Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 15 April 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 15 April 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Babar Azam: World’s No.1 batsman
- In the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) rankings for ODI batsmen, Pakistan Captain Babar Azam has climbed to the No.1 spot.
- Azam replaced Virat Kohli, who was occupying the top position for nearly three and a half years.
- Babar’s 82-ball 94 in Pakistan’s third ODI against South Africa, took his rating points to 865, eclipsing Kohli’s 857 points and pushing the Virat to second place.
Bangladesh receives over USD 1bn financing
- Bangladesh has received over USD 1bn financing from the World Bank to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and to build resilience to the future crisis including vaccination against the COVID-19.
- It received USD 500 million under the COVID-19 emergency Response and pandemic preparedness project to vaccinate over 54 million people against the virus.
Increase in production of Remdesivir
- The Government has decided to increase the production and supply of Remdesivir and also to reduce its prices in the country.
- It has approved seven additional sites having a production capacity of 10 Lakh vials per month to six manufacturers.
- The current total installed capacity of the seven manufacturers of Remdesivir in the country is 38 lakh 80 thousand vials per month.
Fund raising witnesses 115 percent rise
- During 2020-21 fiscal, around Rs 46,030 cr has been raised through public issues witnessing a growth of 115%.
- On the other side, with an increase of 15%, Rs 64,059 crore was raised through the rights issue.
- The number of issues in the Corporate Bond Market also increased by 10 percent in 2020-21 fiscal.
- Assets under management of Mutual Fund Industry increased by 41 percent.
Pohela Boishakh: 15 April 2021
- Pohela Boishakh was observed on 15 April 2021.
- Pohela is the first day of the first month (Boishakh) of the Bengali calendar.
- Hence, Pohela Boishakh is also known as Bengali New Year.
- According to the Drikpanchang, it is believed that King Shoshangko of ancient Bengal is credited with starting the Bengali era, which is estimated to be in 594 in the Gregorian calendar.
IMPCL achieves the highest ever turnover
- The Indian Medicines Pharmaceutical Corporation Limited (IMPCL), the public sector manufacturing unit of the Ministry of AYUSH has recorded a turnover of ₹164.33 cr in 2020-21.
- It is the highest in the company’s history.
- It also reported an all-time high profit of approximately ₹12 crores.
- Presently, IMPCL manufactures 656 classical Ayurvedic medicines for the various diseases spectrum.
EU to get 50 million Pfizer doses early
- The European Union is expecting 50 million Pfizer coronavirus vaccine doses earlier than expected, as the United States would continue a pause in vaccinations using the Johnson & Johnson shot.
- AstraZeneca faced a similar setback after Denmark banned its use, over blood clot links.
- More than 820 million Covid-19 vaccine doses have now been administered globally.
Israel honors Pfizer chief Albert Bourla
- Israel paid tribute to the CEO of Pfizer Inc. Albert Bourla during its Independence Day celebrations on 14 Apr’21.
- Bourla agreed to provide Israel with enough Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines to inoculate the country of 9.3 mn people.
- In return, Israel has agreed to share data from its campaign with Pfizer.
- Israel has vaccinated over three-quarters of its adult population in just over 3 months.
Adani, Dixon gets industrial land in Noida
- The Noida Authority has allotted industrial land to 13 companies, including Adani Enterprises and Dixon Technologies, in a move that would bring in investments worth ₹3,870 crores in the Noida region, Uttar Pradesh.
- Adani Enterprises has been allotted 39,146 sq meters of land in Sector 80 for a proposed data centre and the business group is expected to invest ₹2,500 crores in Noida.
Ark Investment buys Coinbase stock on debut
- Three funds at Cathie Wood’s Ark Investment Management bought shares of the biggest U.S. cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase Global Inc. on its highly anticipated trading debut, on 14 April 2021.
- The Ark Innovation ETF, Ark Fintech Innovation ETF, and Ark Next Generation Internet ETF bought a combined 749,205 shares of Coinbase.
- Coinbase’s stake is worth about $246 million.
TCP promotes Puneet Das as President
- Tata Consumer Products (TCP) has announced the elevation of Puneet Das as President for its packaged beverages business in India and South Asia.
- Das was earlier senior Vice President, marketing, for the India beverages business at the company.
- TCP sells beverages under brands such as Tata Tea, Tetley, Eight O’Clock Coffee, and Tata Coffee Grand in India and overseas.
Wholesale Inflation rate rises above 7 percent
- The wholesale Inflation rate in the country rose above 7 percent driven by an increase in prices of fuel, food, and manufactured goods.
- As per the provisional data released by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade of the Commerce Ministry, the annual rate of WPI inflation stood at 7.39 percent for March 2021.
- However, the month-on-month rate of inflation stood at 1.57%.
Rapid Antigen Test for incoming passengers
- In view of the recent surge in Covid-19 cases, the compulsory Rapid Antigen Test will be conducted on all incoming passengers at Port Blair airport from 16 April 2021.
- The Rapid Antigen Test will be done at no cost.
- If a passenger found positive during the testing he/she will be sent to institutional quarantine as per the SOPs.
- The passenger may also opt to stay at an identified hotel.
RBL Bank and Mastercard announce partnership
- RBL Bank and Mastercard have announced their partnership to launch a mobile-based consumer-friendly payment solution – the Pay by Bank App.
- It is a first-of-its-kind payment functionality in India.
- RBL Bank account holders can now enjoy contactless transactions across the world through their mobile banking application both in-store and online.
Dabur India hits ₹1 trillion in market cap
- Dabur India Ltd touched ₹1 trillion in market capitalization after its shares hit a fresh record high on 15 April 2021.
- The stock touched an all-time high of ₹569.20 and is currently up 1% at ₹566 on the BSE.
- Dabur’s market cap stood at ₹1.01 trillion.
- Overall, Dabur is expected to deliver 31% growth during the fourth Quarter of FY21.
Facebook signs deal to buy renewable energy
- Facebook has signed a deal to buy renewable energy in India from a local firm’s wind power project.
- This will be Facebook’s first such deal in India.
- The 32-MW wind power project, located in southern Karnataka, is part of a larger portfolio of wind and solar projects that Facebook and Mumbai-based CleanMax are working together on for supplying renewable power into India’s electrical grid.
34th Convocation of IGNOU
- Union Minister of Education Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ addressed at the 34th Convocation of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) through virtual mode on 15 April 2021.
- The University awarded 2,37,844 degrees, diplomas, and certificates of different programmes to the successful students.
- 29 medals were awarded to the meritorious students at the ceremony virtually.
Aditya Birla Capital, Sun Life to sell stake
- Aditya Birla Capital Ltd and Sun Life (India) AMC will together sell a 13.5% stake in their asset management joint venture – Aditya Birla Sun Life AMC Ltd.
- Aditya Birla Capital’s board has approved the sale of up to 2.88 million shares held by it in the asset management business.
- While Sun Life (India) AMC will sell up to 36.03 million shares.
IFC to invest $100 mn in JC Flowers India fund
- The World Bank Group entity International Finance Corporation (IFC) is partnering with JC Flowers.
- It will help domestic lenders resolve their distressed assets and free up capital for new lending apart from allowing mid-sized firms to preserve jobs and avoid insolvency amid the raging pandemic.
- Under the project, IFC will invest up to $100 mn in the JC Flowers India opportunities fund.
Vector Green Energy plans to raise Rs 1237 cr
- US-based Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) Indian green energy platform, Vector Green Energy plans to raise Rs 1237 crore through a green bond in the Indian capital market.
- GIP manages $70 billion of assets including 15 GW of renewable projects.
- Vector Green had acquired 306MW solar projects from Rattan India Group in September 2020.