The full form of BARC is the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre. BARC is India’s leading nuclear research centre with the main office in Trombay, Maharashtra, Mumbai. BARC is a different disciplines research centre with comprehensive, advanced research & development infrastructure including the whole range of engineering, nuclear science & related fields.
BARC ‘s fundamental objective is to preserve secure nuclear energy activities, mainly for energy production. It handles all aspects of atomic energy, including theoretical reactor technology to computerized modelling and simulation, new reactor fuel materials development, risk analysis & evaluation, etc.
History of BARC
- Dr Homi Jehangir Bhabha began the nuclear program in India. He founded TIFR (Tata Institute of Fundamental Research) in 1945 for the research in nuclear science.
- Dr Bhabha set up AEET (Atomic Energy Establishment, Trombay) in January 1954 to strengthen the nuclear facilities and leverage nuclear energy for the country’s improvement.
- Dr Bhabha also set up numerous BARC training centres to meet the energy demands of research & development activities in the field of atomic energy.
- AEET was designated as BARC (Bhabha Atomic Research Center) in 1966 after Dr Bhabha ‘s death on 22 January 1967.
- The BARC expertise proceeded the nuclear research programmes, intending to make India independent in the field of electricity generation.
BARC research on various sectors
BARC is indeed researching various field including,
- Using nuclear fuel recycling
- Medicine field
- Agricultural sector
- It is also accountable for the country’s smooth operation of the numerous nuclear reactors.
- Nuclear waste management process and so on.
Latest Full Forms
|RT-PCR Full form||Full Form of LED|
|Full Form of LLM||Full Form of CFA|
|Full form of AMIE||NCERT Full Form|
|Full form of CSE||DCA Full Form|
|Full form of BA||DM Full Form|
A Quick FAQ to BARC
What is the Full form of BARC?
The full form of BARC is the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre.
What is BARC exam for?
BARC Exam is a golden opportunity for Engineering and Science graduates. Bhabha Atomic Research Centre is a highly reputed research center that provides excellent career opportunities in Nuclear Science and Engineering & Technology. To get into BARC, you will need to qualify the BARC Online Exam with flying colors.
What is BARC in radiology?
Radiological Physics and Advisory Division (RP&AD) of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) is conducting the Diploma in Radiological Physics (DipRP) course since 1962. The course also contains practical and field training relevant to the practice of medical physicists and radiological safety officers.
How do I become a BARC scientist?
Candidates must have passed in Mathematics at Std. XII or at B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc. All science postgraduate candidates (other than those applying with a five-year integrated M.Sc. degree) must additionally have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B.
Is BARC a PSU?
Almost 100% of the parts of these indigenously designed reactors are manufactured by Indian industry. Apart from it’s primary facility at Trombay, new facilities and campuses of BARC is coming up in atchutapuram near visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh and in challakere in chitradurga district in Karnataka.