Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 24 April 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 24 April 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
The world’s 1st twin NFT (physical + digital)
- Kanthraj N, a Bangalore-based watercolor artist is all set to auction “My Life’s Work”, the 1st physically linked Non-Fungible Tokens(NFT), which is an assembly of his 12 original award-winning paintings.
- He will be using Rubix, an NFT platform, to tokenize the physical paintings.
- The auction will feature the world’s largest NFT sold as of 24 April 2021.
Maharashtra to get 4.35 lakh Remdesivir vials
- The center has approved the supply of 4,35,000 vials of Remdesivir to Maharashtra till 30 April 2021.
- This supply was earlier 2 lakh 69 thousand vials, which has been increased by the central government on the demand of the state.
- Maharashtra is the worst-hit state by the pandemic.
IIS officer Manikant Thakur passes away
- A senior officer of the Indian Information Service Manikant Thakur has passed away following a COVID-19 infection.
- Mr. Thakur had served in different departments of the Ministry of I&B including the Bureau of Outreach & Communication, News Services Division of All India Radio, and DD News.
- He was recently posted in the Health & Family Welfare Ministry as the Chief Media officer.
Biological E gets the nod for the Phase 3 trial
- Biological E Limited has received approval from the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization’s (CDSCO) subject expert committee (SEC) to start the phase-III clinical trials.
- The company had completed the phase-I and II trials, in the second week of November 2020.
- BE’s Phase I/II clinical trials evaluated the vaccine as “safe, well-tolerated and immunogenic” to get injected.
Iran to ban travelers from India
- Iran on 24 April 2021 announced that it would bar travelers from India over a COVID-19 variant to avert its spread in the country.
- Iran’s civil aviation organization will bar all flights to and from India and Pakistan from 25 April 2021.
- Iran has ordered its eastern provinces to increase border security as Iran’s eastern provinces shares a close border with Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Ex-Hyderabad pacer Ashwin Yadav passes away
- Former Hyderabad fast bowler Ashwin Yadav passed away on 24 April 2021.
- He made his Ranji Trophy debut in 2007 against Punjab in Mohali and had the best figures of 6 for 52 against Delhi at Uppal Stadium in the 2008-09 season.
- Yadav had played 14 first-class matches and captured 34 wickets.
- He also played for State Bank of Hyderabad and State Bank of India in the local leagues.
Israel reports no COVID-19 deaths
- Israel has recorded no deaths related to COVID-19 for the first time in 10 months.
- The last time zero deaths were reported in the country was in June 2020 after a lockdown was imposed in the country.
- Among all the countries in the world, Israel has the highest vaccination rate.
- Total 53 percent of the Israeli population has received two doses of the vaccine, as of 24 April 2021.
PPCR’s “Mission Vayu” to combat Covid-19
- The Pune Platform for Covid Response (PPCR) has arranged for the procurement and donation of 250 ventilators and 4k oxygen concentrators for the worst affected areas of the country.
- PPCR is anchored at Mahratta Chamber of Commerce Industries & Agriculture.
- The equipment has been arranged from Singapore to India under ‘Mission Vayu’.
- The 1st consignment is expected to arrive in India on 25 Apr’21.
China donates 1.5 L Covid vaccines to Syria
- China has donated 150,000 doses of its Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine to Syria.
- The consignment of the vaccine arrived in Damascus, Syria on 24 April 2021.
- Damascus also received its first delivery of COVID-19 vaccines from the global COVAX initiative, with nearly 200,000 AstraZeneca shots in mid-April 2021.
Congress MLA Kalawati Bhuria passes away
- Kalawati Bhuria, a Congress MLA in Madhya Pradesh passed away on 24 April 2021 due to Covid-19 related complications.
- Kalawati represented the Jobat Assembly constituency in the Alirajpur district of Madhya Pradesh.
- She had become a legislator after winning the Jobat seat in 2018.
SpiceJet airlifts oxygen 800 concentrators
- SpiceXpress, the air cargo arm of SpiceJet, has airlifted 800 oxygen concentrators from Hong Kong to Delhi for emergency use and distribution across the country.
- SpiceXpress’s B737 freighter aircraft airlifted the consignment, will reach Delhi on 25 April 2021.
- SpiceJet is looking at bringing more than 10,000 oxygen concentrators in the coming days from across the globe.
Haryana bans gathering of over five people
- The Haryana government on 24 April 2021 banned the gathering of over five people to tackle the coronavirus situation.
- The gov also ordered the implementation of the “work from home” system in offices in its worst-hit six districts.
- Gurgaon, Faridabad, Hisar, Karnal, Sonipat, and Rohtak are the worst-hit six districts of the state.
Defense PSUs, OFB to provide health services
- The gov has allowed all health facilities of Defense PSUs and Ordnance Factory Board to provide health services to the Covid affected civilian population.
- A 1,000-bed hospital, set up by the DRDO, has become operational in Gujarat.
- On 24 April 2021, one C-17 transport aircraft of the IAF picked up 4 cryogenic containers from Singapore for storage of liquid oxygen to boost oxygen supply.
19th edition of ‘VARUNA-2021’ from April 25
- The 19th edition of the Indian and French Navy bilateral exercise ‘VARUNA-2021’ is scheduled to be conducted in the Arabian Sea from 25 April 2021.
- The Indian side will be led by Rear Admiral Ajay Kochhar, Flag Officer Commanding Western Fleet.
- While, the French side will be led by Rear Admiral Marc Aussedat, Commander Task Force 473.
- The three-day exercise will conclude on 27 April 2021.
Customs duty cut on oxygen & other equipment
- The Centre has decided to grant full exemption from basic customs duty and health cess on import of Medical Oxygen and other medical equipment.
- The gov also decided to exempt Covid vaccines from basic import duty for the next 3 months from May’21.
- The gov has nominated Gaurav Masaldan, joint secy, Customs, as a nodal officer for issues related to customs clearance of oxygen & other equipment.
Over 14 cr covid vaccine doses administered
- India has administered more than 14 crore coronavirus vaccine doses to eligible beneficiaries, as of 24 April 2021.
- India has become the fastest country to administer 14 Crore doses of COVID-19 Vaccine in just 99 days.
- Phase-I of the world’s largest COVID-19 vaccination drive was launched on January 16, 2021.
Youngest Microsoft certified professional
- Arish Fatima, a four-year-old prodigy from Karachi, made history by becoming the youngest Microsoft Certified professional.
- Arish Fatima scored 831 marks in the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) exam, where the minimum score required to pass the MCP exam is 700.
ASEAN leaders discuss Myanmar crisis
- Southeast Asian leaders began a crisis meeting in Myanmar on 24 April 2021 aiming to persuade Senior General Min Aung Hlaing to forge a path to end the violence.
- The meeting of ASEAN leaders in Jakarta is the first coordinated international effort to ease the crisis in Myanmar.
- Myanmar is a member of the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations, ASEAN.
Punjab shuts iron industries to divert oxygen
- Punjab CM Amarinder Singh on 24 April 2021 ordered the shutdown of operations in the state’s iron and steel industries to divert oxygen for medical use amid the oxygen crisis in the state.
- The demand for oxygen in the state currently stands at 250 metric tonnes (MT) per day and is expected to go up to 300 MT in May 2021.
UP govt sets up an oxygen monitoring system
- The Uttar Pradesh government has set up an ‘oxygen monitoring system’ in Lucknow.
- Under this system, a Command Control Centre has been opened at Home Department in Lucknow.
- The system will help to monitor the live report on the movement of Oxygen tankers on a map.
- It will analyze and inform if the tanker is getting delayed either in filling or in transportation.
@Top Current Affairs 24 April 2021
#Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-