Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 28 April 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 28 April 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Agriculture Infra Fund crosses 8000 cr mark
- Agriculture Infrastructure Fund has crossed the 8000 crore mark.
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has informed that a total of 8,665 applications worth 8,216 crore rupees have been received for the fund.
- The largest share of 58 percent has been contributed by Primary Agricultural Credit Societies followed by agri-entrepreneurs and individual farmers.
India’s organic food products export rises
- India’s organic food products exports rose by more than 50% in terms of value in 2020-21 despite COVID-19 challenges.
- In terms of quantity, the exports of organic food products grew by 39% to 8,88,000 metric tonnes during the last financial year compared to 2019-20.
- They have been exported to 58 countries including the USA, European Union, Canada, Britain, Australia, Switzerland, Israel, etc.
Noted Odia writer Manoj Das passes away
- Manoj Das, an Indian author who wrote in Odia and English, passed away in April 2021.
- He made rich contributions to English and Odia literature.
- He was a leading exponent of Sri Aurobindo’s philosophy.
- He was awarded Padma Shri in 2001 and Padma Bhushan in 2020 for his contributions in the field of literature and education.
- He was also honored with the Sahitya Akademi Award fellowship.
@Top Current Affairs 28 April 2021
#Top Current Affairs
NCT of Delhi Amendment Act comes into effect
- The Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (Amendment) Act, 2021 has come into force.
- It gives primacy to the Lieutenant Governor (L-G) over the elected government in the city
- The provisions of the Act came into effect on April 27, 2021.
- The city government will now have to seek the opinion of the L-G before taking any executive action.
Large oxygen plants to be set up in MP
- Large oxygen plants are to be set up in all divisional headquarters of Madhya Pradesh.
- The state reported 13,417 fresh COVID cases on 27 April 2021 while 11,577 patients recovered from the infection.
- Under the Kill Corona Campaign, 12,800 survey teams are doing survey work in the state.
- The pace of infection has come down in the state, as informed by the CM.
Bangladesh gives nod to the use of Sputnik V
- Bangladesh Government has approved the emergency use of the Russian COVID 19 vaccine Sputnik V.
- The vaccine is expected to arrive in Bangladesh in May 2021.
- Sputnik V is the second vaccine to receive approval for use in Bangladesh.
- Earlier, the Serum Institute of India (SII) produced the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine was approved for use in Bangladesh.
China announces new anti-espionage regulation
- China has announced a new anti-espionage regulation amid worsening ties with the world’s major powers and a renewed focus on national security.
- The new regulation allows the national security authority to draw up lists of companies and organizations that are susceptible to foreign infiltration and require listed institutes to adopt security measures to prevent foreign infiltration.
Railway delivers liquid medical oxygen
- Railway has delivered 450 metric tonnes of liquid medical oxygen to Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, and Delhi in six Oxygen express.
- It has delivered this liquid medical oxygen through 26 tankers covering more than ten thousand kilometers.
- As per provisional estimates, Railways has delivered 202 metric tonnes to Uttar Pradesh, 174 metric tonnes to Maharashtra, and 70 metric tonnes to Delhi.
Govt procures over 232 lakh tonnes of wheat
- The government has procured over 232 lakh tonnes of wheat benefitting more than 22 lakh farmers.
- The procurement of wheat has recently commenced in the rabi marketing season in the Punjab, Haryana, UP, MP, Rajasthan, etc.
- More than one crore six lakh farmers have already been benefitted from the ongoing Kharif marketing season procurement Operations.
Registration for Covid vaccination begins
- The registration process for COVID vaccination to all above 18 years began on 28 April 2021.
- They will be vaccinated in the third phase of the COVID vaccination drive starting from 1 May 2021.
- All those eligible can register on the Co-Win portal – cowin.gov.in.
- In this phase, the vaccination will continue as before in central govt vaccination centers free of cost to the eligible people.
Railways make 4,000 Covid Care coaches
- Railways have made nearly 4000 Covid Care coaches with almost 64,000 beds ready for use by states.
- At present 169 coaches have been handed over to various states for Covid care.
- It has deployed Covid Care Coaches in Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, and Delhi to assist the states in view of rising corona cases in the country.
OYO launches quarantine facilities
- Hospitality firm OYO on 27 April 2021 launched the OYO Care feature on its mobile app to support the healthcare system in the country.
- The initiative will avail users to book quarantine as well as isolation facilities for COVID-19 patients.
- To provide these facilities, OYO has joined hands with over 30 hospitals, several government authorities and private sector organisations.
Lanka cabinet approves ban on face coverings
- Sri Lanka’s cabinet on 27 April 2021 approved a controversial proposal to ban all forms of face coverings in public places, citing a threat to national security.
- The decision was taken two years after a wave of coordinated terror attacks on hotels and churches on 21 April 2019.
- The covering of the full face will automatically include a burqa and niqab.
Prime Focus wins Academy Awards
- Indian media services company Prime Focus Ltd has won the Academy Award for best visual effects for Christopher Nolan’s spy thriller Tenet.
- The company had merged its VFX business with global visual effects provider DNEG (Double Negative).
- This is the fifth Academy Award win for DNEG in the last seven years and its sixth win in total.
ADB upgrades its GDP projection for India
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has upgraded its India growth projection for FY22 to 11% from 8% earlier.
- It has assumed that the second wave of the covid-19 pandemic is contained, and vaccines are deployed extensively across the country.
- It has projected inflation to moderate to 5.2% in FY22 after rising by 6.2% in FY21.
Pakistan records highest-ever deaths
- Pakistan on 28 April 2021 reported more than 200 deaths due to the COVID-19, the highest number of fatalities in a single day.
- The death toll jumped to 17,530 after 201 fatalities were reported.
- The data showed that 157 people died on April 23, 2021, which broke the record of 153 deaths reported on June 20, 2020.
- However, a new record was created within a week.
Amar Merani joins IIFL as Strategy Head
- IIFL Asset Management Co. (AMC) has appointed Amar Merani as Head of real estate strategy.
- He will lead the team in managing investments and building the company’s client base.
- Merani joins Xander Finance, the non-banking financial company (NBFC) of Xander Group Inc., where he was the CEO since 2012.
Himachal Pradesh State Cooperative Bank fined
- The RBI has imposed a penalty of ₹40 lakh on Himachal Pradesh State Cooperative Bank, Shimla, for non-compliance with certain regulatory directions issued by NABARD.
- The penalty has been imposed for non-compliance with regulatory directions issued by NABARD contained in ‘Review of Frauds – Guidelines on Monitoring and Reporting System’.
Indian Covid-19 variant found in 17 nations
- WHO has informed that a variant of Covid-19 feared to be contributing to a surge in coronavirus cases in India has been found in over a dozen countries.
- The B.1.617 variant of Covid-19 first found in India has been detected in over 1,200 sequences uploaded to the GISAID open-access database from at least 17 countries.
- Most sequences were uploaded from India, UK, the USA, and Singapore.
Government leaves GPF interest rate unchanged
- The Government has decided to keep the General Provident Fund (GPF) and other non-government PF, Gratuity funds interest rate unchanged at 7.1 percent.
- The interest rate of 7.1 percent is applicable for April to June 2021 quarter and the new rate will become effective from 1st April 2021.
- There are 10 funds for which this interest rate announcement will apply.
Important Link :-