized Himalayan Diwas in New Delhi in association with Naula Foundation on 9 September 2021.
- The theme for 2021 is the Contribution of the Himalayas and our responsibilities.
- Himalaya Diwas is celebrated every year on 9th September in Uttarakhand.
- It is celebrated with the aim to conserve the Himalayan ecosystem and region.
Centre to develop a search engine for the search of Judgements of SC
- The Centre will develop a search engine for online search of Hindi version of the Judgements of Supreme Court and High Courts.
- This was stated by Union Law Secretary, Anoop Kumar Mendiratta while inaugurating an exhibition cum sale counter of bilingual bare acts, Hindi law journals, and Hindi textbooks in district and sessions court premises of Varanasi.
Unemployment rate rises to 10.3 pc in Oct-Dec 2020
- The unemployment rate for all ages in urban areas rose to 10.3 per cent in October-December 2020 as compared to 7.9 per cent in Oct-Dec 2019.
- The labour force participation rate for all ages in urban areas was 37.3% in the Oct-Dec quarter of 2020, up from 37.2% in the same period a year ago.
- The above data was released by periodic labour force survey of the National Statistical Office (NSO).
Govt launches drive to on-board street vendors for digital payments
- The Central government launched a special drive in 223 cities to onboard more than 8 lakh street vendors to start accepting and making digital payments.
- The drive has been launched under the PM SVANidhi scheme.
- The special drive aims to accelerate the onboarding of street vendors on the UPI QR code and handhold them to start accepting and making digital payment transactions.
Govt announces new MRO policy for civil aviation space
- The Minister of Civil Aviation Jyotiraditya Scindia announced a new policy for Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) services for civil aviation space.
- Under the new policy, the rate of lease rental would be decided through bidding instead of having pre-determined AAI (Airports Authority of India) rates.
- The ministry has identified eight airports to set up MRO facilities.
Bengal govt revises family pension of employees
- The West Bengal government has decided to revise the family pension of its employees and raise the monthly income ceiling from Rs 3,600 to Rs 9,000.
- The move comes in the wake of recommendations by the 6th Pay Commission.
- Prior to 2006, widows, unmarried and divorced women were not entitled to family pensions after the death of government employees.
DSLSA launches Vidhik Sahayak’ project for jail inmates
- The Delhi State Legal Services Authority (DSLSA) in association with Delhi Prisons launched the ‘Vidhik Sahayak’ project for jail inmates.
- It aims to help jail inmates find clerical job opportunities in legal field post their incarceration.
- Under the pilot project, vocational skills such as data management and basic computer skills would be provided to the inmates.
Microsoft, OYO to co-develop travel, hospitality products
- Microsoft and hospitality firm OYO has entered a multi-year strategic alliance to co-develop next-gen travel and hospitality products and technologies.
- OYO would adopt Microsoft Azure as a key enabler to drive cloud-based innovations and reimagine the hospitality and travel tech industry.
- As part of this alliance, OYO would develop Smart Room experiences for travelers on the OYO platform.
Google announces an accelerator program ‘GNI Startups Lab India’
- Google on 9 September 2021 announced an accelerator program ‘Google News Initiative(GNI) Startups Lab India’ for independent local or single-subject journalism organizations in the country.
- It has been created in partnership with Echos (a global innovation lab) and DIGIPUB News India Foundation.
- The program would support high-quality reporting for local and underserved communities.
Railway Min flags off indigenously designed equipment for the viaduct
- Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw on 9 September 2021 flagged off indigenously designed and manufactured equipment to expedite the construction of a viaduct for the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail corridor.
- The full span launching equipment-Straddle Carrier and Girder Transporter has been indigenously designed and manufactured by Larsen & Toubro (L&T).
MPPTCL sets up the cyber security system to prevent hacking
- The Madhya Pradesh Power Transmission Company Limited (MPPTCL) on 9 September 2021 has set up a cyber security system in the State Load Dispatch Centre at Jabalpur to protect the power supply network from hacking across the state.
- Madhya Pradesh has become the first state in the country to introduce a cyber security system to protect its power supply network.
Indian Air Force gets first Indo-Israeli missile
- The Indian Air Force on 9 September 2021 was handed over its first Indo-Israeli Medium Range Surface to Air Missile (MRSAM) system.
- The MRSAM provides protection against incoming enemy aircraft and tactical missiles.
- It has been designed and developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) in partnership with Israel Aerospace Industries(IAI).
Indian-origin butcher wins South African sausage contest
- Indian-origin South African butcher Vikash Bachu has been named South Africa’s boerewors champion.
- Bachu was only the second Indian-origin South African to win the title in its 29-year history, after Jeffrey Soobramoney in 2007.
- Boerewors, literally translating as ‘farmer’s sausage’ in Afrikaans, is a thick sausage believed to have first been created by farmers about 200 years ago.
World’s largest carbon dioxide capturing plant starts in Iceland
- World’s largest plant that sucks carbon dioxide directly from air and deposits it deep underground to be mineralised started operating in Iceland on 8 September 2021.
- Swiss start-up Climeworks AG has partnered with Iceland’s Carbfix to develop a plant that absorbs up to 4,000 tons of CO2 per year.
- Climeworks AG specialises in capturing carbon dioxide directly from the air.
Italy set to legalise home cultivation of cannabis
- Italy is set to legalize small-scale cultivation of cannabis.
- A reform to that effect was passed by the justice committee of the lower house of the Italian parliament on 8 September 2021.
- The reform seeks to decriminalize the growth of up to four female cannabis plants at home.
- The reform also seeks to increase punishment for trafficking and dealing cannabis.
India’s first methanol production plant at BHEL R&D Centre, Hyderabad
- BHEL R&D center at Hydrabad began working on Indian high ash coal gasification in 2016 with support from the NITI Aayog to produce 0.25 ton per day methanol.
- With 4 years of hard work BHEL successfully demonstrated a facility to create 0.25 TPD Methanol from high ash Indian coal using a 1.2 TPD Fluidized bed gasifier.
- The methanol purity of the crude methanol produced is between 98-99.5%.
Improved water management system developed
- Indian researchers have developed an improved wastewater treatment solution.
- It can completely reuse industrial dye wastewater from the textile industry, eliminating its toxicity and making it suitable for domestic and industrial usage.
- Researchers from IIT Kanpur with Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur and MBM College Jodhpur have developed the solution.
CCI approves acquisition of Indiabulls by Nextbillion Technology
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the acquisition of Indiabulls Asset Management Company Limited and Indiabulls Trustee Company Limited by Nextbillion Technology Private Limited.
- Nextbillion Technology Private Limited is a stockbroker and depository participant.
- It is also registered with Association of Mutual Funds in India as a mutual fund distributor.
ONGC Tripura Power Company Limited to be acquired by GAIL
- The Competition Commission of India has approved acquisition of ONGC Tripura Power Company Limited by GAIL (India) Limited under Section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.
- The proposed combination falls under Section 5(a) of the Competition Act, 2002.
- GAIL was incorporated in August 1984 as a Central Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (MoPNG).
China building 30 airports in Tibet and Xinjiang
- About 30 airports have been either built or under construction in Tibet and Xinjiang provinces which will boost China’s civil and military infrastructure in the remote regions bordering India.
- China has been ramping up infrastructure in Tibet.
- Recently, it has launched the high-speed bullet train connecting the provincial capital Lhasa with Nyingchi.
ReNew Power commissions 250 MW solar project in Rajasthan
- ReNew Power has commissioned a 250 MW solar project in Jaisalmer district, Rajasthan.
- It is the Interstate Transmission System (ISTS) solar generation project, SECI-3.
- The project has a total generation capacity of 300 MW, which was won by ReNew Power in tranche 3 of the competitive auction conducted by the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).
India and Denmark launch Centre of Excellence on Offshore Wind
- India and Denmark have launched the ‘Centre of Excellence on Offshore Wind’ as part of the green strategic partnership between the two nations.
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has set a target of adding 30 gigawatts (GW) of offshore wind energy projects by 2030.
- In the initial phases, the centre of excellence (CoE) will focus on the offshore wind sector.
Ujjivan Financial Services appoints Sanjeev Barnwal as CEO
- Ujjivan Financial Services Ltd has appointed its company secretary Sanjeev Barnwal as the Chief Executive, effective 10 September 2021.
- This move comes after its erstwhile head Carol Furtado took up the role of the officer on special duty at Ujjivan Small Finance Bank.
- After that she will take charge as the interim CEO, subject to approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
Wonderchef appoints Kriti Sanon as brand ambassador
- Kitchenware brand Wonderchef has announced the appointment of Bollywood actor Kriti Sanon as its brand ambassador.
- The TVC featuring Sanon will be launched simultaneously across multiple channels including digital.
- Wonderchef Kitchenware was founded in 2009 by Ravi Saxena and Chef Sanjeev Kapoor.
Opening Session of National Conference of CISOs/CROS/Intermediaries
- Minister of State for Home Affairs Ajay Kumar Mishra inaugurated the National Conference of CISOs/CROs/Intermediaries in New Delhi on 9 September 2021.
- The Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Centre (I4C), founded in 2018 by the MHA, is a special purpose unit to fight cyber crime and cyber security challenges.
- It was launched in 2019 and is a citizen-centric crime reporting portal.
‘Main Bhi Digital 3.0’ campaign launched
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs( MoHUA) in collaboration with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) has launched the pilot drive ‘Main Bhi Digital 3.0’.
- It is a special campaign for Digital Onboarding and Training for street vendors under the PM SVANidhi scheme across 223 cities in the country.
- It is in line with PM Modi’s vision of “SabkaSaathSabkaVikas”.
Varanasi Smart City Ltd and NIUA hold a City Stakeholder Consultation
- National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) in partnership with Varanasi Smart City Ltd (VSCL) organized a city stakeholder consultation in Varanasi on 9 September 2021.
- It was held to create a collaborative and participatory roadmap towards the vision of Sugamya Kashi.
- The UK Aid-funded case study research being led by the Global Disability Innovation Hub (GDI Hub) was also discussed.
Scientists measure the magnetic field of an eruption from the Sun
- Indian Scientists, along with international collaborators, have measured the magnetic field of an eruption from the Sun’s atmosphere.
- This was done by observing the weak thermal radio emission associated with the erupted plasma for the first time.
- Scientists from the Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA) used data from their radio telescopes to measure the magnetic field.
NMDC partners with Grace Cancer Foundation for Freedom Run 2021
- National Mineral Development Corporation Ltd. (NMDC) under the Ministry of Steel launched Global Grace Cancer Run 2021 in Hyderabad on 9 September 2021.
- NMDC is supporting the Cancer Awareness Run to be held on 10th October, 2021 in Hyderabad, as part of India’s AzadiKaAmritMahotsav celebration.
- It will be held in three categories – 5K, 10K, and 21.1K.
Former Minister Atmaram Tomar passes away
- Former minister, Atmaram Tomar, who had contested the Uttar Pradesh assembly elections, passed away in September 2021.
- He has also served as the principal of Janata Vedic College was a senior BJP leader from Uttar Pradesh.
- In 1993, Atmaram Tomar had contested elections on a BJP ticket from the Chhaprauli constituency.
- A few years later, he served as a BJP Minister in the state in 1997.
India to get emergency landing facilities at 20 places
- India will develop emergency landing facilities at 19 other places apart from the one already operational on National Highway 925A in Rajasthan.
- The places include Phalodi – Jaisalmer road and Barmer – Jaisalmer road in Rajasthan, Kharagpur – Balasore road in West Bengal, etc.
- NH-925 is India’s first national highway to be used for emergency landing by IAF aircraft.
RBI approves re-appointment of Vaidyanathan as IDFC FIRST Bank Chief
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has granted its approval for the re-appointment of V. Vaidyanathan as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of IDFC FIRST Bank.
- Vaidyanathan’s re-appointment as MD and CEO is for three years, effective from December 19, 2021.
- He took over as the MD and CEO of IDFC FIRST Bank in December 2018 after Capital First and IDFC Bank merger.
World Suicide Prevention Day: 10 September
- World Suicide Prevention Day is marked every year on September 10 to create awareness about the ways in which suicide can be prevented.
- It was held for the first time on September 10, 2003, as an initiative by the International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP) teamed up with WHO.
- The theme for the year2021 is “Creating Hope Through Action”.
CRPF’s Kanya Kumari to Raj Ghat Cycle Ral cycle rally flagged off
- Telangana Governor Dr. Tamilisai Soundarajan flagged off Central Reserve Police Force – CRPF’s Kanya Kumari to Raj Ghat Cycle Rally at People’s Plaza, Hyderabad on 9 September 2021.
- She felicitated CRPF Martyrs’ families and appreciated the efforts of CRPF for conducting such programmes.
- The rally will culminate on the 2nd of October 2021 covering a total distance of 2,850 kilometers.
IOC suspends North Korea until the end of 2022
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) has suspended North Korea until the end of 2022 after it failed to send a team to the Tokyo Games.
- The suspension means the country will miss out on the Beijing Winter Games.
- North Korea did not send a delegation to the Tokyo Games.
- The North Korean Olympic Committee would not receive financial aid during the suspension.
Bangladesh to have a fully digitised land management system
- The Bangladesh government aims to make the land management system of the country fully digitised and bring land services to the doorstep of people.
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the ‘Bhumi Bhaban’ on 9 September 2021.
- It will house all the offices and agencies of the Ministry of land under one roof to provide hassle-free service to the people.
Civil Aviation Ministry prepares 100-day plan to be more transparent
- Civil Aviation Ministry has prepared a 100-day plan on the basis of which it will be answerable to the stakeholders transparently.
- 4 airports will be upgraded and developed in Kushinagar, Dehradun, Agartala, and Jewar in Greater Noida.
- The airport in Kushinagar will have the capacity for the landing of Airbus 321 and Boeing 737 flights.
- It will become the focal point of the Buddhist circuit.
India, US hold a meeting on Strategic Clean Energy Partnership
- Petroleum Minister Hardeep Singh Puri co-chaired a virtual Ministerial meeting with U.S. Secretary of Energy Ms. Jennifer Granholm on 9 September 2021.
- It was held to launch the revamped U.S.-India Strategic Clean Energy Partnership SCEP.
- The SCEP was launched in accordance with U.S.-India Climate and Clean Energy Agenda 2030 Partnership.
President Ram Nath Kovind appoints new Governors in four states
- President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed new Governors in Tamil Nadu and Uttarakhand.
- Nagaland Governor RN Ravi has been appointed as Governor of Tamil Nadu.
- Lt Gen. Gurmit Singh has been appointed Governor of Uttarakhand.
- Governor of Tamil Nadu Banwarilal Purohit has been appointed as regular Governor of Punjab.
- Governor of Assam Jagdish Mukhi has been appointed the Governor of Nagaland.
Double dose of vaccination 97.5% effective in preventing mortality
- One dose of COVID-19 vaccine is 96.6 percent effective in the prevention of death against the disease while with the two doses the effectiveness is 97.5 percent.
- This protective effectiveness of the vaccine was revealed in an analysis done through synergizing the data from Co-WIN, COVID-19 India portal and COVID-19 testing portal.
- The data was analyzed between 18 April to 15 August 2021.