Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 23 April 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs on 23 April 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
405th death anniversary of Shakespeare: 23 Apr
- April 23 marks the 405th death anniversary of the world’s pre-eminent dramatist, William Shakespeare.
- William Shakespeare, who was born in 1564 at Stratford, England, was an English poet, playwright, and actor, commonly regarded as the finest master of the English language and the world’s greatest dramatist.
- The most popular Shakespeare plays include Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Othello, etc.
RBI allows banks to pay pre-COVID dividends
- The Reserve Bank of India has allowed banks to pay dividends on equity shares.
- Asking banks to proactively raise and conserve capital in wake of the second wave of Covid, the RBI has told banks to restrict dividends to 50% of what regulations allow.
- In 2020, the central bank had banned banks from paying dividends after the Covid outbreak.
Bihar Govt to set up Covid care center
- Bihar Government has decided to set up 100 to 500-bed Covid care centers in each district of the state in view of the increasing number of Covid-19 cases in the state.
- These centers will be equipped with oxygen facilities.
- A cryogenic oxygen tank will be established in every district to meet the challenges of oxygen scarcity.
- The state government has also decided to buy 100 trunet machines.
Uttarakhand Govt to close all Govt offices
- The Uttarakhand govt has decided to close all government offices from Saturday to Monday for sanitization.
- The number of covid 19 cases in Uttarakhand breached the 4 thousand mark on 21 April 2021, therefore it has been decided that state government offices will remain closed for a period of three days Friday, Saturday and Sunday for sanitization.
- There is no scarcity of oxygen in the state.
Atanu Chakraborty: Part-time Chairman of HDFC
- The Reserve Bank of India has approved the appointment of Atanu Chakraborty as the Part-time Chairman of HDFC Bank.
- He has been appointed for a period of 3 years, with effect from May 5, 2021, or the date of his taking charge, whichever is later.
- He last served as the Economic Affairs Secretary until his superannuation on 30 April 2021.
- He is a member of the IAS in Gujarat cadre.
Health Ministry advises proning for self-care
- The Union Health Ministry has advised ‘proning for self-care for coronavirus patients.
- It is extremely beneficial for such patients with compromised breathing comfort, especially during home isolation.
- Proning is the process of turning a patient with precise, safe motions, from their back onto their abdomen so that the individual is lying face down.
Japan approves rheumatoid drug Baricitinib
- Japan’s Health Ministry has approved the use of rheumatoid arthritis drug Baricitinib for COVID-19 patients.
- This is the third such approval following the drugs remdesivir and dexamethasone.
- Eli Lilly & Co’s Japan subsidiary had applied to regulators for the new use of the drug in December 2020.
Wipro: 3rd largest IT firm by market cap
- Wipro Ltd overtook Noida-headquartered HCL Technologies to become the third-largest Indian IT services company by market capitalization, on 23 April 2021.
- Wipro has regained this spot after a gap of 18 months.
- Earlier, on 22 October 2019, Wipro had a market capitalization of Rs1.449 trillion, while HCL Technologies had a market capitalization of Rs1.444 trillion.
Protocol for Psychosocial Rehabilitation
- Realizing the need for psychological care along with physical treatment of COVID-19 patients, a Protocol for Psychosocial Rehabilitation has been developed.
- Central Council for Research in Yoga and Naturopathy, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, Bengaluru, and Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana has developed this protocol.
- It was released on 23 April 2021.
Conditional drone use exemption to ICMR
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation and Directorate General of Civil Aviation has granted a conditional exemption to the Indian Council of Medical Research for conducting a feasibility study of COVID-19 vaccine delivery using drones in collaboration with IIT Kanpur.
- The permission exemption is valid for a period of one year or until further orders.
- The exemption has been granted to some entities.
Musician Shravan Rathod passes away
- Musician Shravan Rathod of the Nadeem-Shravan duo passed away in April 2021 due to Covid-19.
- Aashiqui, Sajan, Hum Hai Rahi Pyar Ke, Pardes, Raja Hindustani are some of their popular hits.
- Nadim-Shravan duo had done the hattrick of winning Filmfare award for the best musician.
- Shravan retired from active music-making in 2005.
UP Govt to invoke National Security Act
- UP govt will invoke National Security Act and Gangster Act on those persons who are involved in black marketing and holding of necessary medicines, oxygen, and injections required for covid treatment.
- Very soon the state will get 1.25 lakh doses of remdesivir injection.
- The state health department has issued new guidelines to private and government hospitals for better management.
MP’s largest Covid Care Center in Indore
- In Madhya Pradesh, the state’s largest Covid Care Center has been developed at the Radha Soami Satsang Beas Ashram located on Khandwa Road in Indore.
- Less symptomatic/asymptomatic patients who do not have home isolation facilities in their home or patients whose health status needs to be regularly monitored will be kept here.
- It is being started with 600 beds.
Indian women boxers create history
- In the World Youth Boxing Championships, Indian women boxers created history with seven gold medals in Kielce, Poland.
- All the women finalists Gitika, Naorem Babyrojisana Chanu, Poonam, Vinka, Arundhati Choudhary, T Sanamacha Chanu, and Alfiya Pathan registered their wins and finished on the top of the podium.
- Apart from the eight finalists, three others won bronze medals at the tournament.
Bangladesh signs agreement with World Bank
- The government of Bangladesh has signed an agreement for USD 250 million financings from the World Bank to help create more and better jobs, recover faster from the COVID-19 pandemic and build resilience to future crises.
- This was the third and the last in the series of credits totaling USD 750 million under the Programmatic Jobs Development policy.
Myanmar Army Chief to attend ASEAN meeting
- The Head of the Military govt of Myanmar Senior General Min Aung Hlaing will embark on his first foreign visit after the coup to Indonesia to participate in the ASEAN leaders meeting on 24 April 2021.
- The summit meeting is being held to discuss the crisis caused by the military takeover of the govt on 1 Feb’21.
- Thailand and the Philippines will send their Foreign Ministers for the meeting.
Registration process for vaccination to start
- The registration process for COVID vaccination to all above 18 years will start from 28 April 2021.
- All those eligible can register on the Co-Win portal – cowin.gov.in.
- The third phase of COVID vaccination is starting from the 1st May 2021.
- During this phase, vaccine manufacturers will supply 50% of their monthly released doses to the Central government and the remaining doses to states.
PM Modi chairs high-level meetings
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired high-level meetings on 23 April 2021 to review the prevailing COVID-19 situation.
- Due to that, he canceled his visit to West Bengal on 23 April 2021.
- He also interacted with Chief Ministers of high burden states on the COVID-19 situation.
- He also held a meeting with leading oxygen manufacturers in the country through video conferencing.
India-US partnership on clean energy
- PM Narendra Modi has announced a US-India partnership on clean energy and climate change.
- Addressing Leaders’ Climate Summit, he announced the launch of the India-US climate and clean energy Agenda 2030 partnership.
- He informed that the partnership can be a template of green collaborations to help developing countries access affordable green finance and clean technologies.
Health Ministry issues Clinical Guidance
- The Health Ministry has issued a revised Clinical Guidance for the management of adult COVID-19 patients.
- The guidelines have been issued by AIIMS, ICMR-COVID-19 National Task Force.
- Under emergency use authorization, Remdesivir may be considered for only those patients with moderate to severe diseases requiring supplemental oxygen within 10 days of onset of symptoms.
#Top Current Affairs 23 April 2021
#Top Current Affairs
#Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-
- Join Telegram Group: Click Here
- Latest Government Job Notification