Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 27 April 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 27 April 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Google tops YouGov’s 2021 technology rankings
- Google is at the top spot in research firm YouGov’s 2021 Technology Rankings.
- It had the most positive impression among urban Indian consumers.
- The survey ranks brands across hardware/software manufacturers as well as social media platform categories based on an ‘Impression score’, which is a measure of whether a consumer has a positive or negative impression of a brand.
Adani Group secures 7 cryogenic tanks
- Amid a shortage of medical oxygen in the country due to surging coronavirus cases, the Adani Group has successfully secured seven more cryogenic tanks to transport liquid oxygen from Thailand.
- It has also successfully secured 12 cryogenic tanks to transport liquid oxygen from Dubai.
- Cryogenic tanks are useful since a lot more life-saving oxygen can be transported in liquid than in gas form.
MS Dhoni: Most recalled celebrity in IPL ads
- Actor Ranveer Singh and cricketer MS Dhoni are the most recalled brand ambassadors in the Indian Institute of Human Brands (IIHB) study on advertising recall in IPL 2021.
- The annual IPL ad recall research was conducted by the Indian Institute of Human Brands (IIHB) ten days after the start of the league in 2021.
- MS Dhoni had a CELEBAR score of 87, up from 82 at the last IPL.
JSPL to divest stake in Jindal Power
- Jindal Power and Steel (JSPL)’s board has approved divesting its entire equity interest in Jindal Power to World one, for Rs 3,015 crore.
- The divestment is in line with JSPL’s strategic aim of continuously reducing its debt, focussing on its India steel business, and reducing its carbon footprint by almost half as part of its ESG objectives.
Doctors launch telemedicine helpline
- An Indian-American group led by several doctors has launched a free telemedicine helpline for COVID-19 patients.
- It is led by Dr. Avinash Gupta, who is president of Bihar and Jharkhand Association of North America (BJANA).
- The group is using the internet and apps to provide free healthcare consultancy to those who have tested positive for COVID-19.
HCL Technologies and IBM collaborate
- IBM Security has collaborated with HCL Technologies Ltd to help unify and streamline threat management for clients via a modernized security operation center (SOC) platform.
- As part of the collaboration, HCL’s Cybersecurity Fusion Centers will be designed to take advantage of IBM’s Cloud Pak for Security, to help create a unified security platform to connect security teams, tools, etc.
Ingenuity makes yet another successful flight
- The Ingenuity Mars helicopter of NASA has made yet another successful flight on Mars.
- It flew faster and farther on April 25, 2021 than in any tests it went through on Earth.
- The third flight of the helicopter was recorded by the US Space Agency’s Perseverance rover on Mars.
- The helicopter’s black-and-white navigation camera, meanwhile, tracks surface features.
Singapore, Hong Kong to open travel bubble
- Singapore and Hong Kong have agreed to open a travel bubble from 26 May 2021 between the two cities.
- The long-delayed travel bubble was first slated to begin in November 2020 but was suspended after a sudden spike of Covid infections in Hong Kong.
- If it goes ahead, this travel bubble will be the second major air route in the region after Australia and New Zealand resumed flights in Apr’21.
Rs 8,180 crore transferred to Punjab farmers
- About Rs 8,180 crore have already been transferred directly into Punjab farmers’ accounts against the sale of their wheat crop.
- For the first time, farmers of Punjab have started receiving payments directly into their bank accounts.
- About 21.17 lakh wheat farmers have already benefitted from the ongoing rabi marketing season procurement operations with an MSP value of about Rs 43,912 crore.
3,130 MTs of oxygen supplied by steel plants
- Ministry of Steel has informed that over 3,130 Metric Tonnes of liquid medical oxygen was supplied by steel plants to various states on 26 April 2021.
- Steel plants are enhancing the supply of liquid medical oxygen by taking various initiatives.
- This includes a reduction in the production of Nitrogen and Argon and the production of only liquid medical oxygen in most plants.
#Top Current Affairs
UK provides critical medical supplies to India
- Amid the growing demands of medical supplies in the country, the United Kingdom has provided critical medical supplies to India to deal with coronavirus cases.
- A shipment of vital medical supplies from the UK including 100 ventilators and 95 oxygen concentrators arrived on 27 April 2021.
- This was informed by the External Affairs Ministry.
Fresh Covid guideline for Unani practitioners
- The Ministry of Ayush on 27 April 2021 released the revised guidelines for Ayurveda and Unani practitioners for COVID-19 patients in home isolation and Ayurveda and Unani preventive measures for self-care.
- Previously on 29 January 2021, the Ministry of Ayush issued an advisory on how to protect oneself from COVID-19 and how to stay healthy.
WHO unveils global immunization strategy
- An UN-led global immunization strategy was unveiled on 26 Apr 2021 to reach more than 50 mn children who have missed life-saving jabs against measles and other diseases because of Covid-19 disruption.
- The new global strategy has the potential to save 50 mn lives by 2030.
- A WHO survey showed more than one-third of countries were still seeing disruptions to their routine immunization services.
Uli Stuhec joins Mahindra & Mahindra
- Mahindra & Mahindra has roped in Dr. Uli Stuhec, as the Vice-President and Head, Global Born Electric Platform.
- He will be part of the Electric Vehicle Tech Centre, at Mahindra North American Technical Centre, Detroit.
- He will lead the BEV (Born Electric Vehicle) vehicle program – BEV architecture and development of BEV platform strategy in collaboration with MRV Chennai.
Roland Bouchara: CEO and MD of Stellantis
- Stellantis has announced the appointment of Roland Bouchara as the new Chief Executive and Managing Director of Stellantis India.
- Bouchara was leading the entry of PSA’s Citroën brand in India as the senior Vice President of sales and marketing prior to this.
- He will oversee Jeep and Citroën national sales companies in India as well as the group’s manufacturing operations.
India’s 4G user base may grow to 820 million
- India’s 4G user base is slated to grow to around 820 million in FY22 despite a Covid spike, according to Crisil Research.
- Crisil expects the Big 3 operators to focus this fiscal on gaining and upgrading the 250-300 million feature phone users to go 4G.
- India’s 4G subscriber additions in FY22 will be more than in the last fiscal.
Justice Rajesh Bindal: CJ of Calcutta HC
- The President of India has appointed Justice Rajesh Bindal to perform the duties of the office of the Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court with effect from 29th April 2021.
- The decision comes following the retirement of Justice Thottathil Bhaskaran Nair Radhakrishnan, Chief Justice, Calcutta High Court.
- Bindal is the senior-most Judge of Calcutta High Court.
Warburg acquires stake in Parksons Packaging
- American private equity (PE) firm Warburg Pincus’ affiliate Green Fin Investments BV has acquired a majority stake in Parksons Packaging Ltd.
- Warburg has acquired around 80% stake in the company at an enterprise value of around ₹2,200 crores.
- As part of the transaction, existing PE investors Kedaara Capital AIF 1 and Olza Holdings Ltd, and IIFL have fully exited their investment in Parksons.
India to receive Sputnik V on May 1
- India will receive the first batch of Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine against COVID-19 on May 1, 2021.
- Russia’s RDIF sovereign wealth fund, which is marketing Sputnik V globally, has already signed agreements with five leading Indian manufacturers for over 850 million doses of the vaccine a year.
- The RDIF expects the production of the vaccine in India to reach 50 million doses a month.
Gilead to help India
- Gilead Sciences Inc will give India at least 450,000 vials of its COVID-19 drug remdesivir and donate active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) to boost production.
- All seven Indian companies licensed to produce it are scaling up their batch sizes and adding new manufacturing facilities.
- The companies had an installed capacity of about 3.9 million units per month as of 11 April 2021.
#Top Current Affairs 27 April 2021
#Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-