Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 22 April 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 22 April 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Centre rolls out an allocation plan
- The Centre has rolled out an allocation plan for the distribution of anti-viral drug Remdesivir in 19 states reporting a higher number of COVID-19 cases.
- The allocation includes bulk purchases made by the states as well as supplies through private distribution channels.
- This initial allocation is till 30 April 2021 and it will be reviewed constantly in consultation with the states.
PM Modi addresses Leaders’ Summit on Climate
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the Leaders’ Summit on Climate on 22 April 2021.
- The two-day summit will be held virtually and Mr. Modi made his remarks in the session which has the theme – Our Collective Sprint to 2030.
- He was invited by US President Joe Biden to participate in this summit.
- Nearly 40 other world leaders are participating in the summit.
COVAXIN demonstrates 100 percent efficacy
- Bharat Biotech and ICMR have announced interim results from Phase – 3 trials of COVAXIN.
- It has reported overall interim clinical efficacy of 78 percent of Covaxin.
- The efficacy of the vaccine against severe COVID-19 disease was 100 percent.
- The second interim results showed India’s first COVID-19 vaccine had demonstrated strong primary efficacy against severe COVID-19 disease.
Pankaj Gupta to lead Coinbase’s India centre
- Coinbase Global Inc. has appointed Google Pay’s Pankaj Gupta to lead its upcoming India development center.
- He will be the cryptocurrency exchange’s site lead for India, responsible for building the team here from scratch.
- Gupta is the founder of deeptech startup Halli Labs, which was acquired by Google in 2017.
Centre hikes oxygen quota for 7 states & 1 UT
- In view of a sudden spike in the demand for oxygen in some states due to the ongoing pandemic, the central government has increased the quota of oxygen in the seven states and UT of Delhi.
- These states are Maharashtra, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Andhra Pradesh, and Uttrakhand.
- In Maharashtra, the quota has been increased from 1646 Metric Tonnes (MT) to 1661 MT.
Dish to build 5G network
- Dish Network has signed a deal with Amazon to build its 5G network on Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud platform.
- It will launch its first network in the United States in Las Vegas in 2021.
- Dish has chosen a new technology called Open Radio Access Network (O-RAN) that uses software to run network functions on the cloud, reducing the use of physical equipment.
IndiGo to procure four freighter aircraft
- IndiGo, which is operated by InterGlobe Aviation, is sourcing 4 Airbus A321ceo aircraft, each of which will be converted from passenger jets to a full freighter configuration.
- A letter of intent has been signed with a lessor for 2 aircraft already and IndiGo expects to reach an agreement for the next two shortly.
- The initiative will make the best use of the natural synergies that IndiGo offers.
Joe Biden to offer tax credits for vaccination
- President Joe Biden will announce tax credits to businesses that provide paid time off for some people to get COVID-19 shots as he seeks to get corporate America more involved in the vaccination campaign.
- The government plans to reimburse businesses for the cost of giving workers as many as 80 hours of paid time off to get their shots or recover from any vaccination side effects.
Indiabulls Housing partners with HDFC Ltd
- Indiabulls Housing Finance has entered into a strategic co-lending partnership with HDFC to offer housing loans to homebuyers at competitive rates.
- It will originate retail home loans as per the jointly-drawn up credit policy and retain 20% of the loan in its books, while the remaining 80% will be on HDFC Ltd’s books.
- It will service the loan account throughout the life cycle of the loan.
5th batch of Rafale arrives in India
- The fifth batch of Rafale fighter aircraft arrived in India on 21 April 2021 flying a distance of 8,000 km from Merignac Air Base in France.
- The aircraft had started joining the IAF fleet in the July-August timeframe in 2020 and were quickly operationalized by the Air Force.
- The aircraft had also been deployed for patrolling along the China front in eastern Ladakh.
Russia plans to launch its own space station
- Russia is ready to start building its own space station with the aim of launching it into orbit by 2030 if President Vladimir Putin gives the go-ahead,
- The project would mark a new chapter for Russian space exploration and an end to more than two decades of close cooperation with the United States aboard the aging International Space Station (ISS).
India gets world’s largest single-day spike
- India on 22 April 2021, reported a daily jump of 314,835 new coronavirus cases, surpassing the previous highest one-day rise in the world of 297,430 cases posted by the United States in January 2021.
- Deaths rose by a record 2,104 to reach a total of 184,657, according to Health Ministry data.
- India’s total cases are now at 15.93 million.
Havas Media: Sanchita Roy as Head of Strategy
- Havas Media Group India has promoted Sanchita Roy as Head of Strategy.
- She joined the group in 2020 as Head of the western region to manage overall Mumbai operations.
- Havas Media Group India offers a wide range of integrated marketing solutions covering strategy, media planning, and buying, PR, social media, mobile, data, research, and analytics services across traditional and digital media.
#Top Current Affairs 22 April 2021
Subex launches HyperSense
- Analytics solutions provider Subex Ltd has launched HyperSense, an end-to-end augmented analytics platform.
- It will help enterprises make faster and better decisions by leveraging artificial intelligence (AI) across the data value chain.
- HyperSense is a no-code, elastic, cloud-native platform built on open-source, that contains all the augmented analytics capabilities.
Export of agricultural commodities increases
- India witnessed an impressive increase of almost 18.5% in the export of agricultural and allied products during April’20 to Feb’21 as compared to the same period, the previous year.
- The export was over Rs 2,70,000 crores.
- The country witnessed tremendous growth of 727 percent in wheat export and 132 percent in non-basmati rice export, despite the prevalence of the COVID-19 pandemic.
MP Government to augment oxygen production
- Madhya Pradesh Government is working on a war footing to augment oxygen production in the state.
- Out of the 8 oxygen plants approved by the Government of India for the state, four oxygen plants have started in Khandwa, Ujjain, Shivpuri, and Seoni districts.
- Two plants will start in Mandsaur and Jabalpur in the next 2 days and in Ratlam, Morena district in the last week of April 2021.
59,000 vials of Remdesivir for Tamil Nadu
- The Union Government has allocated nearly 59,000 vials of Remdesivir to Tamil Nadu, for the ten-day period from the 21st April 2021.
- The state witnessed nearly 11,700 new Covid cases on 21 April 2021.
- The fresh supply of the investigational therapy drug Remdesivir is aimed at meeting the surging demand for it, in the wake of increasing Covid disease burden.
AK Walia passes away due to Covid-19
- Senior Congress leader and former Delhi minister AK Walia passed away due to Covid-19 in April 2021.
- Walia was MLA for four consecutive terms.
- He was a member of the first, second, third, and fourth Legislative Assemblies of Delhi.
- Walia won from Geeta Colony Assembly seat thrice.
- He represented the Laxmi Nagar Assembly seat in the Assembly during his fourth term.
Maulana Wahiduddin Khan passes away
- Noted Islamic scholar Maulana Wahiduddin Khan passed away in April 2021.
- He was honored with the Padma Bhushan in 2000, was awarded the Padma Vibhushan in 2021.
- Khan wrote over 200 books on several aspects of Islam and established the Centre for Peace and Spirituality to promote interfaith dialogue.
Japan’s PM postpones his India visit
- Japan’s Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga has postponed his India visit in light of the resurgence of COVID cases.
- He was scheduled to visit India later in April 2021.
- Both India and Japan have also decided to postpone their foreign and defense ministerial talks which were scheduled for April 2021 in Tokyo.
- Japan has recently reported a fresh spike in the number of coronavirus cases.
@Top Current Affairs 22 April 2021
#Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-