Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 10th October 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 10th October 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
World Homeless Day: 10 October
- World Homeless Day is observed on 10 October every year.
- The inaugural World Homeless Day was marked on the 10th of October 2010.
- The purpose of the day is to draw attention to people who experience homelessness and provide opportunities for the community to get involved in responding to homelessness.
World Day Against Death Penalty: 10 October
- World Day Against Death Penalty is observed every year on 10 October.
- It is a day to advocate for the abolition of the death penalty and to raise awareness of the conditions and the circumstances which affect prisoners with death sentences.
- The day was first organized by the World Coalition Against the Death Penalty in 2003.
World Mental Health Day: 10 October
- World Mental Health Day is celebrated every year on October 10.
- It is aimed at raising awareness and spreading education about mental health issues across the globe.
- The day was first observed on 10 October 1992 as an annual activity of the World Federation for Mental Health.
- The theme of World Mental Health Day 2021 is ‘Mental health in an unequal world’.
Former Iranian President Abolhassan Bani-Sadr passes away
- Iran’s first President after the 1979 Islamic revolution, Abolhassan Bani-Sadr, passed away in October 2021.
- Bani-Sadr had emerged from obscurity to become Iran’s first President with the help of the Islamic clergy in February 1980.
- Prior to his presidency, he was the Minister of Foreign Affairs in the interim government.
- He had co-founded the National Council of Resistance of Iran.
Sanjay Bhargava to head Starlink satellite broadband venture
- Sanjay Bhargava will head Elon Musk’s Starlink satellite broadband venture in India.
- He had earlier worked with Elon Musk as part of a team that had founded electronic payment firm, PayPal.
- Bhargava joined SpaceX as Starlink’s country director (India), effective October 1, 2021.
- In his previous role, Bhargava had co-founded investment advisory firm, Bharosa Club and was its Chairman.
Suchetha Sathish sets Guinness record by singing in 120 languages
- 16-year-old Suchetha Sathish has achieved the Guinness record for singing in 120 languages.
- She had performed at an event held at the Indian Consulate in Dubai on August 19, 2021.
- She received the certificate and citations in Dubai on 7 October 2021.
- She sang in 120 languages for 7 hours and 20 minutes straight.
Haier’s Eric Braganza appointed as CEAMA President
- The Consumer Electronics and Appliances Manufacturers Association (CEAMA) has appointed Eric Braganza as its President for a two-year term.
- Braganza, who heads Haier Appliances India, succeeds Godrej Appliances Business Head and Executive Vice-President Kamal Nandi for the CEAMA chair.
- Established in 1978, CEAMA represents the consumer electronics and home appliances industry.
India’s first-ever non-GM herbicide-tolerant rice varieties
- India’s first-ever non-GM (genetically modified) herbicide-tolerant rice varieties have been released officially.
- The rice varieties have been named Pusa Basmati 1979 and Pusa Basmati 1985.
- They have been developed by scientists at the Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI),
- They can save significant amount of water and need less labour compared to conventional transplanting.
Captain Alok Mishra named MD of India Ports Global
- Government has selected Capt. Alok Mishra as the Managing Director of India Ports Global Ltd.
- It is an entity tasked with developing and running the strategically important and India-funded Chabahar port in Iran.
- Mishra is currently the Head Operations and Transformation Lead at Gateway Terminals India Pvt Ltd (GTI), which is 74 per cent owned by A P M Terminals Management B V.
PM Narendra Modi to launch industry body Indian Space Association
- PM Narendra Modi will launch the Indian Space Association on October 11, 2021.
- It is a grouping of space and satellite companies.
- Indian Space Association represents homegrown and global corporations with advanced capabilities in space and satellite technologies.
- Its founding members include Bharti Airtel, Larsen & Toubro, Nelco, OneWeb, Mapmyindia, Walchandnagar Industries, etc.
Father of Pakistan’s nuclear programme AQ Khan passes away
- Abdul Qadeer Khan, revered as the father of Pakistan’s nuclear programme, passed away in October 2021.
- The Pakistani atomic scientist is hailed as a national hero for making his country the world’s first Islamic nuclear power.
- However, he was later accused of illegally sharing nuclear technology with Iran, Libya and North Korea and was given a house arrest.
Benyamin was chosen for Vayalar Ramavarma Memorial Literary Award
- Writer Benyamin has been chosen for the Vayalar Ramavarma Memorial Literary Award.
- His Manthalirile 20 Communist Varshangal fetched Benyamin the honour.
- The award comprises a purse of Rs 1 lakh and a bronze statue designed by Kanayi Kunjiraman.
- He is a recipient of the Kerala Sahithya Akademi Award, the Crossword Book Award, the JCB Prize for Literature and the Muttathu Varkey Award.
Harpeet Kochhar appointed chief of CanCanada’s Public Health Agency
- Senior Indo-Canadian scientist Dr Harpreet S Kochhar has been appointed as the next President of the Public Health Agency of Canada or PHAC.
- He is currently a senior bureaucrat with Health Canada, the country’s health ministry, with the designation of associate deputy minister of health.
- He will assume charge later in October 2021, replacing Iain Stewart.
Parliamentary Standing Committees for 2021-2022 reconstituted
- Department-related Parliamentary Standing Committees for 2021-2022 has been reconstituted with effect from 13th September 2021.
- Rajya Sabha member V. Vijayasai Reddy has been appointed as the Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Commerce.
- Dr. Vinay P. Sahasrabuddhe has been appointed as the Chairman of the Committee on Education, Women, Children, Youth, and Sports.
Geriatrician V.S. Natarajan gets Vayoshreshtha Samman
- Vice-President M. Venkaiah Naidu presented the Vayoshreshtha Samman National Award to senior geriatrician V.S. Natarajan in October 2021.
- On October 1, World Elders Day every year, the Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment presents this award to those who have remarkably served the elderly fraternity.
- The awards were given to 13 individuals and private organizations for year 2021.
NMPB collaborates with the Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology
- National Medicinal Plant Board (NMPB) has signed an MoU with the Institute of Himalayan Bioresource Technology to promote the production of quality planting material of medicinal plants.
- Both will facilitate the development of Quality Planting Material (QPM) of medicinal plants and herbs identified by NMPB.
- It will also help in the establishment of their nurseries for QPM development.
Rajnath Singh confers gallantry medals on ICG personnel
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh conferred gallantry and meritorious service medals on the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) personnel on 9 October 2021.
- A total of 21 awards, including three President’s Tatrakshak Medals (Distinguished Service), eight Tatrakshak Medals (Gallantry), and 10 Tatrakshak Medals (Meritorious Service) were presented during the ceremony.
72nd Territorial Army Day celebrated on 9 October 2021
- The Territorial Army celebrated its 72nd Raising Day on 9 October 2021.
- The Territorial Army came into being when the Territorial Army Act was enacted on Aug 18, 1948.
- Initially, the Territorial Army consisted of Infantry, Armoured Corps, Air Defence Artillery, Signals, Supply, and other departmental units.
- It was formally raised by the first Governor-General C Rajagopalachari in 1949.
Dr G Satheesh Reddy awarded Aryabhata Award by ASI
- Dr G Satheesh Reddy has been conferred the Aryabhata Award by the Astronautical Society of India.
- He has been awarded for his outstanding lifetime contribution to the promotion of astronautics in India.
- He is the Secretary of the Department of Defence Research and Development and Chairman of DRDO.
Edayur Chilli, Kuttiattoor Mango receives GI tag
- Kuttiattoor mango and Edayur chilli have received a Geographical Indication tag.
- Edayur chilli fruit is a single berry with a fairly triangular form and smooth surface.
- It is grown in Malappuram district, Kerala.
- The Kuttiattoor mango is a popular and delicious traditional mango found in Kuttiattoor and the surrounding Gram Panchayats of Kannur district, Kerala, India.
@Top Current Affairs 10th October 2021
#Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-