Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 19 April 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 19 April 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
China, U.S. agree to tackle climate crisis
- The world’s two biggest carbon polluters China and the US have agreed to tackle the climate crisis with urgency.
- Both countries have expressed their commitment to working together and with other countries to tackle climate change.
- The decision came after several meetings held in April 2021 between Chinese climate envoy Xie Zhenhua and his US counterpart John Kerry in Shanghai.
Shri Ramanujacharya Jayanti: 18 April
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu paid tributes to the great philosopher, saint & social reformer, Shri Ramanujacharya Ji on his Jayanti on 18 April 2021.
- He was a great proponent of Vedanta and Vaishnavism who also propagated the message of universal brotherhood.
- The mummified body of Ramanuja is preserved at the Ranganathaswamy Temple in Srirangam using sandalwood paste and saffron.
Narendra Kaushal passes away
- A senior officer of the Indian Information Service Narendra Kaushal passed away following a COVID-19 infection in April 2021.
- Narendra Kaushal served in different departments of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting including All India Radio, Doordarshan, ROB, and RNI in senior positions.
Centre allows transition time of 6 months
- The Centre has allowed a transition time of six months for ensuring supply chain continuity and access of eight regulated medical devices while implementing their regulatory order under Medical Devices Rules MDR, 2017.
- These medical devices include CT scan equipment, MRI equipment, PET Equipment, Dialysis Machine, X-Ray Machine, and Bone marrow cell separator.
Centre bans oxygen for industrial usage
- The Centre has prohibited the supply of oxygen for industrial purposes by manufacturers and suppliers from 22 April 2021 till further orders.
- The matter was deliberated by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) with all the stakeholders.
- This prohibition, however, shall not apply to the supply of oxygen for nine industries including pharmaceuticals.
IFFCO to set up oxygen plant in Gujarat
- Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) is going to set up an oxygen plant with 200 cubic meters per hour capacity in its Gujarat’s Kalol unit.
- It will provide free oxygen to hospitals suffering from a shortage of oxygen amid the unprecedented surge of COVID-19 infections.
- The plant will fill 700 big D-type cylinders daily and also 300 medium B size cylinders on demand.
Train coaches converted to isolation facility
- Indian Railways has converted 4,002 train coaches as a COVID-19 care-cum-isolation facility to assist state governments facing a shortage of beds in their states.
- These coaches will be allocated to state governments on request.
- Railways has deployed 94 coaches in Maharashtra’s Nandurbar.
- Meanwhile, Northern Railways has deployed 50 isolation coaches at Delhi’s Shakur Basti railway station.
Prime Minister chairs important meeting
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi chaired an important meeting on 19 April 2021 on the COVID-related situation in the country.
- The senior officials of the Health Ministry were present in the meeting.
- The Prime Minister had on 17 April 2021 reviewed the COVID and vaccination situation in a crucial meeting where he called for putting up a more vigorous fight to defeat the second wave of COVID.
Kerala imposes new covid restriction
- Kerala has imposed a new covid restriction as it recorded its highest single-day surgeon 18 Apr’21 with 18,257 new covid cases.
- RT- PCR test has been made compulsory for people coming to Kerala from other states.
- The test needs to done 48 hours prior to the travel and is mandatory even if the person is vaccinated.
- 14 days of room isolation is compulsory for those who do not take the test.
Chhattisgarh imposes lockdown in 28 districts
- In Chhattisgarh, all 28 districts will be under lockdown from 20 April 2021.
- Lockdown has already been imposed in 24 districts of the state.
- In the Kanker and Narayanpur districts of the Bastar division, the lockdown was imposed from 19 April 2021, while Sukma and Kondagaon districts will be under lockdown from 20 April.
- Meanwhile, the lockdown period has been extended in 13 districts of the state.
6 day lockdown in Delhi from 19th April 2021
- The Delhi government has decided to impose a six-day-long lockdown in the national capital.
- The lockdown will come into effect from 19th April which will continue till 26th April morning.
- It had earlier imposed a two-day weekend curfew which came to an end on 19 April 2021.
- People engaged in essential services and facing emergency conditions will be allowed for movement during the lockdown.
Narendra Modi Stadium will host T20 final
- Ahmedabad’s Narendra Modi Stadium will host the T20 World Cup final in November 2021.
- The BCCI has zeroed in on eight venues in all for the October-November T20 Cup, which includes Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Dharamshala.
- BCCI has also decided to field both the men’s and the women’s teams at the 2028 Los Angeles Olympics if the game is included in the roster.
Deepak Punia wins silver in Asian C’ships
- World championships silver medalist Deepak Punia settled for a silver medal in the Asian wrestling championships in Almaty, Kazakhstan on 18 April 2021.
- Sanjeet bagged bronze for India in the 92 kg category.
- India thus ended the Asian Championships with seven medals in the men’s freestyle event and an overall tally of five gold, three silver, and six bronze medals.
Helen McCrory passes away
- British actress Helen McCrory, who starred in the television show Peaky Blinders and the Harry Potter movies, passed away in April 2021.
- McCrory also starred in the TV thriller Fearless, movie The Queen, and had roles in Martin Scorsese’s film Hugo and the James Bond thriller Skyfall.
- She was also known for her charity work, including FeedNHS, a campaign run during the pandemic.
Mewalal Chaudhry passes away
- Former Bihar Education Minister and Janata Dal (United) MLA Mewalal Chaudhry passed away in April 2021 due to Covid-19.
- Chaudhary, who was the sitting Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) of Bihar’s Tarapur constituency was removed as the state Education minister on corruption charges.
- The state currently has 44,700 active cases.
Delhi government sets up control rooms
- The Delhi govt has set up two control rooms to monitor and manage the supply of “COVID-19 management drugs” amid a massive rise in coronavirus cases.
- Delhi recorded the biggest jump in its daily COVID-19 tally with 25,462 fresh cases, on 18 Apr’21.
- For East, North East, South, Central, New Delhi, and North districts, the Karkardooma Head Office will serve as the control room.
Govt of Ghana to acquire stake in AirtelTigo
- The govt of Ghana, Bharti Airtel, and Millicom International Cellular S.A. have announced the execution of a definitive agreement for the transfer of ‘AirtelTigo’ to the government of Ghana.
- In the proposed agreement, the government of Ghana will acquire 100% shares of AirtelTigo, along with all customers, assets, and liabilities.
- AirtelTigo would then become and operate as a state entity.
Zeenah Vilcassim: Marketing Director Bacardi
- Bacardi India has announced the appointment of Zeenah Vilcassim as the company’s Marketing Director.
- Vilcassim, who joined the company on 1 April 2021, will head consumer and customer marketing across the entire Bacardi portfolio of brands.
- She joined Bacardi four years ago as global brand director for Dewar’s Scotch whisky.
- Bacardi sells its signature rum brands in India.
Jeremy Choy to join Midea as CFO
- HSBC Holdings Plc’s head of technology mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in Asia, Jeremy Choy is joining Chinese home appliances giant Midea Group Co. as its Chief Financial Officer.
- Midea focuses on making air conditioners, refrigerators, and washing machines.
- Choy joined HSBC in June 2019 from China Renaissance Holdings Ltd., where he was the head of M&A.
West Bengal govt forms 4-member Task Force
- The West Bengal government has formed a 4-member Task Force on the augmentation of covid beds in private hospitals and nursing homes to mitigate the surging impact of covid19 cases in the state.
- Sanjay Bansal, Secretary in Health and Family Welfare Dept will chair the task force and act as State Nodal Officer.
- The state reported the highest single-day spike of 7713 covid cases on 17 Apr’21.
@Top Current Affairs 19 April 2021
#Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-